Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qur'anic studies today

(Read 1276828 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 192 193 194195 196 ... 368 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5790 - March 06, 2019, 12:25 PM

Very simple, verse 91 ( a sign for the world) gives the link with verse 107 ( a mercy to the world) and make us understand both of them speak of Jesus.

Make you understand. The real question here is why no name is written in the textus receptus. of v.107. The reason is (yawn...) ambiguity. Therefore, to identify who it is, it is a work left to the reader who have to deal with the information he have.

However, muslims added the name of Muhammad in verse 107 in non arabic text in bracket and claim this verse is the proof of Muhammad's mission to mankind as stated by the Quran.

I have the translation of Blachère here : Nous ne t'avons envoyé, [Prophète Muhammad !], qu'en [marque de] miséricorde pour le monde.
    Blachère was not Muslim. He just did like he always did : when the speaker of the text is speaking to someone: "We have not sent you  " the you    it issupposed to be Muhammad  as when it deals with the narrative recounted about war, etc.,  where the same grammatical pattern is used . He's still the one the "we" is supposed to address. And not Jesus except when it is clearly stated by the text.

But, and it is what you do not get (I do not get many things, basic equations, maths, etc,)  it is because it is ambiguous that translators (muslims or not) add the [bracket ] to specify because it is not clear at all. Because there is no possibility to know about who we're talking about.
    There is two points here in v.107 : of what figure the "we" is talking about and   who is the the you  addressed.
    But it has no importance. Why? The Quranic Jesus is a QURANIC Jesus. Like all the Quranic prophets. He was not crucified, he is not resurrected, he does not save the world.The miracles are not him, it is God. He was sent as a SIGN of God : surah 21, verse 91, And [mention] the one who guarded her chastity, so We blew into her [garment] through Our angel [Gabriel], and We made her and her son a sign for the worlds. (Surah 21, verse 107) And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
     mercy is not saving anything. For Christians, Jesus is the Savior, not the Mercyor... Get to your Christian theology (ter)

If it is Jesus in v.107, it is the Quranic Jesus, nothing else on the same model as all the Quranic prophets. Jesus the Word of God,  4:171 :The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. haha! : 7:144. He said : O Moses ! I have preferred thee above mankind by My messages and by My speaking (unto thee). So hold that which I have given thee, and be among the thankful.
    If the way of telling it is different, the meaning is the same :the Quranic Jesus/Moses are the same.; they both hold the Speaking of God.

It is not the Muslim writers who " telling us how to read the Quran and minimizing the role of Jesus".
    It is that you do do know reading a text.

This is wrong as we see from comparing verse 91 vs 107 but it is also wrong from the Quran itslef that give itself a more restricted mission geographically speaking.

I do not know what you're talking about. The Quranic Jesus was sent to the sons of Israel, 6:61 :And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that
    which was (revealed) before me in the Torah/And will make him a messenger unto the children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord.

This is but one example of the muslims writers telling us how to read the Quran and minimizing the role of Jesus to promote that of Muhammad.

They minimize nothing. the Quran have a Quranic version of a figure called Jesus, there is no need of  "the Muslim writers telling us how to read the Quran " You need to learn reading a text.

Another one is the Quran telling us Muhammad made no miracle but talks about the miracles performed by Jesus, etc,etc......

The miracles are not those of Jesus by himself , it is God who allows to do them 3:49 : I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses.

Fortunately, the ahadith

The ahadith have nothing to see with the author(s) of the Quran.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5791 - March 06, 2019, 03:38 PM

only Gallez built a WRONG theory about that

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this?
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5792 - March 06, 2019, 04:20 PM

So let me summarize what I said and you will understand where you got the whole thing wrong both in your assumptions re Islam and both in describing what I said :

- Anastasius speak of Arabs in the Sinai as the new Jews and talk about synagogues of the Arabs,

New Jews?, what is that?  NEW what? JEWS? What JEWS?  Huh?

Some ignorant Saracens who saw this vision did not believe[3], and did not stop blaspheming the holy place because of these very wonders and the venerated crosses that are found there. They should have said rather that if God were blasphemed by Christians, he would not do in their assemblies wonders such as he never did in our country or in any other religion or synagogue of Jews or Arabs.

You invent. You should put bracket like your Muslim friends! hahaha!

- Anastasius speak of Arabs in the Sinai as [the new Jews] and talk about synagogues of the Arabs,

I have not all the text of Anastasius at hand, then I can be WRONG, but you have to quote the passage of the new Jews, I'm pretty sure that it does not exist.

- therefore, he doesn't state that they are Jews but rather that they have a link with Judaism,

What?

Anastasius speak of Arabs as the new Jews/ he doesn't state that they are Jews

The New Jews? are not JewsAfro

- we know also from the dialog between John the Patriarch and the Amir that some of those believed in the Torah and nothing else (yes no Quran),

No more Anastasius then? Too bad.... Cheesy

Penn has refuted (brilliantly) the 7th c. time of  John the Patriarch and the Amir (yawn)...:

A more detailed comparison of John and the Emir with other early Christian texts on Islam yields several data points that more strongly suggest a late seventh- or eighth-century date of composition than one in the 640s.
    Second,
    when speaking of Muslims, John and the Emir uses a word rarely found in seventh-century Syriac sources, calling them “Hagarenes" (mhaggraye). This term occurs in a single extant mid-seventh-century writing,
    one of Isho{yhab III’s letters (d. 659)34.  Among late seventh-century sources mhaggraye appears in only two additional places, the writings of Jacob of Edessa (d. 708) and the colophon of BL Add. 14,666 (dated
    682)35. In contrast, most seventh-century sources speak of Muslims as “Arabs”

Third
    Although Syriac Christians eventually came under increased pressure to define Christian inheritance law, this concern is not found in any known mid-seventh-century documents38. Furthermore, the case discussed in John and the Emir seems much closer in form and content to what is attested in the Qur’an than what had been discussed in earlier Syriac canon law39

Fourth
    The strongest argument for a later dating of John and the Emir, however, can be found by moving from these specific points to a more general observation. Reinink briefly speaks of John and the Emir depicting Islam “as a new religion43.” Because the very definition of what constitutes a religion, especially a “new religion,” is fairly subjective, Reinink’s word choice is unfortunate and has led to easy criticism44. But one can safely say that John and the Emir sees Hagarenes as having a different set of beliefs than Christians do – they do not think that Christ is divine, they do not believe Christ to be God’s son, and they do not accept the Christian scriptures45. More importantly, the very narrative of a disputation, as well as the questions posed by the emir, clearly indicate that the author sees Hagarenes as presenting a direct challenge to Christian doctrine. This is without precedent among early Syriac texts. Seventh- century Syriac chronicles – the Chronicle of 640, the Chronicle of Kurzistan, the Melkite Chronicle, the Maronite Chronicle, John of Penkaye’s Book of Main Points, Jacob of Edessa’s Chronicle – speak of Arab invaders, the horrors of the conquest, and the ravages of civil wars46.
    But never, not once, do they speak of Arabs disputing Christian doctrine47. Similarly, the closest Isho{yhab III's letters ever come to outlining Islam’s religious challenges to Christianity is one brief allusion to apostasy which Isho{yhab attributes to monetary motivation. Otherwise he notes that Muslims do not generally help Miaphysites and actually aid East Syrian churches and monasteries48

Conclusion :
    One can quite easily argue against the four reasons most commonly cited to support the historicity of a meeting between John and {Umayr in the 640s. It still, however, remains possible that John and {Umayr actually met and discussed Christian doctrine. But without further evidence, one should remain wary of claims such as John and the Emir witnesses the earliest “inter-faith dialogue” between Christians and Muslims69

An analysis of John and the Emir and a comparison of its form and content with other early Christian texts on Islam yields several important conclusions regarding the work’s genre, date, and historicity: (1) it is almost
    certain that John and the Emir is not an entirely accurate representation of an encounter between a Christian and a Muslim ruler, rather it is a carefully crafted piece of apologetics(2) it is quite probable that the text was not originally composed in the 640s but rather was written in the late seventh or in the eighth century; and (3) it is quite possible that a meeting between John Sedra and {Umayr ibn Sa{d never actually took place but is rather a later literary construct. In sum, it is extremely unlikely that a Miaphysite patriarch and a Muslim commander ever exchanged the very words preserved in John and the Emir. To read John and the Emir as if it were a transcript filled with unbiased empirical data
    misconstrues both the text itself and the circumstances under which it was written. As with most other disputation texts, John and the Emir does not reflect an attempt at objective historiographyas much as an act    of apologetics, polemics, and meaning-making70. This conclusion does
    not lessen the importance of John and the Emir for the study of early Christian/Muslim interactions, but it does highlight the need for particular reading strategies to effectively analyze this document, strategies that
    focus more on questions of ideology and representation than on historical reconstruction     

It is the same arguments as I have developed  of Pseudo Sebeos, supposed written in 640. Results are the same, they are later texts and attests of nothing of what the all other texts attest in 640/50/60, etc.
    To my knowledge both texts are the only ones who recounts the same structural stories : involvement  of the Jews for the conquest (Sebeos) and beliefs (John and the Amir). Unfortunately, their authors want to make it look like old texts of the 640 ;  both texts do not resist to a scholarship investigation. They can deceive a guy like Marc because he is not an historian, an historian is someone who is trained to read sources. Marc is trained to nothing in the field.
    Both texts does not resists to a scholarship investigation Therefore they are fabrications. They are late 7 or beginning of the 8th c.  (possibly later...) where people try to understand what happened and who is  responsible of the disaster. Are the Jews responsible? Why not. But one have to prove it  with others texts/sources than fabricated retro projected (supposed to have been written in 640's) fake news like Sebeos and John and the Amir.

- we can also read the following from one 6th century scholar :

Sozomen is not  6th century scholar 500-600 but c. 400 – c. 450 AD[/b] (yawn...)

An implausible theory—but a telling one all the same. Sozomen came from near Gaza, between the Mediterranean and the Negev, and was an experienced observer of the region. He had travelled to
    Mamre, for instance, and witnessed the crowds that gathered there: he knew full well that it was not
    only Christians who reverenced Abraham, but Jews and pagans too. This led him, in contrast to
    Theodoret, to contemplate a quite hideous possibility. What if the Saracens’ knowledge of their
    ancestry did not necessarily lead them to Christ? What if it led them in a different direction altogether?
    After all, their origin being what it is, they practise circumcision like the Jews, refrain from the use of pork like the Jews, and observe many other Jewish rites and customs. That they deviate at all from the Laws of the Jewish people can only be ascribed to the lapse of time, and to the influence upon them of other, pagan peoples.95 It was a devastating insight—and had an obvious corollary. Cleanse the Arabs of their paganism,
    and it might not be a Christian people at all that emerged from beneath the ordure, but something
    alarmingly different: whole tribes of Jews. In fact, according to Sozomen, this had already happened:
    “There are those of them who, by coming into contact with Jews, learn the truth of their origins, and
    so return to the ways of their kinsmen, and are persuaded to adopt Jewish customs and laws.”Who
    precisely these Jews might be, Sozomen did not think to say; but it certainly suggested that Christianity, beyond the reaches of Roman control, was not the only option available to Arabs embarked on a spiritual quest.
       Tom Holland 'Shadow of the Swords' p150

1/Nihil nove sub sole here (yawn)... the Jews gives to the Arabs Biblical laws because they consider them as the sons of Ishmael, from the Bible. Like the Christians consider them as the sons of Ishmael, from the same text!
    2/Is this (true i think) attestation of Sozomen (c. 450 AD) is corroborated by later ones before Anastasius? I'm afraid not.
    Therefore it cannot be the foundation of what see Anastasius... Lacks later testimonies to be grounded.
    Knowing the relation with the Jews, it seems to me improbable that the Romans left develop "Judaism" in Egypt and Palestine to their Arabs allies...

- a non muslim source is telling us that the Arabs who cleared the Capitol were Egyptians, something one can understand as people coming from the Sinai region, which doesn't fit with your theory that eastern Arabs invaded Jerusalem,

You think one use free men for clearing the mess in Late Antiquity ? Really?
    Again, you are not trained to read those texts Marc. It is not your training; I'm sorry to be obliged to say that publicly, because you deceive the readers of this forum. As you appears to have some historical knowledge, They may thought they can trust you in what you say. It is, unfortunately, not the case. History is not only historical knowledge and Penn shows it. I'm sorry to be obliged to say that publicly, as you are not aware of this dimension and that you consider yourself as more than an amateur due to you knowledge in the field. I'm sorry Marc you're an amateur. You believe what you (badly) read, you invent words that do not exist (may be I'm wrong, I do no have time to check, therefore crush me! Find NEW JEWS!) (yawn...)

- Talking about Jerusalem, the one credited to capturing it is Amr ibn Al-As whom I don't think was an eastern Arab but evidence points to the fact he originated from the Palestine/Sinai region

I see we're getting off topic, no more Anastasius then? Since you read French, check de Prémare about that.

Sorry but when you claim the invaders of Jerusalem did have Quranic texts with them just because they built a house of prayer and you say it is because of Quran 2:127, you are doing just what you are describing above.

I'm not 'claiming' anything. I (just) consider the possibilities. Sebeos is a retroprojected fake news not produced in 640, John and the Amir idem.
    Considering the specific word muhajirun in Syriac and in Arabic used by the "conquerors", considering Q 2, 127, considering that the frame Mecca/Kaba/Muhammad is a fiction as there is no trace (nowhere) of these, considering that during 70 years none Arab leader attests of its Mecca/Kaba origin, considering the C14  on codex form manuscripts results, I consider that it is possible that the muhajirun of 637 thought that the (some, not all, not in codex form) Quranic text they have were speaking of the Jerusalem Temple which was destroyed and that they wanted to fulfil what is was written in the text as they know that they were the Sons of Ishmael since ages. Q 2,127,  And when Abraham and Ishmael were raising the foundations of the House.
    I consider that it is possible. That is all.

Why ? Very easy : not only is there no link with this story and Jerusalem in the Quran

I consider that it is possible that the muhajirun (Quranic word grounded) of 637 thought that the (some, not all, not in codex form) Quranic text (where there is Quranic words like muhajirun) (yawn...) they have were speaking of the Jerusalem Temple which was destroyed and that they wanted to fulfil what is was written in the text as they know that they were the Sons of Ishmael since agesconsidering the C14 on codex form manuscripts results. Codex form which was not probably the original form of the consonantal script.

but there is no claim of Arabs to Jerusalem in history prior to that because they just didn't care only Gallez built a WRONG theory about that[/b])(

Of course that there is no claim of Arabs to Jerusalem. What does that have to do with what I'm saying? Nothing. I does not claim (anywhere, yawn...) that the Arabs objective was Jerusalem. Gallez claims that, not me. He is (totally) wrong about that.
    But the opportunity make the thief ; if it was not an objective to the conquest, it became a religious place for them because they built their house of prayer on the Mount. Why? for me it is possible because of Q 2,127, why? I've already said why (yawn...)

; on top of that, the Quran itself says that Allah gave Israel to Jews until Judgment Day like in Surah 5, verse 21

5,21. O my people! Go into the holy land which Allah hath ordained for you. Turn not in flight, for surely ye turn back as losers
    Allah gave Israel to Jews until Judgment Day? in 5,21?
    You sure? I'm not sure of you Marc. You invent words, expressions that do not exist. (yawn...)

So what then ?
    1/ Did they have all the Quranic texts? Arabs very knew that it was not the land of the Jews any more since ages. The "Holy Land" was not in Jews hands and they have Q 2,127 where they are describes as building the the foundations of the House. They did the same to their measures.

I never said they were Jewish.

= Marc said
    - Anastasius speak of Arabs in the Sinai as [the new Jews] and talk about synagogues of the Arabs,

He said that to explain that these guys were Jewhish as Anastasius speak of synagogues. All the readers can check that.
    These are your words, not mine ; I said they followed some kind of Abrahamism

=Marc said

He said that to explain that these guys were Jewhish as Anastasius speak of synagogues. All the readers can check that in previous posts.

And if they call themselves muhajirun, who are the believers then ?

Of what believers are you talking about?

Sounds like a group that encompass the muhajirun.

Maybe, it depends of what believers you talking about.

Because at this time all were more or less believers.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5793 - March 06, 2019, 04:26 PM

Altara - You seem to think that Sebeos is a later source than presumed. Can you provide some sources that discuss its dating? And do you think that Sebeos - if  you are right regarding its dating - is not a valuable source anymore for understanding early Islam?
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5794 - March 06, 2019, 04:44 PM

. Can you provide some sources that discuss its dating?

Nope. It is my own examination which rejoin the Penn  detailed dating arguments about John and the Amir. I still did not read the Hoyland article "Sebeos and the Jews" . Is it deals with this issue? I'm not sure of that.

And do you think that Sebeos if  you are right regarding its dating - is not a valuable source anymore for understanding early Islam?

It is clearly not (for me...) a valuable source about things that does not say the all 7th c.  and beginning (710) 8th c. texts about the early Islam as he recounts it ;  the all 7th c.  and beginning (710) 8th c.  never speak of this story.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5795 - March 06, 2019, 06:47 PM

Make you understand. The real question here is why no name is written in the textus receptus. of v.107. The reason is (yawn...) ambiguity.

No name is given because the context makes it clear who is mentionned. This is the usual rationale for this, not to create ambiguity.

when the speaker of the text is speaking to someone: "We have not sent you  " the you    it issupposed to be Muhammad  as when it deals with the narrative recounted about war,

You are free to believe the Quran talks about Muhammad ; I don't believe this at all.

But, and it is what you do not get (I do not get many things, basic equations, maths, etc,)  it is because it is ambiguous that translators (muslims or not) add the [bracket ] to specify because it is not clear at all. Because there is no possibility to know about who we're talking about.

No they add things because they want people to believe that the Quran is telling us about the life of the seal of prophets called Muhammad ; they don't do that becausec this text speak about Muhammad.

Get to your Christian theology (ter)

Which one ?

I do not know what you're talking about.

In 2 verses of the Quran, the Quran explain its geographical mission, and it is not for mankind ; this is all I am saying ; re-read the Quran, maybe you will pick it up.

They minimize nothing. the Quran have a Quranic version of a figure called Jesus, there is no need of  "the Muslim writers telling us how to read the Quran " You need to learn reading a text.
    The miracles are not those of Jesus by himself , it is God who allows to do them 3:49 : I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses.

Interesting that you quote this verse because, if you compare it with its source, Jesus does all those things on his own so the Quranic text was interpolated ; in the end, it does minimize Jesus role.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5796 - March 06, 2019, 06:56 PM

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this?

Well, for Gallez, the "muslims" raised a house of prayer in Jerusalem because they were influenced into this by the judeo-nazarene ; he also links it with Quran 2:127 ; those 2 assumptions are totally wrong for me. On top of that, when supporting all those claims, Gallez does make a lot of errors/confusions ; he, for example, mixed events happening in 614 with events happening in 637.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5797 - March 06, 2019, 08:47 PM

Again, you are not trained to read those texts Marc. It is not your training; I'm sorry to be obliged to say that publicly, because you deceive the readers of this forum. As you appears to have some historical knowledge, They may thought they can trust you in what you say. It is, unfortunately, not the case. History is not only historical knowledge and Penn shows it. I'm sorry to be obliged to say that publicly, as you are not aware of this dimension and that you consider yourself as more than an amateur due to you knowledge in the field. I'm sorry Marc you're an amateur. You believe what you (badly) read, you invent words that do not exist (may be I'm wrong, I do no have time to check, therefore crush me! Find NEW JEWS!) (yawn...)

We are on this forum to trade ideas and debate ; in the end, everyone is entitled to have his own opinion because there is no way to prove without doubt our own interpretation so I would suggest Altara that you act less arrogant and less insulting, especially when someone has a different opinion than yours  ; I have seen you pretending to have sources that in fact were your only opinions. I have seen you also not following a simple discussion or totally distorting what someone said ; I never acted arrognatly because we are all humans and can make mistakes ; I suggest you do the same.

No more Anastasius then? Too bad.... Cheesy

Another example of you missing the point in a discussion ; I based my opinions on different sources/events ; therefore I will not just talk about Anastasius.

Penn has refuted (brilliantly) the 7th c. time of  John the Patriarch and the Amir (yawn)...:

Let's say Penn is right about the dating ; to be honest, I don't care about the dating  ; however, there is something that neither you nor Penn has noticed, something that should have caught your eyes because you are trained to read those texts as you boast  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I will let you find it.

By the way, yes I am not an historian as my field is somewhere else but I can only notice the following funny things :

when speaking of Muslims, John and the Emir uses a word rarely found in seventh-century Syriac sources, calling them “Hagarenes" (mhaggraye). This term occurs in a single extant mid-seventh-century writing,one of Isho{yhab III’s letters

This argument is funny because 1) if the meeting did really happen then it is normal that the patriarch used this term that he would have learned from the people he spoke with  2) You said this
    Marc, the use of the Quranic word "muhajirun" everywhere, from Iraq to Egypt as soon as 640/650

but how do you know this because you quote someone who says there is no source of this during that era (yeah there is at least another one but i will let you bring it up) and so you agree with his argument and you contradict yourself.  whistling2 whistling2 whistling2

His conclusion is a mirror of what our debates are, often an opinion rather than undeniable facts. However, he didn't read the text through his assumption that the text is late so he missed something big.

Conclusion :
    One can quite easily argue against the four reasons most commonly cited to support the historicity of a meeting between John and {Umayr in the 640s.

It is the same arguments as I have developed  of Pseudo Sebeos, supposed written in 640. Results are the same, they are later texts and attests of nothing of what the all other texts attest in 640/50/60, etc.

All those texts need to be read in line with other sources ; when you do that, you can reach a better conclusion in my opinion but your arguments about the dating (and for Sebeos you have brought zero argument about his late date of composition, and even if you had it is not the issue)

To my knowledge both texts are the only ones who recounts the same structural stories : involvement  of the Jews for the conquest (Sebeos) and beliefs (John and the Amir). Unfortunately, their authors want to make it look like old texts of the 640 ;  both texts do not resist to a scholarship investigation. They can deceive a guy like Marc because he is not an historian, an historian is someone who is trained to read sources. Marc is trained to nothing in the field.

So all historians reach the same conclusion  ?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Honestly, you missed the point of what this kind of texts can bring, or not bring depends of the circumstansces.

Sozomen is not  6th century scholar 500-600 but c. 400 – c. 450 AD[/b] (yawn...)

I quoted from memory and made a mistake, and so ?

You think one use free men for clearing the mess in Late Antiquity ? Really?

I don't think nothing and there are many ways to read this text so ................really ?

I see we're getting off topic, no more Anastasius then? Since you read French, check de Prémare about that.

Another example of you missing the point in a discussion ; I based my opinions on different sources/events ; therefore I will not just talk about Anastasius. And I already read De Premarre.

I'm not 'claiming' anything.

You are, suffice to read your different statements, the fact that you ask people to source what they say but you don't follow the same discipline or pretend have the answer to everything doesn't jive with you being more prudent right now.

I consider that it is possible that the muhajirun (Quranic word grounded) of 637 thought that the (some, not all, not in codex form) Quranic text (where there is Quranic words like muhajirun) (yawn...) they have were speaking of the Jerusalem Temple which was destroyed and that they wanted to fulfil what is was written in the text as they know that they were the Sons of Ishmael since agesconsidering the C14 on codex form manuscripts results. Codex form which was not probably the original form of the consonantal script.

I would only say to this the following  Wink

You continue on the same way, it is then no more history, but ideology. Like Gallez, your theory does not fit. Like Gallez, you continue.

1/ Did they have all the Quranic texts? Arabs very knew that it was not the land of the Jews any more since ages. The "Holy Land" was not in Jews hands and they have Q 2,127 where they are describes as building the the foundations of the House. They did the same to their measures.

You continue on the same way, it is then no more history, but ideology. Like Gallez, your theory does not fit. Like Gallez, you continue.

= Marc said He said that to explain that these guys were Jewhish as Anastasius speak of synagogues. All the readers can check that. =Marc said He said that to explain that these guys were Jewhish as Anastasius speak of synagogues. All the readers can check that in previous posts.

I always said numerous times that those Arabs are not Jews (which seem obvious as otherwise Anastasius would call them Jews  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy). Now, maybe despite your historian training, you have memory loss or concentration problems , that is not my problem ; let me refresh it :

Sources are telling us about arabs converting to Abrahism/Jewish kind of monotheism prior to islam and their reverence to the patriarchal place of their race.

I was not refering to the Temple Mount when I said this but I was just highlighting that arabs were compared to Jews so there must have been something "jewish" in their religion(s).

Of what believers are you talking about?

There was a link that you didn't open, otherwise you would have understood.

Maybe, it depends of what believers you talking about.

Read my link and you will see that you need to provide a much better explanation, especially you cannot say without source that there wasn't a coalition of different faiths.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5798 - March 06, 2019, 08:55 PM

No name is given because the context makes it clear who is mentioned. This is the usual rationale for this, not to create ambiguity.

The Quranic Jesus is a clone of all the prophets presented in the corpus. Him or not, it has no importance.
    You are free to believe the Quran talks about Muhammad ; I don't believe this at all.

Thanks to avoid to say what you think I believe at my place.  Afro

No they add things because they want people to believe that the Quran is telling us about the life of the seal of prophets called Muhammad ; they don't do that becausec this text speak about Muhammad.

Blachère want that people believe in Muhammad?
    Lol...

Which one ?

You have Internet.

In 2 verses of the Quran, the Quran explain its geographical mission, and it is not for mankind ; this is all I am saying ; re-read the Quran, maybe you will pick it up.

Whatever it is, I think, Marc, that it can be refuted.

Interesting that you quote this verse because, if you compare it with its source, Jesus does all those things on his own so the Quranic text was interpolated ; in the end, it does minimize Jesus role.

The apocrypha source? Haha!
    Here we go again... When it does not fit, it is interpolations, etc. Like Gallez, Dye, etc.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5799 - March 06, 2019, 09:04 PM

Marc S is correct. These objections are very simplistic and unsophisticated. Why did the verse not say, Jesus; why did the Quran not say Christians instead of associators? The Quran is not a high school textbook. If this is our methodology and expectation, then there is no need to study the Quran and postulate theories at all.

good..good.,    well Mahgraye  that response was for Marc.. where folks  take  a verse here & verse there and make/claims  make their own translation/interpretation or write their own tafsir..   I  know Quran is not  a high school book., It is a book of Arabic songs .. sonnets  .. riddles .. stories ..  and we are all trying to make some sense out of it., ....to understand its origins and its history.....   the only problem is  we stopped doing what the book was originally intended for.....  SING SONGS.. PRAISE  LORD....ALLAH/GOD.. WHAT EVER ., AND TELL STORIES TO CHILDREN .. .... that we stopped doing...

anyways ... dear Mahgraye ....you are supposed to take /read whole response/s from my post/s not just one verse and write  rebuttal against that statement .

let me  repost links  of that  conversation between me and Marc again

please read conversation in those posts

So dear Mahgraye   ..How would you read Quran?   the way Marc reads...?  here  he reads verse  107 of chater 21 as Allah speaking about Jesus

Yusuf Ali 107:    We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures.

Shakir 107:    And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds.

Pickthal 107:    We sent thee not save as a mercy for the peoples.

Mohsin Khan: 107:    And We have sent you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): not but as a mercy for the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).

Saheeh: 107:    And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.

he consider that   objective  pronoun  "you  or thee"  in that verse refers to Jesus.,, where as  Mohsin Khan  or Saheeh translation consider it as "Muhammad" ....   me considers that as  "Moses"  .... Now how   would you solve that?

would you take verse 91 of surah 21 and support it make that "you" as Jesus Christ??.. If you do that I ask you why? and I argue with you to read whole chapter or atleast read verses from 91 to 111 to make some sense or story out of those sayings ..

Well I guess you guys do not read Quran... but you read SCHOLARS who are brain washed by the earlier scholars from universities that are supported by  AMRIKA OIL MONEY  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5800 - March 06, 2019, 10:07 PM

Another example of you missing the point in a discussion ; I based my opinions on different sources/events ; therefore I will not just talk about Anastasius.

Let's say Penn is right about the dating ; to be honest, I don't care about the dating

That is why you're an amateur. You've already made your opinion  and whatever it costs, it have to fit with the sources in inventing words that does not exists or interpolation whose you do not have a piece of attestation. You are incapable to think about the Quran without them.

; however, there is something that neither you nor Penn has noticed, something that should have caught your eyes because you are trained to read those texts as you boast  I will let you find it.

Yes we caught nothing, why not?

This argument is funny because 1) if the meeting did really happen then it is normal that the patriarch used this term

What term?  dance

His conclusion is a mirror of what our debates are, often an opinion rather than undeniable facts. However, he didn't read the text through his assumption that the text is late so he missed something big.

Yes you've already said that you've caught what we did not. What else? (yawn...)

All those texts need to be read in line with other sources ; when you do that, you can reach a better conclusion in my opinion but your arguments about the dating (and for Sebeos you have brought zero argument about his late date of composition, and even if you had it is not the issue)

Other sources of the same time.  Unfortunately  it does not matches the other 7 th. c texts.The arguments are the same of Penn for John. Nor more nor less.
    You're an amateur Marc...

So all historians reach the same conclusion  ?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Honestly, you missed the point of what this kind of texts can bring, or not bring depends of the circumstances.

There will be no refutation of Penn. Because there is nothing to refute. Apart by amateurs like you in a forum : "I can refute Penn but I've nothing to say, But I assure you I can refute it."

I don't think nothing and there are many ways to read this text so ................really ?

Amateurs say that in Late Antiquity free men clear the mess, they say it because 1/ they do not care of dates about texts; 2/ need to distort the facts to fit what they believe.

Another example of you missing the point in a discussion ; I based my opinions on different sources/events ; therefore I will not just talk about Anastasius. And I already read De Premarre.

And?

You are, suffice to read your different statements, the fact that you ask people to source what they say but you don't follow the same discipline or pretend have the answer to everything doesn't jive with you being more prudent right now.

I follow the same discipline I think. What is not sourced in what I say is deducted by documented  sources or facts (C14).

I would only say to this the following  Wink

Yes you had nothing to respond to :

Arabs very knew that it was not the land of the Jews any more since ages. The "Holy Land" was not in Jews hands and they have Q 2,127 where they are describes as building the foundations of the House. They did the same to their measures in 637. It is logical, as they knew nothing about Mecca/Kaba since they do not come from there. Of course I have no sources for that, it is a logical deduction of what we have as sources : C14 and no Mecca/Kaba.
    Allah gave Israel to Jews until Judgment Day? in 5,21?

Hallo Marc?

Yes Marc continue to rewrite the Quran to fit your view... Like "muslims writers" did adding, interpolating, etc. One knows very well the trick. My only issue with this, is simple : material attestations.
    There is none.
    Like Jewish Christianity groups in Mecca/Medina/Kaba (or elsewhere) in the 6 or 7 th c. which could have been at the origin of the Quran. No attestation.

Read my link and you will see that you need to provide a much better explanation, especially you cannot say without source that there wasn't a coalition of different faiths.

What are the believers in the Quran?

1/Muhajirun
    2/Muminin

1/There is no other words to design  from the outside the "conquerors" who called themselves "Muhajirun" : transliterated Maghrayé in Syriac and Moagaritai in Greek. They do not call themselves "Tayyayé" or "Saracens". The word "Muminin" is only used by Arabs, never by the Romans or the Syriac/Armenian etc; Arabs use it in abstract formulae like "amir al muminin" etc. That is all.
    No early Romans Syriac/Armenian sources attests of a 'coalition of faith".

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5801 - March 06, 2019, 11:07 PM

he consider that   objective  pronoun  "you  or thee"  in that verse refers to Jesus.,, where as  Mohsin Khan  or Saheeh translation consider it as "Muhammad" ....   me considers that as  "Moses"  .... Now how   would you solve that?

would you take verse 91 of surah 21 and support it make that "you" as Jesus Christ??.. If you do that I ask you why? and I argue with you to read whole chapter or atleast read verses from 91 to 111 to make some sense or story out of those sayings ..

Well I guess you guys do not read Quran... but you read SCHOLARS who are brain washed by the earlier scholars from universities that are supported by  AMRIKA OIL MONEY  

Well dear Yezevee, I get your issue ; like I said I link verses 91 & 107 to make that conclusion. How do you get to think it is Moses or someone else ? And as you seem to assume that some scholars paid by America think the same as me, can you tell me their rationale ?

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5802 - March 07, 2019, 12:02 AM

That is why you're an amateur. You've already made your opinion  and whatever it costs, it have to fit with the sources in inventing words that does not exists or interpolation whose you do not have a piece of attestation.

Thanks to avoid to say what you think I believe for me.  Afro

Yes we caught nothing, why not?

I will rephrase the dating is important but it is not important to decide to learn from this text.

Let's put the following together :

- according to you, the Arabs Chiefs have Quranic texts and follow them ; this is backed up by all your sources,
    - according to you, there was no coalition of faith among the Arabs
    - according to Penn, the text is dating from end of 7c/beg of 8th,
    - the text state that the Arabs conquerors follow the Torah,
    - the text states that those Arabs are not Jewish as it refers to their religion,
    - the text doesn't mention the Quran,
    - the text doesn't mention Islam

How do you explain those contradictions ? You don't apart from singing the same song : 1st c AH text (not the issue on the contrary) and/or they blame it on the Jews (no Jew involved in this text but well......).

Other sources of the same time.  Unfortunately  it does not matches the other 7 th. c texts.The arguments are the same of Penn for John. Nor more nor less.

So detail those arguments  ; you cannot
    You're an amateur Marc...  Altara

There will be no refutation of Penn. Because there is nothing to refute. Apart by amateurs like you in a forum : "I can refute Penn but I've nothing to say, But I assure you I can refute it."

Did I say I can refute him ? No ; I only said I don't care that it says it is a later text , on the contrary ; I only said that he missed the real issue. How can you pretend you know how to read texts when you make so many mistakes when you try to repeat what I said ?

Amateurs say that in Late Antiquity free men clear the mess, they say it because 1/ they do not care of dates about texts; 2/ need to distort the facts to fit what they believe.

Did I say that ? No. Does the text say this ? No.

Arabs very knew that it was not the land of the Jews any more since ages. The "Holy Land" was not in Jews hands and they have Q 2,127

Source ? None

where they are describes as building the foundations of the House

So Abraham and Ishmael built the House in Jerusalem ? Souce ? None.

. They did the same to their measures in 637. It is logical, as they knew nothing about Mecca/Kaba since they do not come from there. Of course I have no sources for that, it is a logical deduction of what we have as sources : C14 and no Mecca/Kaba.

One day, you say you have sources ; another one, when pressed, you recognize you have none.

As I already said,no it is not a logical deduction ; it is your opinion ; you have none of the sources that you always ask to others when they state their own logical deduction

Yes Marc continue to rewrite the Quran to fit your view... Like "muslims writers" did adding, interpolating, etc. One knows very well the trick. My only issue with this, is simple : material attestations.
    There is none.

You are right. After saying this "enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you", there is no other Quranic writing that strips the Jews from their rights on the Holy Land. But I might have missed it so point me in the right direction please. If I made a mistake, no problem.

1/Muhajirun
    2/Muminin

So 1) and 2) are the same people ? Source ?

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5803 - March 07, 2019, 12:17 AM

Blachère want that people believe in Muhammad?
    Lol...

Did I say that ? No. Is "they" in my sentence Blachère ? No. Blachère just repeat the muslim tale in his critical translation  Cheesy Cheesy of the Quran. He has no other choice anyway.

You have Internet.

You didn't get it, once again.

Whatever it is, I think, Marc, that it can be refuted.

Because there is nothing to refute. Apart by amateurs like you in a forum : "I can refute it but I've nothing to say, But I assure you I can refute it."

LOL

The apocrypha source? Haha!
    Here we go again... When it does not fit, it is interpolations, etc. Like Gallez, Dye, etc.

So the apocrypha is not the source of this Quranic verse ? Or they come from the same sources or different sources or the Quran is the source of the apocrypha ? Tell us your explanation (if you have one).
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5804 - March 07, 2019, 12:37 AM

Marc says and does the same thing with verse 5:21
    Well dear Yezevee, I get your issue ; like I said I link verses 91 & 107 to make that conclusion. How do you get to think it is Moses or someone else ? And as you seem to assume that some scholars paid by America think the same as me, can you tell me their rationale ?

Well you know Quranic verses speak riddles., one can easily pickle  the verses to suit our needs .Moshin Khan picked up Muhammad , you Picked Jesus and I picked Moses.,  As far as who pays who is concerned ., If some one picks up  Christ .. there are Vatican followers that  support ., others who pick up Muhammad.. oil money is there.,   for Moses we have Jewish money.. ..
    but just for the sake of you I can pick up a verse from Quran that supports my View in that verse that "you" being Moses..

but here we go again     another verse another  statement on that   Allah giving Israel to Jews
    ..................... on top of that, the Quran itself says that Allah gave Israel to Jews until Judgment Day like in Surah 5, verse 21    (yep another cloacking of the Quran by later muslim scholars on top of distorting the story told in the first verses of Surah 17 and build a claim to Jerusalem    and an explanation for the Dome of the Rock).

so  what does those verses Surah 5, verse 21 and surah 17 verse 1 say...??

Yusuf Ali  :    "O my people! Enter the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin."

Shakir :    O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers.

Pickthal :   O my people! Go into the holy land which Allah hath ordained for you. Turn not in flight, for surely ye turn back as losers: 

Mohsin Khan:    "O my people! Enter the holy land  (Palestine) which Allah has assigned to you and turn not back (in flight); for then you will be returned as losers."

Saheeh:    O my people, enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you and do not turn back [from fighting in Allah 's cause] and  [thus] become losers."   

well as usual  I neither see Israel Nor Jerusalem in that verse dear Marc.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5805 - March 07, 2019, 01:48 AM

- according to you, the Arabs Chiefs have Quranic texts and follow them ; this is backed up by all your sources,

They have some texts (read previous posts) they read them which means not necessarily following them, as "Islam" as we know it did not "exist". 
    - according to you, there was no coalition of faith among the Arabs

There was not identified chiefs denoted as Christians/Jews/ which is for me what you call  "coalition of faith" . That there was Christianized Arabs soldatesque, surely yes. The chiefs called themselves Muhajirun and the name was slowly adopted by the soldatesque. This name was transliterated in Syriac and Greek (previous posts) and served to denote all of those who were in charge.

- according to Penn, the text is dating from end of 7c/beg of 8th,

He is optimistic, I would say definitively 8th c. 710-15.

- the text state that the Arabs conquerors follow the Torah,

Nope, Penn does not use this very word :
    Fourth, John and the Emir states on multiple occasions that Muslims accept the Torah as authoritative but not other writings in the Hebrew Scripture41
    All is normal here:  the Quran which speaks only of the Torah, not other writings,  as authoritative, Q 3:3, 3,48, etc.
    Accept does not mean "following".

- the text states that those Arabs are not Jewish as it refers to their religion,

Quote in the text of Penn what you mean... I do not get it.

- the text doesn't mention no Quran

Yes no Quran
    - the text doesn't mention no Islam

Idem.
    How do you explain those contradictions ?

1/ It is not the Quran nor Islam which is questioned by the 8th c. author.
    2/ Only the role of the Jews as the friends/advisers of the Arabs insinuating that one way or another the Jews are involved in the shithole where Christianity is ; the author places the text in 640, he means that the Jews were involved since (at least) this time : usual Christian anti Jewish pattern, like Sebeos. Nihil nove sub sole...

You don't apart from singing the same song : 1st c AH text (not the issue on the contrary) and/or they blame it on the Jews (no Jew involved in this text but well......).

?

So detail those arguments  ; you cannot
    You're an amateur Marc...  Altara

I've quoted the four arguments of Penn and his conclusion (previous posts) read them. (Yawn...) I'm a real amateur. And you're a fraud historian.  Cheesy

Did I say I can refute him ? No ; I only said I don't care that it says it is a later text

Yet it is the most important topic; the date. But you do not get it, you're an amateur.

, on the contrary ; I only said that he missed the real issue

"Real issue" that (we) still do not know. Cheesy

Source ? None

Arabs live in Palestine  ( as the soldatesque for the  Romans vs the Persians) and are slowly Christianized since the middle of the 5th c (at least) and they would have known nothing of the land they live in?  You sure of that? They speak to nobody? Does not go in liturgical service where the Bible is read in Syriac or Greek? Nobody has explained to them the stuff?  whistling2
    Marc... you're really an amateur then? it's true?

So Abraham and Ishmael built the House in Jerusalem ? Souce ? None.

Q 2,127 that is why... see previous posts... yawn...

As I already said,no it is not a logical deduction ; it is your opinion

Not at all it is a logical and coherent deduction view to the sources one have. Of course, I have no time machine, I cannot bring you evidence...

; you have none of the sources that you always ask to others when they state their own logical deduction

Unfortunately you do not have logical deduction : you have "opinion" which have to fit whatever the costs, even if  inventing words, expressions,  is needed . You can do illusion in a restaurant. But with me here, it is more difficult.

You are right. After saying this "enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you", there is no other Quranic writing that strips the Jews from their rights on the Holy Land.

And? So what? They just  look around, see no Temple, few Jews, and, as sons of Ishmael being victorious with the help of God, considering  Q 2, 127 they can fulfil what it was written.

So 1) and 2) are the same people ? Source ?

1/Muhajirun
    2/Muminin
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5806 - March 07, 2019, 09:42 AM

well as usual  I neither see Israel Nor Jerusalem in that verse dear Marc.

What is the Holy Land ?

Otherwise, you don't seem to be aware of the scholars issue with 17:1. It is a well-known interpolation.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5807 - March 07, 2019, 12:53 PM

They have some texts (read previous posts) they read them which means not necessarily following them, as "Islam" as we know it did not "exist".  

You never provided any source, only your opinion so, as you said, no source, it is worthless.

There was not identified chiefs denoted as Christians/Jews/ which is for me what you call  "coalition of faith" . That there was Christianized Arabs soldatesque, surely yes. The chiefs called themselves Muhajirun and the name was slowly adopted by the soldatesque. This name was transliterated in Syriac and Greek (previous posts) and served to denote all of those who were in charge.

All of this has no source that you can provide, apart from the name Muhajirun that show up on at least 1 papyri but it doesn't explain the dating era that mention the Believers. On top of that, if the chiefs were not identified, how can you be sure of their faith. You can give your opinion of what you think they had but you cannot give any source.

Nope, Penn does not use this very word :
    Fourth, John and the Emir states on multiple occasions that Muslims accept the Torah as authoritative but not other writings in the Hebrew Scripture41

So, in 710/715, according to Penn and you, the muslims didn't accept the Psalms eventhough the Quran, which you say date from the 630's, does it ; that should make you and Penn think but you both don't for different reasons, him as a believer of Mecca/Medina/Kaba and you as a believer of your own tale with no source to explain the link between the Quran and those conquerors.

All is normal here:  the Quran which speaks only of the Torah, not other writings,  as authoritative, Q 3:3, 3,48, etc.

I guess you never read the verses you are mentionning  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   3:3  And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. 3:48 And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel

We already had that discussion on this issue because the Quran also mention the Psalms and the Gospel as revelation from Allah. Eventhough you try and bend the text, you only achieve to show your internal contradictions on the topic.

Accept does not mean "following".

This is the exact translation from Penn.  

He also inquired, “Why, when the gospel is one, is the faith diverse?” The blessed one answered, “Just as the Torah is one and the same and is accepted by us Christians, by you Hagarenes, by the Jews, and by the Samaritans, but each people differs in faith, so also concerning the gospel’s faith: each sect understands and interprets it differently, and not like us.”

Quote in the text of Penn what you mean... I do not get it.

"And the glorious emir said, “I want you to do one of three [things]: either showme that your laws are written in the gospel and be guided by them or submit to the Hagarene law."

The text clearly state that there was an understanding that the Arab faith derived from the Jewish religion but differed from it.

1/ It is not the Quran nor Islam which is questioned by the 8th c. author.
    2/ Only the role of the Jews as the friends/advisers of the Arabs insinuating that one way or another the Jews are involved in the shithole where Christianity is ; the author places the text in 640, he means that the Jews were involved since (at least) this time : usual Christian anti Jewish pattern, like Sebeos. Nihil nove sub sole...

You are right for Sebeos who put a lot of emphasis on the Jews but you are totally wrong with the dispute between the Patriarch and the Emir (you have no read the introduction done by Penn on this whistling2 whistling2). It is not at all about the Jews. The Patriarch or whoever wrote it, in a text that is totally or partially fabricated it doesn't really matter, a point you still don't get, has written an apologetic text targeted at Christians in order to promote Christian theology. But what the text says about the faith of the Arabs or some of them is free from inter-religious prejudice ; this is information gathered and mentionned as it was understood ; was it lost in transmission ? No one can know but it does kill any assumption of Arabs following the Quran as we know it today and as you imply this book was in the 630's. You didn't pick this up because you have your own theory and this text goes against it.

I've quoted the four arguments of Penn and his conclusion (previous posts) read them. (Yawn...) I'm a real amateur. And you're a fraud historian.  Cheesy
    Yet it is the most important topic; the date. But you do not get it, you're an amateur.

Penn is not interested in what the text says but to understand if it is the transcription of a real event or not. As he is a believer of the muslim tradition, he fails to conclude on some of the information brought by the text on the religion of those Arabs.

Arabs live in Palestine  ( as the soldatesque for the  Romans vs the Persians) and are slowly Christianized since the middle of the 5th c (at least) and they would have known nothing of the land they live in?  You sure of that? They speak to nobody? Does not go in liturgical service where the Bible is read in Syriac or Greek? Nobody has explained to them the stuff?  whistling2
    Marc... you're really an amateur then? it's true?

I don't know to what you are replying so I cannot comment  Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Unfortunately you do not have logical deduction : you have "opinion" which have to fit whatever the costs, even if  inventing words, expressions,  is needed . You can do illusion in a restaurant. But with me here, it is more difficult.

You currently describe your own rationale here.

And? So what? They just  look around, see no Temple, few Jews, and, as sons of Ishmael being victorious with the help of God, considering  Q 2, 127 they can fulfil what it was written.

Apart from the fact you seem to imply faith has something to do in the Arabs invasion, there is no need to fulfil what was written. Q 2:127 is about an event in the past, not a prophecy to implement.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5808 - March 07, 2019, 01:46 PM

What is the Holy Land ? ........

well   Marc     has a question...What is the Holy Land ? ., 

well,   Marc answer is very simple for that question , if you tell me whether you are  talking  about Holy Land of Muslims? Holy Land of Jewish folks Or Holy Land of Christian folks   of that time..

And....and other thing we must also learn to inquire is Who wrote that verse and when??

Anyway,  Marc is barbecuing verse 5:21 along with spicy verse 17:1 together to make his story.,   well I must read and I must ask you to read Quran again dear Marc  ..because  you says this
    Otherwise, you don't seem to be aware of the scholars issue with 17:1. It is a well-known interpolation.

So   let us first  read  5:21 and 17:1  together..   i love reading Quran  .. it is a good book

5:21:    O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers.

17:1:   Glory be to Him Who made His servant to go on a night from the Sacred Mosque to the remote mosque of which We have blessed the precincts, so that We may show to him some of Our signs; surely He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

.....Glory be to Him   ..Glory Marc ....Glory  ...   
    So there you go Marc... 
    what is the problem?
    what interpolation?
    whose interpolation?
    why interpolation?? 

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5809 - March 07, 2019, 02:02 PM

well let me read this publication by Izzeddin M. I. Issa  of  Dept. of English & Translation, Jadara University, PO box 733, Irbid, Jordan

Mistranslations of the Prophets' Names in the Holy Quran: A  Critical Evaluation of Two Translations

that is pubed in Journal of Education and Practice  Vol.8, No.2, 2017

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5810 - March 07, 2019, 04:30 PM

You never provided any source, only your opinion so, as you said, no source, it is worthless.

Nope, I provided logical deduction(s) from sources which are grounded. It is (unfortunately) not your case, as you modify them.

All of this has no source that you can provide, apart from the name Muhajirun that show up on at least 1 papyri but it doesn't explain the dating era that mention the Believers. On top of that, if the chiefs were not identified, how can you be sure of their faith. You can give your opinion of what you think they had but you cannot give any source.

One can logically think that if there was identified chiefs denoted as Christians/Jews/, view the numerous sources one have, there would have been attestations of what you affirms.
    There is none. Like Gallez who invent his "messianists" Ebionites, you invent a "coalition of faith"  (is that right?) whose there is not a piece of attestations,  like you've invented what it arranges you to fit (at all cost) your amateur opinion.

So, in 710/715, according to Penn and you, the muslims didn't accept the Psalms even though the Quran,

Penn does not use this very word , "following that YOU use. He uses authoritative. Get a dictionary to see the difference. Penn is a scholar, he chooses prudently (as I do) his words. For him, they do not follow the Torah, simply because if he  would have thought it, he would have write it. He did not.
    Since you have an academia account, ask him. I'm sure he will correct you as I do.
    Again you invent/ change the words used, not only in the sources (Quran, etc) but also in scholar articles. You do that (maybe) unconscionably to fit your amateur opinion (at all cost) to confirm your views. Unfortunately, it does not work like that.
     I can only repeat what Penn already said (yawn...) John and the Emir states on multiple occasions that Muslims accept the Torah as authoritative but not other writings in the Hebrew Scripture
    In the beginning of the 8th.c nobody (outside Muhajirun) has access to the Quran. The John author affirms then what he thinks is the truth, namely that they consider authoritative only the Thorah. (therefore not the Psalms). He is wrong, because he has not the informations that the Quran is accepting Psalms.
    But, as you are an amateur, you do not know this very fact. One can think that even John of Damascus (d.730) has never read a Quran. His knowledge comes from his conversations with muhajirun in Damascus where he was a member of the court. Again, you do not know that. And therefore... (yawn...)
    I guess you never read the verses you are mentioning  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   3:3  And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. 3:48 And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel

All is normal here:  the Quran which speaks only of the Torah  as authoritative"  I said that in the frame of what John said about Hebrew text (and I forgot he Pslams...). John mistaken about the Psalm (which are an Hebrew text) but I am not mistaken as the Gospel is not. That is why, yes, for the Quran the only Hebrew text as authoritative are the Torah and the Psalms. And nothing else.

We already had that discussion on this issue because the Quran also mention the Psalms and the Gospel as revelation from Allah. Eventhough you try and bend the text, you only achieve to show your internal contradictions on the topic.

?
    This is the exact translation from Penn.  

He also inquired, “Why, when the gospel is one, is the faith diverse?” The blessed one answered, “Just as the Torah is one and the same and is accepted by us Christians, by you Hagarenes, by the Jews, and by the Samaritans, but each people differs in faith, so also concerning the gospel’s faith: each sect understands and interprets it differently, and not like us.”

And?
    Christianity follows the Thorah? You sure of that Marc?
    You're Christian, right ? You follow the Thorah?
    Nope but you accept it as authoritative.

"And the glorious emir said, “I want you to do one of three [things]: either show me that your laws are written in the gospel and be guided by them or submit to the Hagarene law."

The text clearly state that there was an understanding that the Arab faith derived from the Jewish religion but differed from it.

Yes it is what the texts wants to show : the Jews (yawn...) Like Sebeos.

You are right for Sebeos who put a lot of emphasis on the Jews but you are totally wrong with the dispute between the Patriarch and the Emir (you have no read the introduction done by Penn on this. It is not at all about the Jews

It is.
    The muhajirun are naturally targeted since they are in charge, but the responsible of the religious situation, that the muhajirun are not Christians are targeted as well : the Jews who are denoted as their friends and advisers, therefore more or less involved in their faith. It is  the dimension what lies under the apparent dialogue between Christians and Muslim. As the dialogue is totally fiction as Penn observes, there is no reason to "promote Christianity" eagerly  in 710, Christianity is not menaced as such. It will be menaced much worst later.
    Same retro projecting pattern as Sebeos : the author of Sebeos retro projects his account to the real time of Sebeos (640/60) whereas he is writing in the middle of the 8th.
    John author does the same (710/15) in an account retro projected in 640. The common point of both stories : the Jews. Which are denoted  1/ the instigators, etc., of the conquest, 2/ the friends and advisers of the Arabs regarding their faith.

The Patriarch or whoever wrote it, in a text that is totally or partially fabricated it doesn't really matter, a point you still don't get, has written an apologetic text targeted at Christians in order to promote Christian theology. But what the text says about the faith of the Arabs or some of them is free from inter-religious prejudice ; this is information gathered and mentioned as it was understood ; was it lost in transmission ? No one can know but it does kill any assumption of Arabs following the Quran as we know it today and as you imply this book was in the 630's. You didn't pick this up because you have your own theory and this text goes against it.

1/There is no  factual reason to "promote Christianity" eagerly  in 710, Christianity is not menaced as such. It will be menaced much worst later.
    2/ What he says matches what one Syriac literati can know about the Arab faith in the beginning of 8 th c.
    2/ I (never) spoke of "book/codex" but of texts. Again you modify words, etc.
    Then you suggest that John author is not aware, in the beginning of the 8th c., that the muhajirun have no texts. I think the contrary as Radio carbon C14 indicates it. I consider (like Penn) that this text is a later text and not a 640/60/70/80/690 text. There is no logical reason that a literati ,as John author, was not cognizant, not necessarily of the "Quran" but of  existence, rumours, etc.,  of some texts owned by the muhajirun.

Which lies under the "dialogue" of  the John author is to indicate to its reader that the Jews are involved, that it is because of them that they have all the mess.
    Penn is not interested in what the text says but to understand if it is the transcription of a real event or not.

that is why
    he does not conclude on some of the information brought by the text on the religion of those Arabs.

Yes, it's logic.
    Ask him on academia.

I don't know to what you are replying so I cannot comment  

Me : Arabs very knew that it was not the land of the Jews any more since ages. The "Holy Land" was not in Jews hands and they have Q 2,127

Marc : Source ? None

Me :Arabs live in Palestine  ( as the soldatesque for the  Romans vs the Persians) and are slowly Christianized since the middle of the 5th c (at least) and they would have known nothing of the land they live in?  You sure of that? They speak to nobody? Does not go in liturgical service where the Bible is read in Syriac or Greek? Nobody has explained to them the stuff? Marc... you're really an amateur then? It's true?

Apart from the fact you seem to imply faith has something to do in the Arabs invasion, there is no need to fulfil what was written. Q 2:127 is about an event in the past, not a prophecy to implement.

1/ Of course, for the leaders, as a natural thing, but not in jihad, etc., and not in the way and frame the 9th narratives will tell it.
    2/ You do not know the Late Antique mentality.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5811 - March 07, 2019, 04:53 PM

Mistranslations of the Prophets' Names in the Holy Quran: A  Critical Evaluation of Two Translations

.....pubed in Journal of Education and Practice  Vol.8, No.2, 2017

well I scanned through the pub .. it concludes

This paper has examined the renditions of the prophets' names in the Holy Quran with an eye to checking the translator’s awareness of transliteration vs. naturalization as a translation strategy in dealing with the prophets’ names in translation. Twenty five names repeated five hundred and thirteen times in the Holy Quran have been surveyed.

It has been shown that Ali mistranslates six names with a ratio wrong of 24% whereas Al-Hilali &Khan mistranslate just four with a ratio wrong of 16% - an indication which accounts for constant progress in the translation process as there is more than a three-decade period of time between the two translations .

Definitely, mistranslating the name of a prophet causes a great loss of the meaning of the whole situation and causes the text to lose much of its value as it mistakes reference

well that is what he says .. I am not much worried about mis-translating the name of a prophet., my problem with Quran is ..Mis-translation of number of verses whose meaning makes it misinterpretation .., on top of it Rascals adding something in to their translation .. with already compounded problem that Quran has to start with .. that is Surahs and verses moving here and there and messing with sequence ..

anyways his  appendix gives this table

Appendix
     ...............T1 ........................ T2 ........................ English ...............Times............... Arabic
    1. ..........Adam ................. Adam .......... ...........Adam ....................25 ..........................
    2........... Abraham ...........Abraham .................Abraham .............69 .............................
    3........... Isaac ................... Isaac.......... ......... ......Isaac ................... 17  ..........
    4. ..........Jacob ................... Jacob.......... ......... .....Jacob ................... 16 ..........
    5. ..........Noah ................... Noah.......... ...............Noah ................... 43 ..........
    6. ..........David.......... ......... David ................... ....David ................... 16  ..........
    7. ..........Solomon.......... ....Solomon.................. Solomon ..............17  ..........
    8. ..........Job.......... ......... .......Job................... ......... Job.......... ............. 4  ..........
    9........... Joseph.......... ......... Joseph ................... Joseph...................  27 
    10. ..........Moses.......... ......... Moses ................... Moses...................  136 
    11. ......... Aaron......... .........  Aaron ......... ......... Aaron......... .........   20 
    12. ......... Zakariya ......... ......Zachariah ......... ..Zakariya ......... .........  7 
    13. ......... John ......... ......... ...John......... .................John ......... .........  5 
    14. ......... Jesus.........  ......... Jesus ......... ......... ......Jesus......... .........   25 
    15. ......... Elias ......... ......... ....Elias ......... ......... .....Elijah ......... .........  3 
    16..........  Isma’il ......... ......... Isma’il ......... ......... Ishmael ......... .........  12 
    17. ......... Elisha ......... ......... Elisha......... .........  ....Elisha .........  .........  2 
    18. ......... Jonah......... .........  Jonah ......... ......... ...Jonah.........  .........   4 
    19. ......... Lot ......... ................ .Lot ......... ......... ......Lut .........  .........  ....27 
    20. ......... Idris......... .........  .....Idris(Enoch) .......... Enoch .........  .........  2
    21. ......... Zul-kifl......... .........  Dhul-kifl ......... .......Ezekiel.........  .........   2 
    22. ......... Shu’aib......... .........  Shu’aib......... .........  Jethro .........  .........  13 
    23. ......... Hud ......... ......... ......Hud ................. ......... Eber...Hebrew...... ... 7 
    24. ......... Salih ......... ......... .....Salih ......... ......... .......Salih...... ......... ...... ........ 9 
    25. .....Mohammed ..........Mohammad.......... Mohammad.......... 5 ......... 
     ... ......... ......... ..... ......... ......... ..... ......... ......... ..... ......... ......... .............. Total: 513     

well That Arabic words of that last column made mess of the tables .. I will edit again ... but I have serious problem with that LAST ROW .."Muhammad" ..

So  in that table the Author scanned through two translations they are represented as T1 & T2..

T1= Ali, Abdullah Yousuf. (1964).  The Holy Quran: Translation and commentary. 2nd Edition. American Trust publications. USA.

T2= Al-Hilali, Mohammad Taqi-udin and Khan Mohammad Muhsin. (1996). Version The Noble Quran in the English Language: A Summarized of Al-Tabari, Al-Qurtubi and Ibn Kathir. Riyad Maktabat Dar-us-Salam.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5812 - March 07, 2019, 05:43 PM

Thanks Yeez.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5813 - March 07, 2019, 05:47 PM

Interesting Programme-INÂRAH-Waldthausen-01.-04.05.2019.pdf
    Guest star : Raymond Dequin dance

https://www.academia.edu/38507790/Programme-IN%C3%82RAH-Waldthausen-01.-04.05.2019.pdf
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5814 - March 07, 2019, 06:21 PM

well   Marc     has a question...What is the Holy Land ? ., 
     well,   Marc answer is very simple for that question , if you tell me whether you are  talking  about Holy Land of Muslims? Holy Land of Jewish folks Or Holy Land of Christian folks   of that time..

My dear Yeezevee, as Quranic texts about events described in the Torah/Talmud originates from the Jews, the Holy Land is according to the Jews.

Stating that 5:21 gives this land for ever to Jews is something some muslims ( Huh? Huh?) are saying ; quite controversial but I found it funny.

Anyway,  Marc is barbecuing verse 5:21 along with spicy verse 17:1 together to make his story.,   well I must read and I must ask you to read Quran again dear Marc  ..because  you says this So   let us first  read  5:21 and 17:1  together..   i love reading Quran  .. it is a good book

17:1 is another issue ; as Muhammad never set foot in Jerusalem after riding a buraq, whether physically or  thru a dream, and because the Dome of Rock was built in Jerusalem and doesn't relly fit the muslim narrative, a connection between Muhammad and Jerusalem was necessary  ; hence the interpolation of 17:1 , something scholars have picked up since a long time, and the fairy tale of the night journey.

what is the problem?
    what interpolation?
    whose interpolation?
    why interpolation??  [/center]

You can read this article from Daniel Beck ; he goes much further than me in analyzing this Smiley

http://www.almuslih.org/Library/Beck,%20D%20-%20Muhammad's%20Night%20Journey.pdf

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5815 - March 07, 2019, 06:27 PM

Interesting Programme-INÂRAH-Waldthausen-01.-04.05.2019.pdf

https://www.academia.edu/38507790/Programme-IN%C3%82RAH-Waldthausen-01.-04.05.2019.pdf

As she will be presenting for this conference, and for those who understand French, another member of the Gallez galaxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1_laARjpQ

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5816 - March 07, 2019, 07:28 PM

Nope, I provided logical deduction(s) from sources which are grounded.

On Dialogue Abraham, people told you many times that you have no scholarship methodology and that you say things without no proof ; insteand of taking this into account, you continue ; why not, that is your own issue ; too bad as I was expecting you would help me shed some lights on some of the issues I am struggling with Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

One can logically think that if there was identified chiefs denoted as Christians/Jews/, view the numerous sources one have, there would have been attestations of what you affirms.
    There is none. Like Gallez who invent his "messianists" Ebionites, you invent a "coalition of faith"  (is that right?) whose there is not a piece of attestations,  like you've invented what it arranges you to fit (at all cost) your amateur opinion.
    Penn does not use this very word , "following that YOU use. He uses authoritative. Get a dictionary to see the difference. Penn is a scholar, he chooses prudently (as I do) his words. For him, they do not follow the Torah, simply because if he  would have thought it, he would have write it. He did not.

Yes Penn, though he is a scholar, trained to read the texts and so on, gives his opinion on what he thought (your words here) ; what does he think ? He believes in the Mecca/Medina/Kaba fairy tale.

Me, as I said many times here since months now (yawn), is that some Arabs got into some kind of Abrahamism ; You are right to say I shouldn't have said they follow the Torah because they only got some basic principles of it and not the full Jewish theology but it doesn't make a difference ; this text ,and other sources I mentionned on this forum since months, made me reach the logical ( Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy) conclusion that those Arabs were still there during the time of the Arabs conquests and were involved in them ; but it is only one of the many pieces of the puzzle as it would be to easy to crack otherwise.

As the dialogue is totally fiction as Penn observes, there is no reason to "promote Christianity" eagerly  in 710, Christianity is not menaced as such. It will be menaced much worst later.

Unfortunately, you apparently didn't read Penn book because he totally contradicts you (yawn) but more importantly you didn't get the goal of John's text.

"Even if more likely written in the early eighth century than in the early seventh, the Disputation reflects what its contemporaries considered some of the most pressing theological issues brought about by the rise of Islam. Like most disputation texts, John and the Emir is not so much an attempt at objective historiography as an act of apologetics, polemic, and self-representation. "

Same retro projecting pattern as Sebeos : the author of Sebeos retro projects his account to the real time of Sebeos (640/60) whereas he is writing in the middle of the 8th.
    John author does the same (710/15) in an account retro projected in 640. The common point of both stories : the Jews. Which are denoted  1/ the instigators, etc., of the conquest, 2/ the friends and advisers of the Arabs regarding their faith.

Well that is your opinion for John's text but it is clearly not his as he doesn't care about Jews or Samaritans. He has just had some intel about Arabs whose faith he nicknamed the Hagarene Law derives from the Torah  ; they now rule the land where he lives and they are a growing threat to Christian beliefs so this text is released to provide some apologetic material for Christianity.
    But, and fortunately for us, he discloses without doing it on purpose some intel about the religion of those Arabs (or some of them).

Anyway, eventhough you are no scholar in your behavior when faced with contradiction, I did pick up a 1/2 things from this discussion to amend my assumptions but your opinions didn't bring me nothing more than what you were saying (without proof already) 2 years ago on other forums. I will leave you with the last word.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5817 - March 07, 2019, 07:40 PM

My dear Yeezevee, as Quranic texts about events described in the Torah/Talmud originates from the Jews, the Holy Land is according to the Jews.

Stating that 5:21 gives this land for ever to Jews is something some muslims ( Huh? Huh?) are saying ; quite controversial but I found it funny.

17:1 is another issue ; as Muhammad never set foot in Jerusalem after riding a buraq, whether physically or  thru a dream, and because the Dome of Rock was built in Jerusalem and doesn't relly fit the muslim narrative, a connection between Muhammad and Jerusalem was necessary  ; hence the interpolation of 17:1 , something scholars have picked up since a long time, and the fairy tale of the night journey.

You can read this article from Daniel Beck ; he goes much further than me in analyzing this Smiley

http://www.almuslih.org/Library/Beck,%20D%20-%20Muhammad's%20Night%20Journey.pdf

oh my goodness gracious ..  some of your responses to me have flat out statements  such as ..  

..........you don't seem to be aware of the scholars issue with 17:1. It is a well-known interpolation.

and i asked a question on such statements dear Marc.,

so again   ....what scholars ?  what interpolation?  interpolation  by who??....

and above you said..
    ......... as Muhammad never set foot in Jerusalem after riding a buraq,......

where did you find that in Quran dear Marc??..

and thank you for that  Daniel Beck link   MUḤAMMAD’S NIGHT JOURNEY IN ITS PALESTINIAN CONTEXT – A PERFECT SOLUTION TO A FORGOTTEN PROBLEM (Q 17:1)

i will read it .. i have to read tons of stuff.,   but on that  "Isra and Miraj: The Miraculous Night Journey"   story  you used this word....  muslim narrative

who are those muslims..?? what are their names?? are  they Not scholars  ?

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5818 - March 07, 2019, 08:59 PM

On Dialogue Abraham, people told you many times that you have no scholarship

Lol! What are you talking about? Can you elaborate? I'm really curious of what can say your fertile imagination (I know nothing of this "dialogue" thingy... hahaha!)

would help me shed some lights on some of the issues I am struggling with Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

You do not need any help,  as you pose none question (hahaha) as you have already the responses because you have already built you own  stuff with Raymond Dequin and Popp to which you believe without questioning them.Which are : interpolations; "Muslim writers", Jewish conquest, etc. Ha yes, I forgot : modification of the sources.
    I just warn the other they could be framed.
    Go back to you dialogue thing Marc, you seems to be never questioned there. It is like the restaurant...

Yes Penn, though he is a scholar, trained to read the texts and so on, gives his opinion on what he thought (your words here) ; what does he think ? He believes in the Mecca/Medina/Kaba fairy tale.

In the John case, it has no importance  that Penn believes in the Mecca/Medina/Kaba from the moment where he does his scholarly job about this text : which is to pinpoint the date of the text, that he knows very well to be the crux interpretum = not 640.

Me, as I said many times here since months now (yawn), is that some Arabs got into some kind of Abrahamism ;

Hah... it is no more "Judaism"... one progresses...

You are right to say I shouldn't have said they follow the Torah because they only got some basic principles of it and not the full Jewish theology but it doesn't make a difference ;

It does make many differences. You still do not see it. I think you will one day. But for this you have to work, and being able to change your views Are you able to do that? I do not know.

this text ,and other sources I mentioned on this forum since months, made me reach the logical conclusion that those Arabs were still there during the time of the Arabs conquests

For me, nope.  The Arabs of Anastasius are part of the "conquerors" and are not locals. this postulate leads you to more and more difficulties because none source attests of this.

Unfortunately, you apparently didn't read Penn book because he totally contradicts you (yawn) but more importantly you didn't get the goal of John's text.

What I ask to Penn about the John text is to do his job about the date  therefore showing that it is a fake, and nothing else. He convincingly did it.

"Even if more likely written in the early eighth century than in the early seventh, the Disputation reflects what its contemporaries considered some of the most pressing theological issues brought about by the rise of Islam. Like most disputation texts, John and the Emir is not so much an attempt at objective historiography as an act of apologetics, polemic, and self-representation. "

It is the common opinion . Not mine. I consider that there is another message in the text which lies under; more important  than to "promote Christianity" ; the designation of (what the John author thought) to be  the "responsible",  of the mess, like  the pseudo Sebeos did.

Well that is your opinion for John's text but it is clearly not his as he doesn't care about Jews or Samaritans.

I "follow" opinion of nobody. I record what they say; this one this, this one that, because of this, because of that, etc. And then I see what fit with the sources. But to their differences, all the sources, because all the sources are necessary. From Qumran to Quran. And from the fact that 99% of Early islam scholars have not the training for this, they do not do the job.  The sources always commands, but the sources could be fakes (Sebeos, John, etc) then one have to critique the sources, it a real historian job.

He has just had some intel about Arabs whose faith he nicknamed the Hagarene Law derives from the Torah  ;

With the help of the Jews staged as advisers and friends! Yes that what John wants to show (ter)

they now rule the land where he lives and they are a growing threat to Christian beliefs

Not in 710. Later of course.
    so this text is released to provide some apologetic material for Christianity.

Yes usual starts of the polemics. Not to "promote" anything.

But, and fortunately for us, he discloses without doing it on purpose some intel about the religion of those Arabs (or some of them).

He discloses nothing as John is very aware of the Quranic (and post Quranic topoi) of the muhajirun about the usages and beliefs of Christianity  and accuse them to be in the hands of Jews since the beginning (at least 640... since the account is supposed to have taken place at this time).

Anyway, even though you are no scholar in your behavior when faced with contradiction, I did pick up a 1/2 things from this discussion to amend my assumptions but your opinions didn't bring me nothing more than what you were saying (without proof already) 2 years ago on other forums. I will leave you with the last word.

Yawn...

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #5819 - March 07, 2019, 09:15 PM

Confused as to how Mraizika is part of Gallez's so-called "galaxy".
  • Previous page 1 ... 192 193 194195 196 ... 368 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »