Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Russell Brand.

(Read 26459 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #30 - October 22, 2014, 04:52 PM

At the same time as exposing his own stupidity. It'll be a hoot.

I know you love 'im, Ishina. Apols.

Even if I thought him to be the stupidest person on the planet, I'd think twice about my opinion if I had evidence that Ishina thinks well of him. Partly, that's because I'm a bigger creep than you David. And partly because I know she is never wrong.

Hi
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #31 - October 22, 2014, 04:54 PM

................I'd think twice about my opinion if I had evidence that Ishina thinks well of him............

. Cheesy Cheesy

why??    you don't want to get to the wrong side of Ishina??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #32 - October 22, 2014, 04:55 PM

You forgot to say "Peace be upon her". 
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #33 - October 22, 2014, 05:00 PM

You forgot to say "Peace be upon her".  

No..no .. I think what he did to these AMRIKA foxes  and their channel is good.,  but he can not jump on to other things that he is not familiar with..  

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #34 - October 22, 2014, 05:41 PM

. Cheesy Cheesy

why??    you don't want to get to the wrong side of Ishina??

I said the instant I got here that I ain't arguing with Ishina about anything ever.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #35 - October 22, 2014, 08:38 PM

I see a disagreement with her as a lesson as to where there is a gap in my knowledge or intellect. I take such moments like a man. I apologise, and walk away backwards, bowing as I go, and always looking directly at her whilst I prostrate. I'm careful even then not to look at her eyes: few men have earned the right to do that, of course.

Hi
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #36 - October 22, 2014, 09:12 PM

He also criticizes Western airstrikes against ISIS, which as far as I am concerned, means he supports ISIS and their genocide or Yezidis, Assyrians, Kurds, etc. he has suggested that ISIS is a manufactured enemy to get the public to support another war.

From what I have heard that he has said about ISIS, it doesn't appear that he has suggested that ISIS is a manufactured enemy. He did say, however, that ISIS is a threat to the people of Syria but holds very little threat to the people of UK or America, and that David Cameron is more of a threat to us than ISI.S. His opposition to airstrikes on ISIS is due to the idea that interventionism does not improve things. Many people argued when we were going to war in Iraq that it would make terrorism worse and they have been proven right.

He is a completely self absorbed dimwit. I would put him in the same category as Kanye West: celebrities who know next to nothing about what they are talking about but are so self absorbed that they think their banal whinings are a message of some deep benefit to humanity.

Being anti establishment does not make one a self absorbed dimwit. His views on where the interests of the political class, wealth inequality, and the bullshit of the media are very accurate.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #37 - October 22, 2014, 10:07 PM

he used to be funny.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #38 - October 22, 2014, 10:26 PM

I see a disagreement with her as a lesson as to where there is a gap in my knowledge or intellect. I take such moments like a man. I apologise, and walk away backwards, bowing as I go, and always looking directly at her whilst I prostrate. I'm careful even then not to look at her eyes: few men have earned the right to do that, of course.

For me it's not even about being right or wrong. She could tell me that I'm 20 feet tall and I'll say "Oh okay that actually makes a ton of sense." I didn't sign up here to be humiliated under an effortless wave of clever lines and gifs.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #39 - October 22, 2014, 10:38 PM

It takes time to understand people so one has to bit patient and try to understand what they are saying and why they are saying   dear friends...

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #40 - October 22, 2014, 10:51 PM

He does make some interesting points but can we ask Mr Brand if he thinks 'Sharia Law' in of itself is a force for destruction or that 80 percent of Pakistani people would like to see it in place is a cause of concern Huh?

Yes, I agree with some things he says but Brand often  makes light of some serious and entirely justified objections to religions and the dangers of religious faith. He may be well intentioned but he is making people feel guilty for challenging Islamic ideas.

Hardly the revolutionist he paints himself to be.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #41 - October 22, 2014, 10:54 PM

Being anti establishment does not make one a self absorbed dimwit. His views on where the interests of the political class, wealth inequality, and the bullshit of the media are very accurate.

Maybe but Brand is a negative campaigner. Sure his complaints may be justified but he offers no, or absurd 'solutions'.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #42 - October 22, 2014, 10:59 PM

Phrases like "David Cameron is more of a threat than ISIS" are absurd. His sense of proportion is skewed somewhat. This is what gives him little credibility for me. He makes fair points for time to time and then screws it all up by saying something wacko.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #43 - October 22, 2014, 11:35 PM

For me it's not even about being right or wrong. She could tell me that I'm 20 feet tall and I'll say "Oh okay that actually makes a ton of sense." I didn't sign up here to be humiliated under an effortless wave of clever lines and gifs.

It takes a lot of effort to select the right gif, I'll have you know.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #44 - October 22, 2014, 11:56 PM

Duly noted. That'll make it sting even more if I ever inspire you to spend time finding one.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #45 - October 23, 2014, 12:08 AM

I posted this one before but seeing as it's sort of on topic here it is again. In this one can clearly see Brand being hoodwinked by Mo (I'm not really a moderate muslim) Ansar and buying the party line "I'm really just a moderate muslim". The interview is particularly cringy in parts. Mo "such and such a western philosopher once said, we owe everything we know to muslims".
    Also there's Brand's line "If you don't agree with halal, don't become a racist, become a vegetarian."
    As we all know by now Mo is not just a career muslim he's a complete charlatan.
    Watch and cringe. You have been warned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzUIUSV77k8
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #46 - October 23, 2014, 12:13 AM

Russell Brand was due to speak on a platform with a racist anti-semite conspiracy theorist and undercover Nazi admirer on Thursday, who uses rhetoric about being anti-capitalism to be a hipster revolutionary.  It took the combined efforts of a bunch of anti-fascists to make him realise its not a good idea. Along with his platforming of the absurd fraud and bigot Mo Ansar, Russell seems a little gullible sometimes.

God is Love.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #47 - October 23, 2014, 12:25 AM

Who was that, Billy?
  • Re: Russell Brand.
     Reply #48 - October 23, 2014, 12:39 AM

Also there's Brand's line "If you don't agree with halal, don't become a racist, become a vegetarian."

There are people on this forum who have said similar. I disagree with them, but I don't write them off.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #49 - October 23, 2014, 12:43 AM

Along with his platforming of the absurd fraud and bigot Mo Ansar, Russell seems a little gullible sometimes.

In his defence, he's unlikely to know about the true face of Mo Ansar.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #50 - October 23, 2014, 12:51 AM

Who was that, Billy?

some undercover nazi called Laurence Easeman. Anti-fascists and anarchists let it be known that if he spoke with him they'd convene around his meeting. Only then did he stand down and say he'd investigate his background.

Its so easy for racists and Islamists to depict themselves as anti-capitalist hipsters and Russell is a little naive on that front

God is Love.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #51 - October 23, 2014, 01:54 AM

He also criticizes Western airstrikes against ISIS, which as far as I am concerned, means he supports ISIS and their genocide or Yezidis, Assyrians, Kurds, etc. he has suggested that ISIS is a manufactured enemy to get the public to support another war.

I do not support our selective airstrikes. One of my reasons is if we solely focus on IS we can be seen as aiding Assad. We keep the gloves on for his civil war but we go after a faction which in opposition of his rule. If "we" defeat IS could this not net Assad a major victory as one of the largest opposition groups is now removed? It is these type of hand picked conflicts which caused a mess of the ME to begin with. We are also supporting the questionable actions of the Iraqi government thus legitimizing these acts in the international stage. This further pushes "us" from the "good guy" spectrum to "opportunists" in the eyes of many. From my point of view we can never win by being this selective while ignoring other factions or the acts of our supposed allies.

I think Brand is very naive at times. The only reason he is even discussing this is due to his fame, nothing more. I loath celebrates opinions as often people take these opinions as far too credible due to fame not the arguments. None of Brand's points are original nor anything the average person can not figure out for themselves. He is a platform nothing more. A platform undermined by his lack of seriousness which is often covered by his comedy.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #52 - October 23, 2014, 06:58 AM

Hate to break it to you, but we are not the good guys.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #53 - October 23, 2014, 02:34 PM

I do not support our selective airstrikes. One of my reasons is if we solely focus on IS we can be seen as aiding Assad. We keep the gloves on for his civil war but we go after a faction which in opposition of his rule. If "we" defeat IS could this not net Assad a major victory as one of the largest opposition groups is now removed? It is these type of hand picked conflicts which caused a mess of the ME to begin with. We are also supporting the questionable actions of the Iraqi government thus legitimizing these acts in the international stage. This further pushes "us" from the "good guy" spectrum to "opportunists" in the eyes of many. From my point of view we can never win by being this selective while ignoring other factions or the acts of our supposed allies.

1) I no longer care how we are seen by anyone in the region. We are always going to be seen as the bad guys no matter what we do.

2) The airstrikes have not been in support of Assad. As far as I know, no airstrikes have targeted ISIL units that were engaging Assad's forces, they have been focused on preventing and/or slowing the advance of ISIL against the Kurds, Yezidis, and Iraqis. Which is a very noble cause in my opinion. A lot of ISIL slimeballs have been killed and a lot of minority groups have been saved from genocide already.

3) I cannot imagine that any of the Kurds, Yezidis, Assyrians, or Shia, anywhere near the frontline with ISIL would be against our airstrikes. And they are the only people that count in this. Not some random cynical Muslim complaining about Western intervention from his computer in his comfy house.

4) What are the questionable acts of the Iraqi government?

5) I do not trust either Assad or any of the rebel groups either. IMO the Kurds are the only progressive force in Syria, they are the only group we should be defending. So far that is more or less what Obama is doing, but his plan to train and fund rebel Islamist groups, that is the part of the plan that gets a bit iffy IMO...

The awful results of the Arab Spring suggest to me that the region is not yet ready for a transition to democracy.  Perhaps the best Syria can hope for is a leader that can restore order and protect minority groups from being wiped out. I know Assad is a bad guy, but he seems like the best candidate for achieving those two limited goals.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #54 - October 23, 2014, 08:26 PM

Russell Brand was due to speak on a platform with a racist anti-semite conspiracy theorist and undercover Nazi admirer on Thursday, who uses rhetoric about being anti-capitalism to be a hipster revolutionary.  It took the combined efforts of a bunch of anti-fascists to make him realise its not a good idea. Along with his platforming of the absurd fraud and bigot Mo Ansar, Russell seems a little gullible sometimes.

Why don't people reach out to ex-Muslims? Is it our fault for being apathetic or their fault for not being proactive and seeking us out?

We have a lot to say on this issue.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #55 - October 23, 2014, 08:28 PM

You make a lot of sense Tony. And I was about to say only that. But then I read your last sentence. Assad is a cunt of the highest order of magnitude. If he is the answer, then the question must be rephrased.

Hi
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #56 - October 23, 2014, 08:40 PM

You make a lot of sense Tony. And I was about to say only that. But then I read your last sentence. Assad is a cunt of the highest order of magnitude. If he is the answer, then the question must be rephrased.

You are right Musivore. No doubt he is a cunt. But what do you replace him with? How can you trust any of these "moderate" rebels? If they are saying they want an Islamic State and Shariah even when they are courting America, then what are they going to do when they don't need America anymore?

Why don't people reach out to ex-Muslims? Is it our fault for being apathetic or their fault for not being proactive and seeking us out?

Maybe some ex-Muslims need to contact people like Bill Maher and try and get on his show. Some of the people on this forum could really contribute a lot to a debate on that show.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #57 - October 23, 2014, 08:41 PM

CEMB is a wealth of wasted wisdom.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #58 - October 23, 2014, 08:46 PM

It is only wasted if noone is reading it. Right now there are 66 guests on the forum.....
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #59 - October 23, 2014, 08:47 PM

@CEMB CHANNEL
    Why did you stop making youtube videos?

IMO youtube is the best tool we have  in hand in order to make ourselves be heard.

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »