Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New member (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?

(Read 18249 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New member (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?
     OP - October 09, 2014, 12:53 PM

Hi Guys My Name is Ahmed i showed up on J&T show many times I'm a Muslim revert from Atheism (Ex-Atheist) this is the first time i join an ex-muslim forms i hope i meet new nice people
    I'm well educated on topics of Islam (i left the religion before) i exist on skype by the name of AhmedZaid9119 feel free to add me just tell me you saw this post and decided to add me i don't accept strangers right away so tell me how you found me
    i want to tell you about me
    I'm a college student studying Computer Technology engineering this is my Final year after that I'll be an engineer ones i graduate wish me luck
    my second hobby after computers is of course studying my religion and find out new stuff i engage with atheists on YouTube under the name of Ahmed Zaid youtube channel (i don't make videos BTW)
    I'm fully ready to leave my faith i left it before i can do it again if i were presented with facts and with logic
    i challenge my faith several times and put it on test to see the result i don't stick to it even if i saw all evidence against it
    i accept evolution although i'm skeptic to it as we know evolution change from time to time you can call me evolutionist but i think it's stupid to label people according to the theory they believe in so? does this means that the people who believe in gravity should be called gravitationist?
    i love have civilized conversation and exchange ideas i'm very open on discussion as i showed several times (lately) on jinn and tonic show and Klingschor himself know me
    i speak Arabic i was born in Iraq so that will give me advantage in understanding my religion (no offence) parrot
    i treat people just like how they treat me
    i have no respect for the likes of Christopher hitches because he support the iraqi war
    i respect other beliefs and i don't hate atheists just some thin headed people like bill maher and thundefoot who generalize
    generalization to me is the worse logical fallacy ones someone commit it i lose all my respect for him/her it happened to thunderfoot and bill maher
    there is so many other things that i would love to let you know about me I'm just new on board and I'm a Muslim
    so thank you guys for your time looking forward for the responses
     thnkyu
  • New memeber (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?
     Reply #1 - October 09, 2014, 01:26 PM

Welcome in, hope you enjoy the debates here and the interesting information as long as it stays civil.

parrot
     Reply #2 - October 09, 2014, 01:32 PM

Hey Ahmed, you finally joined. Welcome. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - October 09, 2014, 01:33 PM

Welcome Ahmed Smiley

I actually identify as an Agnostic/Freethinking Muslim myself. I believe the Qur'an is the fallible word of Muhammad. But am happy to take whatever wisdom Islam has and reject the rest. Islam was such a big part of my life for so long it is hard to just walk away from it - particularly as most of my family and loved one's are Muslim. So I have carved out a Muslim identity that allows me to pick and choose.
     Reply #4 - October 09, 2014, 02:12 PM

Thanks guys much appreciated
     Reply #5 - October 09, 2014, 02:15 PM

No problem! Hope it to be constructive!
     Reply #6 - October 09, 2014, 02:50 PM

Hello Ahmed, just some questions for you if you don't mind answering Smiley

a ) On a percentage scale how convinced are you that in the 19th Century Joseph Smith saw an paranormal supernatural angel which guided him to a buried book of golden plates written in reformed Egyptian?

a ) On a percentage scale how convinced are you that a 7th century businessman saw a shiny white palpable paranormal supernatural angelic object in a cave which told him to read ?

c) how can we know and ascertain if any of these 2 objective claims to reality are true/untrue ? ..........Especially as no objective evidence has ever been found of any paranormal/supernatural phenomenon existing in reality as we know it yet..

(I'm asking bout OBJECTIVELY KNOWING, im not asking how you as an individual can SUBJECTIVELY BELIEVE it, so please no sentimental super-confident grandiose hyperbole, This question is not about the warm fuzzy feelings of faith   Afro

reply in format please
    a)
    b)
    c)
     Reply #7 - October 09, 2014, 03:53 PM

Welcome! I don't think that we have very many Muslims nowadays, so I hope you stick around.
     Reply #8 - October 09, 2014, 03:58 PM

^Because as soon as we criticize their views, they react as though we are insulting them.
     Reply #9 - October 09, 2014, 04:04 PM

^Because as soon as we criticize their views, they react as though we are insulting them.

NOT really i don't take the idea of criticizing my religion as an insult to me i would rather talk in a very civilized way
     Reply #10 - October 09, 2014, 04:05 PM

Great! Jump in, then. Everyone's really nice.  yes
     Reply #11 - October 09, 2014, 04:08 PM

Welcome to the forum Ahmed Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #12 - October 09, 2014, 04:15 PM

NOT really i don't take the idea of criticizing my religion as an insult to me i would rather talk in a very civilized way

I wasn't talking about you.
     Reply #13 - October 09, 2014, 04:24 PM

Hello Ahmed, just some questions for you if you don't mind answering Smiley

a ) On a percentage scale how convinced are you that in the 19th Century Joseph Smith saw an paranormal supernatural angel which guided him to a buried book of golden plates written in reformed Egyptian?

a ) On a percentage scale how convinced are you that a 7th century businessman saw a shiny white palpable paranormal supernatural angelic object in a cave which told him to read ?

c) how can we know and ascertain if any of these 2 objective claims to reality are true/untrue ? ..........Especially as no objective evidence has ever been found of any paranormal/supernatural phenomenon existing in reality as we know it yet..

(I'm asking bout OBJECTIVELY KNOWING, im not asking how you as an individual can SUBJECTIVELY BELIEVE it, so please no sentimental super-confident grandiose hyperbole, This question is not about the warm fuzzy feelings of faith   Afro

reply in format please
    a)
    b)
    c)

Sure al answer it

a) one of the bases of my life is that i can't make judgment on a specific religion or an ideology intel i learn it or study it i know Mormonism is based on Christianity so sorry i can't make a comment on that but i will give a percentage that might change if i learn about Mormonism that is 0%

b) will as a Muslim I'm curtain that he did saw an angel even Quod agreed with me Quod on the other hand think Muhammad didn't lie when he said he saw an angel because he might have been delusional and saw a delusion and thought it's real i myself don't accept Quod interpretation i think we all from time to time see things we can't explain while we are not delusional so i'm gonna give a scale 100%
    c)will as i invest aged and saw by myself and actually i have a personal friend who did experience paranormal activate and he had his friends to back up his claim because they saw it with him and he was not delusional because if you were delusional you will never be able to see reality from delusion on the other hand my friend and Muhammad did extinguished reality from delusion so they were not delusional at all
    i think the evidence of paranormal lies in your own personal experience we had so many stories of paranormal activities in the world from UFO to ghost sightings and many many more that i don't have much time to put it on a single text however i will actually give you one evidence just one and you are free to disagree (Big bang)
    let's give some possible explanations to it:
    1-god created it (parnormal)
    2-came from nothing (will be explained)
    3-created itself (same as came from nothing)

of course it's completely anti-scientific to think it created itself or came from nothing because nothing come from nothing
    Steven Hawkins idea that the gravity is enough to create the universe out of nothing is not a good idea (with all respect to him) because what is gravity??? it's a law it's not nothing so a law to exist before the universe itself existed in nonsensecal how can a law exist before even matter exist?Huh???
    now as for explaining it let see what something come from nothing is is it normal? or paranormal??

i'll argue it's paranormal because what is paranormal it defines the idea of science anything that defines science is paranormal so saying something came from nothing is paranormal think about it matter was made out of nothing that is unnatural if it was we will already experienced it and saw it by ourselves but tell to day no one even was successful in showing something can come from nothing not even Lawrence krauss the energy that motivated the singularity to explode can't be created as energy can't be made or destroyed so where was the energy before the big-bang how did energy came at the time of the expulsion then something supernatural must have created it

i can go on putting this in text was like hell it was so hard i hate text we can discuss this better on skype add me (AhmedZaid9119)

i hope this was enough i could fill text with alot of stuff but really texting piss me off
     Reply #14 - October 09, 2014, 04:26 PM

I wasn't talking about you.

oh ok
     Reply #15 - October 09, 2014, 04:27 PM

Welcome to our humble forums. Let me point out there is no such thing as an 'ex-atheist'. If you discovered religion then you weren't truly an atheist all along...

parrot
     Reply #16 - October 09, 2014, 04:41 PM

(Welcome to our humble forums. Let me point out there is no such thing as an 'ex-atheist'. If you discovered religion then you weren't truly an atheist all along...)

i wan't planing to make this post a discussion post i was trying to introduce myself anyway

you claim is there is no such thing as Ex-atheist sorry like i said I left Islam and became an atheist i then investigated the claims the claims later turned irrational and then decided to convert back when you leave an ideology or a religion hell even when someone leave you they will become your (Ex) for example Ex-wife means your former wife now Ex-muslim means your former religion Ex-atheist means your former ideology and worldview

on top of all that atheists claim we are all born atheists then on this case every person on earth is an ex-atheist (except atheists themselves of course)
     Reply #17 - October 09, 2014, 04:52 PM

(Welcome to our humble forums. Let me point out there is no such thing as an 'ex-atheist'. If you discovered religion then you weren't truly an atheist all along...)

i wan't planing to make this post a discussion post i was trying to introduce myself anyway

you claim is there is no such thing as Ex-atheist sorry like i said I left Islam and became an atheist i then investigated the claims the claims later turned irrational and then decided to convert back when you leave an ideology or a religion hell even when someone leave you they will become your (Ex) for example Ex-wife means your former wife now Ex-muslim means your former religion Ex-atheist means your former ideology and worldview

on top of all that atheists claim we are all born atheists then on this case every person on earth is an ex-atheist (except atheists themselves of course)

I think Kodanshi here ...

Welcome to our humble forums. Let me point out there is no such thing as an 'ex-atheist'. If you discovered religion then you weren't truly an atheist all along...

parrot

Was joking around a bit. So often ex-Muslims including those on this forum get accused of never having been Muslim in the first place, so get told 'nooooo you cannot be an ex-Muslim, you were not one to begin with'. This basically saying that apostates cannot exist cause every true Muslim stays Muslim.

Reply #18 - October 09, 2014, 05:03 PM

I think Kodanshi here ...

Was joking around a bit. So often ex-Muslims including those on this forum get accused of never having been Muslim in the first place, so get told 'nooooo you cannot be an ex-Muslim, you were not one to begin with'. This basically saying that apostates cannot exist cause every true Muslim stays Muslim.

(Was joking around a bit. So often ex-Muslims including those on this forum get accused of never having been Muslim in the first place, so get told 'nooooo you cannot be an ex-Muslim, you were not one to begin with'. This basically saying that apostates cannot exist cause every true Muslim stays Muslim. )

BTW you seamed to have disabled your quote button so no one can quote you can you reactivate it?

will if he was joking then this is understandable i agree with you those who say there is no ex-Muslims are Irrational there is definitely ex-Muslims no doubt i hope you and him hear this from me but i will be also sympathized with the Muslims who made this claim it seams he saw ex-Muslims convert to Christianity testimony on YouTube and saw that they claim to be hafiz and know alot about religion yet in there testimony they made alot of mistakes about Islamic history and invented some things like the jurist of the Islamic (which makes no sense at all) and from that he concluded that they are fake ex-Muslims i agree with him just as much as there are REAL ex-Muslims there are also Fake ex-muslims
     Reply #19 - October 09, 2014, 05:06 PM

(Was joking around a bit. So often ex-Muslims including those on this forum get accused of never having been Muslim in the first place, so get told 'nooooo you cannot be an ex-Muslim, you were not one to begin with'. This basically saying that apostates cannot exist cause every true Muslim stays Muslim. )

BTW you seamed to have disabled your quote button so no one can quote you can you reactivate it?

will if he was joking then this is understandable i agree with you those who say there is no ex-Muslims are Irrational there is definitely ex-Muslims no doubt i hope you and him hear this from me but i will be also sympathized with the Muslims who made this claim it seams he saw ex-Muslims convert to Christianity testimony on YouTube and saw that they claim to be hafiz and know alot about religion yet in there testimony they made alot of mistakes about Islamic history and invented some things like the jurist of the Islamic (which makes no sense at all) and from that he concluded that they are fake ex-Muslims i agree with him just as much as there are REAL ex-Muslims there are also Fake ex-muslims

Hi, to stop overquoting they have disabled quoting from the last post on a page with just 1 button.

Go to the bottom the the page, press reply, scroll down and "quote" any post!
     Reply #20 - October 09, 2014, 05:20 PM

Hi, to stop overquoting they have disabled quoting from the last post on a page with just 1 button.

Go to the bottom the the page, press reply, scroll down and "quote" any post!

Ah that's how you do it. Thanks Lily, that's fuckin
    frustrated me for years.

Welcome Ahmed. You seem a genuine Muslim. That is refreshing. We usually only get two or three of our former friends trolling as Muslims on here.

If you get ganged up upon at any stage, give me a shout. I'll sort the rascals out for you Smiley

Hi
     Reply #21 - October 09, 2014, 05:32 PM

Hi Ahmed,

Welcome to the CEMB-forum Smiley parrot

I am interested in eventually hearing about your journey out of Islam and what brought you back in the fold.

Also what - if anything - has changed with your perception of yourself as a Muslim and with your interpretation of Islam from your first experience with the religion and when you decided to take it up again.

I have never been a Muslim myself. I was born and raised atheist and have always been atheist albeit not an overly militant one.

Welcome again Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #22 - October 09, 2014, 06:08 PM

are u the Ahmed who thinks he has dismantled stopspamming
     Reply #23 - October 09, 2014, 06:56 PM

Ah that's how you do it. Thanks Lily, that's fuckin
    frustrated me for years.

Welcome Ahmed. You seem a genuine Muslim. That is refreshing. We usually only get two or three of our former friends trolling as Muslims on here.

If you get ganged up upon at any stage, give me a shout. I'll sort the rascals out for you Smiley

first thanks for the kind words yah even Klingschor trolled as a Muslim to me it was not funny but i see why he did that
     Reply #24 - October 09, 2014, 06:58 PM

Hi Ahmed,

Welcome to the CEMB-forum Smiley parrot

I am interested in eventually hearing about your journey out of Islam and what brought you back in the fold.

Also what - if anything - has changed with your perception of yourself as a Muslim and with your interpretation of Islam from your first experience with the religion and when you decided to take it up again.

I have never been a Muslim myself. I was born and raised atheist and have always been atheist albeit not an overly militant one.

Welcome again Smiley

will yes like i said I'm ready to change my position anytime if i were presented with facts and logic without bigotry i see being born atheist can be different but i can't judge because i don't know you anyway nice to meet you
     Reply #25 - October 09, 2014, 07:04 PM

Welcome Ahmed  Smiley

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #26 - October 09, 2014, 07:07 PM

are u the Ahmed who thinks he has dismantled stopspamming

hmm what?maybe you are referring to  Guy Fawkes he made a refutation to stopspamming video on islam is shrinking in the comment section stopspamming then insulted him and deleted he refutation in comment section he typed it again then stopspamming blocked him all i did is i shared his refutation and asked stopspamming not to delete it stopspamming deleted mine too and blocked me (yah kinda coward isn't it?)
    then i had a skype chat with stopspamming here I'll copy it for you so you can see what he did to me

ok then
    [7/23/2014 4:03:56 PM] Anonymous8 za: HI stop when you are online may I have a discussion with you?
    [7/23/2014 4:20:11 PM] Stop Spamming: hi, sure, if you behave....
    [7/23/2014 5:26:32 PM] Anonymous8 za: don't worry I'll be nice
    [7/23/2014 5:26:46 PM] Anonymous8 za: it's about slavery and rape and some questions
    [7/23/2014 5:37:19 PM] Stop Spamming: ok, shoot
    [7/23/2014 5:37:35 PM] Anonymous8 za: wait I need to bring a muslim with me
    [7/23/2014 5:49:35 PM] Anonymous8 za: ok he might be ready wait
    [7/23/2014 5:54:23 PM] Anonymous8 za: he is not responding
    [7/23/2014 5:58:30 PM] Anonymous8 za: you there?
    [7/23/2014 5:59:35 PM] Stop Spamming: patiently waiting
    [7/23/2014 6:00:16 PM] Anonymous8 za: hmmmmm wanna do it alone with me?
    [7/23/2014 6:01:15 PM] Anonymous8 za: but I won't last long basicly I'm gonna talk to you in a very hut room and it's getting me sweeting lol so yah I won't last long
    [7/23/2014 6:03:39 PM] Anonymous8 za: wanna do it alone with me?
    [7/23/2014 6:05:06 PM] Stop Spamming: you have a question, so why don't you ask?
    [7/23/2014 6:05:39 PM] Anonymous8 za: hmm ok wanna go straight to the question and cancel the subject of slavery and rape?
    [7/23/2014 6:05:56 PM] Anonymous8 za: ok here is the question
    [7/23/2014 6:06:29 PM] Anonymous8 za: you said no matter what you do with slaves no matter how nice you are with them that is not important
    [7/23/2014 6:06:54 PM] Anonymous8 za: you said the problem is islam allowed slavery not how you treat slaves
    [7/23/2014 6:07:08 PM] Anonymous8 za: I actually disagree here
    [7/23/2014 6:07:26 PM] Anonymous8 za: i think the idea islam allowing slavery is good according to islam wanna know why?
    [7/23/2014 6:07:50 PM] Stop Spamming: no, not really.
    [7/23/2014 6:08:11 PM] Anonymous8 za: so? what is your actuall opinion?
    [7/23/2014 6:10:23 PM] Stop Spamming: that is my opinion. you said it.
    [7/23/2014 6:10:54 PM | Edited 7/24/2014 6:26:17 AM] Anonymous8 za: wanna know why i think allowing slavery good according to islam
    [7/23/2014 6:11:01 PM] Anonymous8 za: ok here is my theory
    [7/23/2014 6:11:15 PM] Anonymous8 za: islam allowed slavery because a reason
    [7/23/2014 6:11:23 PM] Anonymous8 za: who are the slaves?
    [7/23/2014 6:11:38 PM] Anonymous8 za: they are poor people with no home and no food and no clothes
    [7/23/2014 6:12:42 PM] Anonymous8 za: if islam didn't allow slavery imagen what will happen to them at the time of Arabia especially with such hut environment
    [7/23/2014 6:12:58 PM] Anonymous8 za: they will die out of hunger and no clothes or a house
    [7/23/2014 6:13:22 PM] Anonymous8 za: when they knock a door to ask for a place to live in they will be rejected
    [7/23/2014 6:13:35 PM] Anonymous8 za: why? beouse islam doesn't allow slavery
    [7/23/2014 6:13:37 PM] Anonymous8 za: BUT
    [7/23/2014 6:13:43 PM] Anonymous8 za: if islam allow slavery
    [7/23/2014 6:14:20 PM] Anonymous8 za: they will get home a place to live and a master to feed them also to give them tasks to get them energized and being usefool
    [7/23/2014 6:14:31 PM] Anonymous8 za: instead of being a heavy burden
    [7/23/2014 6:14:41 PM] Anonymous8 za: now i kow what you will say
    [7/23/2014 6:15:17 PM] Anonymous8 za: why can't just Islam  then allow them to be feed and have a place to live for serton amount of time
    [7/23/2014 6:15:24 PM] Anonymous8 za: in hut condition
    [7/23/2014 6:15:43 PM] Anonymous8 za: will then when it's over are they gonna go back to streets?
    [7/23/2014 6:15:57 PM] Anonymous8 za: and go homeless again?
    [7/23/2014 6:16:20 PM] Anonymous8 za: basically Islam allow slavery to save slaves from dying on streets
    [7/23/2014 6:16:25 PM] Anonymous8 za: so what you think?
    [7/23/2014 6:17:07 PM] Stop Spamming: I think that you are a sick, depraved, disgusting, despicable, disgraceful, unscrupulous and revolting human who should be ashamed of being part of the human race.
    [7/23/2014 6:17:26 PM] Anonymous8 za: WHAT?
    [7/23/2014 6:17:35 PM] Anonymous8 za: WHAT makes you think that
    [7/23/2014 6:17:43 PM] Anonymous8 za: don't be a dick
    [7/23/2014 6:18:34 PM] Anonymous8 za: show me a better why or else you have nothing to say
    [7/23/2014 6:21:29 PM] Anonymous8 za: WHAT a fucken loser you can't respond or refute what i said now i see why no one respect you because you treat everyone as below you

you see he insulted me for no damn reason i demanded to know why he insulted me yet he ignored me i never condoned slavery what i presented was just a theory of what i think why islam allow slavery even though i told him i could be wrong yet he thought i condoned and allowed slavery when i never said that note i never condoned slavery (allowed it)  yet he insulted me for no reason you see how he insulted me for no reason? what i presented was just a hypothesis nothing else it's not an opinion just an idea of why slavery is allowed i never condoned it i condemn it actually but he insulted me
     Reply #27 - October 09, 2014, 07:07 PM

Welcome Ahmed  Smiley

thanks  Smiley
     Reply #28 - October 09, 2014, 07:09 PM

because u were justifying slavery
     Reply #29 - October 09, 2014, 07:16 PM

(because u were justifying slavery)

didn't you pay attention to what i said at the buttom it was JUST A HYPOTHESIS and i also said i never condoned slavery (allowing it) quite the opposite
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »