Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Manga/Anime Thread

(Read 32021 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     OP - September 18, 2014, 07:37 PM

Talk about that stuff here. No spoilers for ongoing series.

Finished first season of Attack on Titan. It's really good.

Would strongly recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for anyone who hasn't seen it. Its an intergalactic military/political drama with battleships and shit and lots of dialogue and characters, with an engaging, intelligent plot.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #1 - September 18, 2014, 08:43 PM

Avatar: The Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra.
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #2 - September 18, 2014, 09:33 PM

Would strongly recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for anyone who hasn't seen it. Its an intergalactic military/political drama with battleships and shit and lots of dialogue and characters, with an engaging, intelligent plot.

I second this. The series can be found on YouTube and Veoh. It is one of the best space operas made to this date in my opinion.

Bleach is interesting but the filler series are lacking a lot. There is maybe 4 series which are based on the manga. It is a good series to watch with the kids.
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #3 - September 18, 2014, 09:34 PM

Naruto
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #4 - September 19, 2014, 02:31 AM

Death Note.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #5 - September 19, 2014, 07:44 AM

Read Death Note up to volume 8, and I love Ryuk. He's the best besides when Yagami/Kira gets all evil.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #6 - September 19, 2014, 08:42 AM

Here are some anime movies most people would know of, but I'll recommend them either way because I think they are good

Princess Mononoke

Nausica of the Valley of the Winds

Tales from Earth Sea

Cowboy Bebop the Movie

Howl's Moving Castle - this one is actually the single anime I would ever ever recommend to watch in English. The japanese are pros with their voice actors, and you will always only gully enjoy the anime in the original. But Christian Bales does it in this one.

Sword of the Stranger - this movie is great. It was one of the first I watched, and I'm glad because it made me continue looking into the genre.

Summer Wars - not to everyone's liking, but I enjoyed it  grin12

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #7 - September 19, 2014, 08:49 AM

I'm reading a lot right now, so I won't recommend every single thing I like and enjoy. But here is a sample:

Breaker, and Breaker/New Waves (Korean) - I love this series, the art is just getting better and better and the story is engaging. The things I don't like with series like for example Dragon Ball is that the "supernatural" stuff makes no sense whatsoever. Even though Breaker and Breaker/New Waves contain what some would deem to be "supernatural" martial arts, it all makes sense within the world the mangaka creates. It's not a complete fantasy world.

Threads of Times - Completed. It has everything, and the art is great. The mangaka debuted with this one, and won numerous prizes for it. I think it was this manga that made me actually go into manga reading because up till then I had the impression that most mangas were like all that Shouju crap you find. Thankfully, that was not the case Tongue

Berserk - no manga/anime thread is complete without someone mentioning Berserk. Really. There are anime movies based on the manga, but personally the manga can't be imitated. It's just that good.

• Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #8 - September 19, 2014, 09:12 AM

I quite enjoyed Hellsing. Not deep at all, but fun if you're into monsters and dismemberment.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #9 - September 19, 2014, 09:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjdT_ZMqflE
    this show is hilarious  Cheesy

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #10 - September 21, 2014, 03:52 PM

I highly recommend Shamo. It's about Ruy, a high school kid who murders his parents, and how life ends up for him (and his sister) because of that. As with all of the manga I read (well, basically all of them), it has a lot of violence and dark shit. But it all serves a purpose  grin12 I love this manga. It wasn't updated for a long time, so I dropped it temporarily just until it got its pace back again. It seems it has, so I'll re-read the whole thing again.

• Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #11 - September 21, 2014, 04:18 PM

Just finished Tokyo Ghoul 2 days ago, was pretty fucking good. Some say it's unfaithful to the manga but I don't really care too much.

I would NOT recommend SAO2 to anyone unless you're watching it with somebody for the laughs, it is incredibly bad.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #12 - September 21, 2014, 09:26 PM

I just recently stared Tokyo Ghoul.

• Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #13 - October 06, 2014, 01:34 AM

Anyone watched  Ergo Proxy? Does it get any better?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWI97Kg8ur8
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #14 - October 06, 2014, 01:46 AM

Never heard of it but I'll be sure to check it out.

• Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #15 - October 06, 2014, 02:12 AM

Oh check out also this. Overall, it's not bad.
    SHIKI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpNS_Uiii4
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #16 - October 06, 2014, 07:57 AM

Bokura ni Matsuwaru by Kyuugou. Cutest.manga. ever. I got all sad and happy, and mushy inside, at the same time. Took me a while to fully grasp what "bitch-slapping bitch" means, but now it still makes me laugh. Guess I'm silly like that Tongue

• Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #17 - October 06, 2014, 08:43 AM

Any movie by Studio Ghibli, I absolutely love them.
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #18 - October 06, 2014, 11:57 AM

I just recently stared Tokyo Ghoul.

Have you finished it yet?

Recently finished Zankyou No Terror and, despite the awkward English, I thought it was incredibly good.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #19 - October 09, 2014, 11:28 AM

Just started Vagabond, reached volume 6, and I have high hopes for this one. The art is beautiful, and it has an interesting story to tell.

• Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #20 - October 09, 2014, 01:39 PM

Started this
    Psycho Pass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEseBvawadw
    Dont disappoint me
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #21 - October 09, 2014, 04:07 PM

I second this. The series can be found on YouTube and Veoh. It is one of the best space operas made to this date in my opinion.

Bleach is interesting but the filler series are lacking a lot. There is maybe 4 series which are based on the manga. It is a good series to watch with the kids.

I gave up with Bleach... Too much shitty fillers. I'm stuck on the filler after Rukia's rescue.  Yup, I'm extremely behind and I don't feel the series would get better from here.

Gintama is a good. It's the Family Guy of anime. And I absolutely love One Piece. I need to start Attack on Titan though...

turnipovich
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #22 - October 09, 2014, 04:18 PM

One Piece has kinda got boring.
    Im on episode 535, watching the Fishmen arc. The art-style here has got really shitty  finmad
    But Im sure the next episodes will be better.
    And I tried watching bleach, first four episodes but it didnt get me. I will re-watch it, because I cant give my opinion about it based on 4 episodes  Tongue
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #23 - October 09, 2014, 04:30 PM

One Piece occasionally got boring fillers. And holy shit, you're that far in One Piece?! It feels like you started it yesterday lol

turnipovich
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #24 - October 09, 2014, 04:34 PM

They need to skip fillers and take a season off...they really ruin the quality.
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #25 - October 09, 2014, 04:36 PM

One Piece occasionally got boring fillers. And holy shit, you're that far in One Piece?! It feels like you started it yesterday lol

Im a loyal fan  Wink
    The arc I liked the most was the Marineford Arc and you know why  Cry
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #26 - October 09, 2014, 04:42 PM

Cry Cry

turnipovich
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #27 - October 09, 2014, 08:11 PM

I need to start Attack on Titan though...

Keep the tissues handy. Its starts hard. sad

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Manga/Anime Thread
     Reply #28 - October 09, 2014, 11:26 PM

Started this
    Psycho Pass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEseBvawadw
    Dont disappoint me

Would definitely recommend it.  grin12
  • Manga/Anime Thread