Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Games promoting atheism

(Read 5870 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Games promoting atheism
     OP - September 12, 2014, 11:48 AM

Just got Arabs without God and this notes Saudi authorities complaining about games promoting atheism.

OK, what are the best games for this?  Which promote critical thinking?

If they don't exist, anyone want to write them?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #1 - September 12, 2014, 12:05 PM

I'm confused as to whether you mean something like video games or some sort of card games or so. If we're talking video games, I'd say the Bioshock trilogy(mainly 2 and infinite) for starters.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #2 - September 12, 2014, 01:49 PM

Computer games! 

Anti dawa?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #3 - September 12, 2014, 02:25 PM

Ah. Well, Bioshock 2's environment is about someone who like fucks up everything to try and groom her daughter to be like the female Jesus Christ, and Bioshock infinite's environment is about a guy who makes a city in the sky and claims he's a prophet that's come to rapture the believers and wants to kill everyone on earth and stuff. Just a brief summary of the plots of the 2 games, you can look up the full plots if you're intrigued. If I remember anything else I will post it..

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #4 - September 12, 2014, 02:39 PM

Actually, a surprising number of games nowadays, particularly in the story lines, have some degree of an anti-religious vibe.

I can't count the number of games I've played where the main antagonist was some religious cult, usually modeled to look a lot like Catholicism, with cathedrals and a great deal of followers and vestments and the like, setting up the end of the world. It's definitely a trope that's used a lot.
     Reply #5 - September 12, 2014, 04:05 PM

I suppose games representing Islam as Catholicism is represented might get a few fatwas - all publicity is good publicity...

A.A. Milne,

Reply #6 - September 12, 2014, 06:41 PM

Hmm.. I don't play computer games. This'll get people going - I have far more constructive things to do with my time  Tongue  ..but surely Minecraft is anti-god/anti-religion? Seems to me like every player is basically playing god with everyone and everything they come into contact with. Is there any point to that game?
     Reply #7 - September 12, 2014, 06:53 PM

finmad
     Reply #8 - September 12, 2014, 11:25 PM

Fallout 3, off the top of my head. Lampoons religion via "Children of the Atom".

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #9 - September 12, 2014, 11:29 PM

Oh, right! I somehow completely forgot about the guy preaching next to the bomb all day. Grin

Or, the other game I played around the same time: Dead Space. The entire plot of that game is religion gone bad from what I gathered from the cutscenes as I impatiently clicked through them.
     Reply #10 - September 13, 2014, 12:14 AM

finmad

This little guy's great Grin  He makes me laugh and/or smile  every time I see him! Not the effect it's meant to have, I know...
     Reply #11 - September 13, 2014, 12:24 AM

I actually really like him, too. He's probably my favorite guy on here.  Maybe also this. nyanya
     Reply #12 - September 13, 2014, 07:49 AM

The advertising of The Sims used to say "Do you want to play God?" Always did find it amusing creating digital versions of public figures and having them fall into gay relationships. Then again, I have a small mind and am amused by small things.

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »