Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sometimes life is too much effort

(Read 3271 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sometimes life is too much effort
     OP - September 06, 2014, 02:14 PM

Pretty much sums up how I feel today. I'm not feeling particularly down, just exhausted and fed up with the daily grind of life. After not working for a few weeks, 2 and a half days of being back on the job, after weeks of mental turmoil, has left me drained. Today's not doing to be that productive. How the heck can it be past 3pm already. *sigh* just realised 3 library books are overdue and can't renew them now. That means going out or calling the library or another day's fines. Only 5p a book but still can't really afford it.
     Reply #1 - September 06, 2014, 02:20 PM

Life can pretty much be simply defined as "struggle", as far as I'm aware. Got to keep the little things in mind to keep you going.

What kind of books were these that you got from the library? You a pleasure reader I take it?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - September 06, 2014, 02:22 PM

Lol they're books on coping with depression and cognitive behavioral therapy. They've been very helpful so it's a small price to pay.
     Reply #3 - September 06, 2014, 02:26 PM

I see, at the very least you are resourceful, and seeking out resources to improve your condition. I think its worth it. Maybe a couple of years ago I might not have said the same.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - September 06, 2014, 02:32 PM

As you said, life is a struggle. But if it was all roses and good times, life would be very boring.

asbie, how long have you been ex Muslim for? Were you born Muslim? I take it from your reply, there was a time that was extremely difficult for you, but you've moved (or are moving) on from it. That's good!
     Reply #5 - September 06, 2014, 02:45 PM

I was "born" a Muslim. Its been probably been almost a decade since I stopped actually believing in Islam. Never really came to terms with that idea in the early stages. This place has been instrumental for me in dealing with that identity crisis and related depression.

I don't know if there's a "purpose" or anything along those lines, but discovering something meaningful and worthwhile in life, and actually making an effort to pursue that, is kind of what helps keep my life going at this point. Don't know if that's helpful at all, but yeah.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #6 - September 06, 2014, 02:51 PM

The lack of purpose is a tough one, when you realise you don't believe any more. Rather, when you realise the truth. But as others have said here, that actually makes life even more valuable. This forum is indeed a great place full of wonderful and supportive people 

thnkyu CEMB grin12
     Reply #7 - September 06, 2014, 02:55 PM

This forum is indeed a great place full of wonderful and supportive people 

Yup, x1000  yes

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #8 - September 11, 2014, 09:07 PM

Were you born Muslim?

Unless he came out the womb declaring that their is no god but allah and Mo is his messenger and understood at least the basics of islam, no he was not born muslim.

I think it's a valid point. As an adult who has looked into religious teachings, looked into the arguments for and against, familiarised myself with centuries of teachings and traditions and interpretations, weighted things up, I can honestly say I'm an atheist. No child comes out the womb with an encyclopedic knowledge of a particular faith or philosophy and thinks "Yeah. That makes sense. I'll go with that."

I mean, seriously? A new born child has been born with the belief that a particular religion is true or not true?

Pretty much why I can't take it to seriously when someone says "This small child here is Sunni Muslim, this one here is Roman Catholic".
    "Ahh, interesting. What does your two year old think of the U.N.'s response to North Korean aggression? Love to hear what they think the political fallout will be. Oh I see you have a six month old baby. Has she decided to vote liberal or conservative? They both have rather compelling arguments depending on which way you want the country to go."

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »