Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Danish mosque declares support for Isis

(Read 2450 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Danish mosque declares support for Isis
     OP - September 02, 2014, 07:23 PM

Mashallah!

Links in the article at thelocal.dk.

An Aarhus mosque that has long been accused of radicalising young members has now come out in support of the militant jihadist organisation Islamic State.

A spokesman for the Aarhus mosque Grimhøjmoskeen has openly declared the mosque’s support of the terrorist organisation Islamic State, or Isis.

An Islamic state will always be what Muslims long for, therefore we cannot help but to support the Islamic State. Even if it makes mistakes, we will just have to wait and see,” mosque spokesman Fadi Abdallah told the online news source Den Korte Avis.

“The conditions aren’t the same down there [in Syria and Iraq, ed.] as they are here. I can fully understand why people are getting killed,” he continued.

Grimhøjmoskeen has long been accused of promoting an extremist interpretation of Islam. In July, a video emerged of Abu Bilal Ismail, an imam at the mosque, calling on God to “destroy the Zionist Jews” [Nikolaj: Note that speech was in Berlin not Aarhus, and in his defense he did not say "Jews" but wished that God would cast death on the "Zionist Jews"]. He has since been officially reported to the police.

East Jutland Police also estimate that of the at least 100 men who have left Denmark to fight in Syria, at least 22 of them come from Grimhøjmoskeen.

“We can definitely say that when you go to that mosque, there is an increased risk of heading off for Syria,” police spokesman Allan Aarslev told TV2 Østylland earlier this year.

A recent report from The Economist calculated that when measured by total population, Denmark has sent the second-highest number of foreign fighters to Syria. Only Belgium has a higher number of foreign fighters per million residents. According to CNN's calculations, the number of Danes who have left to fight in Syria account for just 0.044 percent of the 226,000 Muslims living in Denmark.

One Danish-Turkish resident who has fought in Syria warned last week that Denmark was "high up on [Isis's] list" of foreign targets.

“It is an open war now. Isis has said that all infidels should be battled. They should be eliminated and soon it will be Denmark’s turn,” the jihadist, identified only as ÖA, told Politiken.

Isis militants recently released a video showing the brutal killing of American journalist James Foley and according to a still-unconfirmed media report, the same group of Isis jihadists is currently holding a Danish hostage. Another Dane, Daniel Rye Ottosen, was held by the group for 13 months in Syria before being released in June.

Denmark last week approved a military mission to aid Iraqi and Kurdish forces battling Isis in northern Iraq.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1 - September 02, 2014, 07:45 PM

Denmark must introspect about what it has done wrong and apologise *

*sarcasm

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - September 02, 2014, 08:02 PM

Danish police have engaged with the mosque and other entities (schools, municipality councils, youth clubs) to prevent young kids from going to Syria and Iraq. it seems like it has had some success since apparently only 1 has gone from that area this year to date.

Unfortunately it also gives the mosque some legitimacy. Another mosque in Copenhagen is known for its similar views but is not exposed in the same way in the Danish media.

Of course there is always YouTube. Alhamdulillah.

For many it seems like estrangement - real or perceived, which both are easy to use for manipulation - from Danish society plays a big part. Just blame it all on the kuffar and go to war. 72 virgins await. They have Nutella too.

In WW2 a lot of young Danish men also joined the Waffen-SS. I guess it must be a tradition.

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #3 - September 02, 2014, 08:07 PM

Denmark must introspect about what it has done wrong and apologise *

*sarcasm

I see a lot of anti-anything-remotely-Muslim bigotry both in the media and especially on social media. Not going to apologise for it as I'm not the one spreading it but it is really disgusting. Calls for liquidations and mass murders of people who aren't like "us". And Danish People's Party perhaps getting more than 25% of the vote next time.

Reply #4 - September 02, 2014, 08:24 PM

How popular is this mosque. Is it one that gets shunned by mainstream Muslims?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
     Reply #5 - September 02, 2014, 09:06 PM

They have Nutella too.

Please quote the sura or hadith!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #6 - September 02, 2014, 09:10 PM

I see a lot of anti-anything-remotely-Muslim bigotry both in the media and especially on social media. Not going to apologise for it as I'm not the one spreading it but it is really disgusting. Calls for liquidations and mass murders of people who aren't like "us". And Danish People's Party perhaps getting more than 25% of the vote next time.

Who is doing that?
     Reply #7 - September 02, 2014, 09:14 PM

And this is one of the reasons why the Islamists have to be opposed and defeated. Their fascism feeds nationalist fascism.

If the Left could understand that in fighting Islamist fascism it is fighting Danish / Nationalist fascism, it might wake them up

God is Love.

Reply #8 - September 02, 2014, 09:31 PM

How popular is this mosque. Is it one that gets shunned by mainstream Muslims?

Mainstream Muslims in Denmark don't go to mosques Tongue We have somewhere around 250.000 "Muslims" here but the actual practicing ones are a fraction of that. I have no idea how many. Some say it is about half of them. Another guy who is actually a chairman for a mosque says it is more like only 10%.

I know that Muslim families in the area are shunning it now because of its extremism. However youths associated with the mosque have been very good at recruiting other youths without the parents' knowledge. Hopefully that has changed now that there is more focus on the mosque in the local communities and by the authorities.

The Facebook-page "Yes to the mosque in Grimhøjvej" (sic) has 2216 likes.

It is not unheard of 2nd or even 3rd generation immigrants being way more religious than their parents and grand parents. Ahmed Akkari - the Danish ex-imam who played a key role in stirring up international outrage on the Muhammad drawings - has told that his Palestinian father was terrified when he found out he was becoming more religious in his teens.

So unfortunately that mosque will have its followers and many more silent sympathisers around the country. For many probably as a part of counter-culture.

Note that an imam in the mosque hasn't been caught calling for Jihad in Iraq or Syria and several people who have gone there for years say they haven't heard anything like that. However it seems like things happen when people start to frequent the mosque, likely outside of prayer time...

All this or course wouldn't happen if it wasn't because of the scriptures of Islam :bang head:

Who is doing that?

I have seen it here and there but one particular group called "NEJ - til kriminelle indvandrere" ("NO - to criminal immigrants") really attracted the worst of the worst. It has just - finally! - been closed down by Facebook.

And this is one of the reasons why the Islamists have to be opposed and defeated. Their fascism feeds nationalist fascism.

If the Left could understand that in fighting Islamist fascism it is fighting Danish / Nationalist fascism, it might wake them up

The nationalist fascists don't care about what "the Left" (I wonder if we actually have any - hum - left) say. They will continue their crusade against anything remotely Muslim. I fear the only way to beat them at that game is to be even worse. So it is better to change the game. However if a politician even engages in dialogue with people from our minorities that also feed the right-wingers' hate propaganda.

Reply #9 - September 02, 2014, 09:36 PM

the Right should be opposed for what it stands for - collective punishment of minorities. the Left should oppose the religious far-right simultaneously. They mirror each other.

God is Love.

Reply #10 - September 04, 2014, 08:23 AM

So the missing condemnation of the Islamic State from the Grimhøj mosque has stirred up a lot of introspection by Danish Muslims.

Here is what Tarek Ziad Hussein, a Danish practicing Muslim of Palestinian descent and a well-known young (21 years) debater on Danish society, writes:

Translated with "help" from Google translate.

SAUDI ARABIA, Wahhabism & ISIS
    I am so tired of these three "phenomena". So tired that I want to start a mini-series starting today, where every day I write some of the thoughts that I've had about the terrorist group Islamic State, their ideology in the form of Wahabism and its chief advocate; Saudi Arabia. Let's get started!

There is no better place to start than in my own backyard; Denmark. All the while the brutal terrorist group Islamic State has continued its killings, executions and torture in Iraq and Syria the Danish imams / scholars / preachers been exceptionally quiet. As in really really quiet! By principle I don't think that as a Muslim you have to distance yourself every time you get accused by the idiots who think that 1.3 billion Muslims must be taken hostage every time some clown take our religion, God and the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) as a hostage. But first and foremost, this is an extraordinary situation and the extent of this terrorist group and its propaganda has been so massive that one is forced to react. Especially when it simultaneously appeals to some young people in our own community.

In addition, we have as Danish Muslims a civic duty in combating radicalization wherever we see it. Denmark is my country and it is time that Muslim imams in Denmark realise that it is theirs too! And with that comes a responsibility. When you love and care about your country you want the best for it and if you can therefore see that it actually may be exposed to attacks by confused souls you have a responsibility to fight it. A responsibility that is not specifically aimed at your religion. However, a responsibility that is based on a duty to always work towards a safe and secure society.

Therefore, it is distressing to witness that all the while young Muslims in Norway take to the streets and demonstrate against "Islamic State" and all the while prominent scholars in England issuing fatwas that clearly condemn the terrorist group and that its members are heretics and hypocrites, so pages we here at home back with dim-witted and sometimes incompetent imams and Muslim organizations - their life is wrong - would not be able to come together to organise or take a stand on anything. It really should not be that difficult and when it finally happens, it is through example. A press release from the Islamic Society [Islamisk Trossamfund - a "major" Danish Muslim Association], which is possibly the most intricate type I have ever read. It should be able to do better. It is about time that we as young Muslims say free us from the old organisations that are not representative of our generation and who doesn't know what is happening in the surrounding communities. It is time that we take a stand and clearly state where we stand!

(Read about tomorrow when the second part of the series deals with Saudi Arabia and their connection to IS)

He added this disclaimer:

Disclaimer; No I do not vouch for Bashar Al-Asaad, I'm not a Zionist and I am not in the pocket of the United States or the CIA. I am against Basher Al-Asaads killings and massacres of his own people, Israel's occupation and apartheid of the Palestinians and the United States foreign policy for 50 years while AT THE SAME TIME I am against IS and everything they stand for. Yes it is all possible at the same time!

Refreshing to see sane Muslim voices without "it is all a Zionist conspiracy!!!"

Reply #11 - September 04, 2014, 08:42 AM

What Nikolaj said about religiosity among 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant youth; I don't know what the situation is in UK or other countries, but in Scandinavia a lot of parents actually do not want their children to be more religious at all. Even those who are still very conservative and live by "honour culture", want their kids to just conform to the culture and leave religion out of it. When the kids got more religious and into salafism, they revolted against their parents' culture and lifestyle. It was kind of a teen rebellion but instead of drinking, dating and getting into fights, the kids wanted to wear the niqab/have beard and short pants, going to the masjid and stay up for tahajjud.

The only people I've come across who like their children to be religious, but not wahabi/salafi rather more "mainstream sunni", are Somali parents and some few Arab families where the parents were already very religious and devout. Almost 90 % of all my Muslim friends and acquaintances (both male and female) had major issues with their parents when they dived into salafism/jihadi ideology (since unfortunately, that's the group I got myself into instead of the cute softcore sufi/sunnism/brotherhood).

The thing with young men who get themselves into salafism, and even more so with the jihadi ideology within salafism, is that most of them would've been good for nothing thugs. I've even had a lot of staunch salafis and jihadi salafis admit this, that Islam "saved" them. They don't see that they exchanged one violent sociopath/psychopath path for another. I know a brother who ended up being a major recruit for jihadis, he was convicted in Bosnia for terrorism some years ago. When he came back, he seemed disillusioned and went back to his thuggish lifestyle for a short time. He was arrested for possession of drugs and weapons, but then not even 6 months later or something like that I see pictures of him fighting for ISIS in Syria. Most of the bad boy salafis and jihadis have a background like this.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »