Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi I'm a new member,,

(Read 6566 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     OP - August 10, 2014, 06:42 PM

Hi there,
    I'm glad i found this forum! I'm not an ex-muslim 'yet' loool, but i'm differently on the right track for it. I'm questioning everything about Islam, I'm almost convinced that quran can't be from God, just too much contradictions. I want to stop my mind from thinking but I can't, it's like the domino effect, one dice is falling after another. It's all Dawkins mistake in the God delusion. I read it 5 years ago and skepticism started to creep in Smiley. I tried to stop it as I'm married with kids and my husband is a lovely muslim man, I knew if I left religion it will break his heart and he might think to either end our marriage or feel guilty for the rest of his life that he's married to an apostate loool and he might burn in hill forever after he dies. I'm really laughing at this now but I know it's not funny it's just my own personality; I never take things too seriously for some reason. Anyway, then came Dawkins again in his documentary about muslim schools were he challenged the muslim students about the quran scientific miracles. Now that was an eye opener, I searched around that a lot and concluded that there were no such thing as quran science at all. Actually I can say with sorrow quran is full of scientific errors! So I was addicted to reading other people perspective about Islam and it made so much sense that it's a man made religion. I really did not want to come to this conclusion, really but my mind for some reason doesn't want to stop thinking. So, I silenced my mind for a couple of years and started living my normal routine family/work life. I was also busy to progress my career and was interviewing for jobs then this penny dropping moment came last month at a job interview when the interviewer asked this final question  ''how can we help you reach your full potential?'' and I just realized that he was the only person in my whole life that asked that question, it quickly reflected 'for me' at my religion, it was in the way all my life preventing me as a women from reaching my 'full potential' I just thought how difficult is it for women under Islam to progress their higher education and careers,, I mean i've done it to some extent for now but it took a lot of convincing and negotiation with my husband that continuing higher education won't affect my 'main role' as a wife and mom, then another long negotiation about work! I mean, don't get me wrong, if anyone 'wanted' to reach his/her full potential they will face difficulties on their way, but if Islam is a true religion from GOD for men and women, it won't put obstacles to reaching your potential, it will not restrict women to a specific role in society as a main purpose for them in Islam. It will acknowledge that women as individuals are different and not all of us can be confined to that purpose. I know some muslim women have their own interpretation of that issue just for the purpose that they want for example to travel abroad without a Muhram to continue their study or other work/life issues, but really why 'Gods words' should take more than one interpretation?? If I were God I would send very clear orders that make life easy and happy for all of us! why complicate my creation own lives??  So, yes I think that's were I'm at the moment,,, just skeptical about everything in religion and 'almost' an ex-muslim 'unfortunately' just because I don't think I can declare or discuss openly to my husband that I am not a full rounded muslim anymore,,,, ahh what a mess having a critical mind can make Smiley Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #1 - August 10, 2014, 08:09 PM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #2 - August 10, 2014, 08:14 PM

Welcome home Abi. Don't be shy. You've put one foot in...why not the other? We're all friends here.

You say
    I'm not an ex-muslim

and you follow that up with
    I'm almost convinced that quran can't be from God, just too much contradictions.

You're already there. Take apart the Koran and you take apart Islam. Look around you Abi. This is what reality looks like. Beautiful isn't it?

Take your time, think a lot, but don't pressure yourself. You may leave a large part of Islam behind but you don't have to leave all of it. Take the coat off gently lest it in your haste you scar your flesh. Take your time.

If I were God I would send very clear orders that make life easy and happy for all of us! why complicate my creation own lives??

I agree with you completely. It's almost as if the Big Guy wants us to fight over his orders.

You have family? Lovely. Take even more time then because once you realise that something is untrue then why waste time on it if it does not have a detrimental impact on your life. But that is for you to judge.

I'm really laughing at this now but I know it's not funny it's just my own personality; I never take things too seriously for some reason.

Laugh away. You've found the meaning of life and it's purpose. Never take anything seriously.

Come ride with me Abi.

There is no might or power save for the Unicorn!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #3 - August 10, 2014, 08:19 PM

Welcome in!  parrot

Ditto what Jedi has written.

Seem to be a lot of married people questioning coming in recently!
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #4 - August 10, 2014, 08:42 PM

Thanks a lot for your replies,, it's a breath of fresh air to talk to like minded people. I just want to thank you Jedi for your valuable response and advice,, I will certainly take my time on this, you describe the situation perfectly; these things have to take time and thought or it might scar us and affect all people around us Smiley. thanks a lot again! thnkyu
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #5 - August 10, 2014, 08:54 PM

For the sake of preserving your Iman, sister, I advise you not to participate in this forum. Do not read books that will mislead you. Do not listen to doubts - they are from Shaytan. Do not think about things that don't make sense, nor ask questions about that which if you were to get the answer would trouble you.

Pray to Allah to guide you. He answers the prayer of one who calls on him... sometimes.

Hold fast to the rope of Allah and don't listen to these people on CEMB forum.

May Allah - Most Enormous and Tall is He - guide you, back to Islam.

And Welcome  Smiley

• Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #6 - August 10, 2014, 08:56 PM

Remember you're not alone. This member is going throught a similar experience:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26955.0

Also, on these forums are people who have been through what you have. I think a month ago someone reported that he/she came out to their partner and they're making a go of it. It's not all doom and gloom. But, I always advise HONESTY is the best policy. As will most people on this forum.

Love yourself and others around you.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #7 - August 10, 2014, 09:18 PM

Welcome to the forum Abi, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #8 - August 10, 2014, 10:55 PM

Hi Abi and welcome!
    Glad to hear that you're questioning Islam. And also, you're definitely not alone!

turnipovich
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #9 - August 10, 2014, 11:09 PM

Congrats on your emancipation. It's a shame your in a pickle being married into islam.
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #10 - August 10, 2014, 11:51 PM

Ah I got distracted watching the Dawkins on faith schools documentary you mentioned

A WELCOME TO THEE!

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #11 - August 11, 2014, 10:12 AM

Welcome to the forum, Abi Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #12 - August 11, 2014, 03:26 PM

Welcome. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #13 - August 18, 2014, 12:04 PM

Welcome, Abi!  parrot

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Hi I'm a new member,,
     Reply #14 - August 22, 2014, 07:22 PM

Welcome Smiley

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »