Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I feel like a 14 year old teenager

(Read 9538 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I feel like a 14 year old teenager
     OP - August 04, 2014, 06:29 PM

Hey there!

I thought I'd open this topic because I want to know if anyone felt that way too.
    Sooo basically I'm a 24 female, I thought puberty and shit was waaay behind me, but lately, since I have started slowly rejecting religion and considering a life as a non-muslim, i.e. as a "normal person", I suddenly don't really know who I am anymore and I am feelings... feels xD *tee-hee!*

Ok jokes asides, seriously, what the heck? I am usually a calm person (sometimes too calm), very together and all but I get angry and pissed a lot quicker, for small things (especially regarding my parents and everything religion related obvious), I'm very self conscious of how people see me, I feel the urge to do something to "rebel" (I got a tattoo when I went abroad for a semester, no regrets, it's not even a rebellious thing nowadays and at my age but I wanted one), I wanna do stupid things (i.e. neither useful or constructive), I can spend days of my holiday just moping around about what the meaning of life is, hating on my "good girl" image, I get extremely annoyed at pretty much anything my parents say and I'm not very keen to spend more time with them than necessary, I am holding opinions that are the opposite of what I used to, even though I know how ridiculous it is I want to express myself in a flamboyant way, try new things despite having been against them for so long (alcohol, flirting...).

I pretty much feel like a 14 yo teenage boy on the inside, litterally, in every way except that boy is clearly gay and doesn't like boobies (not that I hate boobies, they are great, but I don't like like them) xD my sexuality might be the only thing I am sure about right now.

Is going through a second/first actual emotional puberty normal for someone who used to be a parent pleasing sons/daughters that used to control every move and word?
    My conflict here is that at the same time I find myself stupid, because other people my age in my country of origin are struggling with not finding a job, failed marriages, family problems, poverty, kids... and I'm just there playing my video games, trying to contain my exploding ovaries and thinking about whether or not I should have a sneaky taste of Guinness when I go to Ireland this summer and what that beer tasting means for my identity and what consequences it will have. It's hard enough to have urges to behave like a teenager, it's even worse if you are your own "adult" telling yourself that you're acting like a mopey ungrateful First World brat with stupid problems. Or is it really stupid? Maybe I need to go through this in order to move forward?

I know the things I want to do are only normal for most people and not even dangerous or anything if done responsibly, but why do I still feel stupid? I have been playing this role for so long, refusing alcoholic drinks, being not even remotely flirtatious (how do you even?), being socially awkward as fuck, having my confidence instantly shattered when someone asked me about religion or someone reminded people that I am a Muslim. I have come to hate that label, I want to get rid of it but at the same time I worry about what people will say if I start doing "normal things", I don't want to trade the Muslim label for "Good religious girl who made a 180 turn and became wild trolololol", even though I probably won't become all wild and out of control. I usually don't care that much but it seems like my self-consciousness has gone through the roof lately.

So yeah does anyone here relate to this? People who have gone further than me in "quitting religion" (let's think of religion as a drug, it's not far from that. Karl Marx wasn't wrong in a sense) did you have this and what do you suggest? Should I just not care so much and go for whatever I want to try?

What is my life?? I think to much. What is my brain? What even?  Huh? my synapses are full of knots
     Reply #1 - August 04, 2014, 06:36 PM

You are in the process of re-building your entire identity since you rejected Islam, which was such an integral part of your identity before. So nothing strange in feeling like a teenager in some aspects, in particular when you don't have a family or other similar responsebilities. That's the privilige of being single and childless in that age Smiley try to focus all those "feels" in rediscovering who you are. Try new things, meet new people and try to look inside you. You don't need (religious) spirituality or religious beliefs to be a complete person.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - August 04, 2014, 06:48 PM

I say dont do anything too brash or spur of the moment just to rebel. It takes time to adjust but gets easier.
     Reply #3 - August 04, 2014, 06:50 PM

Hey! You posted the thread about Religious Traumatic Syndrome, that resonates with me a lot. I was glad to see that that's a thing.

My problem is more a one of stupid pride as well. All these years in my defense I was telling people that religion was my choice and that I wanted to stick to that choice. That not drinking alcohol was more than just a book telling me not to, but a personal decision. It's these things that made me "different" and "special" and suddenly I find myself just wanting to fit in with my non-muslim friends (I am lucky to always have had only non-muslim friends, very tolerant and accepting ones, I love them so much), fit in socially... But religion made me a massive hipster! I am so used to "not being like anyone else" because I have always been the Muslim among non-Muslims, but the special Muslim that listens to metal, laughs at dirty jokes and other things you wouldn't expect from a cliché religious person. But being a strange mix in between two worlds that seem very mutually exclusive always made me feel like I don't belong anywhere and it's getting frustrating.

Buuuut my stupid hipster pride... Should I just swallow it?
     Reply #4 - August 04, 2014, 07:06 PM

I know exactly how your feel Feryel : )  i'm a lot older than you but when i converted as a young student time has stood still for me, i'm out of it now and feel that i haven't matured mentally because i have lacked so many life experiences that my old non muslim friends take for granted, such as dating, relationships, sports activities that i absolutely adore, holidays on beaches in swim suits, riding a bike lol all the normal stuff   : ) 

xxxx
     Reply #5 - August 04, 2014, 08:05 PM

Fuck that hipster pride. Or you can be a sort of reverse hipster if you like. I mean, you're not like other people from your country of origin, so you can hip your heart out in that sense.

I completely understand your urge to do rebellious things. I'm 23 and I am in this phase myself. Wanting to drink, go to a club, flirt, eat non-halal meat, even pork and so on. Just do whatever you feel like but take it one step at a time and do it safe. No need to put yourself in harm's way but other than that: enjoy! So far, I have eaten non-halal meat, had some sips of alcohol, tried to flirt but failed miserably (as you so eloquently put it: social awkward as fuck) and making plans to go out and dance all night sometime soon. I've already bought a very sexy lace dress to wear.
    Don't tell yourself it's stupid, cause it's not! Just be safe.

Edit: also, dance classes yayy!

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #6 - August 04, 2014, 08:17 PM

Hey there!

I thought I'd open this topic because I want to know if anyone felt that way too.
    Sooo basically I'm a 24 female, I thought puberty and shit was waaay behind me, but lately, since I have started slowly rejecting religion and considering a life as a non-muslim, i.e. as a "normal person", I suddenly don't really know who I am anymore and I am feelings... feels xD *tee-hee!*

Ok jokes asides, seriously, what the heck? I am usually a calm person (sometimes too calm), very together and all but I get angry and pissed a lot quicker, for small things (especially regarding my parents and everything religion related obvious), I'm very self conscious of how people see me, I feel the urge to do something to "rebel" (I got a tattoo when I went abroad for a semester, no regrets, it's not even a rebellious thing nowadays and at my age but I wanted one), I wanna do stupid things (i.e. neither useful or constructive), I can spend days of my holiday just moping around about what the meaning of life is, hating on my "good girl" image, I get extremely annoyed at pretty much anything my parents say and I'm not very keen to spend more time with them than necessary, I am holding opinions that are the opposite of what I used to, even though I know how ridiculous it is I want to express myself in a flamboyant way, try new things despite having been against them for so long (alcohol, flirting...).

I pretty much feel like a 14 yo teenage boy on the inside, litterally, in every way except that boy is clearly gay and doesn't like boobies (not that I hate boobies, they are great, but I don't like like them) xD my sexuality might be the only thing I am sure about right now.

Is going through a second/first actual emotional puberty normal for someone who used to be a parent pleasing sons/daughters that used to control every move and word?
    My conflict here is that at the same time I find myself stupid, because other people my age in my country of origin are struggling with not finding a job, failed marriages, family problems, poverty, kids... and I'm just there playing my video games, trying to contain my exploding ovaries and thinking about whether or not I should have a sneaky taste of Guinness when I go to Ireland this summer and what that beer tasting means for my identity and what consequences it will have. It's hard enough to have urges to behave like a teenager, it's even worse if you are your own "adult" telling yourself that you're acting like a mopey ungrateful First World brat with stupid problems. Or is it really stupid? Maybe I need to go through this in order to move forward?

I know the things I want to do are only normal for most people and not even dangerous or anything if done responsibly, but why do I still feel stupid? I have been playing this role for so long, refusing alcoholic drinks, being not even remotely flirtatious (how do you even?), being socially awkward as fuck, having my confidence instantly shattered when someone asked me about religion or someone reminded people that I am a Muslim. I have come to hate that label, I want to get rid of it but at the same time I worry about what people will say if I start doing "normal things", I don't want to trade the Muslim label for "Good religious girl who made a 180 turn and became wild trolololol", even though I probably won't become all wild and out of control. I usually don't care that much but it seems like my self-consciousness has gone through the roof lately.

So yeah does anyone here relate to this? People who have gone further than me in "quitting religion" (let's think of religion as a drug, it's not far from that. Karl Marx wasn't wrong in a sense) did you have this and what do you suggest? Should I just not care so much and go for whatever I want to try?

What is my life?? I think to much. What is my brain? What even?  Huh? my synapses are full of knots

Your life is your own! Explore and become fabulous!
     Reply #7 - August 04, 2014, 08:58 PM

Fuck that hipster pride. Or you can be a sort of reverse hipster if you like. I mean, you're not like other people from your country of origin, so you can hip your heart out in that sense.

I completely understand your urge to do rebellious things. I'm 23 and I am in this phase myself. Wanting to drink, go to a club, flirt, eat non-halal meat, even pork and so on. Just do whatever you feel like but take it one step at a time and do it safe. No need to put yourself in harm's way but other than that: enjoy! So far, I have eaten non-halal meat, had some sips of alcohol, tried to flirt but failed miserably (as you so eloquently put it: social awkward as fuck) and making plans to go out and dance all night sometime soon. I've already bought a very sexy lace dress to wear.
    Don't tell yourself it's stupid, cause it's not! Just be safe.

Edit: also, dance classes yayy!

Haha when you put it like that xD well technically most of "my people" I have seen living here have been drinking, going out and stuff since they got here. And I used to see them as weak/fake or something... I used to. Changing your mind on stuff is harder than I thought  wacko

When I say rebellious things, it's really not rebellious in the real world at all, but rebellious for an (ex-)Muslim, you know what I mean? I was thinking about secretly tasting the famous brews of Ireland when I go there with my parents, not in front of them of course, but in my own B&B room at night, then wash my teeth, destroy all evidence. I know there is way less than 10% of alcohol and drinking one beer slowly shouldn't do much. I have always been overly cautious and overthinking everything, which can be a good thing but too much can be frustrating.

Yay dance classes! What dance do you want to learn? I love dancing but I haven't found a style that fits me yet.
    I have heard from my friends that going out in clubs can be very disappointing if you don't chose well. Make sure you go to a place with good music and atmosphere, if you can hear what other people are saying over the sound of the music it's also a plus ^^

Lyliesque: Becoming fabulous. Sounds like a plan!  Afro

Reply #8 - August 04, 2014, 09:12 PM

Hugs all wanting to become fabulous!
     Reply #9 - August 04, 2014, 09:27 PM

I say as the others; swallow your pride. You won't be happy for holding on to that. And to be honest, it's so stupid to hold on to some "cool" image that makes you miserable just because you want to feel special. You can be special without that crap, girl rediscover yourself  bunny

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #10 - August 04, 2014, 09:32 PM

Haha when you put it like that xD well technically most of "my people" I have seen living here have been drinking, going out and stuff since they got here. And I used to see them as weak/fake or something... I used to. Changing your mind on stuff is harder than I thought  wacko

When I say rebellious things, it's really not rebellious in the real world at all, but rebellious for an (ex-)Muslim, you know what I mean? I was thinking about secretly tasting the famous brews of Ireland when I go there with my parents, not in front of them of course, but in my own B&B room at night, then wash my teeth, destroy all evidence. I know there is way less than 10% of alcohol and drinking one beer slowly shouldn't do much. I have always been overly cautious and overthinking everything, which can be a good thing but too much can be frustrating.

Yay dance classes! What dance do you want to learn? I love dancing but I haven't found a style that fits me yet.
    I have heard from my friends that going out in clubs can be very disappointing if you don't chose well. Make sure you go to a place with good music and atmosphere, if you can hear what other people are saying over the sound of the music it's also a plus ^^

Lyliesque: Becoming fabulous. Sounds like a plan!  Afro

I know what you mean. Things every non-Muslim has done as a teenager. But not us, not the obedient Muslim, oh no. God forbid you talk to boys or talk back to your parents.

Same here with the overly cautious. The night before I had my first sip of alcohol, I had a nightmare about coming home drunk and everyone immediately knowing about my apostasy. That's how much time I had spent thinking about the subject. Craazy. When you drink, do make sure you eat a good meal first. That will lessen any effect alcohol will have on you. And go slow! Some people take alcohol very badly, you should test your boundaries.

Modern dance/general dance techniques! For a while I thought about salsa/hiphop/bellydance, but over the years I have fallen in love with modern dance. Thanks for the tip! Will keep it in mind.

On a more serious note: yes, changing your mind about certain things is hard. Sometimes I catch myself  thinking 'omg, how dare she wear that' before the sentence has actually formed in my head. Same thing with my sister having a dog or hugging her boyfriend publicly. It leaves me with a certain repulsed/embarrassed/disapproval feeling that is not at ALL in sync with my rationale. If you're conditioned to show a certain response to a certain stimulus, it's hard to unlearn that.

Reply #11 - August 04, 2014, 09:55 PM

"Is going through a second/first actual emotional puberty normal?"

In a word, yes. Its exactly what I'm going through right now. Feel like a teenager again, just trying to live my life the way I would have the first time around. Trying to be open and happy, and yeah, flirty and randy as a teenage boy it seems.  Cheesy

Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong of to feel ashamed because of it. You are who you are, and your experiences can either be an albatross around your neck, or something to make you that much more grateful and enjoy what you have. I'm trying to go for the latter, even though I'll admit, its sometimes hard, with all of one's reflexive behavior that one had engrained over the years. But I approve of being oneself, and fabulous and happy!  grin12

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - August 04, 2014, 10:13 PM

Welcome home Feryal. Finally, you've taken the hints I've been giving you and joined the circus. It's no surprise though is it? You know you've always belonged here. The seat at our table has always had your name on it.

Life is. Life is. Life is. I want you to repeat this a thousand times and when you get to answering the question you must stop yourself.

What is life?

Life is (STOP!)

Life just is. The cloud just is. The beat just is. The Moon just is. The bird just is. Life just is.

Life is.

Stop thinking it - unknot those synapses - unclog your brain - calm your breath - soften your heart beat and smile. Smile. Smile.  grin12

What is life?

An experience. Before you die experience life. You can smoke, drink and have sex if you want to. But these are transient pleasures and once they're over you may very well wonder what all the fuss was about. Maybe that's just me. But try it if you must. Atleast one of them is a DEFINITE must.  Wink

Walk. Walk through the park. Walk through the sea water. Walk through the rain puddles. When no-one's looking JUMP IN!   dance

Time. Things take time. So long as you're doing what you need to do to make yourself financially self reliant then you can take that leap. But don't cut ties with anyone. You'll need people one day. You don't know why and you won't know when - but you need the people. It's doesn't mean you accept how they treat you or give in to their demands. It means you part in a amicable fashion leaving an avenue to return to them if need be.

Do not think. Be.

Life is. Be.

That is Our Way.

Come, take a ride with me.

Seek the Unicorn and the Unicorn shall set you free.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Re: I feel like a 14 year old teenager
     Reply #13 - August 04, 2014, 10:23 PM

My problem is more a one of stupid pride as well. All these years in my defense I was telling people that religion was my choice and that I wanted to stick to that choice. That not drinking alcohol was more than just a book telling me not to, but a personal decision. It's these things that made me "different" and "special" and suddenly I find myself just wanting to fit in with my non-muslim friends (I am lucky to always have had only non-muslim friends, very tolerant and accepting ones, I love them so much), fit in socially... But religion made me a massive hipster! I am so used to "not being like anyone else" because I have always been the Muslim among non-Muslims, but the special Muslim that listens to metal, laughs at dirty jokes and other things you wouldn't expect from a cliché religious person. But being a strange mix in between two worlds that seem very mutually exclusive always made me feel like I don't belong anywhere and it's getting frustrating.

Ah, this sounds a lot like me. I left Islam when I was in college. All my friends were, like yours, non-Muslim. I also listened to rock and metal (and still do!), among many other types of music, laughed at and told unclean jokes, watched movies with sex/violence/nudity, etc. But I also had a strong religious conviction, did not drink, did not eat pork, did not flirt with women--all the usual Muslim stuff. I had even had that conversation with my friends at parties and whatnot, about how I had already questioned Islam and decided for myself that it was true (lol, of course I hadn't really questioned it, but I was too stupid to know that at the time), and how I had consciously chosen not to drink both for religious and personal reasons.

Fast forward one and a half years. I had apostasized and slowly began to drink and do all those things I swore I wouldn't when I'd been Muslim. None of my friends cared. Nobody even brought up the beliefs I'd avowed just a year prior. In fact, they were happy about my decision to start drinking and such. The transition was very natural, and one of my friends even "held my hand" through my introduction to alcohol by helping me learn to gauge my own intoxication and helping me learn to pace myself when drinking so that when I went to parties I wouldn't spiral out of control.

Now it's been five years since that time, and all these things have become part of my new identity--the identity I hide whenever I visit home, but which allows me to feel free, to feel like the real me the other 99% of the time.

So yeah, your pride is rooted in false ground. Swallow it and start moving on with your life!
     Reply #14 - August 04, 2014, 10:44 PM

When I saw the thread title I thought of Rolf Harris. whistling2

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #15 - August 04, 2014, 10:59 PM

Typical Aussie.  Tongue

Rolf Harris: Can you guess what it is yet?
    Judge: Five years and nine months. Oh, and you're on the sex offendors register for life.

Leave your honours and your awards by the toilet door.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #16 - August 04, 2014, 11:08 PM

Haha Iceman you must be my brother from another mother  Cheesy
    What you say about questioning Islam without really questioning sincerely, exactly that. It reinforces your belief because you think it's you and your choice, therefore true for you. Our brain is one tricky bastard...
    My best friend's bf has always been teasing me and trying to "tempt" me by offering pork or alcohol, but of course I never gave in. I don't think he understands how offensive I always thought it was, as if he didn't take my beliefs seriously (he is very far from a subtle person xD). Now I'm still refusing because I'm still "in character" kind of. He probably doesn't see it as such big of a deal at all, I mean it's just "another type of beverage" and "another type of meat" to other people, but for us it's those THINGS we have to keep away from by all means. Fear conditioning at it's best. Anyway, he offered to brief me on the good types of alcohol if I ever decided to start drinking, because from what I learned from my friends, some alcohol is cat piss and you have to know the good ones.

Good news is, I learned in my Neuroscience class that fear conditioning can be un-learned \o/

Trustworthy: Exactly! I should be moving out next semester (I still haven't dropped the bomb, I need to tell my parents soon) and I thought I would only start doing things then, because I'll be away and no risk of coming home drunk by mistake!! O.O It's too complicated doing stuff when still living at home, but soon, SOON. Freedom awaits me.

Everyone thank you so much for your advice and letting me know that I'm not alone  Smiley I shall try at least one brew on my vacation in the land of Leprechauns for culture learning purposes (and for science) and seek the unicorn. Unicorns are fabulous, only they can teach how to be fabulous *takes overly flamboyant pose*
     Reply #17 - August 04, 2014, 11:12 PM

. Unicorns are fabulous, only they can teach how to be fabulous *takes overly flamboyant pose*

You have offically attained enlightenment. Abandon all other pursuits for knowledge.

Reply #18 - August 05, 2014, 01:13 AM

(Clicky for piccy!)

Seek the Unicorn and the Unicorn shall set you free.

Asalamu alaykum brothers&sisters

Is the meat of unicorns halal? What do the scholars say and is there a fatwa on this matter?
     Reply #19 - August 05, 2014, 05:54 AM

Haha Iceman you must be my brother from another mother  Cheesy
    What you say about questioning Islam without really questioning sincerely, exactly that. It reinforces your belief because you think it's you and your choice, therefore true for you. Our brain is one tricky bastard...
    My best friend's bf has always been teasing me and trying to "tempt" me by offering pork or alcohol, but of course I never gave in. I don't think he understands how offensive I always thought it was, as if he didn't take my beliefs seriously (he is very far from a subtle person xD). Now I'm still refusing because I'm still "in character" kind of. He probably doesn't see it as such big of a deal at all, I mean it's just "another type of beverage" and "another type of meat" to other people, but for us it's those THINGS we have to keep away from by all means. Fear conditioning at it's best. Anyway, he offered to brief me on the good types of alcohol if I ever decided to start drinking, because from what I learned from my friends, some alcohol is cat piss and you have to know the good ones.

Good news is, I learned in my Neuroscience class that fear conditioning can be un-learned \o/

Trustworthy: Exactly! I should be moving out next semester (I still haven't dropped the bomb, I need to tell my parents soon) and I thought I would only start doing things then, because I'll be away and no risk of coming home drunk by mistake!! O.O It's too complicated doing stuff when still living at home, but soon, SOON. Freedom awaits me.

Everyone thank you so much for your advice and letting me know that I'm not alone  Smiley I shall try at least one brew on my vacation in the land of Leprechauns for culture learning purposes (and for science) and seek the unicorn. Unicorns are fabulous, only they can teach how to be fabulous *takes overly flamboyant pose*

Neurosciences. Very interesting. Mind if I ask what you're studying? Sounds familiar. And where are you going to study next semester? You can message me if it's too private.

Good luck on telling the folks!

Reply #20 - August 05, 2014, 10:05 AM

Asalamu alaykum brothers&sisters

Is the meat of unicorns halal? What do the scholars say and is there a fatwa on this matter?

Walaikum asalami mayicum,

The scholarly consensus is that since Aishah (tytm) played with unicorns and ate unicorn meat with her own hands that is is permissable. This is narrated in Sahahi al-Bukhari Bk. 34 No. 457:

"Scooby Doo heard Shaggy say that he heard Daphne say that the Prophet Muhammad said 'Unicorns taste delicious'."

http://islamqa.info/en/9473

Reply #21 - August 05, 2014, 05:41 PM

hi all just want to say that i am probably a lot older than all of you but i started questioning my beliefs in my late teens.
    i kept asking questions about why this and why that and was told to either shut up or would be given some bullshit answer which did not mean anything.
    So i did everything i was not supposed to do anyway and it was great (women booze meat etc)
    The only thing that i made sure to do was not antagonize my parents and be myself only when i was away from them. (they are very religious)
    Now i have children of my own and tell them to be true to themselves. A person knows if he is doing something wrong he doesn't need a religion to know that.
    just a quick hello from a new user of cemb
     Reply #22 - August 05, 2014, 05:56 PM

Hi Madmax, add an intro post!
     Reply #23 - August 05, 2014, 08:06 PM

The scholarly consensus is that since Aishah (tytm) played with unicorns and ate unicorn meat with her own hands that is is permissable. This is narrated in Sahahi al-Bukhari Bk. 34 No. 457:

"Scooby Doo heard Shaggy say that he heard Daphne say that the Prophet Muhammad said 'Unicorns taste delicious'."

Yummy....unicorn burgers with coke&fries

maybe a future vegeterian
     Reply #24 - August 05, 2014, 08:13 PM

I dont see anything wrong with that. You are just enjoying life and that is great!
    Go mad and do everything you havent done before. There's no need to fit in or fit outside  Cheesy

Reply #25 - August 06, 2014, 11:35 PM

Thanks for the retweet, As you know I posted a question to shaykh Assim alHakeem, since I did not find the hadith you mentioned in Bukhari, but in Abu Dawud. https://twitter.com/SomaliWanderer/status/497150535762731012

One of the chain narrators, Scooby Doo, became suspicious to me. IbnTaymiyyah said of him in Majmoo' alfataawa''He's a rafidhi liar!''

So I wanted a second opinion on this matter before feasting on halal unicorn burgers=)
     Reply #26 - August 08, 2014, 09:18 PM

Cheesy

Some recent research found that unicorns do not have blood per se, meaning that there woukd be no need to slaughter them according to islamic procedure to get rid of the blood.
    Nonetheless they also found that the fluid that replaces their blood is responsible for the scattering of the light that comes in from the horn. This light scattering produces the rainbow farts, which have also been found to cause euphoria in subjects that were exposed to them for long. We don't know if it's this blood replacing fluid that causes intoxication but if it's the case, that would make unicorn meat haram, because their "blood" fluid would fall into the same category as alcohol and other drugs. What causes intoxication at high doses has to be avoided completely even at low doses.

In conclusion, whether in doubt, stay away from unicorns all together. I'd say DON'T EVEN GO NEAR unicorns,  as they may fart in your face and make you high.
     Reply #27 - August 08, 2014, 09:40 PM

Also life update: I had my first sip of alcohol at the Guinness Storehouse! I decided to visit and there a was tasting room :p later I had an entire pint in my room and yesterday I tried a Kilkenny. Irish beer seems really nice so far!
    And apparently one pint + tiredness brings my brain to finally shut up and calm down a little. Not bad. It's almost nothing alcohol wise though, like 4.2% and I'm not a tiny girl.

Does anyone know if retailers in Ireland automatically ask everyone who doesn't look middle aged for an ID or only if they have doubts? Cause I got ID'd both times so I was wondering if I look particularly young or... xD
     Reply #28 - August 08, 2014, 10:15 PM

In conclusion, whether in doubt, stay away from unicorns all together. I'd say DON'T EVEN GO NEAR unicorns,  as they may fart in your face and make you high.

finmad

What nonsense bullshit to Hell ya!

Please do not listen to feryel as she belongs to a heretical sect that refuses to accept the countless sahih hadith narrated by reputable authorites such as Stewie Griffin and Denver the last dinosaur that consider the consumption of unicorn meat to not only be permissable but obligatory during the winter period between the blessed time of 14:11 and 14:37.

Avoid this FITNAH. I believe that she may be the despised Anti-Christ, the Dajjal, avoid her at all costs. May she be cursed!

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »