Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Lights Out Tonight

(Read 2088 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Lights Out Tonight
     OP - August 04, 2014, 11:21 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28604274

I think it would be so cool if the government could enforce this to an extreme and, we could for once experience REAL DARKNESS and QUIET in London. We could even see the Stars on clear night.

But of course the Panzies are too weak-minded to force the city to switch-off even for one-hour.

• Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #1 - August 04, 2014, 11:25 AM

"Public buildings and individuals are being encouraged to switch off the lights and burn candles of reflection"

Burn, did you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0QRzBzmwio
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #2 - August 04, 2014, 11:43 AM

Would be kind of rude to FORCE people to stop everything; if even for an hour, don't you think? Sure, I'm completely fine with encouraging it but some people have important things they're doing; from a University senior that's wrapping up his thesis, to a troubled young couple that's finally discussing things, to that woman fighting for her job. It's kind of rude to think people just don't have anything to do; if even for an hour.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #3 - August 04, 2014, 11:44 AM

You could just simply go to a forest.
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #4 - August 04, 2014, 11:56 AM

Would be kind of rude to FORCE people to stop everything; if even for an hour, don't you think? Sure, I'm completely fine with encouraging it but some people have important things they're doing; from a University senior that's wrapping up his thesis, to a troubled young couple that's finally discussing things, to that woman fighting for her job. It's kind of rude to think people just don't have anything to do; if even for an hour.

I think something like this would help create more respect and closeness for nature, and I think thats important, more so than a couple having 'the talk', or some dissertation. Obviously there would be issues like running hospitals, street lighting for necessary travel and ofcourse some people wont care for it.

At the end of it we're all dead anyway, what a shame if you died never having seen the starry sky and real darnkess, moonlight, quietness etc.

• Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #5 - August 04, 2014, 12:15 PM

I think something like this would help create more respect and closeness for nature, and I think thats important, more so than a couple having 'the talk', or some dissertation. Obviously there would be issues like running hospitals, street lighting for necessary travel and ofcourse some people wont care for it.

At the end of it we're all dead anyway, what a shame if you died never having seen the starry sky and real darnkess, moonlight, quietness etc.

WHAT. How is seeing the moonlight more important to that couple than their relationship? Holy fuck dude, I know you don't give two shits about people, but literally every post you make is about how you don't give a flying fuck about humanity but just want everyone to kneel at your every wish. Sure, one time I thought "What would it be like if there was no electricity for a period of time", but frankly, I don't care. Neither do lots of people. If you really want it that badly then you could just go to Africa, I'm pretty sure they don't have too much lighting there. OR if you really want to show those fucking humans you can setup a plan to cut off power supply for a while and then when you get arrested you can argue your point.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #6 - August 04, 2014, 12:34 PM

Dude, of you dont like its fine, no need to get upset. Its only an idea to discuss, not really gonna happen is it.

• Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #7 - August 04, 2014, 01:12 PM

Have you considered moving to China? Saudi? North Korea?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #8 - August 04, 2014, 01:17 PM

Why would I move there?
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #9 - August 04, 2014, 01:20 PM

Easier to force the masses to do things. Could easily pull off the forcing people to go without power for an hour.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #10 - August 04, 2014, 01:49 PM

^ lol

mubs, sometimes I don't know if you're trolling or if you're for real. Smiley

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #11 - August 04, 2014, 01:51 PM

Lol, but you think the lights out thing is a good idea right?
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #12 - August 04, 2014, 01:57 PM

I haven't made up my mind about if it's a good thing or not, but I get the idea behind "Earth hour" and that it's well intended. But you can't enforce that upon people.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #13 - August 04, 2014, 02:29 PM

I think lights out voluntarily is a good idea, forcefully a bad idea.

• Lights Out Tonight
     Reply #14 - August 04, 2014, 02:37 PM

I agree, but I think voluntary would never work. See what happens tonight.

I reckon it's either enforced (socially, if nothing else) or nothing, as the few can easily spoil it for the many.

I suppose a good comparison would be the minutes silence we observe for remembrance.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »