Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: We should do Dawah

(Read 4025 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • We should do Dawah
     Reply #30 - August 03, 2014, 10:56 PM

Jedi, you have to remember that by hiding or keep a low-profile we are not helping our cause. Of course there is a danger in being open about it, so it needs to be considered carefully.  I too would not be comfortable openly joining such an organisation at the moment. But not everyone will be in our situation. The organisation could remain somewhat anonymous anyway, especially if its mostly online.

It is just a thought to get ideas out there.

I'm not sure how effective this could be. Most Muslim communities are already distrustful of the state and state education see Evolution, Big Bang, sex ed, religious ed, free-mixing etc.

I think at somepoint a backlash needs to happen from within. Currenty I see Muslims in Britain becoming MORE ISLAMIC than even their parents (it goes in this direction partly because there is no opposing voice). This will annoy the ones who just go along with it, and they might be open to the ideas of apostates.

By keeping a low profile many of us are avoiding emotional and mental angish aswell as avoiding possible physical harm not to just ourselves but also friends, family and property. Personal wellbeing is paramount. We are not in a position were we can come out with little to no repercussions.

Critical thinking is more important than anything else. This issue is bigger than the Muslim community and I'd rather provide someone with the tools to deprogramme themselves than do it myself. That being said, there is material out there that counters the dawah narrative and it's a good thing that is by individuals.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • We should do Dawah
     Reply #31 - August 03, 2014, 11:35 PM

Ofcourse, many people will have problems 'coming out'.

It seems a more 'offensive' strategy will have to atleast start anonymously. I wonder if its feasible to do it purely online. For instance a website and twitter account. The website could explain who we are, the twitter account can help us to get exposure. Whereas CEMB is something people come to, this could something that aims to actively get the message out.
  • We should do Dawah
     Reply #32 - August 03, 2014, 11:40 PM

would you like to write a formal intro in the Introductions section, mubs?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• We should do Dawah
     Reply #33 - August 03, 2014, 11:54 PM

Yea sure I'll do it tomorrow
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »