Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Seeking asylum

(Read 2872 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Seeking asylum
     OP - July 19, 2014, 07:43 PM

Hey guys,
    Kol sana Wentom taiben.. (Hope everyone is enjoying the double standard month of Ramadan  Cheesy)
    I've been an atheist for some time now and my wife recently came to her senses and she gave up on Islam; she became agnostic though.
    El mohem.. We were recently considering fleeing the shit hole we currently reside (we live in egypt btw) and seek asylum in either Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or the UK.
    Faking Islam is not cool anymore and we're unable continue living with double standards.

My question is, anyone went through the process of seeking asylum (successfully) would let us know about the process, steps, success rate, best countries to go to, needed proof.. Etc?

thnkyu

"Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think."
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #1 - July 19, 2014, 07:54 PM

wenta tayeb Smiley

i think u can seek assylum successfully based on religious view that is dangerous in egypt.. i think there was on egyptian that came out as an apostate and he was a journalist, and he went to usa cuz he was threatened

i would like to go to australia or new zealand but dunno bout processes there :(

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #2 - July 20, 2014, 01:12 AM

Thanks ladybird  Smiley

Australia and NZ are our first two priorities as well.. UK comes 2nd and the states as our last resort ( I think USA is considered a somehow religious country - believe Canada is better)

Also I was considering Iceland (but I guess we'll freeze to death over there  mysmilie_977 )

We just wish we can go somewhere quite, peaceful and humane.
    Hope that someone from the community who been through the process, can shed some light and hopefully share a "success story"

"Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think."
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #3 - July 20, 2014, 03:45 AM

Canada is great.   

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #4 - July 20, 2014, 03:47 AM

ps we got in in the early 90s due to the situation in Somalia and even then it was hard but I think you should have a good case if you're an apostate.   With the Mariam Yahya story and all the others journalists etc I dont think you should have a problem.  Just make sure you have a good story, even if you have to lie.  Its better than living there pretending.

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #5 - July 20, 2014, 04:35 AM

Don't lie, especially to people you are seeking help from.
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #6 - July 20, 2014, 08:25 AM

Canada is great.   

I agree. We've got a large ex-Muslim community in Canada as well.
    http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=REF_BASIC&faq_id=4000347#outside

turnipovich
  • Seeking asylum
     Reply #7 - July 20, 2014, 02:45 PM

Sounds great guys - thanks all

Arthur Schopenhauer
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »