Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Overcoming my emotional attachment to Allah

(Read 3000 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Overcoming my emotional attachment to Allah
     OP - July 15, 2014, 05:26 AM

I am trying to get rid of all influences of Islam on my mind, but time and time again I always find myself turning back to Allah when I am in need.  I think at my core, I still emotionally believe in Allah and I want to overcome that.  I want to rely on myself exclusively and not Allah anymore.  But the problem is, I have no idea how to go about this process.  Can somebody please help me with this and offer me some advice?
     Reply #1 - July 15, 2014, 06:41 AM

IIf you truly believe that Islam is not true (rationally, not emotionally), then this will fade away with time. Believe me. I went through the same phase.
     Reply #2 - July 15, 2014, 06:48 AM

So did I. In my desperation I wanted to rely on God, and I did. But the worshipping rituals didn't bring me any peace seeing that it is all a lie. This wavering stage will soon pass away I assure you.
     Reply #3 - July 15, 2014, 09:25 AM

Try what I did: do something utterly blasphemous (I desecrated an arabic copy of the qur'an), and when allah doesn't retaliate in response, it eases the burden, since you feel disappointed in allah and come to rely on it less.

Reply #4 - July 15, 2014, 10:06 AM

Don't be too hard on yourself, these things takes time...

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #5 - July 20, 2014, 04:16 AM

Just think about what a dick allah is.
    Always remember, in your time of need, he's not going to do jack shit for you, and if he existed he made whatever tragedy happen....because he's an asshole.
    So F him.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #6 - July 20, 2014, 06:07 AM

IIf you truly believe that Islam is not true (rationally, not emotionally), then this will fade away with time. Believe me. I went through the same phase.

Yeah, I think this will dissipate with time. I was still having doubts and scared of hell months after my apostasy. 
     Reply #7 - July 20, 2014, 07:53 AM

Whatever problem you have you can find your own mind and physical strength to solve it.   Islam and muslims rely too much on a nonexistent god that is why the muslim world is the way it is.   

Do the right thing first, if you make a mistake that gives you problems, take responsibility, think about solutions, try those solutions out till something works.

Simple you dont need some entity threatening you with hell for not believing to find comfort.   I have been there and trust me there is nothing better than knowing you are enough for your self.   

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #8 - July 20, 2014, 09:04 AM

Someone invent a ritual to be repeated as required?

Go to an English pub, order full English with beer, watch horse racing, go into betting shop?

What else?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #9 - July 20, 2014, 09:24 AM

With the opposite sex.
     Reply #10 - July 20, 2014, 09:48 AM

I am trying to get rid of all influences of Islam on my mind, but time and time again I always find myself turning back to Allah when I am in need.  I think at my core, I still emotionally believe in Allah and I want to overcome that.  I want to rely on myself exclusively and not Allah anymore.  But the problem is, I have no idea how to go about this process.  Can somebody please help me with this and offer me some advice?

heres a tune to take you out of your misery
    enjoy:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuM7hObGjWI

Life is like a box of chocolates, shut the fuck up and eat them!
     Reply #11 - July 20, 2014, 11:40 AM

I am trying to get rid of all influences of Islam on my mind, but time and time again I always find myself turning back to Allah when I am in need.  I think at my core, I still emotionally believe in Allah and I want to overcome that.  I want to rely on myself exclusively and not Allah anymore.  But the problem is, I have no idea how to go about this process.  Can somebody please help me with this and offer me some advice?

IMHO thats not something you really have to get rid of.
    being a non-believer for me is being a free entity. in other word, i can believe in whatever/whoever i want, and thats include Allah or Jesus or even Doraemon.

the key is: enjoy your life  Wink
    if believe in Allah really brings you a peaceful mind, so be it. if your faith fades or up-down, so be it  dance
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »