Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: PC issues

(Read 19424 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • PC issues
     OP - July 12, 2014, 02:50 PM

Have you tried NOT using internet explorer Tongue

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Re: PC issues
     Reply #1 - July 12, 2014, 02:51 PM

Firefox is the way to go innit blud?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - July 12, 2014, 03:30 PM

I fired the fox.

I prefer Chrome.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - July 12, 2014, 03:34 PM

I was going to download google chrome, it wanted more information than I was comfortable giving. Name, address, e-mail, telephone number, probably a picture of the girl I lost my virginity to.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - July 12, 2014, 03:37 PM

Thankfully it wasn't as demanding when I downloaded it lol, still had my google account from way back when, when it wasn't so invasive.

And also thankful that I remembered my password for it, because it was demanding those details in exchange for a reminder.  Grin

Try that pale something or other that Osmanthus recommended.  Os man knows his stuff.   Afro

Reply #5 - July 12, 2014, 03:39 PM

I have a google account, no clue what the password it...also not sure what my password is for this site, I sign in automatically when I come on the forum.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #6 - July 12, 2014, 03:45 PM

Cheesy  Thnakfully, resetting your password here won't cost you all your privacy. 

Reply #7 - July 12, 2014, 09:06 PM

That's what they tell you. Terror couch

And Chrome sux. Tongue

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - July 12, 2014, 10:03 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Google is love. Google is life. I did 2 weeks of work experience at Google, and had an absolute amazing time. Never seen so many happy employees. They even gave me free food!

If you don't like Chrome, you can always use an alternative Chromium based browser, or Chromium itself.

http://chromium.woolyss.com/
     Reply #9 - July 12, 2014, 10:16 PM

Why?

Reply #10 - July 12, 2014, 10:22 PM

IE is the shite.

What's the difference betwen Chrome and Fox (besides the name and logo etc. you smartarses)?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #11 - July 12, 2014, 10:31 PM

Os, because it's better (for me).

Jedi:
    Firefox/FF based browsers pros
    -Customizability
    -Start Private browsing

Chrome pros
    -Most benchmarks shows that it runs faster as well as less boot time
    -Constantly updated, no need to close when updated
    -Better integration with other Google products
    -Apps

Too be honest, the difference is rather minimal, at least that's what I've personally found. Oddly enough, IE is not that bad nowadays. They're still behind, but it's not unusable like IE6. That browser was awful.
     Reply #12 - July 12, 2014, 10:47 PM

Yeah I like the customisation options with Pale Moon. Used to like them with Firefox, before they started taking them away (fuckers) and turning it into another Chrome. Tongue

It's fast enough for me (64 bit PM is faster than FF, which is always 32 bit), and I don't regard the boot time difference as significant. Updates are no problem, IMO. Google products don't mean anything to me anyway. Don't give a fuck about apps either.

Chrome's interface is just too kindergarten/dumbed down and uggers for my liking. Can't stand the thing.

And IE is getting a lot better. Still wouldn't use it, but at least it's halfway decent now.

Reply #13 - July 12, 2014, 11:52 PM

I tried FF once and it's not bad. The only problem with it is that, I am not able to delete the list of searches. Whenever I type something in the search bar, the lisf of previous searches shows up even after clearing all the history Shocked

Reply #14 - July 14, 2014, 07:18 AM

I tried FF once and it's not bad. The only problem with it is that, I am not able to delete the list of searches. Whenever I type something in the search bar, the lisf of previous searches shows up even after clearing all the history Shocked

Have you specifically cleared out the "Form and Search" history in addition to the usual browsing history?

Reply #15 - July 14, 2014, 08:44 AM

I can't afford to buy a new PC for a while and mine keeps crashing and i lose all my work if it's not saved in time, is there a browser that saves what you were last working on before shut down, sure it's firefox i had it once before ?
     Reply #16 - July 14, 2014, 09:11 AM

see this suki

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-restore-my-tabs-last-time

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #17 - July 14, 2014, 09:20 AM

Thanks Billy, ah yes it was ffox that saves tabs.. Lol but i completely forgot about the easy alternative of checking history doh  : )

x
  • PC issues
     Reply #18 - July 14, 2014, 12:26 PM

Have you specifically cleared out the "Form and Search" history in addition to the usual browsing history?

I need to check.
    This is why I prefer Chrome, you can be sure you have not left any traces. 
  • PC issues
     Reply #19 - July 14, 2014, 11:24 PM

Cheesy Yeah of course, because Google never keeps tabs on anyone who uses their products. Total privacy. No, really.

• PC issues
     Reply #20 - May 20, 2015, 10:09 PM

I need a nerd. For some reason a number of sites I'm trying to go on keep not working. I tried primewire, I tried watch-series, I tried project free tv, I keep getting the same thing.

No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.

When I hover the mouse cruiser/pointer/whatever it's called it says the page failed to load.

I checked and the sites are up and running. Asked some people to try, worked for them. I also tried using internet explorer, which told me there was no connection and to restart my modem. Which obviously isn't the problem as I'm online.

Help? I need my shows!

• PC issues
     Reply #21 - May 21, 2015, 02:28 AM

Have you tried clearing the cache and deleting all cookies? And restarting the modem might actually help as you could be connecting to wifi but having trouble accessing certain ip addresses

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • PC issues
     Reply #22 - May 21, 2015, 09:28 AM

I managed to fix it. Sadly after that my provider decided to block access to the sites. Ugh. Need to find a proxy that works to play file like nowvideo and promptfile.

• PC issues
     Reply #23 - May 21, 2015, 05:58 PM

You people and your bloated Chrome products. I ditched Chrome once I found out it was incapable of using ram and the paging file properly.
  • PC issues
     Reply #24 - May 21, 2015, 06:19 PM

I only got crome a few months ago. I'm late to the party.

Side note, if, like me, anyone tried to download a VPN and it wanted your e-mail address and private information which you saw no reason whatsoever a VPN should need. try browsec. I clicked download, and that was it. No asking for anything, just downloaded and did the fucking job. Not sure it will always be like this, but at the time this is posted, it's what you want. Afro

• PC issues
     Reply #25 - May 21, 2015, 06:20 PM

Try changing your DNS instead of using a proxy. Google offers a free public DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I spent large chunks of time in my childhood getting around my parents internet filters and this was the best solution Id ever found.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • PC issues
     Reply #26 - May 21, 2015, 06:34 PM

Are you my nerd?

• PC issues
     Reply #27 - May 21, 2015, 10:01 PM

Imagine my disappointment when this topic turned out not to be about political correctness gone mad.
  • PC issues
     Reply #28 - May 22, 2015, 10:34 AM

Imagine my disappointment when this topic turned out not to be about political correctness gone mad.

• PC issues
     Reply #29 - May 22, 2015, 09:55 PM

I can say some nasty things about Chrome users if you want.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »