Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Upgrade, firefox

(Read 4886 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Upgrade, firefox
     OP - July 11, 2014, 07:45 AM

Welcome back everyone! You may notice a few glitches or quirks from time to time as the server changes propagate and as we tweak things a bit behind the scenes. If you have any technical issues, please start a thread in the "Questions? Problems? Suggestions?" sub-forum.

Only the dark theme works for me on firefox, the normal theme has a big black box in the middle.
    I cleared cookies. Chrome is totally normal. Anyone else have a ff problem?

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #1 - July 11, 2014, 07:59 AM

I'm running Pale Moon (still Gecko-based) and it's fine.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #2 - July 11, 2014, 08:06 AM

Only the dark theme works for me on firefox, the normal theme has a big black box in the middle.
    I cleared cookies. Chrome is totally normal. Anyone else have a ff problem?

Could you make a screen capture and post it here?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #3 - July 11, 2014, 08:07 AM

I was going to download google chrome, it wanted more information than I was comfortable giving. Name, address, e-mail, telephone number, probably a picture of the girl I lost my virginity to.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #4 - July 11, 2014, 08:08 AM

Just tried FF (LTS 24.5 build) and that works too. Haven't got the latest FF coz it sux donkey ballz (Pale Moon 64 bit is the shit).

I was going to download google chrome, it wanted more information than I was comfortable giving. Name, address, e-mail, telephone number, probably a picture of the girl I lost my virginity to.

Yeah they'll mine your life for anything they can sell. Afro

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #5 - July 11, 2014, 08:10 AM

Try this Quod. Same base as Firefox, but faster and cleaner. Still takes most of the add-ons too. If you have a 64 bit box, get the 64 bit build. http://www.palemoon.org/

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #6 - July 11, 2014, 08:12 AM

it pretty much moves up and down as I scroll.

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #7 - July 11, 2014, 08:13 AM

Cache problem?

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #8 - July 11, 2014, 08:23 AM

Try this Quod. Same base as Firefox, but faster and cleaner. Still takes most of the add-ons too. If you have a 64 bit box, get the 64 bit build. http://www.palemoon.org/

A 64 what box? Huh?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #9 - July 11, 2014, 08:27 AM

ah! ty os, it's cache problem...

for anyone else: tools > options > advance tab > network > cache web content, click clear....

thnkyu

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #10 - July 11, 2014, 08:30 AM

Cheesy Hey kid, you can do it just with Ctrl+F5.*

Or History > Clear recent history > Select whichever options you want to clear.

*Well ok, that wont technically clear the entire cache, but will force a reload of all files related to the current page, which effectively does the same job for front end glitches. It's the tester's quick and easy forced reload trick.

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #11 - July 11, 2014, 08:35 AM

A 64 what box? Huh?

64 bit operating system. Allows more RAM, so is faster (that's the short version). Most newish pooters are 64 bit. Older Vista and XP boxes are 32 bit. If you have more than 4 gig of RAM, it's 64 bit.

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #12 - July 11, 2014, 08:46 AM

Os to the rescue!  dance

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #13 - July 11, 2014, 01:06 PM

64 bit operating system. Allows more RAM, so is faster (that's the short version). Most newish pooters are 64 bit. Older Vista and XP boxes are 32 bit. If you have more than 4 gig of RAM, it's 64 bit.

I'll check, might have to delete some downloads. Thank you. Smiley

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #14 - July 11, 2014, 01:08 PM

Could I use add-ons that say they're for other web browsers? For example would zenmate work with it or would it only work with google chrome?

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #15 - July 11, 2014, 05:41 PM

Hey Os, I just installed Pale Moon too - lowest memory usage I've seen in a while for a browser. Nice.  Afro

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #16 - July 11, 2014, 05:52 PM

just noticed since the site upgrade the new post page doesnt refresh for me, i have to go off the forum afte reading each post, ive cleared history and cache..  never mind i will leave it 24 hours
  • Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #17 - July 11, 2014, 10:18 PM

Hey Os, I just installed Pale Moon too - lowest memory usage I've seen in a while for a browser. Nice.  Afro

Yeah I'm loving it. I got pissed off with Firefox after the latest "upgrade", when they basically fucked up the customisation options on the interface and forced it to always have shit I didn't want, while not allowing it to have shit I did want. They're trying to turn it into Chrome (which is not surprising, since most of their money comes from Google).

So I moved to PM 64 bit, which has all the benefits of FF before The Big Fuckup, plus is much faster and uses less RAM. Never looked back. These days I only use FF occasionally for testing.

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #18 - July 11, 2014, 10:42 PM

Yeah Opera is based on Chrome now too which is why I've been after another browser.  finmad

Only thing I can't find how to set-up or find a good add-on for PM is auto-completion of online forms.  Can get it to remember passwords but nothing else so far.   Huh?

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

• Upgrade, firefox
     Reply #19 - July 11, 2014, 10:47 PM

Should take any FF add-ons (or almost any). I've never worried about auto-completion so can't recommend one, but if it's doable on FF it should be doable on PM.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »