Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi

(Read 3487 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi
     OP - January 11, 2015, 07:27 PM

I'm so pleased I found this site.  Here is why I'm here...

I did live in East London so I have a fair few Muslim friends (although) none practicing.  My sister dated a Muslim for 8 years so I go to know him really well.  I also go to know how his family never accepted the relationship and that Muslims will often not budge an inch on their beliefs.   

I was brought up in the Church of England (Sunday School, Choir etc) but never really got it.  Then I spent a year being a Jehovah Witness which I wasn't very good at but really wanted to get into.  However, if you do your research they have so many skeletons in the closet.  I'm now agnostic with a strong dislike of religion in general.  Although, I also see religion as a great moral guide that society could learn from, without the fairy story aspect.   

Anyway I'm an obsessive questioner.  I think in questions, I talk in questions.  In fact I think there might be something wrong me with me ,as I ask far more questions than anyone else I know.  Well I did meet one person who asked more questions than me and I considered him really weird Smiley

So Islam is a topic especially due to my own limited experience I'd like to debate with people.  However, that's an impossible task as the meer mention of anything negative about Islam just gets liberal forum members shouting and screaming and you never even manage to get to define the question let alone reach any kind of conclusion.

I'm so happy to have found this forum.  It seems you can have an honest and open discussion without being attacked.  Also, well done to everyone who got out, it's clearly one of the hardest things you can do but you're honest people who couldn't live a lie.

I look forward to learning from you all Smiley 

• Hi
     Reply #1 - January 11, 2015, 07:36 PM

Welcome to the forum FairOrNot.

I did live in East London

I already like you , on the account of me being from Hackney  grin12

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Hi
     Reply #2 - January 11, 2015, 07:52 PM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hi
     Reply #3 - January 11, 2015, 08:12 PM

Welcome  parrot
  • Hi
     Reply #4 - January 12, 2015, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the welcomes Smiley

Qitan, just down the road from me, I was in Leyton.  Thinking about it it's really weird I lived there 27 years but have almost no connections to Hackney at all.  I think it must be the marshes that separate us and how you use to get such bad traffic on Lea Bridge Road.  Hackney was just too difficult to get to Smiley

Other than I use to go to the Bootsale at Hackney Stadium on a Sunday morning to get pirate Amiga games Smiley 
  • Hi
     Reply #5 - January 12, 2015, 06:24 AM

Hi and welcome

parrot

Good to have you here Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Hi
     Reply #6 - January 12, 2015, 06:33 AM

Thanks for the welcomes Smiley

Qitan, just down the road from me, I was in Leyton.  Thinking about it it's really weird I lived there 27 years but have almost no connections to Hackney at all.  I think it must be the marshes that separate us and how you use to get such bad traffic on Lea Bridge Road.  Hackney was just too difficult to get to Smiley

Other than I use to go to the Bootsale at Hackney Stadium on a Sunday morning to get pirate Amiga games Smiley 

Yeah, Upper Clapton to Leyton would take around 20 minutes nowadays (traffic permitting)?

Come to think of it, I've only ever been to Leyton a few times which is weird considering how close it is.

• Hi
     Reply #7 - January 12, 2015, 06:35 AM

Oh yeah. I just remembered why I don't go to Leyton.
    Relatives from my dad's side live there, I passionately dislike all of them.

• Hi
     Reply #8 - January 12, 2015, 08:46 AM

This is a cool article tracking how Hackney has been changing...

http://tylerwetherall.com/2013/12/24/uk-clapton-from-murder-mile-to-hipster-village/

• Hi
     Reply #9 - January 12, 2015, 11:32 AM

It doesn't surprise me you didn't visit Leyton much I don't think we have anything worth visiting.   Hackney has at least got reasonable shopping and entertainment.  We really don't have anything. 

I heard it had improved, actually looks quite good.  I think we would tend to avoid Hackney as it had such a bad reputation. 

• Hi
     Reply #10 - January 12, 2015, 04:52 PM

Welcome to the club!  bunny

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • Hi
     Reply #11 - January 12, 2015, 05:05 PM

Welcome, FairOrNot Smiley
  • Hi
     Reply #12 - January 12, 2015, 05:48 PM

Thanks guys it's an honour to be here.  I've been reading a lot of the old posts (so much to learn) and I'm shocked at how civilized and respectful of each other you all are. 
  • Hi
     Reply #13 - January 12, 2015, 06:05 PM

Welcome FairorNot!
  • Hi
     Reply #14 - January 13, 2015, 04:00 PM

• Hi
     Reply #15 - January 14, 2015, 07:18 AM

I notice a parrot theme. 

Mr Cadburys Parrot would go berserk! 
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »