Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Any ex-converts here?

(Read 12149 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Any ex-converts here?
     OP - July 04, 2014, 08:32 PM

Hi everyone. Are there any ex-converts here? How long have you been in islam? Do you regret it or rather see it as a good lesson for the future?
    I became a muslim at the age of 17, it lasted for over 5 years. I married a convert, have kids with him. Those munchkins are the reason I generally don't regret becoming a muslim. They're not big enough to understand religion so it's not loo late - hopefully they won't be muslims Smiley
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #1 - July 12, 2014, 07:50 PM

I've always been interested in reverts to Islam. I became a strong believer after I saw a documentary about Cat Stevens - thought if he could do it, then surely I could too.

I'm not a revert/convert, but am curious as to whether people who do convert/revert ever come to regret it.

Sorry for the inconsitancy with the revert/convert word ordering - I'm extemely tired from today's fast.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #2 - July 12, 2014, 07:55 PM

What documentary on Cat stevens?

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #3 - July 12, 2014, 07:57 PM

Something done by the BBC. I think Alan Yentob did it.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #4 - July 12, 2014, 07:57 PM

I'm a convert, Muslim between year 16/17 and 26. I'm turning 27 this year, and became an apostate sometime in April/May last year.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #5 - July 12, 2014, 08:00 PM

HE is still muslim as far as I know.... Is he not?

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #6 - July 12, 2014, 08:02 PM

He is. But he left everything behind - things he was so talented at. That's what I can't comprehend.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #7 - July 12, 2014, 08:04 PM

Hi everyone................... Those munchkins are the reason I generally don't regret becoming a muslim. They're not big enough to understand religion so it's not loo late - hopefully they won't be muslims Smiley

Hello exmuslimah. don't worry too much about  munchkins and their religion .,     .................

Children will grow up .. what all they need is Motherly love and bit of food..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #8 - July 12, 2014, 08:07 PM

I think munchkins is a referral to her children.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #9 - July 12, 2014, 08:12 PM

I think munchkins is a referral to her children.

At one time every one was a child TheTruthSeeker.,  and I was also a child., you were also child..  I was born Zebra..

• Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #10 - July 12, 2014, 08:13 PM

I don't know what to say to that.

However, I do really like reading your posts.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #11 - July 12, 2014, 11:15 PM

I am an exconvert. Seventeen years in. It made me a better parent. Now I will not be raising my kids to believe in any fairytales, which is harder, but better, for them. It also gave me a better understanding of my own flaws, which, while embarrassing, is I suppose of some use.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #12 - July 13, 2014, 03:23 AM

I'm an ex con myself, converted over 7 yrs ago, do I regret it? For me it's not as simple as a yes or no answer. Yes I regret the many restrictions it's put on my life and how overly compromised and complicated it's made things for me but no from the point of my children who I've come to know and love. So for me it's both a yes and no answer.
    At one time every one was a child TheTruthSeeker.,  and I was also a child., you were also child..  I was born Zebra..

What does zebra mean in this context, I've heard you use the expression before but if you YZV wont answer or will only answer with another question or nonsense riddle, can some one else in the know please explain?
    Your confusedly. Thinking hard
    DT
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #13 - July 13, 2014, 03:41 AM

I'm an ex con

So what'd you do? Grin

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/ex-con

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #14 - July 13, 2014, 09:42 AM

^
    Married a muslimah, nikah style.
     Wink
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #15 - July 13, 2014, 10:08 AM

"ex-con -  someone who used to be in prison"

A perfect description lol
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #16 - July 13, 2014, 10:19 AM

What does zebra mean in this context, I've heard you use the expression before but if you YZV wont answer or will only answer with another question or nonsense riddle, can some one else in the know please explain?
    Your confusedly. Thinking hard
    DT

Cheesy I don't think you're gonna get a straight answer from him. But the first time I heard him refer to himself as a zebra was in reference to his background. I think, if I have decoded yeezspeak, zebra = of mixed parentage. 
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #17 - July 13, 2014, 10:22 AM

Ex-convert here, too. Was wishy-washy for most of the time, and really only practiced a lot right before and after my marriage, but was afforded a ton of free passes for my convert status. I haven't had it so bad.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #18 - July 13, 2014, 12:40 PM

Cheesy I don't think you're gonna get a straight answer from him. But the first time I heard him refer to himself as a zebra was in reference to his background. I think, if I have decoded yeezspeak, zebra = of mixed parentage. 

Thanks A-A, I thought it might have been something like that but wasn't sure. I guess that makes my kids zebras too at least in YZV speak anyways. Smiley
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #19 - July 13, 2014, 12:42 PM

I think if I remember correctly, Yeezevee once mentioned that he had both Shia and Sunni in his family tree. He might be referring to that.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #20 - July 13, 2014, 01:50 PM

Converted to marry and did try and give Islam a go, but only for the shortest of times. I've had it lucky in that it's been possible to live daily life in a very liberal version of Islam, but that's not to say that it hasn't managed to wreak havoc with family life on occasions too.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #21 - July 13, 2014, 02:22 PM

Cheesy.............zebra was in reference to his background. I think, if I have decoded yeezspeak, zebra = of mixed parentage. 

You..you...you..you... finmad  but you are right Al....,   it is life take or leave it..  Even that  bum Big Mo is right.,.. He is smart, intelligent,  articulate and yet stupid .., That last part comes from his brain that stores brainless   unquestionable blind belief.,  That fellow must realize people here are not hostile to their near & dear but the  religious ideology of these near & dear and the stupid rules that gets imposed due to their religion.  

• Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #22 - July 15, 2014, 12:14 AM

Perhaps we could create a list on this site dedicated to explaining 'Yeezeveeisims' to help newbies (& even oldies) get with the lingo more readily.
    For example
    'Beared Baboon' = Salafi
    'Rogue/Rascal' = Salafi who uses reckless or even violent words and or actions against others in an attempt to acheive their agenda
    'Zebra' = Child of mixed parentage
    'Land of Sand' = Saudi Arabia
    . . . . etc.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #23 - July 15, 2014, 05:36 AM

Don't forget "Land of Pure" (Pakistan) and "heroes of Islam" (jihadis) Grin
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #24 - July 15, 2014, 06:51 AM

We need it badly Smiley.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #25 - July 15, 2014, 10:21 AM

Not to mention,
    'Allah Doll' = Fictional deity worshipped by billions world wide Wink
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #26 - July 15, 2014, 01:42 PM

lua, i don't know why but i was sure you were born in a muslim family
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #27 - July 15, 2014, 02:05 PM

Huh, not sure why, either! I was born into an awfully Christian one. My parents have relaxed over the years, but not enough that I didn't get a stern headshake from my mother for shaking my fist at a bolt of lightning yesterday and telling God he had to try harder than that to get me.

I'm just glad they don't fast for Ramadan.  yes
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #28 - July 15, 2014, 05:30 PM

Perhaps we could create a list on this site dedicated to explaining 'Yeezeveeisims' to help newbies (& even oldies) get with the lingo more readily.
    For example
    'Beared Baboon' = Salafi
    'Rogue/Rascal' = Salafi who uses reckless or even violent words and or actions against others in an attempt to acheive their agenda
    'Zebra' = Child of mixed parentage
    'Land of Sand' = Saudi Arabia
    . . . . etc.

Don't forget "Land of Pure" (Pakistan) and "heroes of Islam" (jihadis) Grin

Not to mention,
    'Allah Doll' = Fictional deity worshipped by billions world wide Wink

Cheesy

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Any ex-converts here?
     Reply #29 - July 15, 2014, 05:42 PM

Heroes of islam = Blood thirsty mobs, terrorists, suicide bombers, human rights abusers.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »