Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 4:34 To Hit or not to Hit, that is the question

(Read 50674 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 4:34 To Hit or not to Hit, that is the question
     Reply #60 - July 06, 2014, 12:21 PM

With all respect i haven't seen Bigmo give a quranist interpretation, unless i missed it on another thread ?

I haven't seen him answer a question of mine on any thread.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #61 - July 06, 2014, 12:33 PM

I think he hit the wall early on. Probably he has been sitting on it, trying to keep it standing through sheer stubborn will.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #62 - July 06, 2014, 12:37 PM

Bigmo it's obvious. Only men are allowed the privilege. And if my husband commits adultery I will simply leave him on his own path. Why should I beat him? I am not a tyrant.
     Reply #63 - July 06, 2014, 12:53 PM

I don't know who Zaotar is or where he came from, but I've been wanting bigmo to respond to Zaotar's beautiful posts for days. He's ignoring every post he can't think of an answer for. Grin
     Reply #64 - July 06, 2014, 01:39 PM

Hmm... May be he is putting on a burkha and trying to see if some guy could apply that verse 4:34  on him  under that burkha.. for not wearing the burkha properly... 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #65 - July 06, 2014, 02:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLrSCZC3aU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXP2Ab2quf8

A coin has two sides....

Reply #66 - July 06, 2014, 02:55 PM

Well, one woman lives in an Islamic country and experience what Islamic ideology and values, based on actual Islamic sources, does to people and how they shape society, attitudes and people. The other one lives in the west, enjoys rights that were given to her by the toil by generations before her, and then talks about a non-existent "ideal" that is innacurate and false.

So yeah, there are two sides of the same coin. Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #67 - July 06, 2014, 03:03 PM

So, basically, there is no inequality in Islam, because it's men that have to take care of women and it makes sense for men to have more rights because they have bigger muscles, and it's only fair that a man should be able to have sex with his wife any time he wants since he's the provider.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #68 - July 06, 2014, 03:05 PM

You actually managed to listen to that shit? I gave up after 2 minutes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #69 - July 06, 2014, 03:09 PM

Two sides indeed, Although I had to laugh at the second video  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

A virgin talking about sex like she knows SO much. Ye that chic is a virgin.

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #70 - July 06, 2014, 03:09 PM

I made it to 4 mins. The part where she's defending rape.

Reply #71 - July 06, 2014, 03:26 PM

Since when does sex = love, wtf is this woman saying.

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

Reply #72 - July 06, 2014, 03:29 PM

Oh my sex=love? Isn't that the ideology of the dirty Westerners Roll Eyes?
     Reply #73 - July 06, 2014, 03:38 PM

She's just an annoying kid with nothing between the ears. I doubt she even believes what she's saying, or even understands it.

Reply #74 - July 06, 2014, 03:43 PM

I think she is just naive and living in the muslim box, I was like that once. There are alot of generalizations as a muslim, like men are SO sexual and nothing can stop them, I have come to realise even as a muslim that a lot of woman are more sexual active or have bigger sex drives then their partners. Thats just one of the many generalizations the muslim world makes, it really comes from a lack of real world experience and living within a box of ideals

Reply #75 - July 06, 2014, 03:45 PM

I dont think something like love even exists in Islam.
    I see it around me. Love is evil, bad.
    Dont just women in Islamic culture want to secure their future through marriage?
    I might be wrong, but most of the time this is what I see in islamic culture.
    I doubt that a girl would go to their parents and say
    "There's this guy who I love  and I want to marry him".
    Because usually parents choose the husband for their daughter, rarely it is the opposite
     Reply #76 - July 06, 2014, 03:49 PM

Well yes and no, it depends on the culture as well, I can't say its the same everywhere
    I found my own first husband and know a lot of woman who chose their own partners.

But strictly speaking who are and are not allowed to love is very strict, also you not allowed to love anyone more then allah and mo.

I wouldn't say love isnt allowed just very restricted

Reply #77 - July 06, 2014, 03:51 PM

Hmm INcePtion always raises some weird points  .. that girl is weird..

well some Muslims thinks  there are verses in Quran that teach love.. let me put them here ..

Quranic verses that teach love and compassion

"0 you who believe, fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those who came before you so that you might become aware of the limits set by God.
    (Fast for) a specific number of days; but if any of you are ill or on a journey, then (fast) some other days.

Those who find it too difficult should pay redemption by feeding an indigent person. As for the one who does even more out of goodness - that is better for him, if you only knew.
    It is the month of Ramadan during which we revealed the Qur'an as a guide to humanity, a clarification of guidance and a criterion."(Baqara; 2:183-185)

that apparently is a love and compassion verse  and here is another one..

The spiritual equality of men and women is unequivocally affirmed in the following passage, which is said to have been revealed after a female companion of the Prophet expressed concern that the Qur'an spoke primarily to and about men:

"Indeed the Muslim men and the Muslim women,
    and the believing men and the believing women,
    and the devout men and the devout women,
    and the honest men and the honest women,
    and the patient men and the patient women,
    and the humble men and the humble women,
    and the charitable men and the charitable women,
    and the fasting men and the fasting women,
    and the chaste men and the chaste women,
    and the men who remember God frequently and the women who remember;
    For them, God has prepared forgiveness and a magnificent reward." (Sura Ahzab 33:35)

So love is leaking here and there...

Reply #78 - July 06, 2014, 03:53 PM

I don't think so either, islamic marriage is like a business contract created to have kids to keep the ummah thriving, sure theres many other reasons but love is last on the list of priorities.  I think romantic love barely exists between partners in an islamic marriage, first comes the love of Allah and his prophet, the brothers at the masjid, wife last.. that is if he can fit her in after Isha prayer.. sorry i'm generalizing again :/
     Reply #79 - July 06, 2014, 03:57 PM

.........ummah thriving.....  Mullah.... .Allah ............ prophet, ............the brothers.............masjid, ...............

Cult and cult behavior.. 

worst in that group is the "THESE BATTERY POWERED CHICKENS WITH POT BELLIES " that make noise in mosques  out of Quran and hadith..

Reply #80 - July 06, 2014, 04:00 PM

lol love you Yezeevee youre funny   : )
     Reply #81 - July 06, 2014, 04:44 PM

Dont just women in Islamic culture want to secure their future through marriage?
    I might be wrong, but most of the time this is what I see in islamic culture.
    I doubt that a girl would go to their parents and say
    "There's this guy who I love  and I want to marry him".
    Because usually parents choose the husband for their daughter, rarely it is the opposite

It depends.
     Reply #82 - July 06, 2014, 04:49 PM

"It takes two women to make one man's strength." Lol, she spews this Islamic BS like its a fact. Don't humans have like the least dimorphism amongst primates or summat? And the lame way she tries to justify marital rape and the messed up gender relations Islam promotes *facepalm*. Yay, as a woman in Islam you get to be a glorified maid/child, basically. You'll be looked after and in exchange cede your freedom. Being a glorified eternal child = equality and liberation Roll Eyes No thank you! 
     Reply #83 - July 06, 2014, 05:12 PM

1) 'Women had the right to vote'.

Nobody had the right to vote dickhead. There was no voting system. 'Ijma' does not equal representative democracy, rather it is a pre-Islamic tribal custom. The reason why Abu Bakr was the successor to the Prophet is because of all the companions he was considered one of the most closest to him AND because according to tribal custom the eldest (wisest) would lead. There was no gathering of votes or even consultation with women at all.

2) 'We have the right to be spoiled'

Well done for categorising yourself alongside Paris Hilton. Dumb ass.

3) 'It takes two women to be equal to one mans strength so if you think about it...'

No, please stop right there. For that reason you will abdicate your rights as a woman and allow the man to go out and work and you remain in the home? It should be your choice to do that and not something mandated by a totalitarian system.

4) 'A man is doing everything for you...the least you can do is give him that...'

When women justify rape. You should give it! 'Give the man a break'. Wow, women do not have a right to say no! Hahahahaha! And you don't want to have sex then lay down like a 'dead starfish' because you are being 'ungrateful'.

5) 'When a man works he has to share his profit with his wife, but when a woman works she doesn't have to share with him at all'.

Institutionalised discrimination is the way to go folks!

6) 'If a man has two daughters and they are bought up as Muslimah then he gets to go to Heavan.'

Then why did Allah curse some men with impotency? Not to mention that the Quran forbids adoption (calling the child legally your son or daughter).

7) 'The mother is more important than the father'

Therefore, all you barren women need to try harder! Do your job properly and procreate!!!

Cool 'Women overall are amazing'.

Good point.

Anyway, at least she's fit.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #84 - July 06, 2014, 05:21 PM

Bigmo it's obvious. Only men are allowed the privilege. And if my husband commits adultery I will simply leave him on his own path. Why should I beat him? I am not a tyrant.

But the verses about adultery says that both the adulterer and adulteress should be punished if adultery is proven.

So why can't men also be beaten if a woman has suspicion and fear about his behavior?

And if the slanderer or accuser who makes the allegation against someone of adultery can get 80 lashes for not providing four witnesses to prove his allegation, why can't we also demand the man who beats his women to provide four witnesses to justify his fear and suspicion.

This all makes no sense and you all know that. The Quran is not a comic book talking out of his head.

Why is it OK to beat a women with no supporting evidence and not do the same with adultery even if its witnessed?

Reply #85 - July 06, 2014, 05:23 PM

"It takes two women to make one man's strength." Lol, she spews this Islamic BS like its a fact. Don't humans have like the least dimorphism amongst primates or summat? And the lame way she tries to justify marital rape and the messed up gender relations Islam promotes *facepalm*. Yay, as a woman in Islam you get to be a glorified maid/child, basically. You'll be looked after and in exchange cede your freedom. Being a glorified eternal child = equality and liberation Roll Eyes No thank you! 

Less dimorphic than Gorillas but more dimorphic than Bonobos. I think socially we should be like Bonobos though; they solve conflicts in groups through sex.

It is all in the testicle size.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/10603957/Large-testicles-mean-greater-infidelity-research-finds.html

Reply #86 - July 06, 2014, 05:29 PM

But why would this torturer give people eternal paradise?

Would you place such a reward on anyone?

You seem to like logical fallacies - the one above is called The Red Herring Fallacy: An argument that is irrelevant and intended to replace the lack of real arguments or to replace implicitly the subject of the discussion.

However, I shall humour you.

Why would this torturer give people eternal paradise? Well it's obviously the old stick & carrot approach that has been used down the centuries.

Would I place such a reward on anyone? You mean eternal paradise? Well if I was a divine and all powerful being who created some creatures, then yes I would want them to live happily for as long as possible - and I certainly wouldn't torture any of them - even if they were bad - not even for a day, an hour or a minute. Which then makes me more merciful than the God who claims to be "The Most Merciful of those who show Mercy."

Now tell me honestly Bigmo - and I mean, really be honest with yourself - do you not admit that Hell is an excessively cruel punishment and cannot be in any way the act of someone who claims the title "The Most Merciful of those who show Mercy".

No more fallacious arguments please - just be honest to yourself , as well as me.
  • Re: 4:34 To Hit or not to Hit, that is the question
     Reply #87 - July 06, 2014, 05:41 PM

But the verses about adultery says that both the adulterer and adulteress should be punished if adultery is proven.

So why can't men also be beaten if a woman has suspicion and fear about his behavior?

I'm gonna post this again since you ignored it the first time:

4:34 specifically says only what a husband may do to his wife. The entire verse is about establishing the husband's position of authority and control over his wife. There is nothing in that verse to suggest the same is true for wives.

24:2 specifically says both man and woman. Moreover, it is not speaking of a domestic environment where a husband can exercise the authority established in 4:34. It is instead speaking of an actual crime and how the wider community must deal with it.

Do you understand these important differences?

Reply #88 - July 06, 2014, 05:42 PM

Hey Bigmo, I would like you take a look at this video about Hell and tell me what you think. It is by Qualia Soup and I remember seeing it quite a few years ago now when I myself was losing my faith. I remember how it struck me; 'why hadn't I realised before how absurd and ridiculous the concept of Hell was' - but that's the power of faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaL7CkQaQpU
     Reply #89 - July 06, 2014, 06:45 PM

^ That's a rather brilliant and powerful video. Thanks for introducing it to us!
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »