Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Bigmo in the house

(Read 24411 times)
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Bigmo in the house
     OP - June 29, 2014, 02:01 PM

Yeah I am what they call a Koranist. I noticed many here have a misunderstanding of what a Koranist is. A Koranist is someone who does not accept any tradition or legalism that contradicts the Quran and believes anything we need for our salvation is spelled out in the Quran. So it is not just only looking at Quran. Quranist can look at many sources whether Islamic, or not. Even archaeological and modern science. But nothing to them is binding except explicit verses of the Quran and never do they accept what contradicts an explicit verse of the Quran. What is not explicit can have variant interpretations.

I used to be a Sunni myself so I have no beef with Sunnis or even Shias. I did many researches and came to the conclusions that religion and scriptures are not necessarily the same. This is true of Judaism, Christianity or Islam. I used to be a Muslim Brotherhood supporter. I never was a salafi but was surrounded by many of them. But the internet exposed me to many different information that I did not know and would have never known if it was not for the free information available in the net. This is my way of giving back.

I became a Quranist about a decade ago. It took me quite some time to detox myself from Sunni Islam. It was a slow process and often i was never fortunate to have access to information. The Quranist persuasion is very much in its infancy and information is still developing. Plus Quranist are being persecuted in many countries and are forced underground. I truly believe this persuasion will storm the world soon and change the face of the Islamic world and more. We shall see.

This site calls itself ex-muslim. I am actaully an ex muslim myself depending how you understand muslim. Muslim in the Quran actually refers to monotheism.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #1 - June 29, 2014, 02:04 PM

Hey there, and welcome to the site. parrot

Do you pray salah?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #2 - June 29, 2014, 02:07 PM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #3 - June 29, 2014, 02:36 PM

Welcome to the forum Bigmo, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #4 - June 29, 2014, 02:47 PM

Welcome. Have a parrot. parrot

I think with the mantra of hadiths contradicting the quran, it's a very individualistic thing. One person's idea of what contradicts the quran isn't the same as another person's, so saying flat out "does not accept any tradition or legalism that contradicts the quran" actually tells me very little about you. Interpretation and what not.

Whether or not the quran only view storms the world really depends on how you view it. It won't ever become the majority, but it will be common to pick and choose hadith, a sort of make it up as you go along islam.

Out of curiosity, what brings you to CEMB instead of say sunni forum? Wouldn't it be more worthwhile to challenge the traditional view of believers?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #5 - June 29, 2014, 03:11 PM

Quick question, are you from the UK?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #6 - June 29, 2014, 03:27 PM

Quote from: Quod Sum Eris link=topic=26692.msg761491#msg761491 date=

Out of curiosity, what brings you to CEMB instead of say sunni forum? Wouldn't it be more worthwhile to challenge the traditional view of believers?

Great question.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #7 - June 29, 2014, 03:29 PM

I'm not saying he can't post here, he's perfectly free to do so. I'd like to think we're welcoming to others and open to debate. Just honestly curious.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #8 - June 29, 2014, 05:15 PM

Hey there, and welcome to the site. parrot

Do you pray salah?

Yeah twice a day.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #9 - June 29, 2014, 05:58 PM

Welcome. Have a parrot. parrot

I think with the mantra of hadiths contradicting the quran, it's a very individualistic thing. One person's idea of what contradicts the quran isn't the same as another person's, so saying flat out "does not accept any tradition or legalism that contradicts the quran" actually tells me very little about you. Interpretation and what not.

Whether or not the quran only view storms the world really depends on how you view it. It won't ever become the majority, but it will be common to pick and choose hadith, a sort of make it up as you go along islam.

I frequent Sunni forum a lot whenever I can. There is lots of hostility as there is some here too. But I get that from many sites even Christian sites although Christian are most tolerant after Liberals. Most of those who support me are non Muslims living in Islamic countries. They can't afford just to bash Islam since they have to live under it and they like Quranic Islam and I guess wish it could rule in the Islamic countries they live in. They are also very curious with Quranic Islam. They generally are very supportive of Quranist .

Generally I detected hostility from these groups with hostility intensity ranked from 1 to below.

1. Neocon Jews.
    2. Sunnis
    3. Atheist
    4. Shias
    5. Christians
    6. Liberals

I disagree about it becoming majority. I think it will be much sooner than you all think. The Sufism cover that protected Sunni Islam is coming off.

Interesting article about this by a Sunni who debated us.

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/this-is-how-islam-will-11195.html

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #10 - June 29, 2014, 06:00 PM

Quick question, are you from the UK?

No but I lived in America and studied there. R u Iranian? I noticed most ex Muslims are Iranians or am I wrong?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #11 - June 29, 2014, 06:02 PM

You are totally wrong. ExMuslims are every background, but there is a large population of exMuslims in California from Iran, they came out when the revolution occurred. So your impression might be from that, they have a lot of media and airtime.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #12 - June 29, 2014, 06:43 PM

No but I lived in America and studied there. R u Iranian? I noticed most ex Muslims are Iranians or am I wrong?

I don't know how you got that impression. There was a poll a few years back and I remember that the most populous group here are south Asian ex-Muslims in the UK IIRC.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #13 - June 29, 2014, 07:29 PM

anything we need for our salvation is spelled out in the Quran....

Welcome.

Could you explain what you mean by "salvation" and why do we need it?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #14 - June 29, 2014, 07:31 PM

I'm white and not an ex-muslim, I'm here because I'm interested in islam and I wish to support an often persecuted minority, as anyone with a shred of decency would.

I frequent Sunni forum a lot whenever I can. There is lots of hostility as there is some here too. But I get that from many sites even Christian sites although Christian are most tolerant after Liberals. Most of those who support me are non Muslims living in Islamic countries. They can't afford just to bash Islam since they have to live under it and they like Quranic Islam and I guess wish it could rule in the Islamic countries they live in. They are also very curious with Quranic Islam. They generally are very supportive of Quranist .

Being supportive of the quranist view and being supportive of the right to have, practise and voice your beliefs are two different things. I have nothing against you practising your faith as you see fit, but I imagine before you joined you knew what you said would be challenged. There is a difference to being hostile to you as a person and explaining why they find your beliefs and justifications silly. You're basically ignoring almost a millennia and a half of islamic history and theology in what you say. As you said, quran only muslims are quite a new thing, and considering the theology of the entire religion is not just the quran it's still something that's considered by many to be an odd stance. If you're going to throw so much of the theology away, why not chuck the whole thing? Of course, an argument can be made that most of the objectionable things in islam come from the hadiths, so there's that.

I am curious about your interactions with unbelievers. Throughout the quran there's talk about the believers, and the kaffir. It's important to note the quran makes a huge distinction. Those who aren't muslims are inferior. The quran compares non muslims as beasts of burden, on the same level as animals, and according to some preachers worse than animals.

Does this sit well with you?

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #15 - June 29, 2014, 07:59 PM

Welcome Bigmo, have a rabbit  bunny
    Looks like Idostic's intro was your que to join, at least he painted the 'Koranist' in a softer light than the traditional Sunni or Shia.
    You are totally wrong. ExMuslims are every background, but there is a large population of exMuslims in California from Iran, they came out when the revolution occurred. So your impression might be from that, they have a lot of media and airtime.

Yep, they suffered a horendeous time during the reveloution at the hands of the Fundies, and the liberal, or non fervant Shia religious types still do.
    I'm just wondering where you find instruction for 2 prayers a day? I'm sure many of my conventional 'Sunni' associates would find this idea outrageous.
    Final when you mention hostility from 'Neo Con Jews' if by that you mean 'Atlas Shrug Types', I totally get that.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #16 - June 29, 2014, 08:10 PM

Final when you mention hostility from 'Neo Con Jews' if by that you mean 'Atlas Shrug Types', I totally get that.
    They tend to see anything related to Islam as evil, even reformers and possible who know's some ex muslims too, maybe even anyone thats not 100 percent on their page. They like to stir things up and even fund bad feeling against muslims, so if there is such a thing as 'Islamaphobia' then this (not CEMB) would have to be it. This is why to me at least Pamela Geller's 'Atlas Shrug' is more of a hate site than anything else. Atlas Shrug rant over.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #17 - June 30, 2014, 12:28 AM

Welcome.

Could you explain what you mean by "salvation" and why do we need it?

Salvation from a religious perspective. This is because Islamic sects claim there are obligations not found in the Quran.

What I meant is anything you need for salvation on judgement day. Quranist Islam is a religious persuasion and not a secular one.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #18 - June 30, 2014, 12:30 AM

They tend to see anything related to Islam as evil, even reformers and possible who know's some ex muslims too, maybe even anyone thats not 100 percent on their page. They like to stir things up and even fund bad feeling against muslims, so if there is such a thing as 'Islamaphobia' then this (not CEMB) would have to be it. This is why to me at least Pamela Geller's 'Atlas Shrug' is more of a hate site than anything else. Atlas Shrug rant over.

Yes very much so. They now are the ideological elites of the Republican party. They came to be so when Reagan came to power. They believe in propaganda and deceit.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #19 - June 30, 2014, 12:32 AM

Welcome Bigmo, have a rabbit  bunny
    Looks like Idostic's intro was your que to join, at least he painted the 'Koranist' in a softer light than the traditional Sunni or Shia.Yep, they suffered a horendeous time during the reveloution at the hands of the Fundies, and the liberal, or non fervant Shia religious types still do.
    I'm just wondering where you find instruction for 2 prayers a day? I'm sure many of my conventional 'Sunni' associates would find this idea outrageous.

I pray two times because I find that convenient for me. Anyways the Islamic sects claim Muhammad prayed twice a day when he was in Mecca. So ask them where he got that from.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #20 - June 30, 2014, 12:38 AM

I'm white and not an ex-muslim, I'm here because I'm interested in islam and I wish to support an often persecuted minority, as anyone with a shred of decency would.
    Being supportive of the quranist view and being supportive of the right to have, practise and voice your beliefs are two different things. I have nothing against you practising your faith as you see fit, but I imagine before you joined you knew what you said would be challenged. There is a difference to being hostile to you as a person and explaining why they find your beliefs and justifications silly. You're basically ignoring almost a millennia and a half of islamic history and theology in what you say. As you said, quran only muslims are quite a new thing, and considering the theology of the entire religion is not just the quran it's still something that's considered by many to be an odd stance. If you're going to throw so much of the theology away, why not chuck the whole thing? Of course, an argument can be made that most of the objectionable things in islam come from the hadiths, so there's that.

I am curious about your interactions with unbelievers. Throughout the quran there's talk about the believers, and the kaffir. It's important to note the quran makes a huge distinction. Those who aren't muslims are inferior. The quran compares non muslims as beasts of burden, on the same level as animals, and according to some preachers worse than animals.

Does this sit well with you?

No I didn't quite expect the hostility as I was not aware I am dealing with many atheist. But then again its only a few active members. I don't see any real challenge but many here seemed to be influenced by Neocon ideology. Their arguments are very similar.

Quran understands believers and unbelievers as monotheism and those who don't believe in monotheism. The Quran says everyone will be judged fairly and everyone little seed of good he will face and every little seed of bad he will face. It says that many times. We all will be judged by our record. So I wouldn't worry about having a bad day in court.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #21 - June 30, 2014, 03:50 AM

Salvation from a religious perspective. This is because Islamic sects claim there are obligations not found in the Quran.

What I meant is anything you need for salvation on judgement day. Quranist Islam is a religious persuasion and not a secular one.

OK thanks, though I'm asking for a fuller explanation of salvation from the Quranist viewpoint.

Salvation usually means avoiding Hell and achieving Paradise. I'm just curious to know what you - as a Quranist - mean by it, and why we need to be saved and what exactly do we need to be saved from?

Do you believe in Hell?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #22 - June 30, 2014, 05:57 AM

before leaving Islam, i was Quranist for quite a while. by your understanding of "muslims" i can say you're a non-ritualist Quranist?  or am i wrong?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #23 - June 30, 2014, 06:07 AM

Yes, imho Quranism is just one of the common stages to losing one faith entirely that many ex-Muslims go through..
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #24 - June 30, 2014, 07:33 AM

^He says that he became a quranist about a decade ago...long intermediate then
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #25 - June 30, 2014, 07:37 AM

No I didn't quite expect the hostility as I was not aware I am dealing with many atheist. But then again its only a few active members. I don't see any real challenge but many here seemed to be influenced by Neocon ideology. Their arguments are very similar.

I have to disagree with you there, most people posting on this site are 'liberated minds' just because many find some or even all of the Koran objectionable and share this trait with neo cons, doesn't make them neo con influenced.

Although not keeping with conventional doctrine, I would have to agree that 2 prayers a day is a far saner amount than 5. If I were setting up my own religion I think 2 prayers a day would suffice. Perhaps it's my early Christian influence speaking but when I converted to Islam I always found 5 times a day to be excessive and sometimes not really even feasible.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #26 - June 30, 2014, 07:55 AM

Welcome Big Mo! So do you reject evolution and support wife beating?

Why do you think the Quran is true?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #27 - June 30, 2014, 08:04 AM

Welcome bigmo parrot

You won't find too much support for neocon ideology here; we're mostly liberals. Just because most of us are highly critical of Islam, and Islamism in particular, doesn't mean that we hate Muslims or are right-wingers or wish war upon Muslim countries or anything of the sort. Pamela Geller/Robert Spencer types aren't popular here.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #28 - June 30, 2014, 08:05 AM

Welcome Big Mo! So do you reject evolution and support wife beating?

Why do you think the Quran is true?

TonyT wastes no time in going in for the kill Cheesy
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #29 - June 30, 2014, 08:36 AM

Welcome BigMo!

^ I lolled at TonyT's post.  Cheesy

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »