Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Koranic Law Versus Shariah Law - two different Islams

(Read 41553 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Koranic Law Versus Shariah Law - two different Islams
     Reply #270 - July 13, 2014, 11:30 AM

Most Muslims will find many of the posts here as offensive. That is not good if you want to educate people or even influence them towards your path. Maybe some see this forum as a way to express their hostility towards anything Islamic. Many Muslims will lave this forum equating leaving Islam with hostility towards anything Islamic. Many Muslims have families and friends who are Muslims and were Muslims themselves. So I am not sure what the benefit of such rhetoric will serve.

I have an alternative interpretation and I have some knowledge making it possible for me to counter. But I am using the Quran. many Muslims may be curious of who ex Muslims are and are going to leave this forum with a very negative attitude about ex Muslims are people who are consumed with hostility and even hate.

There are similarity between some of the arguments here and some of the Neocons like Ayaan Ali, Wafa Sultan, Robert Spencer, Franklin Graham, John Hagee and Deert Wilders. These guys do not care about what Muslims or anybody thinks, their audience are really American audiences most of all. As long as their audience support Israel against its enemies (who are all Muslims as we know) they are happy. But what many here are gaining is beyond me.

Muslims are programmed to feel that way about anyone who leaves and publically criticises Islam. After all, Islam teaches that those who do that are the lowest of the low, and deserving of being killed.

The hate is all one way as far as murtads are concerned, and it comes in our direction, and is propounded by you in your disingenuous, passive aggressive dirge.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #271 - July 13, 2014, 11:38 AM

Most Muslims will find many of the posts here as offensive. That is not good if you want to educate people or even influence them towards your path. Maybe some see this forum as a way to express their hostility towards anything Islamic. Many Muslims will lave this forum equating leaving Islam with hostility towards anything Islamic. Many Muslims have families and friends who are Muslims and were Muslims themselves. So I am not sure what the benefit of such rhetoric will serve.

That's because you are operating on a paradigm where any kind of rational scrutiny and criticism of your dogma system is potentially offensive. And where any kind of honest testimony of experience under the influence of that dogma system, by those who have first-hand experience of it and have broken free, is inconvenient for your own narrative and a detriment to your ability to do Islamic PR.

The truth only hurts if the lie is preferable.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #272 - July 13, 2014, 11:40 AM

That's because you are operating on a paradigm where any kind of rational scrutiny and criticism of your dogma system is potentially offensive. And where any kind of honest testimony of experience under the influence of that dogma system, by those who have first-hand experience of it and have broken free, is inconvenient for your own narrative and a detriment to your ability to do Islamic PR.

The truth only hurts if the lie is preferable.

like a right hook knock out from Floyd Mayweather

God is Love.

Reply #273 - July 13, 2014, 11:48 AM

I have an alternative interpretation and I have some knowledge making it possible for me to counter. But I am using the Quran. many Muslims may be curious of who ex Muslims are and are going to leave this forum with a very negative attitude about ex Muslims are people who are consumed with hostility and even hate.

There are similarity between some of the arguments here and some of the Neocons like Ayaan Ali, Wafa Sultan, Robert Spencer, Franklin Graham, John Hagee and Deert Wilders. These guys do not care about what Muslims or anybody thinks, their audience are really American audiences most of all. As long as their audience support Israel against its enemies (who are all Muslims as we know) they are happy. But what many here are gaining is beyond me.

I used to think the same when i first joined, like where are the theological debates etc but in my ignorance i quickly realized that cemb is a place for ex muslims who are either very opressed at home, depressed, suicidal, beaten up both mentally and physically, may be full of anger, and have come here to vent or let off steam, it will appear hostile to someone like yourself who has no problem being a muslim.  
    To be honest, i have'nt really seen you give a detailed explanation about your beliefs for anyone to even begin a discussion with you, all i see is you posing questions in order to make us re-think our Islam so you can save us from apostacy,  not sure what your agenda is ?   i am interested in what your beleifs are as a quranist or reformer but i dont see anything to read about...   (sorry i'm sounding a bit rude)

x
     Reply #274 - July 13, 2014, 11:51 AM

I used to think the same when i first joined, like where are the theological debates etc but in my ignorance i quickly realized that cemb is a place for ex muslims who are either very opressed at home, depressed, suicidal, beaten up both mentally and physically, may be full of anger, and have come here to vent or let off steam, it will appear hostile to someone like yourself who has no problem being a muslim.  

Except its not really that at all. Criticism of Islam here is very measured and accurate. When those who leave Islam are dehumanised in the core texts and traditions, any critical scrutiny of Islam is filtered through that glass of projecting hatred.

Shattering taboos always leads to cognitive dissonance and hysteria. The taboo of leaving and criticising Islam is what is causing the screeds and nonsense of bigmo here.

God is Love.

Reply #275 - July 13, 2014, 12:18 PM

Yes true, true i was only looking from one angle..

X
     Reply #276 - July 13, 2014, 12:27 PM

The Quran says that every deed will appear on judgement day and all deeds will be put to a scale.

And fear a Day when you will be returned to Allah . Then every soul will be compensated for what it earned, and they will not be treated unjustly. 2.281

So how will it be when We assemble them for a Day about which there is no doubt? And each soul will be compensated [in full for] what it earned, and they will not be wronged. 3.25

It is not [attributable] to any prophet that he would act unfaithfully . And whoever betrays, will come with what he took on the Day of Resurrection. Then will every soul be [fully] compensated for what it earned, and they will not be wronged. 3.161

So then we have a contradiction in the Quran., between the verses you have claimed above, and the Verses Quran 18 100-105

Do good atheists/hindus/scientologists/mormons get to go to heaven, in which case, belief is unnecessary, or do our good deeds count for nothing? Both cannot be true, which means you are simultaneously holding contradictory positions.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #277 - July 13, 2014, 02:28 PM

Most Muslims will find many of the posts here as offensive. That is not good if you want to educate people or even influence them towards your path. Maybe some see this forum as a way to express their hostility towards anything Islamic. Many Muslims will lave this forum equating leaving Islam with hostility towards anything Islamic. Many Muslims have families and friends who are Muslims and were Muslims themselves. So I am not sure what the benefit of such rhetoric will serve.....

There are similarity between some of the arguments here and some of the Neocons like Ayaan Ali, Wafa Sultan, Robert Spencer, Franklin Graham, John Hagee and Deert Wilders......

Exactly what is so offensive and can you give example of the similarities you mentioned? In what way are we "hostile"?

PS: Bigmo you have systematically ignored every post and question for me where I ask you to please explain this or that, or illustrate how an apparent contradiction is not a contradiction. I just hope you will at least give the courtesy and answer this very simple question. I am genuinely interested in what way CEMB has posted offensive info or opinions. And personally, I find CEMB to be the most well-balanced and intelligent forum where you can discuss religion and Islam in particular. So you saying that we have similarities with far-right idiots makes me wondering what exactly you're talking about...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #278 - July 13, 2014, 02:30 PM

Exactly what is so offensive and can you give example of the similarities you mentioned? In what way are we "hostile"?

For some fools., "everything, every post in fact the existence of a forum like this is offensive"..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #279 - July 13, 2014, 08:14 PM

Examples? Quote some?

People who hold a religion as a true fact which also forms part of their world-view upon it will find many things said offensive. We are questioning not only religion but a fundamental part of a individual's personality. A criticism of their religion can also be seen as an act on themselves. A discussion becomes personal for many before it even starts because it is about religion. As all religions do Islam has created a paragon out of Mo, one to be like, to learn from. Now if we find out Mo is not a paragon or there are alternatives we are knocking over the pedestals figures like Mo have been placed on. This is upsetting for many people. Many, including myself, have called you dishonest. Again this become personal as we are questioning your ability to analyse not just your own view but opposing views. As above I have no doubt people will find opposing views offensive. Such is a problem of any enshrined and institutionalised concept as religion. It becomes ingrained in people and their society. If the question of religion were to be solved in a peaceful, logical and rational way there would be only one religion or no religion. However not everyone has knowledge of history, philosophy, theology, etc. Do you think such an answer would be in favour of Islam or against? Would you accept evidence against Islam from say archaeology or would you attempt to find refuge in any grey area?

Let me ask you this. In archaeology Moses has be dismissed a mythic figure. The major events of his life have no basis in history. The major ideas about the Hebrews are of a Canaanite culture in the hinterlands of Canaan which emerged as an individual culture during the Bronze Age 2 collapse. There was never a mass enslavement, never an exodus, never a conquest. Do you accept or reject this external data?
     Reply #280 - July 13, 2014, 09:22 PM

So then we have a contradiction in the Quran., between the verses you have claimed above, and the Verses Quran 18 100-105

Do good atheists/hindus/scientologists/mormons get to go to heaven, in which case, belief is unnecessary, or do our good deeds count for nothing? Both cannot be true, which means you are simultaneously holding contradictory positions.

The Quran sees faith as determining behavior. That is why you will see verses like they don't help the poor and they do not pray etc. Or they walked away with arrogance as if they did not hear the message etc.

Having said that some here do have deep hostilities in them and I wonder if empowered how they will behave towards the believers. But that is hypothetical.
     Reply #281 - July 13, 2014, 09:25 PM

To be honest, i have'nt really seen you give a detailed explanation about your beliefs for anyone to even begin a discussion with you, all i see is you posing questions in order to make us re-think our Islam so you can save us from apostacy,  not sure what your agenda is ?   i am interested in what your beleifs are as a quranist or reformer but i dont see anything to read about...   (sorry i'm sounding a bit rude)

x

Not rude but blind. All these posts and you still do not know what i believe?. Mind you I am assuming many here are ex Muslims so I am making that assumption that many here come from Muslim background.
     Reply #282 - July 13, 2014, 09:27 PM

Most of us here live with believers, and love them, So that is sort of ridiculous, to wonder how any of us behave towards believers. If you want Muslim bashers you should search elsewhere. That's not us, and most of us would leave if it were like that here. There is plenty of that going on elsewhere.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #283 - July 13, 2014, 09:36 PM

'Most of us here live with believers, and love them, So that is sort of ridiculous, to wonder how any of us behave towards believers. If you want Muslim bashers you should search elsewhere. That's not us, and most of us would leave if it were like that here. There is plenty of that going on elsewhere. "

I am not sure about that.

"I used to think the same when i first joined, like where are the theological debates etc but in my ignorance i quickly realized that cemb is a place for ex muslims who are either very opressed at home, DEPRESSED, suicidal, beaten up both mentally and physically, may be full of anger, and have come here to vent or let off steam, it will appear hostile to someone like yourself who has no problem being a muslim.  "

Lol! So that is what its about.

Only problem is that I am the wrong person to let off steam at. At least not with Quranic Islam. Maybe that is what aggravates many here against me.

Quran is peace, justice, equality, freedom and mercy.
     Reply #284 - July 13, 2014, 09:51 PM

You can be angry yet still love bigmo.
     Reply #285 - July 13, 2014, 10:15 PM

But not according to the dictionary that most people use.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #286 - July 13, 2014, 11:29 PM

'Most of us here live with believers, and love them, So that is sort of ridiculous, to wonder how any of us behave towards believers. If you want Muslim bashers you should search elsewhere. That's not us, and most of us would leave if it were like that here. There is plenty of that going on elsewhere. "

"I used to think the same when i first joined, like where are the theological debates etc but in my ignorance i quickly realized that cemb is a place for ex muslims who are either very opressed at home, DEPRESSED, suicidal, beaten up both mentally and physically, may be full of anger, and have come here to vent or let off steam, it will appear hostile to someone like yourself who has no problem being a muslim.  "

Only problem is that I am the wrong person to let off steam at. At least not with Quranic Islam. Maybe that is what aggravates many here against me.

Bigmo, you are an absolute a**hole for quoting me like that, i have no time for you anymore. So i wish they would ban you, like instantly... Such arrogance !!  you obviously have no idea what it is like to have been mistreated as many of us have here, myself, i was beaten regularly in the name of this backward regime .. I think you must be mentally retardedl to state the above.. 

He shouldnt be tolerated anymore

:(
     Reply #287 - July 13, 2014, 11:49 PM

It is not the murtads who are beating up on us, in the majority of cases. Most of us have been abused by Muslims. That does not translate into hate or violence. Would we become the abuser? Our issue is with Islamic doctrine, that our loved ones would see abuse towards us as the Islamically correct action. If violence were not a theme, if hate were not a theme, if discrimination were not pervasive in Quran, perhaps we would be treated differently.

You are trying to prove an offshoot of a religion, Quranism is not Islam. Saying that everyone in history has got Islam wrong does no good now. Islam is historical fact, as is Classical Arabic and the common understanding of it.

You have become a gateway drug, like marijuana. You tell everyone it is all peace and light and you twist it how you want by whichever means, and some might believe you. Then they get hit with the hard stuff, the Muslims, who explain to them that billions of people understand Quran differently than they do, and that there is a body of knowledge that they overlook that puts Quran into historical context. Then they come across centuries of Quranic research, and they are blown away by the sheer volume of work that makes yours a drop. A drop that fell out of the bucket. And they jump in, to be true to the text.

You are an apologist. If Quran could be translated the way you do, it would be. Because the only thing that makes Islam at all acceptable is the Muslims. Despite our own experiences and despite atrocities committed in the world in it's name, the people who follow Islam have softened it, rounded it, and put a spin on it that makes it much more human and less cruel jealous God. Don't you think that Muslims would have, if they could possibly do so, already have interpreted it the way you do, knowing how desperately they want to please Allah, knowing all the research and dedication that has come before you?

This is why Quranism is for many of us the very last step before apostasy. We don't want Islam to be what it is. We don't want to leave our Ummah. We grasp at this straw, and when we find it to be, in fact, straw, we let it go. You cannot hold a wish in your hand.

Reply #288 - July 13, 2014, 11:51 PM

Bigmo, you are an absolute a**hole for quoting me like that, i have no time for you anymore. So i wish they would ban you, like instantly... Such arrogance !!  you obviously have no idea what it is like to have been mistreated as many of us have here, myself, i was beaten regularly in the name of this backward regime, bruises and broken bones  .. I think you must be mentally retardedl to state the above.. 

I am so sorry this has been your lot and experience. I can empathize, a bit. Nevermind this. We know.

Reply #289 - July 14, 2014, 12:07 AM

Thanks Three Smiley  I kind of overeacted for a minute..  :/

Reply #290 - July 14, 2014, 12:12 AM

I don't think so. I usually go apeshit when taken out of context. You react how you see fit.

Reply #291 - July 14, 2014, 12:15 AM

It was less than cool to "Lol!" at your attempts to explain a sensitive subject of yours to him, but pay him no mind, it's not worth it, suki. Weird tip: Bigmo is nicer to the people who are curt with him. Grin
     Reply #292 - July 14, 2014, 02:49 AM

Thanks Lua x  wasnt really thinking of me, my thoughts were of i think it was Schizo few weeks back downing bottles of bleach :/  bigmo laughed at this.. Just got to me for a sec..

X
     Reply #293 - July 14, 2014, 12:25 PM

Bigmo, you are an absolute a**hole for quoting me like that, i have no time for you anymore. So i wish they would ban you, like instantly... Such arrogance !!  you obviously have no idea what it is like to have been mistreated as many of us have here, myself, i was beaten regularly in the name of this backward regime .. I think you must be mentally retardedl to state the above.. 

Who are you to say what my life was like. What makes you think my life was any different. It probably was worse, the only difference I don't believe in taking it out on others. That is cowardice and evil.

I hate it when people think their life is any more miserable than others. What makes you think your life is any more different than anybody else. Anyone who has time to rant in the net lived a privileged life. All of us here are very lucky.

Never call me an arrogant person again. You don't know me.
     Reply #294 - July 14, 2014, 12:34 PM

It is not the murtads who are beating up on us, in the majority of cases. Most of us have been abused by Muslims. That does not translate into hate or violence. Would we become the abuser? Our issue is with Islamic doctrine, that our loved ones would see abuse towards us as the Islamically correct action. If violence were not a theme, if hate were not a theme, if discrimination were not pervasive in Quran, perhaps we would be treated differently.

You are trying to prove an offshoot of a religion, Quranism is not Islam. Saying that everyone in history has got Islam wrong does no good now. Islam is historical fact, as is Classical Arabic and the common understanding of it.

You have become a gateway drug, like marijuana. You tell everyone it is all peace and light and you twist it how you want by whichever means, and some might believe you. Then they get hit with the hard stuff, the Muslims, who explain to them that billions of people understand Quran differently than they do, and that there is a body of knowledge that they overlook that puts Quran into historical context. Then they come across centuries of Quranic research, and they are blown away by the sheer volume of work that makes yours a drop. A drop that fell out of the bucket. And they jump in, to be true to the text.

You are an apologist. If Quran could be translated the way you do, it would be. Because the only thing that makes Islam at all acceptable is the Muslims. Despite our own experiences and despite atrocities committed in the world in it's name, the people who follow Islam have softened it, rounded it, and put a spin on it that makes it much more human and less cruel jealous God. Don't you think that Muslims would have, if they could possibly do so, already have interpreted it the way you do, knowing how desperately they want to please Allah, knowing all the research and dedication that has come before you?

This is why Quranism is for many of us the very last step before apostasy. We don't want Islam to be what it is. We don't want to leave our Ummah. We grasp at this straw, and when we find it to be, in fact, straw, we let it go. You cannot hold a wish in your hand.

I don't see it that way. My arguments are pretty solid Quranic wise but some made their minds up. No matter. As long as I feel that I responded Quranically than I don't mind. As long as my responses are all based on Quran.

The problem for many here is they feel the need to defeat me and prove me wrong. They usually claim I have the intention to sugar coat Islam but they never consider that they have the need to put grease on it. In the end without the Sunnah and abrogation I can never be defeated. I have done this so many times. My agenda in the end is to educate.

Rather than use this opportunity I am providing to educate themselves to the Koranic persuasion, some chose to spend the time discrediting me as much as possible. Many other Koranist will simply walk away. But that is not good. Prophets do not walk away and shrug their shoulders.
     Reply #295 - July 14, 2014, 12:42 PM

Wow bigmo, your arrogance always amazes me Smiley

I wish that YOU would try to see what everyone trying to TELL you and not that they are attacking you

We are a community here, we all have a love, bond and sympathy for the lives of others. We are humanist at heart, we do not attack each other

Since you have been here you have attacked many of the members here, I always feel sad when I encounter people like you who can not self reflect and see when they are wrong

I honestly don't care what religious views you hold dear, that is your own personal choice, but I must say the way you conduct yourself here has been atrocious.

I do wish you would take a minute to see how you have made horrible comments at too many members here, we are all human here Smiley No one really cares that you are a quranists bigmo, you could have easily made a lot of friends here if you had a better approach.

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #296 - July 14, 2014, 12:49 PM

"I used to think the same when i first joined, like where are the theological debates etc but in my ignorance i quickly realized that cemb is a place for ex muslims who are either very opressed at home, DEPRESSED, suicidal, beaten up both mentally and physically, may be full of anger, and have come here to vent or let off steam, it will appear hostile to someone like yourself who has no problem being a muslim.  "

bigmo

SMITE 2 for laughing at a member describing the abuse that Exmuslims use this forum to escape from.

Step out of line again and you're banned

God is Love.

Reply #297 - July 14, 2014, 01:11 PM

bigmo

SMITE 2 for laughing at a member describing the abuse that Exmuslims use this forum to escape from.

Step out of line again and you're banned

I said I will be banned anyways. It always ends like that when there is no way to counter me in forums designed to attack Islam. I have seen this many times. They initial welcome you and then they start attacking and when they realize I am able to counter the arguments one by one then they feel the need to silence me. Especially when many people are reading my threads.

The Quran can not be defeated and the arguments here has been simplistic and not challenging.

The sad part is my impression about ex Muslim so far has been very negative.

So much hate and resentment. Very depressing.
     Reply #298 - July 14, 2014, 01:30 PM

Reading your past posts, I'm seriously wondering whether you're a troll  whistling2

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
     Reply #299 - July 14, 2014, 01:37 PM

Lol no nAz, he is for real, just a bit one track minded and hates ex muslims  Cheesy

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »