Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Koranic Law Versus Shariah Law - two different Islams

(Read 41670 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Koranic Law Versus Shariah Law - two different Islams
     Reply #60 - June 29, 2014, 10:17 PM

Unfortunately not, as they say "shit happens".
     Reply #61 - June 29, 2014, 10:26 PM

Good intention doesn't always translate to good practice, unfortunately.

And what name will the child have? Who will the mother tell him is his or her father. The issue is much more than just money. The man claimed that he was not the father and that they were never married.  He threw the contract away and it was the woman's father who fought for her in courts. She never told her family she had such arrangement. All the man had to do was deny. They used DNA to prove it but only because of public pressure and her family support. She was not concerned about money, she wanted her child to know his father and to be recognized by law as such.

Thats why US laws have child support. They basically applied Quranic law regardless of any arrangement.
     Reply #62 - June 29, 2014, 10:43 PM

Thats why US laws have child support. They basically applied Quranic law regardless of any arrangement.

Cheesy

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #63 - June 29, 2014, 10:47 PM

And what name will the child have? Who will the mother tell him is his or her father. The issue is much more than just money. The man claimed that he was not the father and that they were never married.  He threw the contract away and it was the woman's father who fought for her in courts. She never told her family she had such arrangement. All the man had to do was deny. They used DNA to prove it but only because of public pressure and her family support. She was not concerned about money, she wanted her child to know his father and to be recognized by law as such.

They haven't done that directly bigmo. Your interpretation of the Qu'ran from a Qu'ran only position has ended up converging with US law which has derived from a different route over time. There was probably little to no Islamic influence on that collective decision.
     Reply #64 - June 29, 2014, 11:29 PM

There is lots of similarity between US law and Quranic law because US law was influenced by Protestanism which take away the Trinity is the closest religious ideology to Quranist Islam. Europe was different as they have Catholic influence.

Yes, US laws is very similar to Quranic law.
     Reply #65 - June 29, 2014, 11:32 PM

Would you say we have evolved beyond the qu'ran in some aspects?
     Reply #66 - June 30, 2014, 12:14 AM

Sure, kids should know who their dad is, and it is who the mother says, as it has always been, before DNA tests. The name the child will have is the name he is given, children unfortunately do not pick their own names until they come of maturity. Though my son did have me call him Wolverine for a week last year.
    Child support in the US is not Shariah compliant. Child support is paid by either mother or father to the other partner who is the primary caregiver. Gender is not an issue. The same with alimony. 

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #67 - June 30, 2014, 12:17 AM

There is lots of similarity between US law and Quranic law because US law was influenced by Protestanism which take away the Trinity is the closest religious ideology to Quranist Islam. Europe was different as they have Catholic influence.

Sorry. US law is not static, and has nothing to do with any deities, plural or singular. The law is for the benefit of the people, rather than the benefit of a God. You can no longer say it evolved from Protestants. It is precedence based.

Reply #68 - June 30, 2014, 12:20 AM

the attempt to project Quran / Islam as the source / inspiration / origin of everything deemed to be good in the world is really funny, but sincerely felt

God is Love.

Reply #69 - June 30, 2014, 12:24 AM

..... US law .......Quranic law.... Protestanism ........the Trinity....... Quranist Islam. ... Catholic influence....

US Law......... Quranic Law.,  Protestanism., Catholic Law ...

Yesssss, US law  is very similar to Quranic law.

So where are these Quranic Laws? When, what time, which country   these laws  applied and  to which society?? what are the results if such society?

Hmm may be US laws are made from Quran..   They  do sound similar..

See these verses..

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

The Prophet is more worthy of the believers than themselves, and his wives are [in the position of] their mothers. And those of [blood] relationship are more entitled [to inheritance] in the decree of Allah than the [other] believers and the emigrants, except that you may do to your close associates a kindness [through bequest]. That was in the Book inscribed.

O wives of the Prophet, whoever of you should commit a clear immorality - for her the punishment would be doubled two fold, and ever is that, for Allah , easy.

Perhaps his Lord, if he divorced you [all], would substitute for him wives better than you - submitting [to Allah ], believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping, and traveling - [ones] previously married and virgins.

Did I read all that in   American Constitution... ?? We can pull out a ton of such verses ., Indeed it appears that laws made out of such verses are very close to AMRIKA constitution ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #70 - June 30, 2014, 12:36 AM

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because a nation or other system is similar to Islam does not mean it was based on Islam. Also Protestantism does not take away from the Trinity as a whole as Protestantism is a generic term not a denomination. Unitarianism is similar to Islam but this is a denomination. Unitarianism is certain not one of the major denominations  although some of the founding fathers were. However some were deist so one can not pin down a support system down to a single denomination. Keep stretching...
     Reply #71 - June 30, 2014, 12:38 AM

the attempt to project Quran / Islam as the source / inspiration / origin of everything deemed to be good in the world is really funny, but sincerely felt

I know, it is a sad thing, even while comical. I think it is part of that same persistent fairy story that people have to tell themselves in order to believe in the Great Sky Father. If it does not stem from Great Sky Father (even if via his envoys), then the story is a lie, so this is really necessary to keep up the delusion and make everything fit in the box of that particular faith. That is where I find it sad.

Reply #72 - June 30, 2014, 02:53 AM

Verses in support of this?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #73 - June 30, 2014, 03:02 AM

Verses in support of this?

And verily, We have sent among the US nation a Messenger Washington (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and pay child support." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some who joined the Tea Party. Surah Bald Eagle, Verse 13

Ameen.  yes

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #74 - June 30, 2014, 03:42 AM

I'd be quite interested in knowing your thoughts on surah 65 verse 4.

Muhsin Khan
    And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Shakir
    And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

Dr. Ghali
    And as for those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, in case you have any suspicion, then their (fixed) spell shall be three months, (along) with those who have not menstruated (as yet). And (as for) those with burden, (i.e., those who are pregnant) their term is when they bring forth their burden; and whoever is pious to Allah, He will make for him, of His Command, easiness.

popcorn

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #75 - June 30, 2014, 04:42 AM

Not really. America had slavery and there was very little women rights and labor rights. I was talking about the constitution. The limited government part is very Quranic as Quranic Islam does not believe in the authority of the state over the individual.

Protestant in that there are no requirements for clerics or religious institutions and believe people can approach scriptures by themselves and scripture is the highest authority.

Reply #76 - June 30, 2014, 04:46 AM

I'd be quite interested in knowing your thoughts on surah 65 verse 4.

(Clicky for piccy!)

Muhsin Khan
    And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Shakir
    And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

Dr. Ghali
    And as for those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, in case you have any suspicion, then their (fixed) spell shall be three months, (along) with those who have not menstruated (as yet). And (as for) those with burden, (i.e., those who are pregnant) their term is when they bring forth their burden; and whoever is pious to Allah, He will make for him, of His Command, easiness.

popcorn

I am not sure why you quoting that. This is talking about divorce. It should be finalized after some months passed before the partner can marry someone else so as to know whose child it is. A women can be pregnant by someone and then marry someone and people might not know whose father the child is.
     Reply #77 - June 30, 2014, 04:53 AM

US Law......... Quranic Law.,  Protestanism., Catholic Law ...

Yesssss, US law  is very similar to Quranic law.

So where are these Quranic Laws? When, what time, which country   these laws  applied and  to which society?? what are the results if such society?

Hmm may be US laws are made from Quran..   They  do sound similar..

See these verses..

(Clicky for piccy!)

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

(Clicky for piccy!)

The Prophet is more worthy of the believers than themselves, and his wives are [in the position of] their mothers. And those of [blood] relationship are more entitled [to inheritance] in the decree of Allah than the [other] believers and the emigrants, except that you may do to your close associates a kindness [through bequest]. That was in the Book inscribed.

(Clicky for piccy!)
    O wives of the Prophet, whoever of you should commit a clear immorality - for her the punishment would be doubled two fold, and ever is that, for Allah , easy.

(Clicky for piccy!)
    Perhaps his Lord, if he divorced you [all], would substitute for him wives better than you - submitting [to Allah ], believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping, and traveling - [ones] previously married and virgins.

Did I read all that in   American Constitution... ?? We can pull out a ton of such verses ., Indeed it appears that laws made out of such verses are very close to AMRIKA constitution ..

These verses are talking about the prophet's wives getting more reward or punishment than the average person. The same with prophets. What this has to do with all this is beyond me.

I am curious, where do you get these verses from because it seems that you are picking them from somewhere.

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other"

That is a wrong translation. It says "God has given preference for some over each other" and not one over the other. It used the same term when it talked about the prophets with some getting holy spirit and some receiving Quran and some having commands of wind and some talked to God. But also said we should not distinguish between any of them.

I am still not sure why these verses are quoted.

Reply #78 - June 30, 2014, 10:20 AM

Not really. America had slavery and there was very little women rights and labor rights. I was talking about the constitution. The limited government part is very Quranic as Quranic Islam does not believe in the authority of the state over the individual.

Protestant in that there are no requirements for clerics or religious institutions and believe people can approach scriptures by themselves and scripture is the highest authority.

Hilarious!

God is Love.

Reply #79 - June 30, 2014, 10:26 AM

I am not sure why you quoting that. This is talking about divorce. It should be finalized after some months passed before the partner can marry someone else so as to know whose child it is. A women can be pregnant by someone and then marry someone and people might not know whose father the child is.

I think you need to read the parts in bold. Basically an allowance for sex with pre-pubescent girls (without courses yet).

Do you think it is OK for a child to be married in all senses of the word?
     Reply #80 - June 30, 2014, 10:29 AM

These verses are talking about the prophet's wives getting more reward or punishment than the average person. The same with prophets. What this has to do with all this is beyond me.

I am curious, where do you get these verses from because it seems that you are picking them from somewhere.

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other"

That is a wrong translation. It says "God has given preference for some over each other" and not one over the other. It used the same term when it talked about the prophets with some getting holy spirit and some receiving Quran and some having commands of wind and some talked to God. But also said we should not distinguish between any of them.

Why should prophets and their families get more rewards or punishment than other Muslims or humans in general?

Why can't all get the holy spirit and talk to god? It would be more effective!
     Reply #81 - June 30, 2014, 12:05 PM

Yeeehaaa..  good day.. good day., what a wonderful day.,

Big Mo replies to little Mo... and frankly speaking people know very little about Prophet of Islam Big Mo.,  Did you realize that in your reading of Quran and reading of early Islamic history??  You are busy guy, a sort of Imam to CEMB folks.,  So please stay around to clear the doubts of brainless bums of cemb,  who never read anything about Islam/Quran/Haditha or d Islamic history..  Anyway thank your for the reply.,

So what say??

True you are riot.,  Don't you think being a good Muslim we should follow in the footsteps Prophet of Islam? And even make those verses that deals with the life of Prophet as laws for public so every one's home  will be  as good as Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) home??

Off course I am picking from some place., It is called Quran., Or may be from AMRIKA constitution..

Really??  was it a wrong translation?  well you have Arabic verse above it and you seem to be an expert of  Arabic language, so you can translate it yourself Big Mo

So there are words like "God", Holy spirit.,  commands wind  in that Arabic Quran? I didn't know that.. Winds are talking to Prophets., Sounds good to me.

well I thought., When you become AMRIKA senator or president I thought you can put them in its constitution.,

So because you started a thread to educate the folks about "Koranic Law Versus Shariah Law -" two different Islams"  let us read some from ooooold  Quran that deals with some laws and social justice
    Isaiah 1:17  

Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

Zechariah 7:9-10  

“Thus says the Lord of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.”

Jeremiah 22:3

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Proverbs 31:9  

Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Romans 12:15-18  

Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Micah 6:8  

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Proverbs 31:8-9  

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Luke 10:30-37  

Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him.

Matthew 7:12  

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Psalm 82:3  

Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.

1 John 3:17-18    

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

Amos 5:11-15    

Therefore because you trample on the poor and you exact taxes of grain from him, you have built houses of hewn stone, but you shall not dwell in them; you have planted pleasant vineyards, but you shall not drink their wine. For I know how many are your transgressions and how great are your sins— you who afflict the righteous, who take a bribe, and turn aside the needy in the gate. Therefore he who is prudent will keep silent in such a time, for it is an evil time. Seek good, and not evil, that you may live; and so the Lord, the God of hosts, will be with you, as you have said. Hate evil, and love good, and establish justice in the gate; it may be that the Lord, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Isaiah 58:6-12    

“Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Leviticus 19:15    

“You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

Ezekiel 16:49-50    

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

James 1:27    

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Luke 4:18-19    

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

Matthew 19:21    

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Deuteronomy 16:20    

Justice, and only justice, you shall follow, that you may live and inherit the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Deuteronomy 15:7-11    

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Amos 5:24    

But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

Proverbs 22:16    

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

Matthew 25:31-46    

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Matthew 5:3    

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Amos 5:21-24    

“I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen. But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

Proverbs 14:31    

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Galatians 3:28    

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 61:1    

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Micah 6:6-8    

“With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Proverbs 29:7    

A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.

James 5:1-5    

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

Proverbs 28:27    

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.

Jeremiah 22:13-17    

“Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages, who says, ‘I will build myself a great house with spacious upper rooms,’ who cuts out windows for it, paneling it with cedar and painting it with vermilion. Do you think you are a king because you compete in cedar? Did not your father eat and drink and do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him. He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well. Is not this to know me? declares the Lord. But you have eyes and heart only for your dishonest gain, for shedding innocent blood, and for practicing oppression and violence.”

Matthew 7:4    

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye?

Ezekiel 16:49    

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

Luke 11:39-42    

And the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also? But give as alms those things that are within, and behold, everything is clean for you. “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

Ezekiel 22:29    

The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.

Isaiah 42:3    

A bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice.[/i]

Romans 10:12    

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.

Acts 2:45    

And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.

Psalm 146:5-9    

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever; who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free; the Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the sojourners; he upholds the widow and the fatherless, but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

Proverbs 19:17    

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 1:1-17    

The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,

Leviticus 23:22    

“And when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, nor shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.”

Leviticus 19:10    

And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

Exodus 23:9    

“You shall not oppress a sojourner. You know the heart of a sojourner, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt.

Malachi 3:5    

“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

Amos 5:15    

Hate evil, and love good, and establish justice in the gate; it may be that the Lord, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Galatians 5:22-24    

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Luke 18:1-8    

And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’”

Matthew 25:35-36    

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’

Matthew 11:28    

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Isaiah 10:1-2    

Woe to those who decree iniquitous decrees, and the writers who keep writing oppression, to turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey!

Proverbs 24:11    

Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.

Deuteronomy 15:11    

For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Exodus 23:3    

Nor shall you be partial to a poor man in his lawsuit.

James 2:1-7  

My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

Matthew 5:46-47  

For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

Jeremiah 21:12  

O house of David! Thus says the Lord: “‘Execute justice in the morning, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed, lest my wrath go forth like fire, and burn with none to quench it, because of your evil deeds.’”

Job 5:15-17  

But he saves the needy from the sword of their mouth and from the hand of the mighty. So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.

James 4:1-3  

What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Matthew 5:38-45  

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

1 Timothy 5:1-25  

Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity. Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God. She who is truly a widow, left all alone, has set her hope on God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day,

Isaiah 2:3-4  

And many peoples shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

John 13:1-38  

Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end. During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him, Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going back to God, rose from supper. He laid aside his outer garments, and taking a towel, tied it around his waist. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

Deuteronomy 1:16-17  

And I charged your judges at that time, ‘Hear the cases between your brothers, and judge righteously between a man and his brother or the alien who is with him. You shall not be partial in judgment. You shall hear the small and the great alike. You shall not be intimidated by anyone, for the judgment is God's. And the case that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.’

Mark 10:42-45  

And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Anyways., You Big Mo you read Your KORAN., Me.. Little mo will read My Oooooold Quran and new Quran., .....old wine new bottle....   So we can help these STUPID AMERICANS to change their constitution with our Quranic Laws..

Please continue..

Reply #82 - June 30, 2014, 02:25 PM

You make me sick Bigmo. You hate fornication and adultery, but allow concubinage who according to you are like girlfriends without dowries and are inferior? Don't you know that there were male right hands possessed too? Why should a woman be forced to be a concubine just because she is your enemy? Is that a respectful position? I find it repulsive even in today's societies. You say God doesn't allow us to misuse this privilege. Well tell me how many men will listen to this false claim?

Why would one's hands be cut off for larceny? What an inhumane thing. And what has the cutting of the hands of the friends of Potiphar's wife got to do with it? They weren't committing any crime. Why do you consider fornication and homosexuality a crime? As long as all partners consent it is OK. But of course it shouldn't be allowed as extramarital affair. You can have four wives and unlimited concubines or as you say girlfriends, but you can't fornicate?

Why should women have the extra right to have four witnesses to prove her crime, if fornication is wrong? Why such a law was made just to tackle a specific problem of a specific place and time? Is Islam an Arabic religion?

Why should non-Muslims be forced to pay taxes for their protection or as they say as charity? I never really prayed when I was a Muslim. So what jizya do I have to pay? Perpetual genuflections hundred times? And don't you know that even atheists tithe?

Finally tell me this. Why not worshipping God is an unforgivable crime when God says He doesn't have any needs? He can forgive the heinous crimes of rape and murder and not this?
     Reply #83 - June 30, 2014, 02:28 PM

If the Bible allows slave concubinage then start worshipping Jesus Christ. I hate this hypocritical tactic of the Muslims cherry-picking other religions to establish their own.
     Reply #84 - June 30, 2014, 02:33 PM

You make me sick Bigmo. You hate fornication and adultery, but allow concubinage who according to you are like girlfriends without dowries and are inferior? Don't you know that there were male right hands possessed too? Why should a woman be forced to be a concubine just because she is your enemy? Is that a respectful position? I find it repulsive even in today's societies. You say God doesn't allow us to misuse this privilege. Well tell me how many men will listen to this false claim?

Why would one's hands be cut off for larceny? What an inhumane thing. And what has the cutting of the hands of the friends of Potiphar's wife got to do with it? They weren't committing any crime. Why do you consider fornication and homosexuality a crime? As long as all partners consent it is OK. But of course it shouldn't be allowed as extramarital affair. You can have four wives and unlimited concubines or as you say girlfriends, but you can't fornicate?

Why should women have the extra right to have four witnesses to prove her crime, if fornication is wrong? Why such a law was made just to tackle a specific problem of a specific place and time? Is Islam an Arabic religion?

Why should non-Muslims be forced to pay taxes for their protection or as they say as charity? I never really prayed when I was a Muslim. So what jizya do I have to pay? Perpetual genuflections hundred times? And don't you know that even atheists tithe?

Finally tell me this. Why not worshipping God is an unforgivable crime when God says He doesn't have any needs? He can forgive the heinous crimes of rape and murder and not this?

Concubines have nothing to do with forced marriage. Concubines in the Quran are marriages without dowry. It was practiced in Medina. Its actually a Judaic tradition that the people of Medina picked up. I have dealt with this issue in this thread in detail.
     Reply #85 - June 30, 2014, 02:34 PM

Wasn't the part of the qu'ran you based that on saying in the case of female POW? Why should they be concubines?
     Reply #86 - June 30, 2014, 02:37 PM

Concubines have nothing to do with forced marriage. Concubines in the Quran are marriages without dowry. It was practiced in Medina. Its actually a Judaic tradition that the people of Medina picked up. I have dealt with this issue in this thread in detail.

Yap .. Blame the Juice Big Mo.,  

Why?  I ask you why Big Mo??

may be  Allah/Muhammad and brainless bums of Islam who wrote Quran  didn't had brain to change ooold Judaic tradition??

Well yes.,  "All good things are from Mo and All bad things are from Juice"

Reply #87 - June 30, 2014, 02:40 PM

I think you need to read the parts in bold. Basically an allowance for sex with pre-pubescent girls (without courses yet).

Do you think it is OK for a child to be married in all senses of the word?

The Quran is talking about the menstruation period and divorce. Read the verse again and avoid these translations.

The Quran only recognizes marriage done when a person reached mental maturity and can understand the Quranic commands concerning marriage. The Quran was not sent to children or-immature people. The Quran does not recognize parental authority unless in case of manslaughter and the person is deceased. There it gave the family authority over compensation for the victim. The Quran did advice married couples to seek permission from family but its not a requirement.

Sunni Islam and Shia Islam and also Judaism believe in parental authority over marriage so for them the age to marriage is physical maturity. But that is not something the Quran recognizes.
     Reply #88 - June 30, 2014, 02:41 PM

Wasn't the part of the qu'ran you based that on saying in the case of female POW? Why should they be concubines?

It has nothing to do with POW. Boy, the Sunni influence in many of you is strong. Plus I realized you don't read my post. I have discussed this in detail.
     Reply #89 - June 30, 2014, 02:50 PM

...........Boy, the Sunni influence in many of you is strong.............

Yap that is fact.,

Sunni girls with their Sunnah have lot of influence on many in this forum..

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »