Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420269 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 73 74 7576 77 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #2220 - October 10, 2015, 06:48 AM

If you differentiate Christianity and Christianity, which is fine, you'll have to do the same with Islam.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2221 - October 13, 2015, 09:39 AM

Finally a good decision by USA.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34509793
     Reply #2222 - October 14, 2015, 01:19 AM

Now it is starting to look like Afghanistan- circa 1980s. Same background music, different front.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2223 - October 14, 2015, 09:45 PM

As YPG and its arab allies are preparing for an offensive to recapture Raqqa, Turkey has warned USA and Russia that it will intervene if the syrian kurds are crossing the Euphrates river.
     Reply #2224 - October 19, 2015, 09:57 AM

Isis Inc: how oil fuels the jihadi terrorists

Isis’ strategy has rested on projecting the image of a state in the making, and it is attempting to run its oil industry by mimicking the ways of national oil corporations. According to Syrians who say Isis tried to recruit them, the group headhunts engineers, offering competitive salaries to those with the requisite experience, and encourages prospective employees to apply to its human resources department.

Where are all the anti-corporate progressives to condemn this theocratic corporation of greed and cruelty?

"Belief can blunt human reason and common sense, even in learned scholars. What is needed is more impartial study." - Ali Dashti

https://certainlydoubtful1.wordpress.com/

https://twitter.com/certainlydoubt1
     Reply #2225 - October 23, 2015, 07:02 AM

Baiji recaptured by Iraqis forces.
    http://1001iraqithoughts.com/2015/10/22/baiji-district-recaptured-by-iraqs-forces-in-rapid-offensive/
     Reply #2226 - November 06, 2015, 06:24 PM

UCLU bans ex-student from giving talk about fighting against ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/university-college-london-union-officer-asad-khan-bans-macer-gifford-from-giving-students-isis-a6722431.html
     Reply #2227 - November 07, 2015, 02:13 AM

Maybe they should have just put Peshmerga under his name like the other guy. You would think they would block both of them from speaking... I wonder why they picked only him. Just for party affiliation?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2228 - November 13, 2015, 03:14 PM

Sinjar recaptured by Kurdish forces. Mosul is now cut off from Syria.
     Reply #2229 - November 13, 2015, 09:18 PM

Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2230 - November 14, 2015, 08:13 AM

Two more articles in The Atlantic Magazine.

How ISIS Spread in the Middle East:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/10/how-isis-started-syria-iraq/412042/

How ISIS Spread in the Middle East’: The Response:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/11/isis-syria-iraq-david-ignatius/415842/
     Reply #2231 - November 14, 2015, 12:28 PM

When I tried to debate IS supporters online, it ended with me being blocked all the time. Doubt inducing arguments is what they are afraid of.
     Reply #2232 - November 14, 2015, 12:44 PM

When I tried to debate IS supporters online, it ended with me being blocked all the time. Doubt inducing arguments is what they are afraid of.

hello Sky_W.... good to see you  online....  A link of that IS supporters forum would be useful...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2233 - November 14, 2015, 12:46 PM

Its not a forum, it was twitter. I could've debated in online forum, but instant banning would make registration useless. Most of their accounts seemed to be removed by twitter.
     Reply #2234 - November 16, 2015, 04:06 PM

ISIS held town rocked by popular unrest: https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports/566230-isis-held-town-rocked-by-popular-unrest-activists
     Reply #2235 - November 16, 2015, 04:43 PM

Confession of an ISIS spy: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/15/confessions-of-an-isis-spy.html
     Reply #2236 - November 19, 2015, 10:49 AM

Nov 13: At least 129 people are killed in Paris with over 350 wounded, most at a concert hall, but some at trendy restaurants and several near a national stadium. IS claims the attack, the worst in the history of Paris, calling it retaliation for France's role in US led airstrikes against IS in both Iraq and Syria.

Nov 12: Twin powerful suicide bombings tear through a crowded Shia neighbourhood of Beirut, killing 43 people and wounding more than 200 others. IS claims the attack.

Oct 31: A bomb downs a Russian airliner 23 minutes after it takes off from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh bound for the Russian city of St. Petersburg. The plane crashes in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, home to a potent IS affiliate, killing all 224 people on board, most of them Russian tourists. IS claims the attack.

Oct 10: Two suicide bombings kill at least 100 people at a peace rally in Ankara, Turkey. The attack was not claimed by IS but the Turkish prosecutor investigating the attack said it was carried out by a local IS cell.

Oct 6: Suicide car bombings targeting exiled Yemeni officials and the Saudi and Emirati troops backing their efforts to retake the country kill at least 15 people in the port city of Aden. A new IS affiliate claimed responsibility for the assault, which officials earlier blamed on Yemen's Shia rebels.

Aug 6: A suicide bomber attacks a mosque inside a police compound in western Saudi Arabia, killing 15 people in the deadliest attack on the kingdom's security forces in years. Eleven of the dead belonged to an elite counter-terrorism unit whose tasks include protecting the Haj pilgrimage. IS claimed the attack.

June 26: Gunman kills 38 tourists, mostly Britons, in the coastal resort of Sousse, Tunisia. In March, two attackers fired on tourists and others at Tunis' National Bardo Museum, killing 22 people. In a third attack the same day, a bomb rips through one of Kuwait's oldest Shia mosques during Friday prayers, killing 27. It was the first major terrorist attack in Kuwait in more than two decades and was claimed by IS.

May 29: A suicide bomber disguised as a woman blows himself up in the parking lot of the only Shia mosque in the Saudi port city of Dammam, killing four people. IS claimed the attack.

May 22: A suicide bomber strikes a Shia mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia as worshippers commemorate the birth of a revered saint, killing 21 people and wounding dozens more. The attack happened in the eastern Qatif region, the heartland of Saudi Arabia's Shia Muslim minority. It was the deadliest militant assault in the kingdom in more than a decade and was claimed by IS.

April 18: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani blames the IS group for a suicide bombing in the country that kills at least 35 people and wounds 125.

March 20: An emerging IS affiliate in Yemen claims a series of suicide bombings that kill 137 people and wound 345.

More than 800 lives abroad this year  and most of them were innocent Shia Muslims.. Alleged relatives having genealogical relation  with alleged  prophet of Islam ..

Reply #2237 - November 20, 2015, 07:02 PM

Mothers of ISIS recruits: http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/mothers-of-isis/
     Reply #2238 - November 21, 2015, 12:34 AM

How ISIS uses and abuses Islam: http://www.vox.com/2015/11/18/9755478/isis-islam
     Reply #2239 - November 21, 2015, 12:40 AM

Inside the surreal world of the Islamic State’s propaganda machine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/inside-the-islamic-states-propaganda-machine/2015/11/20/051e997a-8ce6-11e5-acff-673ae92ddd2b_story.html
     Reply #2240 - November 21, 2015, 10:18 PM

This is definitely worth reading - one of the clearest explanations I've seen for the rise of IS

Martin Chulov - Why ISIS fights

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/17/why-isis-fight-syria-iraq

That's a very interesting article.  It looks like Assad has successfully played the west.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2241 - November 21, 2015, 11:04 PM

"It looks like Assad has successfully played the West"

What do you mean by that?

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #2242 - November 21, 2015, 11:09 PM

You should really read the article zeca linked to, ExMuslimVlogGuy, it makes Assad's role in all this starkly clear. 

And welcome to the forum also.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2243 - November 21, 2015, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I just wanted your personal thoughts on why you think Assad is "playing the west?"

In my opinion, ISIS destroys everything thing they touch, including themselves.

I don't know much about Al-Assad and his particular "role." I know a lot about ISIS and their ideology though.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #2244 - November 22, 2015, 12:12 AM

You're right that ISIS destroy everything they touch, but as zeca's article makes quite clear, it was Assad who let them off the leash in the first place.

Reply #2245 - November 22, 2015, 12:35 AM

The faster they're dead and destroyed, the better. I say more power to assad if he strategized it

Reply #2246 - November 22, 2015, 12:54 AM

He didn't strategize their destruction, he strategized their creation to avoid being over thrown by secular opposition groups.  In the process he's made a mess of his own country which will take generations to clear up even if IS are defeated tomorrow, and unleashed an apocalyptic death cult onto the rest of the world.

Reply #2247 - November 22, 2015, 12:09 PM

So Assad invented the wheel?
     Reply #2248 - November 22, 2015, 12:21 PM

So Ass  ad invented the wheel?

well that invention is made by

Ass ad .. Ass_ ad's Dad...... and his dad...and his dad...and his dad...and his dad...and his dad...Caliphs...brain dead bums acting as Islamic scholars.. so on and on and on David..

Reply #2249 - November 22, 2015, 12:27 PM

And there was I, darling Yeez, trying to make a subtle-yet-devastating point, and you have to bring it all down to bottoms.
  • Previous page 1 ... 73 74 7576 77 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »