Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420289 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 29 30 3132 33 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #900 - September 09, 2014, 02:51 PM

Maajid Nawaz ‏@MaajidNawaz  Sep 7
    @ishipj ha ha, I said: *challenge* the idea that Islam is an ideology, not a religion. ie: we must oppose the those who say it's an ideology

Clarification from him.

https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/status/508603769526181888
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #901 - September 09, 2014, 04:08 PM

Wait but aren't religions ideologies though ?   

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #902 - September 09, 2014, 04:11 PM

Yup, religions ARE ideologies dressed up fancy.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #903 - September 09, 2014, 04:13 PM

Twitter just seems a pretty shitty way to communicate complex ideas.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #904 - September 09, 2014, 04:13 PM

Saying islam is a religion not an ideology is like saying  

" no that's not an organ that's a liver "

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #905 - September 09, 2014, 04:57 PM

Saying islam is a religion not an ideology is like saying  

" no that's not an organ that's a liver "

well   "All livers are organs but all organs are not livers"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #906 - September 09, 2014, 05:23 PM

Ignoring the fact that we don't believe in any god, I believe the difference is that a religion is "god"'s ideology, a divine ideology that remains -fairly- unchanged as it is for all purposes a perfect ideology.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #907 - September 10, 2014, 11:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggk-44GKb_0

We meet in Karbala and Najaf .. and mobilize its fighters to Baghdad 

great..great ., that is all what Islam is...

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #908 - September 11, 2014, 10:05 PM

Hey what do people think of this?

Obama strategy fails on Sunni-Shia divide

Barack Obama's failure to put the rise of Islamic State in the context of the broader Sunni-Shia dispute was a crucial, and revealing, oversight in his address, writes Tom Switzer.

For the third time in as many decades, the United States is leading a coalition of allies into Iraq. But unlike George HW Bush's liberation of Kuwait in 1991 - and like George W Bush's liberation of Iraq in 2003 - Barack Obama's war by any other name in 2014 is bound to fail.

In principle, any sane person supports the President’s campaign to "degrade and destroy" the jihadists in Iraq and Syria, most notably the so-called Islamic State. Most of us, as Vice-President Joe Biden has urged, would like to follow these barbarians "to the gates of hell until they are brought to justice".

But if one wants to be effective and not merely to feel virtuous, the process of eradicating what is essentially a disparate group of Sunni militants is complicated, potentially messy and fraught with the danger of unintended consequences. All the more so when we are dealing with an arbitrarily created state and ethnically and tribally divided society.

Few things are better calibrated to end insomnia than ruminations on the Sunni-Shia divide in Mesopotamia; and perhaps that is why the President neglected the subject in his address this morning (AEST). True, he had enough on his agenda, including his attempt to explain how a broad-based campaign of allies (that is nowhere near as wide-ranging as President Bush Sr's coalition in 1991) would use primarily air power to defeat the Islamist terrorists.

But the failure to put the rise of IS in the context of the broader Sunni-Shia dispute was a crucial, and revealing, oversight on the White House's part.

And the rest.

TBH I'm a/ a bit worried about this turning into yet another middle east debacle and b/ wondering why the fuck Arab militaries can't deal with this and want the West to do it for them and c/ thinking the most likely reasons for b/ are that they will be able to fall back on continuing to blame the West for all the region's problems, which will suit the current regimes in those countries very nicely.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #909 - September 11, 2014, 10:12 PM

I've renamed this thread as the name "ISIS" is a misnomer, and lots of people are really pissed off about their name/their company's name/the name of an ancient pagan goddess of love and fertility being associated with the scum shitface terrorists who call themselves "Islamic State".

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #910 - September 11, 2014, 10:13 PM

why the fuck Arab militaries can't deal with this and want the West to do it for them and c/ thinking the most likely reasons for b/ are that they will be able to fall back on continuing to blame the West for all the region's problems, which will suit the current regimes in those countries very nicely.

This.

It's so much easier for Arab & Muslim states to sit back, do next to nothing, and then blame the US or their favourite bogeyman "the West" for shit they themselves couldn't manage.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #911 - September 11, 2014, 10:14 PM

I've renamed this thread as the name "ISIS" is a misnomer, and lots of people are really pissed off about their name/their company's name/the name of an ancient pagan goddess of love and fertility being associated with the scum shitface terrorists who call themselves "Islamic State".

Good call. I'd always thought it was a bit of a bummer for poor old Isis (the original one).

Reply #912 - September 11, 2014, 10:32 PM

Yeah. The media (and everyday people like us) really need to stop calling this terrorist scum a name that they don't call themselves and that doesn't apply to them. There are perfectly good people and companies who are being harassed and associated with the terrorist group. And yes, Isis, the ancient goddess of love and peace and resurrection, ffs, is the last symbol that a fascist mass murdering gang like the Islamic State should be called.

Reply #913 - September 11, 2014, 10:32 PM

Call them Islamic State because that's what they are trying to set up. There is nothing that exposes the supremacism of Islamism than Islamists who call themselves what they are instead of pussyfooting around Islam's inherent fascist tendencies.

Reply #914 - September 11, 2014, 10:34 PM

Personally I'd be happy referring to them solely as evil sociopathic bloodthirsty barbarous subhuman virus's.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Re: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #915 - September 12, 2014, 08:37 AM

This.

It's so much easier for Arab & Muslim states to sit back, do next to nothing, and then blame the US or their favourite bogeyman "the West" for shit they themselves couldn't manage.

Yeah, but who is mostly responsible for the "shit" that Arab and Muslim states couldn't manage?. To be fair to them you can't absolve US and its allies from this.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #916 - September 12, 2014, 09:06 AM

Right. So obviously the US and its allies should go in again, because it worked so well last time, right?

And the people "mostly responsible" for the shit are the people who are actually doing it.

Anyway, the Arab states could easily manage IS if they wanted to.

Reply #917 - September 12, 2014, 09:35 AM

Honestly, I would rather they just back off and let them slug it out between themselves because anytime US and its coalition intervene,more shitstorm occur that it makes one wonder what's the essence of intervening in the first place. But seeing that we are living in reality, no chance of that happening.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #918 - September 12, 2014, 09:45 AM

Honestly, I would rather they just back off and let them slug it out between themselves because anytime US and its coalition intervene,more shitstorm occur that it makes one wonder what's the essence of intervening in the first place. But seeing that we are living in reality, no chance of that happening.

Yap Cato   i agree with that policy ........... no intervention  from west  ........  that is the best way to deal with these Islamic heroes., The only thing west should do is set up humanitarian aid/homes  to those who wants to move out of Caliph state some where in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and in those  posh hotels of Dubai...

Russia warns US against strikes on Islamic State in Syria  says bbc news

Reply #919 - September 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

I was calling them daash before, but ISIS came along and it was so much easier to pronounce. I can live with "Islamic State."

I really don't know about America's involvement. On one hand, I get why we're the guy you don't want showing up in Iraq again, and a lot of Americans have a huge reluctance on this basis alone. We went in Iraq before, and that was a huge mistake, so the second time will be a mistake, too.

Still, the planned no-troops methods and the situation couldn't be more different than the first time around, and I am inclined to think this will be better, but God knows we can't hit the broad side of a barn with our airstrikes and there are going to be innocent casualties. And then, of course, there's the question of when this would stop, if we would keep getting involved if some new mutant of IS cropped up after in this region where there is little stability to be had, and it all becomes a mess again.

But the emotional part of me is just glad that someone's going to go in there and wreck their party. It would be nice if the Iraqis could do it, if other Arab countries would do it, but that's not looking great right now, and the situation there is unspeakably dismal.

The one thing I do know for certain is regarding that Russian news story you posted, Yeez. Like Russia even cares how we approach Iraq or if we get someone's permission, they just don't want us around and messing with the paradigms. Have they been asking for permission for any of the junk they've been doing lately? Get outta here, Russia!  Grin
     Reply #920 - September 12, 2014, 11:32 AM

I was calling them daash before, but ISIS came along and it was so much easier to pronounce. I can live with "Islamic State."

You can live with Islamic state  or IN Islamic state?     sure some one needs to control you ..

So lua what does this "daash" stand for in your neck of the world?

Dragqueen Assholes of  Assyrian Sham Hogs?

The one thing I do know for certain is regarding that Russian news story you posted, Yeez. Like Russia even cares how we approach Iraq or if we get someone's permission, they just don't want us around and messing with the paradigms. Have they been asking for permission for any of the junk they've been doing lately? Get outta here, Russia!  Grin

well Russian problem is not that ., their  problem is there are 23 million Muslim folks out of 145 million or so population with restricted religious and  political  freedoms . They are worried that West is going to exploit  Muslim folks with Western Freedom start another religious holy war in it again..  But Russians should know restricting freedoms will lead to that and it will happen one day or other day..

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/05/russia-putin-values-based-diplomacy-muslim-world.html#

Reply #921 - September 12, 2014, 01:55 PM

Cheesy I guess if you're lookin' for someone to control me, ISIS would be more than enough.

Huh, I'm actually not sure what it stands for, Yeezevee. I guess I never found out.

As for Russia, I get that's what the administration is saying their concern is, but I just don't believe it. Maybe I'm too cynical, but if the powers that be in Russia really do care about respecting others' boundaries they've sure had a strange way of showing it lately...
     Reply #922 - September 12, 2014, 02:08 PM

Cheesy I guess if you're lookin' for someone to control me, ISIS would be more than enough.

No.. but I am sure you will make  those rascals work for the state instead roaming with some silly  assault rifles

Actually  I am suggesting to those who support ISIS type of govt ., "get rid of theese BABOONS and  elect a woman as a first leader of 21st century  Caliphate" Then I may support such Islamic Caliphate over democracy In those countries where Muslims are greater than 80%  of its demography....

well you used that word "dassh"  you should know   what it means  lol..

Reply #923 - September 12, 2014, 02:19 PM

Cheesy If the Islamic State were here, I'd break out my veils and spend the rest of my life angrily knitting.

Well I know that's what they were calling ISIS before! Grin And I first knew them as "daash." Wikipedia says "al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa ash-Sham." Wikipedia also says that IS considers this name derogatory and it very much hurts their feelings. 
     Reply #924 - September 12, 2014, 03:29 PM

Cheesy If the Islamic State were here, I'd break out my veils and spend the rest of my life angrily knitting.

Well I know that's what they were calling ISIS before! Grin And I first knew them as "daash." Wikipedia says "al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa ash-Sham." Wikipedia also says that IS considers this name derogatory and it very much hurts their feelings.  

well then that should be   AldaAlisFir_Ass   not Daash..   anyway AMRIKA presidento speaks on that to Americcans..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYB3v7M-Mn0

well there is no emotion.. it is just a mono tone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14I55VHkVUM

Hmm...Mr. JOHN McCAIN.,  Fight man fight.. Americans appears to be confused on this Isis..   ISIS IS BAD FOR MUSLIMS good for AMRIKA, RUSSIA, CHINA and other who can sell weapons and make money

Reply #925 - September 12, 2014, 08:00 PM

Iraqi Army will be reconstituted and trained says Kerry AMRIKA

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry meets with Iraq's Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari (R) in Baghdad on Wednesday. (Reuters)

BAGHDAD: US Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday that the Iraqi Army will be rebuilt as part of a global strategy to be outlined within hours by President Barack Obama.
    The Iraqi Army “will be reconstituted and trained and worked on in terms of a number of different strategies through the help not just of the United States but of other countries also,” Kerry said during a visit to Baghdad.
    But it was unclear how rebuilding the country’s army squares with repeated assertions by Kerry and other American officials that US troops will not return to Iraq.
    The Iraqi Army — which the United States spent billions of dollars arming and equipping for years — withered in the face of a sweeping offensive led by the Islamic State (IS) group, with some soldiers abandoning vehicles and shedding uniforms in their haste to flee. Both American and Iraqi officials repeatedly stated in the run-up to the 2011 withdrawal of US troops that Baghdad’s forces were capable of maintaining internal security.

But they have been unable to do so, failing to stop a surge in violence last year, losing control of one city and part of another in January and folding when faced with militants they greatly outnumbered in June. Kerry’s previously unannounced visit in Baghdad was the first stop on a regional tour to build support for a new US strategy against IS, which he has said will only work with the backing of the “broadest possible coalition of partners around the globe.”

Huh!?  didn't AMRIKA do that   reconstitution  and training of  Iraqi Army  during Bush-Cheney  regime?  It is going to be same thing again?

Reply #926 - September 12, 2014, 08:18 PM

Personally I'd be happy referring to them solely as evil sociopathic bloodthirsty barbarous subhuman virus's.

"Islamo-Zombies" perhaps?

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #927 - September 12, 2014, 08:25 PM

Yeah, but who is mostly responsible for the "shit" that Arab and Muslim states couldn't manage?. To be fair to them you can't absolve US and its allies from this.

Isn't all this turmoil in the ME, at least partly based on the so-called 'Arab Spring' which began in Tunisia and spread to Egypt, Bahrain, Libya and elsewhere, where citizens wanted reform and more freedom, were beaten back by the security services and the various jihadist groups jumped into the mix to (ahem) "bring stability".

I mean at the end of the day, when a man in black is beheading a tied up victim, he must, at some point, be responsible for his own actions, and cant just say "Hey look what Bush and Blair are making me do!".

The Iraq War, for all its mistakes, cannot just be a fall-back excuse for anyone to use to justify atrocities deliberately carried out at their own hands. That WOULD be absolving individuals of their own actions.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #928 - September 12, 2014, 08:30 PM

"Daash" sounds like a brand of washing powder.

Reply #929 - September 12, 2014, 08:37 PM

For better or for worse, there was a far more stable system in Iraq until we came along. I would have preferred to see it crumple under the Arab Spring movement by his own people than our disastrous intervention with false pretenses and ulterior motives.

In the end, we toppled their government and set up something unstable in its place, and while giving anyone but IS the blame for this is unfair, we did make it easy for them to come in and take over. I can definitely sympathize with those whose anger at the states is renewed because of this.

Edit: it kind of does sound like that doesn't it? Grin
  • Previous page 1 ... 29 30 3132 33 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »