Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420266 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #600 - August 11, 2014, 04:34 PM

too bad that Atheism is growing in Saudi Arabia Smiley
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #601 - August 11, 2014, 05:03 PM

I made a post about this
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26584.msg757247#msg757247

Imagine the birthplace of Islam becoming majority nonmuslim
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #602 - August 11, 2014, 07:52 PM

This #Yazidi man begs me to see his children. "Please get us away from #Islam to somewhere safe. @ABC pic.twitter.com/rNlOxG4cHI

https://twitter.com/ClarkBentson/status/498827952029573122/photo/1

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #603 - August 12, 2014, 10:20 AM

:O that's absolutely horrifying. 

I feel like jihadism is losing popularity as its becoming clearer to Muslims that these groups mostly spill Muslim blood and wreak havoc in Muslim countries. Al-Shabab had a similar impact among Somalis in that people started rejecting Islamist militancy.  

There are surveys which actually confirm this trend away from Islamist extremism and militant groups in the Muslim world:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01/concerns-about-islamic-extremism-on-the-rise-in-middle-east/

I guess at the end, common sense triumphs over ideology that encourages violence. I wonder if this could be the right time for the muslim world to reform their religion by denouncing extremism and militancy but that's just a wishful thinking.Lol

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #604 - August 12, 2014, 10:34 AM

Lol, but we can always dream. The Muslim world needs a Voltaire-like figure.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #605 - August 12, 2014, 12:43 PM

Lol, but we can always dream. The Muslim world needs a Voltaire-like figure.

Hmm....   Voltaire-like figure will NOT stay in Islam Al-Alethia., In the 1400  history of Islam there were Voltaire-like figures BORN IN ISLAM.. but they had no chance of facing the wrath of allah and allah doll followers..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #606 - August 12, 2014, 01:31 PM

^

It's not that the Pakistan lacks a Voltaire like figure.  It's that when a Voltaire like figure appears he is killed or threatened into silence or exile by the rest of the country as soon as he speaks.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #607 - August 12, 2014, 01:44 PM

Australian grandfather in tears at severed head photo says alarabiya.net/en/News
    The grandfather of a boy pictured holding a severed head in Syria said the shocking image brought him to tears, with the growing problem of militants fighting overseas to be a focus of US-Australia talks Tuesday.

The image of the Sydney-raised boy posing with the rotting head of a soldier, posted on the Twitter account of his father Khaled Sharrouf, an Australian who fled to Syria last year and is now an Islamic State fighter, sparked outrage.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott and US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel said it showed how barbaric IS militants had become, while Australian Muslim leaders expressed widespread revulsion. The seven-year-old boy's grandfather Peter Nettleton, who is estranged from his daughter Tara, Sharrouf's wife, begged the government to help bring the boy and his siblings home.

"I'm scared for the children. What life are they going to have now," the Sydney truck driver told Sydney's The Daily Telegraph. "Can't the government do something to pull these kids away from that man?
    "That (picture) brought me to tears because I don't know how to handle it." The picture was posted on the Twitter account of Khaled Sharrouf, an Australian man who fled to Syria and is now an ISIS fighter. (Photo courtesy: Twitter)

Another photo published by newspapers in Australia showed Sharrouf dressed in camouflage fatigues posing with three young boys believed to be his sons. All were holding guns in front of the flag of the Islamic State militants who have swept across Iraq and Syria, seizing swathes of territory.

Australia has an arrest warrant out for Sharrouf, who fled the country last year using his brother's passport after serving almost four years in prison when he pleaded guilty over a 2005 conspiracy to attack Sydney.

Nettleton, whose daughter cut off ties with him when she married and converted to Islam, said he thought his five grandchildren -- three boys and two girls -- were staying with Sharrouf's sister in Malaysia while he fought in Syria.

A friend of Sharrouf's, Mohamed Elomar, who is also fighting in Syria, reacted to the photo of the boy with a tweet to "keep them heads rolling", the Telegraph reported.....................

well read the rest at link..

that is the ISLAMIC HERO Khaled Sharrouf,...  fucking shit that first name hits me hard ..

and that is the boy with severed head  that Australian grand father  Peter Nettleton talking about..

and this is

family of Islamic hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv-WcWlcEtg

Great....................,  great news of Islam today...

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #608 - August 12, 2014, 01:46 PM

If someone who is supposed to have the same impact as Voltaire expressed the opinions of Voltaire today, they'd be considered far right or extreme. Will a similar figure with similar impact in the Islamic world be considered a extreme by us?

Also,in modern times, mainstream Islam has a strong defence for war being only for self defence, with the only targets being combatants. But not for freedom of expression,freedom of religion, equality etc.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #609 - August 12, 2014, 02:01 PM

yeezeve
    That was a disgusting story of theAustralian kid. I read it yesterday.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #610 - August 12, 2014, 02:29 PM

Witnesses Recount Tales of Yezidi Women Taken as War Booty

Karim Rito, 46, a Yezidi resident of Shingal, said he had seen two IS vehicles “full of women.”

"There were seven women in the back of the truck -- five younger women and two who appeared to be above 50. They killed the two older women on the spot in the street and took with them the other women," he told Rudaw.

He told the story of two sisters, Ghalia and Markaz, both locally known for their apparent beauty who were taken away by the militants in the first round of abductions.

"They (the militants) knew about Ghalia and Markaz, because they went to their house directly after entering the village," Rito said. “I’m sure the Arab neighbors had told ISIS about them."

Qasim Aata, also rescued from the mountain, said he met a 23-year-old woman in a terrible shape who had asked him to kill her.

"The girl said ‘kill me,’ and when we asked why, she said the militants had raped her and told her to go to the mountain and tell the others what had happened.”

More ghastly stuff in the article.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #611 - August 12, 2014, 02:47 PM

Yet, the British Muslims wont care at all about how the so-called 'Islamic State', the Caliphate no less, treats peoples.

Yet when they see Muslims getting killed in Gaza they will all go to demos and talk about how it's so 'inhumane'. The hypocrasy...
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #612 - August 12, 2014, 05:21 PM

part 4 of VICE documentary - on non Muslims in the Caliphate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQwTOsh__0

got to love the judge who says they offered Christians a chance to convert to Islam or pay jizya, and act like it was something tolerant

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #613 - August 12, 2014, 08:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_3DmEoAT_8

damn that is 1hr tube.. I am not going to watch the bullshit

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #614 - August 12, 2014, 08:47 PM

Jizya is only for ahl al kitab.  (Though historically, caliphs and sultans have included other  groups out of convenience.)

Ok leaving aside the including other groups for convenience for the moment. What was the ruling for pagans that refused to convert to islam.

Was it just to massacre them or exile them ? 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #615 - August 12, 2014, 09:24 PM

^Pretty much.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #616 - August 12, 2014, 10:19 PM

not confirmed yet, but have read a report that the female MP who made this speech,  Vian Dakhil, has died after a helicopter crash updated: she survived the helicopter crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIEm1s6yhY

God is Love.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #617 - August 12, 2014, 10:25 PM

*waits for conspiracy theory*

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #618 - August 12, 2014, 10:27 PM

She hasn't died.

Only the pilot died. The tyre hit a rock and the pilot lost control.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #619 - August 12, 2014, 10:28 PM

Here: Iraq crisis: ... UN warns of imminent 'genocide'

But there was a setback to the rescue effort overnight when a helicopter crashed on Mount Sinjar, killing the pilot and injuring an Iraqi MP and an American journalist.

The chopper, packed with rescued Yazidis, crashed during takeoff after delivering aid to Mount Sinjar, two senior army officers said.

There are conflicting reports as to whether the chopper was controlled by the Kurdish or Iraqi military.

Among the injured was Yazidi MP Vian Dakhil. A New York Times journalist also sustained non-life threatening injuries in the crash, the paper said.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #620 - August 12, 2014, 10:29 PM

*waits for conspiracy theory*

*waits for Jihadi morons to claim a "clear victory" from Allah"
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #621 - August 12, 2014, 10:30 PM

Well it turns out that Allah wanted to save her anyway.

(presumably the helicopter pilot was Muslim. Go figure)

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #622 - August 12, 2014, 10:30 PM

She hasn't died.

OK thanks for that. Lets hope she is well and survives her injuries.

God is Love.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #623 - August 13, 2014, 01:19 AM

Hmm....   Voltaire-like figure will NOT stay in Islam Al-Alethia., In the 1400  history of Islam there were Voltaire-like figures BORN IN ISLAM.. but they had no chance of facing the wrath of allah and allah doll followers.. 

Yep. Unfortunately, this is the case. The Muslim world has produced brilliant people…but as soon as anyone opens their mouth about reform or liberalisation, the mob always gets them. 
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #624 - August 13, 2014, 01:26 AM

Anti-Arab protest erupts in Erbil
    ERBIL - Tensions came to a peak Saturday afternoon, as hundreds of young Kurds weaved in and out of cars, hunting out Arabs in Iraqi Kurdistan’s capital, Erbil.

The young men, marching in anger at the increasing number of Arabs in Iraqi Kurdistan, began their pursuit in Erbil’s Arab Quarter.

Protestors chanted “Arabs are traitors,” and other anti-Arab slogans while they marched, periodically stopping near a known Arab apartment or business and intensifying their chants, some throwing stones at the buildings and windows, until police dispersed the crowd with tazers and batons.

With Islamic State militants making extensive gains to the west of Erbil after Kurdish Peshmerga forces retreated to official Kurdistan Regional Government borders, the Islamic State now virtually controls all of the Nineveh plains, causing tensions to escalate in Erbil.  

Police are now armed, and there is a constant on-patrol Peshmerga presence in the city center. Residents have expressed fears that even if the Islamic State cannot takeover Erbil—which seems highly unlikely considering recent United States involvement—that the usually safe city will become a target of car bombs, a tactic, the Islamic State has used to deadly effect in the cities of Baghdad and Kirkuk where they have been unable to gain control.

Protestors told Middle East Eye that the demonstration, which had a mob atmosphere, was a reaction to the thousands of Arab refugees who had fled into the Kurdish autonomous region recently seeking safety from the sweeping onslaught of Islamic State militants.

“We don’t want the Arabs here because they are all spies,” one protestor told MEE. “They come here to Kurdistan like they are refugees, but we know most of them are working with the Islamic State. If it was the other way, they wouldn’t help us, in the past they have killed us, we don’t want to help them.”

The belief that Iraqi refugees in Erbil were in the Kurdish region as spies for the Islamic State was widespread, with many protestors holding signs in Arabic and Kurdish that read, “You are spies, we are saving you and you are helping Da’ash [Islamic State].”

After police dispersed the group away from the Arab quarter of the city, protestors set up their own manned checkpoint in the city center beside the historic citadel. Lining up along one of the one-way main roads, Kurdish youth ensured there was no escape for oncoming traffic, with dozens stopping each car by surrounding it as it approached.

The edgy crowd was ready to erupt at any moment. Drivers that were designated as potentially Arab, were screamed at and questioned by angry youth to see if they could communicate in fluent Kurdish. Drivers appeared frightened and desperate to prove they were Kurdish and not Arab, as menacing looks loomed over the car windows.

When an Arab driver, or taxi with Arab customers in it, was caught in the makeshift checkpoint, whistles and shouts were thrown in the air to masses of young Kurds who were milling around ready to answer their peers’ calls for backup. Young men would start running and screaming towards the car, beating on the hood and throwing drinks and lit cigarettes at drivers until the police finally caught up to chase them off and stop a potential hate attack.

One police officer, who spoke under the promise of anonymity, told MEE that he was appalled by the protestor’s actions.

“I think it is disgusting what they are doing here,” he said. “The government is offering help to refugees, these people need our help. We [the police] are here to keep everyone safe, we are more busy now with more patrols and now we have to deal with these kids too.”

Days before the demonstration there were rumours that the police in Erbil would attempt to ban the protest, but it seemed there was little the police force could do once demonstrators took to the streets.

Iraqis subjected to daily discrimination

Hayder Aroomi, a Sunni Arab, has lived in Erbil for two years now. He fled to the Kurdish region when he said Shia Muslims began attacking Sunnis in his hometown near Baghdad. Aroomi said he has always been treated differently in Kurdish Iraq, but he has never felt unsafe like he does now.

“I work for half the minimum wage here, it isn’t enough to rent an apartment so I sleep on the floor at the tobacco pipe café where I work,” Aroomi said. “It is not a good life but at least I am safe.”

Last week, Aroomi was assaulted inside the cafe where he works after a customer realized he was an Arab and couldn’t speak Kurdish. He said the man began to shout and hit him before throwing a glass toward him, which shattered against the wall, slicing his chest and fingers with broken shards.

“The cuts were actually very deep. I couldn’t afford to go to the hospital on my wages, so my friends just bandaged me up, I will be okay,” Aroomi said. “I couldn’t fight back. I didn’t dare. I just tried to protect myself because I am here illegally because my visa has expired, so if I tried to go to the police I would be deported. There was nothing I could do.”

As anti-Arab sentiments have increased with the recent influx of Iraqi refugees in the Kurdish region, Aroomi has changed his regular routine. He is weary of going out alone at night or speaking to people about his nationality and past. Because he speaks no Kurdish, only Arabic, he feels he is an easy target, and could be attacked again at any point, and in a way that could seriously endanger his life.

On the night of the protest, Aroomi didn’t dare leave his cafe.

“I couldn’t leave tonight, I don’t speak Kurdish, if they tried to speak with me they would immediately know I am Arab and then I don’t know what would happen,” Aroomi said.

Aroomi said he and his other Iraqi Arab friends are considering moving back to Baghdad until the conflict and atmosphere in the city settles down. He is caught between two hard decisions: unsure if it is better to risk staying in Erbil illegally where he is now terrified of being violently attacked again, or going back to the town he left, where a threat to his life still exists. It is a decision he never thought he would have to make.

As the Islamic State creates a refugee crisis in the North of Iraq and Iraqi Kurdistan, with over one million already having fled the advancing militants, the lives of both new refugees and old are being held in the balance. With the Islamic State reportedly earning 3 million USD a day and holding more advanced weaponry than Kurdish Peshmerga forces, the militants don’t look like they will disappear anytime soon—nor does the anti-Arab mentality beginning to simmer up in the usually quiet city of Erbil.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/video-anti-arab-march-held-kurds-erbil-397174944
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #625 - August 13, 2014, 02:55 AM

part 4 of VICE documentary - on non Muslims in the Caliphate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQwTOsh__0

got to love the judge who says they offered Christians a chance to convert to Islam or pay jizya, and act like it was something tolerant

Don't forget that these indoctrinated idiots truly believe that they are doing God's work and following God's law...

If the Qur'an said to shove sharpened candy canes up their asses, they'd probably do that...
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #626 - August 13, 2014, 03:22 AM

ISIS: the gift that just keeps on giving.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #627 - August 13, 2014, 05:04 AM

I felt really sorry for the poor guy who fled violence in Baghdad, then got attacked by Kurdish rednecks in Kurdistan and now doesn't know where is safe anymore. The whole situation is just hopelessly sad.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #628 - August 13, 2014, 08:40 AM

She hasn't died.

Reportedly a passenger has died as well now. However Vian Dakhil broke a leg and other than that is stable according to her Facebook-page.

Regarding the hunt for Arabs by young Kurds. That is disgusting :( I have seen eye witnesses telling about Arab neighbours helping both Yezidis and Christians to escape. But many Kurds really seem to hate every Arab out there now. This can turn very bad if the Kurdish leadership(s) don't do anything to counter it.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #629 - August 13, 2014, 11:47 AM

I agree, it's terrible but my fellow Kurds can be very xenophobic and racist when times are hard. Those that lean more left and support Gorran and PUK are less bothered by Arabs in Kurdistan. The KPD supporters however..

(Why can't I quote the last post in a thread?)
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »