Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420299 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #360 - July 09, 2014, 09:12 AM

More of enemies of historical archaeological sites, but that is the whole point isn't it? Quashing any hints in the future of prior dissent.  

These idiots learned such  archaeological site destruction behavior  when they were kids in PAKISTAN/AFGHANISTAN  border town madarasas that are funded by some rascals from OIL RICH SAND LAND.

When Pak Army started Attacking them they moved to Iraq/Syria war torn areas.    Now they are carrying the same destruction  in Iraq as they did to those bamiyan Buddha statues and  destruction of  many  sufi shrines of Pak/Afghan border towns.  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #361 - July 09, 2014, 09:16 AM

And the oil rich sand lands of Saudi are doing their own site destruction in terms of the developments in Mecca around the Grand Mosque and the destruction of overland features in the graveyard where Mohammed is according to accepted history buried.

Convenient that innit'?
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #362 - July 09, 2014, 09:23 AM

And the oil rich sand lands of Saudi are doing their own site destruction in terms of the developments in Mecca around the Grand Mosque and the destruction of overland features in the graveyard where Mohammed is according to accepted history buried.

Convenient that innit'?

Saudi Sauds  ..or sodoms Know well., "Islam of Muhammad will eliminate them from the face of earth". So they are trying their best to eliminate the ooold Muhammad and historical sites related to him and erect new 20th century Muhammad Saud....

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #363 - July 09, 2014, 07:30 PM

Dammit why wasn't Rolex started by a Jew! ^^^!! Cheesy

Actually, ISIS have claimed that he is not wearing a Rolex but rather a £269  Al-Fajr Deluxe 'Islamic' watch, that apparently not only shows prayer times around the world, so very useful to ensure that your minions around the globe are observing the rules, but is also personally recommended by the creator of the entire universe.

Available here http://www.alfajr.com/en/watches.html

But although Mr al-Bagdadi can tell the time around the globe, this watch does not have the facility to tell him what century we are in!

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #364 - July 09, 2014, 07:34 PM

Wait, what? Is that guy actually Al Baghdadi, ameer al mu'mineen in Islamic Iraq? Cheesy I thought it was super secret what he looked like, when did he go public like that?! I've not kept up with my Islamist newsfeed as I should've lately

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #365 - July 09, 2014, 09:20 PM

Actually just looked on the Al-Fajr  website at the 'Islamic' watch Mr al-Bagdhadi is supposed to have been wearing and noted the features.

"Round Stainless Steel polished case
    ◾Stainless Steel bracelet with double folding clasp
    ◾Scratch-resistant glass
    ◾Dual Time (Analog Digital)
    ◾Water Resistant 5 ATM
    ◾Case size 40 mm
    Swiss made"
    Cheesy

http://www.alfajr.com/en/wa-10s.html

Other features include,

prayer reminders (as if you needed reminding),
    direction of the Qibla
    Quran bookmark - so you can constantly remind yourself what verse you are up to in your reading of the quran (for the 20th time)

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #366 - July 10, 2014, 11:41 AM

Pakistani terror group swears allegiance to Islamic State

Exclusive: Believed to be the first jihadi defection to Islamic State outside of Middle East, move emphasises growing influence of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's self-declared caliph and the waning hold of al-Qaeda

A Pakistani terror group has become the first in the region to break ranks and declare allegiance to the Islamic State that has seized power across Iraq and Syria.

It represents a breakthrough for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as he tries to win support for his caliphate, potentially extending his influence into South Asia and bolstering his challenge to al-Qaeda for leadership of the global jihadist movement.

Little is known about the Tehreek-e-Khilafat group other than that it has claimed responsibility for a string of attacks in Karachi.

This week it pledged to raise the Islamic State’s flag in South Asia and Khurasan – the historic name used by Islamist militants for an area covering Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Using the poetic language often favoured by jihadist groups, it said in a statement: “From today, Sheikh Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi shall consider Tehreek-e-Khilafat and Jihad mujahideen fighters of Pakistan as one of the arrows among his arrows which he has kept for his bow.

“We are praying from the almighty Allah to give us chance in our lives to see the expansion of Islamic State boundaries toward the Sub­Continent and Khurasan region in order to hoist the flag of Islamic State here.”

It is thought to be the first group beyond the Middle East to have offered support.

Pakistan is home to dozens of militant groups with greater or lesser ties to al-Qaeda or the Taliban.

Tehreek-e-Khilafat and Jihad is considered part of the Pakistan Taliban, an umbrella movement linked to al-Qaeda containing dozens of terrorist groups, racketeers and sectarian outfits.

Its statement was passed on through trusted sources.

Saifullah Mehsud, of the Fata Research Centre which monitors activity in Pakistan tribal areas, said he expected more militant groups to follow suit.

“This seems to be the in thing now. If you monitor social media, as I do, all the talk is about the Islamic State rather than al-Qaeda,” he said.

“All the chatter is about Baghdadi – negative and positive.”

Analysts believe the latest generation of fighters has only known al-Qaeda on the defensive. Osama bin Laden was shot dead in Pakistan three years ago and its current leaders are all but invisible as they dodge drones in the country’s tribal areas.

In contrast, the Islamic State, as it is now known, has seized hundreds of square miles in Iraq and Syria.

Al-Qaeda formally distanced itself from the group earlier this year, chiding it for its lack of teamwork in its aggressive, brutal expansion.

As it did so, it snatched power not just from local administrations but also al-Qaeda, undermining its claim to be the pre-eminent Islamist terror force.

That tension has sent warnings echoing around the world that what is left of al-Qaeda may try a spectacular terror attack on the West in order to wrest back the initiative.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #367 - July 10, 2014, 10:41 PM

"Independence for Iraq's Kurds would be catastrophic  and "ISIL had a plan to take over Egypt," Says Sisi  
    CAIRO: Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said on Sunday a referendum on the independence of Iraq's Kurdish region would lead to a "catastrophic" break up of the country, which is facing an onslaught by Sunni Islamist militants.

The comments from Sisi, leader of the most populous Arab nation, indicate a growing fear in the region that the division of Iraq could further empower the insurgents who have declared a "caliphate" on land seized in Iraq and neighbouring Syria.

"The referendum that the Kurds are asking for now is in reality no more than the start of a catastrophic division of Iraq into smaller rival states," Egypt's MENA news agency quoted Sisi as saying during a meeting with local journalists.

The president of Iraq's autonomous Kurdish north, Massoud Barzani, asked the region's parliament on Thursday to prepare the way for a referendum on independence.
    Iraq's five million Kurds, who have ruled themselves in relative peace since the 1990s, have expanded their territory by up to 40 percent in recent weeks as the Sunni Islamist militants seized vast stretches of western and northern Iraq.

Egypt, a traditionally regional diplomatic heavy weight, has been embroiled in domestic turmoil for three years since a 2011 uprising ousted autocratic President Hosni Mubarak.Sisi said he warned the United States and Europe about the ambitions of the Islamic State militants, which have shortened their name from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

"ISIL had a plan to take over Egypt," Sisi said. "I had warned the United States and Europe from providing any aid to them and told them they will come out of Syria to target Iraq then Jordan then Saudi Arabia."

Sisi, Egypt's former army chief, last year orchestrated the ouster of the state's Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, who was elected in a free vote, in reaction to mass protests against his rule. Sisi's interim government that ruled until his election had cracked down on Islamists. Thousands of Islamist activists and members in Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood group have been jailed since Morsi's ouster last July and hundreds of street protesters were killed...........

Ya right., that is another excuse for fellows like Sisi to rules middle eas another 10 years under the foot these power grabbing assholes of Middle east..

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #368 - July 11, 2014, 09:28 AM

Fifty-three blindfolded bodies found in Iraq as political leaders bicker  says news

Iraqi security forces   found 53 corpses, blindfolded and handcuffed, south of Baghdad on Wednesday as Shi'ite and Kurdish leaders traded accusations  over an Islamist insurgency raging in the country's Sunni  provinces.   Officials said dozens of bodies were discovered near the  mainly Shi'ite Muslim village of Khamissiya, with bullets to the  chest and head, the latest mass killing since Sunni insurgents swept through northern Iraq.

"Fifty-three unidentified corpses were found, all of them   blindfolded and handcuffed," Sadeq Madloul, governor of the  mainly Shi'ite southern province of Babil, told reporters.   He said the victims appeared to have been killed overnight  after being brought by car to an area near the main highway  running from Baghdad to the southern provinces, about 25 km (15  miles) southeast of the city of Hilla.

The identity and sectarian affiliation of the dead people  was not immediately clear, he said.   Sunni militants have been carrying out attacks around the  southern rim of Baghdad since spring. In response, Shi'ite  militias have been active in rural districts of Baghdad,  abducting Sunnis they suspect of terrorism, many of whom later  turn up dead.

In Falluja, in the mainly Sunni western Anbar province that  borders Syria, the general hospital said nine civilians died and  44 were wounded on Wednesday from aerial shelling and what  residents call "barrel bombs". 

In fighting northeast of Baghdad, militants took control of  the town of Sudor as well as a local dam in fighting which  killed four soldiers and wounded six others, a source at the  local al-Zahra hospital said.  Sudor lies in Diyala province about 90 km (55 miles) from  the capital, another area where the army and Shi'ite militias  have clashed with the Sunni insurgents, with both sides gaining  and losing territory.   

Also in Diyala, nine soldiers were killed and 38 were  wounded as they repulsed an attack by the Islamic State fighters  on the Mansuriya military base on Wednesday, police and hospital  sources said.

In the Zaiyouna district of eastern Baghdad, gunmen stormed the house of a government official, beheading his son and shooting dead his wife, a security source and a source in the  Baghdad morgue said.

well that is the life..  Thank you AMRIKA....

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #369 - July 13, 2014, 12:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ2KzjNtDTc

I think she  is well read/well informed about the origins this ISIS.... I do agree with some of her points..  But she must realize that  the core of the problem is  "Islam"..Islam  and Islam .,

Off course  Origin of Islam is in Christian/Jewish religious books and Origins of Christian/Jewish religious books is from old local paganism/pagan religions  of that  time  and all the origin pagans/ paganism lies at the feet god..super god.. THE SUPER DOG the shouts at people through the orifice of blind believers..

Well today's news from BBC says
    Gunmen have stormed two buildings in the Iraqi capital, killing at least 29 people, officials say. At least 20 of those killed were said to be women.

The attack took place late on Saturday in the neighbourhood of Zayouna in east Baghdad, police said. One officer said he "found bodies everywhere". The motive for the killings is not clear. No group has said it carried out the attack.

Reports said the two buildings were suspected to be brothels. Writing left on the door of one of the buildings read: "This is the fate of any prostitution," AFP news agency reports.

Locals in Zayouna have accused Shia militias of killing women thought to be prostitutes, Reuters news agency reported. The neighbourhood is a mixed district of Sunni and Shia Muslims. A brothel in Zayouna was attacked in May 2013, with seven women and five men shot dead.

Prostitution is prohibited under Islam, the dominant religion in Iraq...

Yap..   "women thought to be prostitutes,"

well that is the news from Iraq.., Yap.

...Think .. thought .. Assume and kill......

Anyways I am still watching her... She appears to be true w.r.t ISIS supporters ,  who are supported by Oil wealth of  Arabian desert  to move all these ISLAMIC IDIOTS BORN IN WEST in to that ISIS., so west can find out where and what families they come from and put tags on these fools,..

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #370 - July 13, 2014, 05:21 PM

Russell Brand thinks Fox New is more dangerous than ISIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q2FSMvrlUlY

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #371 - July 15, 2014, 02:55 AM

Muslim vs Muslim - a brief survey of conflicts

Free Syrian army fighters

Muslims finally have what many had been hoping for: an Islamic caliphate. So why is there no cheering? Could it be that the self-proclaimed caliph, Abu Bakar al-Baghdadi, has no moral authority for his recent proclamation of a Caliphate? After all, given his blood-soaked past, it was unlikely that many Muslims would salute his black banner.

But his rise to power in large swathes of Iraq and Syria at the head of a pack of ravening wolves has a direct precedent in Muslim history. Hordes of tribal warriors boiled out of the Arabian Peninsula to destroy the Byzantine and Persian empires, and conquer their vast territories. North Africa and Spain soon fell to the advancing Muslim armies. In a remarkably short period, the world order had been turned on its head.

Abu Bakar al-Baghdadi seeks to resurrect the old borders of the far-flung Muslim empire, and has demanded that believers across the world fall into line. But the lack of any meaningful response to his call serves to remind us that the world is a very different place from what it was fifteen hundred years ago.

Unless we face our demons and see clearly who the enemy is, we will continue suffering from the kind of violence and confusion that has bedevilled the Muslim world for centuries.

This disarray is in evidence across much of the Muslim world: in Egypt, the country is polarised between the army and its camp-followers on the one hand, and conservative Egyptians led by the Muslim Brotherhood on the other. A full-fledged civil war cannot be ruled out.
    Last week, the Economist ran a cover story titled The Tragedy of the Arabs: a poisoned history. In a table, the weekly magazine laid out the dozen civil wars that have broken out in the Middle East since 1975. These have killed nearly a million people. If one adds the civil war in erstwhile East Pakistan in 1971, and the bloodletting during the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980’s, it is easy to see that more Muslims have been slaughtered by fellow believers than by anybody else.

So what else is new? This ongoing tragedy is compounded by the seemingly intractable conflicts that rack so many Muslim states today. Political ambition, ignorance and poverty have combined to lock us into an unending pattern of violence and backwardness. And in the Arab states that prosper because of their oil wealth, the cost should be measured by the brutality with which this seeming stability has been achieved.

Currently, three fault lines divide the Middle East: the Palestinian conflict; the Shia-Sunni divide; and the clash between democratic aspirations and a ruthlessly predatory ruling elite that seeks to hang on to power at any cost. The latter include despots like Bashar al-Assad, generals like Sissi, and the ruling families of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar. These rulers would rather do deals with the devil than allow their own people a share of the power and prosperity they control.

The struggle for regional supremacy between Saudi Arabia and Iran has seen the explosive growth of sectarian conflict stretching from Pakistan to Lebanon. Much of the extremist poison that has infected so many young Muslims has its origins in the Salafi Islam exported by Saudi Arabia.

In its editorial, the Economist writes: “Islam, or at least its modern reinterpretations, is at the core of some of the Arabs’ deep troubles. The faith’s claim, promoted by some of its leading lights, to combine spiritual and earthly authority, with no separation of mosque and state, has stunted the development of independent political institutions. A militant minority of Muslims are caught up in a search for legitimacy through ever more fanatical interpretations of the Koran. Other Muslims, threatened by militia violence and civil war, have sought refuge in their sect … And this violent perversion of Islam has spread to places as distant as northern Nigeria and northern England.”

The editorial writer could have added Indonesia, Afghanistan and Pakistan. But while portraying ourselves as victims of extremism, we encourage the forces of darkness by painting jihadists as idealistic holy warriors who are fighting to restore the glories of early Islam. Unless we face our demons and see clearly who the enemy is, we will continue suffering from the kind of violence and confusion that has bedevilled the Muslim world for centuries.

It is easy to blame external forces, and specially the West, for our predicament. And it is true that Western support for the most repressive governments in the Muslim world and elsewhere during the Cold War have made matters worse. But we need to be masters of our own destiny, and not allow tin-pot dictators, shabby politicians or sleazy kings and emirs — or, indeed, Washington — to hold the Muslim world to ransom for ever.

well who wrote that? He is the Man from Pakistan.. off course he better live outside and he is..   Read it all the link...

The tragedy of the Arabs

‘The tragedy of the Arabs’? Really?

good to read those Opeds...

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #372 - July 18, 2014, 12:03 PM

Iraq suicide bomber was Australian,  and his name is   ‘Abu Bakr al Australi

Australians waging war ... fugitive terrorist Khaled Sharrouf is one of a number of Aussies in Iraq.  

Grotesque acts ... Sharrouf apparently at the scene of an ISIS massacre, in a social media posting.  

THE suicide bomber at the centre of one of Iraq’s most recent bloody tragedies was an Australian, according to the brutal fanatics wreaking havoc across the nation. The man, who killed at least five people by detonating his bomb belt near a Shia mosque, was named as Abu Bakr al Australi in a statement by fundamentalist Sunni Muslim group ISIS.

MUSLIMS MUST OBEY ME: Fiendish ISIS leader’s call to arms

The group said the man was an “emigrant” and also dubbed him a “brother” and a “knight” following the slaughter at a Baghdad market on Thursday.

It appears from the ISIS statement that the man had converted to Islam and possibly adopted the name Abu Bakr al Australi. Little else is known about his identity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpPy36jGTlk

Well that is today's news form ISIS Iraq..    what a name  "Abu Bakr al Australi"

well I am sure we will see copy cats of "al Australi" such as al Ameriki, al Britishi .. al franci.. al dutchy..

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #373 - July 18, 2014, 01:40 PM

What drives someone from the West, who's living a comfortable life, to blow himself up, miles away from his home, friends and family? I just fail to understand where the appeal is. How can someone honestly believe that this is anyway desirable?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #374 - July 18, 2014, 02:41 PM

I wonder that too. I know it's hardcore Islam but what attracts a normal person to it in the first place? 
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #375 - July 18, 2014, 03:38 PM

What drives someone from the West, who's living a comfortable life, to blow himself up, miles away from his home, friends and family? I just fail to understand where the appeal is. How can someone honestly believe that this is anyway desirable?

A purpose. A cause. A reason to matter. A reason to “be.” It’s, unfortunately, a sentiment I’m familiar with.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #376 - July 18, 2014, 03:42 PM

Yep. Looking at these guys now gives me that same weird sense of awkward humility I get when I'm reminded of things I used to identify with as a brooding young teenager. It's not that I don't get it, it's that I've grown the good sense to be ashamed by it.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #377 - July 18, 2014, 03:55 PM

@HM and Lua. So, hypothetically if you were your former selves, would something like this intrigue you?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #378 - July 18, 2014, 04:01 PM

^ I was thinking this very same thought today,  feeling lots of anger and hatred after seeing palestinian kids blown up on tv, i forgot for a short moment that i wasn't muslim anymore.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #379 - July 18, 2014, 04:21 PM

@HM and Lua. So, hypothetically if you were your former selves, would something like this intrigue you?

I wouldn't necessarily say intrigue, and I probably wouldn't have felt the same way about just any campaign. I think I wouldn't be too happy with the one in Iraq, but I can imagine myself having a too romantic notion of the idea of dropping everything and going to die in Syria.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #380 - July 18, 2014, 04:29 PM

While it’s impossible to know how different I might have been under different circumstances, I like to think that I would not have been drawn to ISIS at all. I have always been a non-violent sort when it comes to political activism and coming up with a case against jihadism was actually one of my biggest pushes into Saudi-style salafism. I can say that for the entire time I was a staunch salafi, I was absolutely never a jihadi. Even in KSA when I had the chance to witness public executions taking place only a few blocks away from where I was, I had no desire to see any of it. As the case for a truly non-violent traditional, textually based Islam started to unravel, so did my faith. I personally think the founding of modern day Saudi Arabia was probably done a lot similarly to the founding of ISIS. Once in control, however, they had to reign in violent elements to retain power.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #381 - July 18, 2014, 05:18 PM

ISIS is Jewish US Plotting to Torpedo Middle East,  

The Middle East is falling apart, according to the Palestinian Authority (PA)'s official daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida - all because of an elaborate conspiracy on the part of the US to stoke conflict in Gaza, Iraq, Syria, and Libya.
    "After the coffins of US soldiers returned from Afghanistan and Iraq, and before that, from Lebanon, [the US] adopted a new method [to protect US interests]: exploitation and creation of Islamic, Christian and Jewish religious extremism, in order to fight [Arabs] with it [this method] rather than with its own soldiers," the article claims, in a translation provided by Palestinian Media Watch. "Taking a closer look at what is happening in the region we can see that the wars in Libya, Iraq, Syria and Palestine were planned by the US in order to protect its interests."

The article claims that US President Barack Obama's shift from the "war on terror" to the sidelines of foreign policy issues is designed to inflict damage on the Arab world without directly costing US lives.
    "The US is using extremists as human shields fighting on its behalf, so that American soldiers will no longer be in danger of returning home in coffins," it says, adding that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), Islamic Front, and Al-Nusra factions in Iraq and Syria are part of an American plot.

well I don't want to read all that,  read the rest at the link., But I think THAT AMERICAN MUSLIM OBAMA is a smart guy..

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #382 - July 18, 2014, 07:45 PM

Russell Brand thinks Fox New is more dangerous than ISIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q2FSMvrlUlY

When Bill O Reilly orders himself an AK 47, THEN I will start worrying.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #383 - July 18, 2014, 07:58 PM

That's easy, the appeal is that he thinks he is gonna have a sex party in heaven. I have heard people say that although they absolutely disagree with such suicidal tactics, they have a slight  'admiration' ( for want of a better word) that such people would 'sacrifice' their lives, even for a unjust cause.

But I say BOLLOCKS!! Aside from those cajolled into it, and young kids, these willing suicide bombers are just greedy, plain and simple. They are doing this because they think they will get something out of it. An orgy in paradise They are in it for gain and martyrdom, they want their names writ large in 'history'. Nothing else.

So next time someone says 'well he paid the ultimate sacrifice' you can tell them he did it for reward.

On the topic of heaven btw. Why is sex, and alcohol and dancing and partying so looked down upon on earth as haram ,and forbidden, and leading to bad values and god hates them etc etc, but when you get to  Islamic heaven it is painted as a place of rivers of wine, and a nonstop sex orgy, which I though god hated?? Heaven seems like a divine Sodom and Gomorrah!!

Talk about fucked up theology.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #384 - July 18, 2014, 08:11 PM

^I don’t think it is quite that simple. Many (not all) people drawn to extremism may do so after looking for some deeper purpose in life.

“So I have this education. I have this job. I have this girl friend. But I’m still unhappy.  There has to be something more to life! Look! Suffering! Over there! Maybe I can help!”

Throw in a few charismatic preachers, a little guilt and shame over your “sins” and some poetically quoted divine words and the appeal can be completely captivating. There, you can feel special. You can feel as though god specifically chose you to be better than the rest of humanity and promises you a “great reward” for your efforts. It is not simply a matter of greed. If it does play a role, it usually comes in at the end.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #385 - July 18, 2014, 08:53 PM

its the organised nature of the appeal too. The jihadis are organised, they target people. Its a movement, a theocratic political movement, an ideology. When that meets listless men susceptible to the sureties and extremities of the message, the certainty of this ideology, the self aggrandising of it, the supremacist 'you are above everyone else only you know the truth only you are pure'  superman inspiration of it all, you get this happening.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #386 - July 18, 2014, 08:54 PM

I never felt indignant about typical "Muslim" conflicts as a Muslim in a "it's the kafirs oppressing my Muslim brothers/sisters" way. And I've never seen it as "Muslims v. kafirs", and more as "evil regime/militants v. innocent people". I still cry at a lot of the stuff I read/watch coming out of Gaza and Syria, for example, but I've always reacted that way to any extreme human suffering I see. I had to watch a doco on the Rwandan genocide several weeks ago and I cried my eyes out. 

What is it, that makes some people want to donate to msf or start a twitter campaign, and others want to pick up a rifle and behead people? I'd like to think its temperament but Bin Laden didn't seem particularly hotheaded. 

This is one of the sickest things I've seen. This kind of thing prompts me to think that some of these guys are just psychopaths who enjoy bloodletting. This guy sounds like killing people gives him orgasms. I've also read that a lot of the Danish jihadis are gang members.

Article contains some NSFL pics:
    http://m.vice.com/en_uk/read/british-jihadis-beheading-prisoners-syria-isis-terrorism 
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #387 - July 18, 2014, 09:01 PM

It makes me sick beyond belief that that man is from Britain.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #388 - July 18, 2014, 09:03 PM

There are certain psychopathic traits in them I think.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #389 - July 18, 2014, 09:07 PM

^

In one of the vids in that link they film a close up of a guy opening a bag with the severed heads of syrian soldiers and take them  out and show them off as trophies.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »