Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420562 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 10 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #210 - June 30, 2014, 05:35 AM

^ISIS have a PR guy on twitter, he's been known to reply to peeps so you could try, but I think these people are beyond saving and reasoning with. I also don't think you're at any real risk of trouble with the security services if you do so. These guys are openly on twitter and get thousands of comments.  

You're not missing much. It's the kinda shit that makes me pissed off when people say this has nothing to do with islam.

Exactly! I really wish some of the more sane Muslims would actually read the things these groups put out. They've got plenty of hadith and ayat on their side. 

I thought only Shi'as believed the caliph had to be descended from Mo?  Huh?
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #211 - June 30, 2014, 05:54 AM

the dumb shyt I dont get is why non arab muslims arnt tripping about laws that basically guarantee that every caliph has to be of arab origin.

Its like they cant how fracking racist arab imperialism this shyt is.  He has to be arab from a particular tribe, he has to be fluent in arabic etc who falls for that shyt?

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #212 - June 30, 2014, 06:41 AM

Now it's a 3 sided war, sheesh. The rebels haven't even won in Syria yet are eager to start a new war. I think ISIS will either drive itself into the ground by overextending or it will divide between it's Syrian and Iraqi demographic

Or they will be stopped by foreign intervention from the US or Europe.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #213 - June 30, 2014, 07:01 AM

our bearded and ankle-exposing brethren

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #214 - June 30, 2014, 09:30 AM

^ Yep, *especially* those guys.
  • Re: ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #215 - June 30, 2014, 10:21 AM

Or they will be stopped by foreign intervention from the US or Europe.

that's the last thing that will or should happen. That is exactly what they want.

Just arm and support the Peshmerga.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #216 - June 30, 2014, 10:37 AM

You don't want majority non-Muslim countries getting actively involved as that will be doing what ISIS wants, evidencing some sort of crusade against Muslims. If you leave it to majority Muslim countries to sort out they can't do that so easily without being accused of interfering or crusading. They may get accused of siding with the west but they can pull the self-defence card too as it borders directly on to them. Locals also know the territory and the cultural nuances better.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #217 - June 30, 2014, 11:48 AM

^Yep. Direct Western military intervention in the region plays into jihadi hands.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #218 - June 30, 2014, 02:25 PM

ISIS Declares New 'Islamic Caliphate'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljIRJx5HgQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY7U_a8aQUY

Helloooooooooo AMRIKA

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #219 - June 30, 2014, 03:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXcFcF0BStg

Dammit .. This should have done 5 years back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gki50QhqunU

Stupid UN..

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #220 - June 30, 2014, 03:23 PM

Christopher Hitchens was so on point in that video.

Religion and religious governments do not need protecting, people do.

There has been too much kowtowing to religiously based governments by the US and the west in terms of UN stuff.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #221 - June 30, 2014, 03:59 PM

taken from FB

Has the Caliphate been re-established by ISIS?

Today the group that has swept to mass media attention in the last month, ISIS, has claimed that the Caliphate has been restored in its 'domains', and called for Muslims to render their pledge of allegiance (bayah) to Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, changing its name to simply 'Islamic State' (I.S).

While most Muslims would be jubilant at the claim of the return of the Khilafah (Caliphate), which is a vital obligation upon Muslims that has been conspicuously missing for so long, a self-proclamation does not a Caliphate make.

We've been here before - many times. From the short-lived war-born 'Islamic States' of Chechnya, Somalia, Mali, the ‘Mahdi’ of Makkah (Mohammed Abdullah al-Qahtani) and Taliban Afghanistan, each fighting group has declared their leader 'Amir’ or ‘Amir ul Momineen'. Considering such recent history, has the Caliphate been restored under ISIS?

READ FULL ARTICLE on my Blog: http://wp.me/p1yZme-1lA

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #222 - June 30, 2014, 04:37 PM

I thought only Shi'as believed the caliph had to be descended from Mo?  Huh?

IIRC, classically speaking, a Caliph should be from the Banu Quraysh. I think the Ottomans got around this by marriage, but their claim was always looked on as somewhat suspect. These days, to claim Qurayshi ancestry is more or less to claim descent (however indirect) from Mo..
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #223 - June 30, 2014, 04:48 PM

Totally not Arab imperialism.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #224 - June 30, 2014, 06:42 PM

Caliphate history repeats itself  whistling2
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #225 - June 30, 2014, 07:01 PM

But I am surprised that the Ottomans tried to do that. I never thought of them as concerned with rights, though I admit I have not done my research. I suppose I meant to say that it is at odds with my overall impression of the Ottoman Empire.

IIRC, it was forced on the Ottomans as a condition of French and British help and weapons to protect against Russia. I'm not sure if any of it was driven internally or all imposed.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #226 - June 30, 2014, 08:56 PM

Wow Allah must be a real wuss to require so much protection from his little ants.

I find it "absurd in the highest degree" (thank you Mr Darwin) when muslims claim that insulting allah is like insulting their mother, and that in one breath muslims claim that their god is so powerful and omnipotent and nothing can ever harm him and that he will burn us all in hell for ever, and in the next breath cry foul when some tiny insignificant human criticises him, and all of a sudden he is a cowering wreck sobbing in the corner.

Do they not see how insulting they are being to their own mothers by comparing a sweet, kind and caring old lady, to the sadistic tyrant as portrayed in the quran.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #227 - June 30, 2014, 10:36 PM

Great. Now little Sayyid kids all over the world will be told that not only can they become presidents, they can be Caliph, too.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #228 - July 01, 2014, 02:24 AM

*Reads that a new Khalifah is born*
    Reaction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #229 - July 01, 2014, 03:07 AM

The Caliphate declared. Flags of the Islamic State waving in celebration of this important occasion

https://twitter.com/ahmed/status/483293012064092160

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #230 - July 01, 2014, 04:04 AM

Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #231 - July 01, 2014, 11:51 AM

Iraq Kurdistan independence referendum planned  says news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Qxe2zswdQ

The president of Iraq's autonomous Kurdistan Region has told the BBC he intends to hold a referendum on independence within months.

Massoud Barzani said that Iraq was already "effectively partitioned". While the Kurds would play a part in a political solution to the crisis caused by jihadist-led Sunni Arab rebellion, independence was their right, he added.

Meanwhile, the first session of Iraq's new parliament has been adjourned after deputies failed to elect a new speaker. Acting Speaker Mahdi al-Hafez called off proceedings after most of the Sunni and Kurdish members of the House of Representatives did not return after a break, meaning there was not a quorum present.

It had been hoped they would discuss forming a unity government. The current Prime Minister, Nouri Maliki, is facing calls from his Sunni, Kurdish and Shia rivals to step down because of his handling of the crisis.

However, as the leader of the bloc that won the most votes in April's elections, he has demanded the right to try to form a governing coalition.

AMRIKA did a great job., Actually after 2nd world war., it is doing a great job wherever it goes..

hmm this is interesting to watch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1amTdJvbO-I

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #232 - July 01, 2014, 12:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTItxDIlrSg

great.. great.. AMRIKA says  war on Iraq was a great mistake..  but..but who will pay for those mistakes??  Huh? 

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #233 - July 01, 2014, 03:46 PM

the new Caliph of Islam al Baghdadi has made his first speech, translation of his doggerel here

https://ia902501.us.archive.org/2/items/hym3_22aw/english.pdf

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #234 - July 01, 2014, 07:57 PM

Behead those who worship stones.

A member of the militant group Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), which recently dubbed itself simply, The Islamic State, has declared that they will destroy the Kaaba in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, which is Islam's most holy site.

APA quoted ISIS member Abu Turab Al Mugaddasi based on reports from Turkish media, who said:

If Allah wills, we will kill those who worship stones in Mecca and destroy the Kaaba. People go to Mecca to touch the stones, not for Allah.

ISIS reportedly is planning to take over the city of Arar in Saudi Arabia, which is very close to the Iraq border. It is a fifteen-hour drive away from Mecca, the site of the Hajj pilgrimage which all observant Muslims are expected to do at least once.

The statement is a shocking one even for ISIS, considering that they have been attempting to increase recruitment from Muslims worldwide by declaring the restoration of an Islamic Caliphate.

According to John L. Esposito, Professor of Religion and International Affairs and of Islamic Studies at Georgetown University, "In terms of legitimacy- unless you're someone who's ready to join a terrorist group at this point, for the vast majority of Muslims there is no legitimacy with this group." This most recent threat reinforces Esposito's point, particularly as it comes during the holy month of Ramadan.

Links in the original article on The Huffington Post

Not sure if this is valid or something to incite resistance to ISIS. But it would make sense to me if I was Muslim, I think. Glad I'm not Tongue

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #235 - July 01, 2014, 11:34 PM

the new Caliph of Islam al Baghdadi has made his first speech, translation of his doggerel here

That's scary as hell.
    How is that even happening.

Amirul-mu'minin. LOLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #236 - July 01, 2014, 11:37 PM

3rd (official) world war?
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #237 - July 01, 2014, 11:55 PM

It's just another proxy war or cold war. I will worry when more than the US is saber rattling. Russia is only concerned about is natural gas industry and its economic hegemony over eastern Europe
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #238 - July 02, 2014, 01:11 AM

Well that was a pleasant read.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #239 - July 02, 2014, 01:23 AM

I had an mental image of Hitler's speeches with his grandstanding and over the top arm movements. 
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 10 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »