Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420955 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 9 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #180 - June 26, 2014, 11:31 PM

Now it's a 3 sided war, sheesh. The rebels haven't even won in Syria yet are eager to start a new war. I think ISIS will either drive itself into the ground by overextending or it will divide between it's Syrian and Iraqi demographic
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #181 - June 26, 2014, 11:49 PM

ISIS
    Sunnis who support/don't stop ISIS thinking they can use them to bring down Maliki
    Sunnis who are anti-ISIS (Sahwa militias)
    Shia militias - some moderate, some extremist (Sadr)
    Kurds
    Iraqi military
    Irani troops
    Tukrmen milita (Kirkuk - wants Kirkuk handed back to Iraqi central government)

Fun for the whole family.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #182 - June 26, 2014, 11:54 PM

Added in 300 USA special force. As I highly doubt 300 troops are there for training. The US "trained" the Iraqi military for a decade, how are 300 guys going to correct training issues in short time in the middle of a civil war.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #183 - June 26, 2014, 11:57 PM

Well they could be good for providing surveillance information back to the US hive and pointing their lasers at targets for air strikes

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #184 - June 27, 2014, 01:21 AM

I used to read forums/websites run by these types of fundies,a long time ago now, it had a big influence to my leaving Islam. These guys absolutely insist on application of every cruelty in the hadith/quran+more. And the islamists, in the West, who make excuses for them on telly and socialmedia...dont get me started on those f-ckers finmad
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #185 - June 27, 2014, 05:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6dWbbaylo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gyBtT6iPPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QOegnHRTik

Rich Criminals escape Allah Wrath..  that should be a simple reason not to believe in fucking allah .. fucking god.. gods... voodoo dolls  whatever..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #186 - June 27, 2014, 08:10 PM

Islam is the sole reason why the Middle East is in total shit.

The funniest counter-argument to my claim, that I've read, is Saudi Arabia's wealth :3

A L S O!

What if Islam Never Existed? by AlternateHistoryHub
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqe9P0i-y94

If Islam never existed, we'd still have 300 million non-believers who were killed by the Sayf.....
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #187 - June 27, 2014, 10:48 PM

Children of war: ISIS kidnaps 140 Kurdish schoolboys and are 'brainwashing' them into becoming suicide bombers

Pupils aged 14 to 16 being held hostage in rebel-controlled city in Syria
    Forced to take lessons in Sharia law and watch horrific execution videos
    Escaped boy said armed fighters threatened to behead them if they fled

More than 140 schoolchildren are being 'brainwashed' into becoming suicide bombers for Islamist militants after being kidnapped in Syria, it emerged today.

The Kurdish pupils, aged between 14 and 16, are being held hostage in the ISIS-controlled city of Manbij, where they are being forced to take lessons in radical Islamic theology.

One 15-year-old boy, known as Mohammed, said masked fighters made him watch a video of fighters beheading a man on their first day - then warned he would face the same fate if he tried to escape.

He said the men, armed with AK-47 machine guns, told him: 'This is jihad for the sake of God.'

Despite the barbaric threat, he and a friend managed to escape after creating a diversion, climbing a fence and running to safety.

His account comes days after a human rights group revealed how ISIS militants waging war in Iraq and Syria are recruiting children for roles ranging from soldiers and snipers to stretcher bearers and suicide bombers.

Mohammed told CNN that he was kidnapped by armed fighters while travelling on a convoy of buses carrying children back from their final exams in the city of Aleppo on May 29.

He said the men angrily questioned why the boys were sitting with the girls, yelling at them: 'It is forbidden!'

Mohammed added: 'We were all so scared. We were excited to go home and see our families. We didn't know why they took us.'

He was among more than 140 Kurdish schoolboys kidnapped in Syria last month by ISIS, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and local activists.

The children were then taken to a mosque in Manbij, handed blankets and forced to sleep in a single rooms with 17 boys in each one.

They are woken up at dawn each day for prayer, made to take lessons for several hours on Sharia law then forced to watch horrific videos of executions and suicide missions, he said.

A father of one of the captured pupils, who is a senior Kurdish leader but didn't want to be identified in fear for his son's safety, said: 'They are trying to brainwash them.

'We have raised our children well, but we are worried how this will affect them psychologically.'

Earlier this week, a report by Human Rights Watch revealed how rebel groups across the ideological spectrum have employed children in the civil war in Syria.

Military and police forces in Kurdish-controlled areas have also used teenagers, it said.

'Syrian armed groups shouldn't prey on vulnerable children — who have seen their relatives killed, schools shelled and communities destroyed — by enlisting them in their forces,' said Priyanka Motaparthy, the author of the 31-page report.

'The horrors of Syria's armed conflict are only made worse by throwing children into the front lines.'

Human Rights Watch said the extremist Nusra Front and the Islamic State have both targeted children as young as 15 through education programs, which include military training.

The group, which said the number of children fighting in the conflict is unknown, based its report on interviews with 25 children and former child soldiers in Syria.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #188 - June 28, 2014, 12:02 AM

The killing fields of Iraq: ISIS massacred up to 190 prisoners in just four days, according to analysis of satellite images and horrific pictures posted by jihadists

Human Rights Watch said Sunni militants executed 160 to 190 men at two locations in Tikrit from June 11 to June 14
    Group pinpointed two trenches filled with bodies at first location by cross-checking ground features and landmarks
    First execution site located in a field near former palace of the late dictator Saddam Hussein, next to the Tigris river
    Other images show prisoners at a second execution site being shot in head, but its position could not be located
    HRW director: 'Images from Tikrit provide strong evidence of horrible war crime that needs further investigation'

Iraqi insurgents executed at least 160 prisoners in just four days in the northern city of Tikrit, according to a human rights group which cited analysis of satellite imagery and shocking photographs released by the militants.

The U.S.-based Human Rights Watch said jihadists from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) killed between 160 and 190 men in two locations in Tikrit between June 11 and June 14.

The group has compiled a series of graphics documenting the massacres after painstakingly cross-referencing landmarks and individuals from various satellite images with pictures posted online by ISIS.

'The number of victims may well be much higher, but the difficulty of locating bodies and accessing the area has prevented a full investigation,' it said.

After overrunning large swaths of northern Iraq and capturing the cities of Mosul and Tikrit earlier this month, the Islamic extremist group posted graphic photos on a militant website that appeared to show fighters loading dozens of captured soldiers onto flatbed trucks.

They were then forced to lie in a shallow ditch with their hands tied behind their backs while apparently being shot in the head. A final set of photos shows bodies piled up.

Peter Bouckaert, emergencies director at Human Rights Watch, said in a statement: 'The photos and satellite images from Tikrit provide strong evidence of a horrible war crime that needs further investigation.'

The rights group located two of the trenches filled with bodies at the first location by cross-checking against ground features and landmarks in the photographs released by ISIS.

HRW said that using satellite imagery from 2013 and publicly available photos taken earlier, it was able to pinpoint the execution site in a field near a former palace of the late dictator Saddam Hussein, next to the Tigris river.

It said satellite imagery of the site from June 16 did not reveal bodies, but showed indications of vehicles and earth movement consistent with the two shallow trenches visible in the photos.

HRW counted the bodies visible in the available photographs, and estimated that ISIS killed between 90 and 110 men in one trench and between 35 and 40 men in the second.

A further photograph shows a large trench with between 35 and 40 prisoners shot at a second site but Human Rights Watch said it had not been able to pinpoint the site.

Chief Iraqi military spokesman Lt Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi confirmed the authenticity of the pictures on June 15, after they first surfaced, and said he was aware of cases of mass murder of captured Iraqi soldiers in areas held by the Islamic State.

He told The Associated Press at the time that an examination of the images by military experts showed that about 170 soldiers were shot dead after their capture.

Captions on the photos showing the soldiers after they were shot say 'hundreds have been liquidated', but the total could not be verified.

The massacre appeared to be aimed at instilling fear in Iraq's demoralised armed forces - which melted away as militants seized much of the north in a matter of days - as well as the country's Shiite majority, whom the Islamic State views as apostates.

'This is the fate that awaits the Shiites sent by Nouri to fight the Sunnis,' one caption read, apparently referring to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. 

The rapid advance of the Islamic State and allied Sunni militants has ignited sectarian tensions, with heavily armed Shiite militias vowing to defend Baghdad and revered shrine cities to the south.

On Thursday, a bombing killed 12 people in a Shiite neighborhood of Baghdad that houses a revered shrine, and police found the bullet-riddled bodies of eight Sunnis south of the capital.

Prominent Shiite leaders are meanwhile pushing for the removal of al-Maliki, who has come under mounting pressure to reach out to the country's disaffected Sunni and Kurdish minorities and rapidly form a unified government following April's parliamentary elections.

Even al-Maliki's most important ally, neighboring Iran, is said to be looking at alternatives.

A senior Iranian general who met with Shi'ite politicians in Iraq during a 10-day visit this month returned home with a list of potential prime minister candidates for Iran's leadership to consider, several senior Iraqi Shi'ite politicians who have knowledge of the general's meetings told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The general, Ghasem Soleimani, is expected to return within days to inform Iraqi politicians of Tehran's favorite, they said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the internal deliberations.

The rapid advance of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in the north as well as the restive western Anbar province has plunged Iraq into its worst crisis since U.S. troops withdrew in 2011 and raised fears of a region-wide conflict.

The radical group has carved out a self-styled Islamic state straddling the Syrian-Iraqi border, where it has imposed a brutal version of Shariah law.

Russia's U.N. ambassador said Thursday that there is a real prospect of a terrorist state springing up from Syria's second-largest city Aleppo to Iraq's capital Baghdad.

Vitaly Churkin, the current president of the U.N. Security Council, said he told the 14 other council members that a terrorist state 'is a very, very serious prospect' that the council needs to address 'because really we are lagging behind... in our responses.'

He argued that Russia's support for President Bashar Assad's government in Syria was aimed at preventing the Islamic State from taking over.

The United States is also looking to Syria, with President Barack Obama requesting $500 million to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels in the hopes of opening up a new front against the Islamic State, which has been at war with other Islamic and secular rebel groups since the start of the year.

The rebel groups turned on the Islamic State because of its alleged brutality toward rivals and activists.

Massacres like the one depicted in the online photos from Iraq could alienate some Sunnis while emboldening the armed forces and Shi'ite militias.

SUNNI PRISONERS 'EXECUTED BY GOVERNMENT FORCES IN REVENGE ATTACKS ON ISIS'

Sunni prisoners are being summarily executed by government forces in much the same way as insurgents have been exacting on captured Iraqis, it was claimed today.

Amnesty International says it has evidence of a pattern of dozens of executions of detainees by Iraqi troops and Shia militias in the cities of Tal Afar, Mosul and Baquba.

Surviving detainees and relatives of those killed gave graphic accounts that suggest Iraqi forces had carried out a series of vengeful attacks against Sunni detainees before withdrawing from Tal Afar and Mosul in northern Iraq, the Amnesty report said.

Amnesty International's Senior Crisis Response Adviser Donatella Rovera, said: 'Reports of multiple incidents where Sunni detainees have been killed in cold blood while in the custody of Iraqi forces are deeply alarming.

'Those among the warring parties in Iraq who are committing war crimes should know that the impunity they currently enjoy won’t last forever and that they may one day be held accountable for their crimes.' 

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #189 - June 28, 2014, 10:21 AM

Iraq_ Killing Filed ISIS ISLAMIC BRUTAL ROGUES

That is how MUSLIM ROGUES KILL those whom they don't consider as Muslims

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #190 - June 28, 2014, 10:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pFhFjE00bo

Shiite villagers describe ISIS 'massacre' in northern IRAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032yEJKF1os

Foreign ISIS Fighter in Iraq: We Will Conquer Jerusalem, Rome, and Spain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxY8thehL8

ya.. go to Jerusalem, Rome, and Spain., Leave Iraq go there .. you fuckers will be become Carbon and carbon dioxide along with you  your Islam will vaporize

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #191 - June 28, 2014, 05:11 PM

This looks like Anfal. Fucking hell. Like Germany, the Al Saud, Armen, Cambodia. People are despicable, nasty creatures. Grasping at excuses to behave like this.
    All this happened before. The kidnapping of the women, the truckloads of people for execution, the persecution, the arrivals in the middle of the night. Goddamned bastards in Nigeria and Iraq trading women like cattle, again.
    And any new excuse makes it permissible to do it anew. Everyone thinks they are superior. That is the worst trait of religion, any ideology, the superiority complex the believers have. Look what it leads to.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #192 - June 28, 2014, 05:31 PM

And where do they get their inspiration? The 'Holy' religious texts!
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #193 - June 28, 2014, 06:03 PM

Not everyone. That was not Lenin's motivation. Nor Stalin, nor Mao's.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #194 - June 28, 2014, 06:08 PM

I know that, just these ISIS fellas.

I know that Lenin, Stalin and Mao were pretty against clericalism trying to force the anti-clerical stand of Marx in doing so becoming Clerics in and of themselves, not of a religion but of Communism.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #195 - June 28, 2014, 06:10 PM

Yes, any ideology that claims superiority over others. Is a horrid twisted thing.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #196 - June 29, 2014, 05:31 AM

correction, ANY ideology that claims superiority over others, whether the members show it or not, is as bad as Nazism.

From my research on the Ottoman empire, the Ottomans ATTEMPTED to give Non-Muslims equal rights and stated that Non-Muslims were equal in status to Muslims, this was called TANZIMAT.

Guess what was the general reaction to Tanzimat by the majority of Muslims in the ottoman empire?
    Increased intolerance and violence towards non-Muslims...

Apparently, The Islamic Superiority Complex is so ingrained that no law by government could ever change it.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #197 - June 29, 2014, 12:16 PM

I would believe that, readily. But I am surprised that the Ottomans tried to do that. I never thought of them as concerned with rights, though I admit I have not done my research. I suppose I meant to say that it is at odds with my overall impression of the Ottoman Empire.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #198 - June 29, 2014, 02:21 PM

From my very limited knowledge, they passed some reforms and were liberalizing when the empire began crumbling. IIRC, death for apostasy was scrapped. I know Abd-al-Wahhab and his followers were not pleased.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #199 - June 29, 2014, 02:24 PM

Of course he wasn't. Interesting. I should start rebuilding my library.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #200 - June 29, 2014, 06:56 PM

they've declared the Caliphate.

Here's the declaration doggerel

https://ia902505.us.archive.org/28/items/poa_25984/EN.pdf

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #201 - June 29, 2014, 06:58 PM

Greatttt!
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #202 - June 29, 2014, 07:01 PM

That was very unsettling to read.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #203 - June 29, 2014, 07:07 PM

You read it? I didn't have the guts!
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #204 - June 29, 2014, 07:09 PM

You're not missing much. It's the kinda shit that makes me pissed off when people say this has nothing to do with islam.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #205 - June 29, 2014, 07:31 PM

I'm torn between "Jesus, what balls" that a man can basically name himself Caliph (given that he's scarcely the best-known descendant of Muhammad out there), and wondering what the reaction within the UK and beyond is among our bearded and ankle-exposing brethren. Interesting times.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #206 - June 29, 2014, 07:50 PM

correction, ANY ideology that claims superiority over others, whether the members show it or not, is as bad as Nazism.

From my research on the Ottoman empire, the Ottomans ATTEMPTED to give Non-Muslims equal rights and stated that Non-Muslims were equal in status to Muslims, this was called TANZIMAT.

Guess what was the general reaction to Tanzimat by the majority of Muslims in the ottoman empire?
    Increased intolerance and violence towards non-Muslims...

Apparently, The Islamic Superiority Complex is so ingrained that no law by government could ever change it.

My understanding was that the genocide of armenians and other christian groups was mainly driven by the Young Turks, whose leadership comprised of different religions(or nonreligions), although Ive also read that it had a religious aspect.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #207 - June 29, 2014, 07:55 PM

I would believe that, readily. But I am surprised that the Ottomans tried to do that. I never thought of them as concerned with rights, though I admit I have not done my research. I suppose I meant to say that it is at odds with my overall impression of the Ottoman Empire.

Almost all of the laws in the Ottoman empire were secular by the end of 18ths century(before year 1900), the exception being the personal status laws(marriage, inheritance etc)
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #208 - June 29, 2014, 08:48 PM

they've declared the Caliphate.

Here's the declaration doggerel

https://ia902505.us.archive.org/28/items/poa_25984/EN.pdf

So much is wrong with this from the beginning. So disturbing. Look at all the ancient history crap in here. It's all about being superior. I hope everyone sees this and just rejects it outright. I hope everyone starts issuing fatwas against this, even. That would probably work better than common sense.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #209 - June 29, 2014, 09:15 PM

I'd really like to debate or see a debate with these fundies over evidence for/against Islam. However my worry is assholes at someintelligence service might mix up ip number with the fundies...and U know the rest...although I use Tor to conceal my ip.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 9 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »