Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why Allah is unlike any other deity

(Read 37941 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why Allah is unlike any other deity
     Reply #270 - September 11, 2014, 01:52 AM

Dear Bogart,

Carpentaro cannot answer your question, as he relies only on blind faith to prove his point.

You may, however, be interested in my post (203) on page 7.  It is certainly more accurate and better researched than any of Carpentaro's submissions.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.

Sometimes people produce a source for their claims. Depending on how creditable it is at times I find something interesting or new.
     Reply #271 - September 11, 2014, 09:28 AM

Dear Lua,

I am sure that your parents are lovely people, but am unfamiliar with the concept of having to be religious in order to please (or appease) parents. 

Religion, amongst many other things, was discussed openly in my childhood home, but only ever at an intellectual level.  There was never any expectation that I would follow a religious path, which is just as well.

Please keep the parrot, as I believe it is well deserved.

Dear Bogart,

Carpentaro has yet to produce a single argument for which he has evidence.  The whole thing, as we know, hinges only on personal prejudice and blind faith.

His only weapon is sophistry, and his only hope is that he can catch the odd vulnerable and suggestible person with his fallacious diatribe.

Kind Regards to One and All,
    Stephen.
     Reply #272 - September 11, 2014, 09:37 AM

Dear Stephen,

Is there any reason for your formal epistolary style, or can it all be blamed on port and gout?

Kind Regards,
    David
     Reply #273 - September 11, 2014, 10:20 AM

Dear David,

I find that certain circumstances demand a different approach, and reserve the right to employ whatever style I feel appropriate at the time of writing.

You may choose to imagine that Port or Gout affects my writing style, though I assure you that neither is true.

Whilst wishing to specifically address two individuals, I chose to do so on an open forum.  This, as far as I can tell, is not against any rules of the forum.

I appreciate your candour, but am not ready to turn over editorial control of my contributions to you at this time. (or any other time, for that matter)

It only remains for me to thank you for your query, and for pointing out the inadequacies of my writing style. 

Yours Sincerely,
    Stephen.
     Reply #274 - September 11, 2014, 11:42 AM

Dear Stephen,

Is there any reason for your formal epistolary style, or can it all be blamed on port and gout?

Kind Regards,
    David

Cheesy JOTM nomination coming up.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #275 - September 11, 2014, 02:59 PM

Oh gosh i usually sign off a post with "Love" or infinite peace or something very mushy along with love hearts, flowers and teddy bears lol, won't really work on here  : )   but anyway, i don't think carpentaro or any other visitor who comes here with a belief has to prove anything to anyone nor do they have to enter into a debate about it unless they initially requested one, just my opinion : )

x
     Reply #276 - September 11, 2014, 04:36 PM

Hi Suki,

Please accept a  parrot of peace.

I really do hope that you will resume ending your posts in a "mushy" way.

As for people "not having to prove anything", they must certainly back up any claims they make.

Now then, one more  parrot and that's your lot.

Huge Hugs & Kisses,
    Stephen.
     Reply #277 - September 11, 2014, 06:51 PM

Thanks Stephen    : )

peace x
     Reply #278 - September 27, 2014, 05:33 PM

Allah is ony an Arabic word for God with an uppercase G

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #279 - January 04, 2015, 03:05 PM

Why Allah is unlike any other deity
    There's something that most if not all of us [ex-muslims] have in common. We were all once scared of Allah.

The authors of the Quran used horrific and disturbing imagery to scare people into beliving.

Nope,i never was scared of the word 'Allah' or God'. I know that it's all a story created by one person or some group of people to dominate all people in the world.
             I know the authors used idiotic sentences and if there was a god,he can't do those things to good people.
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »