Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Iranian 'Happy' dancers arrested and then released.

(Read 9820 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Iranian 'Happy' dancers arrested and then released.
     Reply #30 - May 25, 2014, 12:03 PM

Can you imagine how fucking joyless an Islamic planet would be?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #31 - May 25, 2014, 12:06 PM

Yep. I lived in Saudi Arabia.
     Reply #32 - May 25, 2014, 12:14 PM

I don't think an Islamic planet is even possible. Islam needs something to hate and rail against in order to have function and coherence. I suppose the clerical elite could just keep inventing crimes though.

Reply #33 - May 25, 2014, 12:17 PM

They would continue to be against simply being human. So long as people enjoy laughter, fun, flirting, creativity, and color, they will have something to be against.
     Reply #34 - May 25, 2014, 12:18 PM

I often wonder how islam would have evolved if it had entered into western europe, england was twice to become an islamic country through royal marriages, we even had our coins printed with the shahadah on in medieval times..  hmm how would it have looked then and today.. Still doesnt change the fact that most of the quran has errors and contradictions.
     Reply #35 - May 25, 2014, 12:21 PM

with regards to laughter and fun, i remember on many occasions laughing out loud, i have a terrible laugh and being told by muslim guys to hush up coz women arent allowed to laugh wacko
     Reply #36 - May 25, 2014, 01:20 PM

They would continue to be against simply being human. So long as people enjoy laughter, fun, flirting, creativity, and color, they will have something to be against.

It's so unnatural. In all the worst possible ways.

Reply #37 - May 25, 2014, 01:47 PM

It's almost like comic book plot level evil. "Kids are dancing because they're happy? Seize them at once! I will put an end to this happiness if it's the last thing I do. Muhuhuwahaha!"

Reply #38 - May 25, 2014, 02:18 PM

That's what makes it so repugnant to me. That it's just so fucking mind-numbingly dumb and juvenile. So fucking dumb that it almost causes me physical pain to hear about it. During those brief respites when I'm not fully and completely disgusted by the gross obscenity of mainstream religion that infects and shames this world, I am just embarrassed for all religious people. Moderate and zealot alike. They are a fucking liability. I pity them and look down on them. But any sense of superiority I might enjoy is ruined by the fact that they rule the fucking world.

Reply #39 - May 25, 2014, 03:20 PM

england was twice to become an islamic country through royal marriages, we even had our coins printed with the shahadah on in medieval times..

What? That sounds like pseudo-history from a Dawa site. Can you elaborate?
     Reply #40 - May 25, 2014, 04:03 PM

with regards to laughter and fun, i remember on many occasions laughing out loud, i have a terrible laugh and being told by muslim guys to hush up coz women arent allowed to laugh wacko

When I used to study with a cleric he used to ask me not to laugh out loud as I am a girl. Then I said that my mum does that, so? He never really had an answer to that.
     Reply #41 - May 25, 2014, 04:21 PM

It was an imitation. Offa was a Christian King who built numerous Christian Churches. The coins could have been minted for use in trade as the dinar was the major currency during this time.  Charlemagne's Empire used these coins as well as Christian Spain and Italy. These coins have been found in Rome which at this time was ruled by the Papacy. Gold was rare in Europe well into the 13th century so silver was the main form of currency. Gold was minted for specific reasons, for use a decorations or for large sum payments. 1 standardized gold coin was worth 30 silver pennies. 1 gold coin was worth a month's wage of a craftsmen so was very valuable within an economy.

The speculation of Offa becoming a Muslim is very weak at best. The history just doesn't add up. There is only coins in support of this conclusion. There is vastly more support for Offa being a Christian. More of these coins have been found in bastions of Christianity yet none of these rulers were Muslim or became Muslim. Grasping at straw's, nothing more.

The royal marriages were due to marriages with royalty in Spain. Christian Spain and Muslim Spain had a number of marriages. English marriages to Christian Spain could have possibly created blood connections with Muslim bloodlines. However these were Christian marriages not Islamic. The links are through Isabella who was Christian herself, her mother converted after the Almoravids conquered Seville. Isabella was not married to the heir but 5th son. The conclusion that England would become Islamic through blood ties of other blood ties is very weak. The male heirs determined the nations religion not the Queen. This is backed up by Elizabeth refusing marriage to other royalty as her husband would become the monarch of England. She would have lost power.
     Reply #42 - May 25, 2014, 04:55 PM

What? That sounds like pseudo-history from a Dawa site. Can you elaborate?

Hey i will have to revert back to the net again for this lol, here goes me with my weak links again lol..  wacko  sure it was a king John expectwd to marry a morrocan princess i will check again, ofcourse the uK had many kingdoms so he may have been a minor, i shall check it out and come back..
     Reply #43 - May 25, 2014, 04:57 PM

When I used to study with a cleric he used to ask me not to laugh out loud as I am a girl. Then I said that my mum does that, so? He never really had an answer to that.

Hi oh i remember watching comedy on tv in my seperate room and laughing. Like you do naturally and the men in the other room would send my ex in telling me how distatesful and disgusting it is to hear a woman laugh so loud :(  wacko    whateverrrr
     Reply #44 - May 25, 2014, 05:29 PM

John was in conflict with the Pope, his people, the nobility and France. He was excommunicated and under an interdict. The records of John's links with Islam are made after his death claiming John petitioned Muhammad al-Nasir, 4th Caliph of the Almohad dynasty, help against the Pope and France. He offered to convert in exchange of military aid. However this claim are highly doubted as there is no evidence except from one man. Considering John was not just vilified by the people and nobility. The Papacy was involved, and authorized, John's many agreements which he broke. The Pope authorized John to break the Magna Carta agreement. The Church had good reasons for vilifying John as he was an enemy at times but they were also accomplices in events which are viewed in a negative light in modern and post John England. The story itself is not accepted by historians
     Reply #45 - May 25, 2014, 05:49 PM

Hi oh i remember watching comedy on tv in my seperate room and laughing. Like you do naturally and the men in the other room would send my ex in telling me how distatesful and disgusting it is to hear a woman laugh so loud :(  wacko    whateverrrr

I was shushed in public all the time, and I spent many days hiding in back rooms when men were in the house. I am not doing that to my daughter.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #46 - May 25, 2014, 06:06 PM

John was in conflict with the Pope, his people, the nobility and France. He was excommunicated and under an interdict. The records of John's links with Islam are made after his death claiming John petitioned Muhammad al-Nasir, 4th Caliph of the Almohad dynasty, help against the Pope and France. He offered to convert in exchange of military aid. However this claim are highly doubted as there is no evidence except from one man. Considering John was not just vilified by the people and nobility. The Papacy was involved, and authorized, John's many agreements which he broke. The Pope authorized John to break the Magna Carta agreement. The Church had good reasons for vilifying John as he was an enemy at times but they were also accomplices in events which are viewed in a negative light in modern and post John England. The story itself is not accepted by historians

Wow Bogart you history is aaamazing  Smiley
     Reply #47 - May 25, 2014, 07:08 PM

The UK is one of my history hobbies outside my major and minors. I developed an interest when I learned about my family ties to clan Murray, Andrew of Moray, in Scotland and William Wallace's Wars of Scottish Independence. Andrew was a/the co-commander with Wallace but was killed at Stirling Bridge.
     Reply #48 - May 25, 2014, 07:10 PM

Was it like a donkey laugh? Cause you have to know how bad those type of laughs are  whistling2
     Reply #49 - May 26, 2014, 06:21 AM

^ No its more like a cackling witch lol

Hey yes i have heard abour Moray, i have a good celtic family tree too with some significant figures, wont bore anyone with it though lol
     Reply #50 - May 26, 2014, 12:18 PM

I have the high pitched witch laugh too, but also this super nice and loud feminine laugh I can use when I'm in places where I have to behave more like a normal person. Depends on my mood, really. But nothing compares with the crazy witch laugh you let out, it's so much more enjoyable.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #51 - May 26, 2014, 01:02 PM

Agreed Cornflower. Why do people trample on joy like it is rubbish?
     Reply #52 - May 26, 2014, 01:23 PM

I have the high pitched witch laugh too, but also this super nice and loud feminine laugh I can use when I'm in places where I have to behave more like a normal person. Depends on my mood, really. But nothing compares with the crazy witch laugh you let out, it's so much more enjoyable.

My high pitch witchy cackle unfortunately ends with a pig snort too..   yes  it's beautiful   :(
     Reply #53 - June 01, 2014, 04:24 PM

I loved this one! By the way I loled so much when I saw the breakdancers' outfits.My brother-in-law told me that during the 90's it was super trendy for men in his city (back in the old country) to wear harem pants, barefoot and no shirt. People seriously dressed like that Cheesy

That is a 20th Century mentality for you. If Islam made that fashion haram, then it might get my respect. lol

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #54 - June 02, 2014, 04:54 PM

I can laugh like Jerry when one of my particular mood calls for it. The mood is called 'the naughty mood'.
     Reply #55 - September 18, 2014, 02:27 PM

Iranians behind Tehran version of 'Happy' sentenced to six months in prison and 91 lashes

A group of seven Iranian men and women who created and starred in their own version of a video for Pharrell Williams’ song ‘Happy’ have each been given suspended sentences of prison time and 91 lashes.

The fun-loving friends were arrested in May after posting their homemade music video ‘Happy in Tehran’ to YouTube.

They were forced to publicly confess and apologise on national television before being released on bail, with police chief Hossein Sajedinia warning others that the video was “a vulgar clip” which “hurt public chastity”.

Their lawyer Farshid Rofugaran told English-language Iranian news outlet IranWire that six of the group were yesterday given six months in prison and 91 lashes, while a seventh – the Director of the video – was also given 91 lashes but one year in jail. The sentences are suspended for three years.

A suspended sentence becomes null and void after a certain period of time,” he said.

When it’s a suspended sentence, the verdict is not carried out, but if during this period a similar offense is committed, then the accused is subject to legal punishment and the suspended sentence will then be carried out as well.”

The announcement of the arrests earlier this year drew widespread criticism and even led to Pharrell Williams tweeting that it was “beyond sad these kids were arrested for trying to spread happiness”.

Prior to their detainment, the group had given an interview to IranWire, stating that they were all involved in the arts and wanted to respond to singer Mr Williams’ viral campaign which had aimed to get people around the world to upload videos of themselves “demonstrating their happiness” for the UN’s International Day of Happiness.

“We wanted to tell the world that the Iranian capital is full of lively young people and change the harsh and rough image that the world sees on the news,” said Neda, one of its stars.

She said they had shown the finished product to their parents who were proud and concerned in equal measures because they knew the group liked to challenge perceptions and “push the envelope”.

Lawyer Mr Rofugaran said that the group were pleased that the sentences are suspended and that they could either accept it or appeal.

When asked about the terms and conditions of the sentence he confirmed: “They are not banned from leaving the country. Some of them have even travelled abroad during this time.”

Champa Patel, from Amnesty International UK, censured the sentence and told MailOnline: "Arresting people for dancing in a video tribute to a song called Happy is taking things to a new level of dark irony even for the authoritarian Iranian authorities.

"Iran already stamps all over freedom of expression, banning the use of satellite dishes, filtering the internet, and jailing journalists, artists and film directors. The authorities should stop persecuting these people and drop this ludicrous case against them."

A cartoon entitled 'Anti-Happy Decision in Iran' was published on IranWire depicting a mouth being dragged into a frown by Lady Justice.

The end credits of the video – which can still be viewed online though the original has been made private – reads: “We have made this video as Pharrell Williams fans in 8hrs with iPhone 5S. ‘Happy’ was an excuse to be happy. We enjoyed every second of making it. Hope it puts a smile on your face.”

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #56 - September 18, 2014, 03:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6X8AD5Chc

The struggles for soul of Iran from the  clutches of Arabian baboons and babboonism will continue until Political Islam is dead and buried...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »