Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: From Salafi to Atheist

(Read 7991 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     OP - May 06, 2014, 03:09 PM

From Salafi to Atheist
    ----------------------
    I was born into what you could call a Liberal Fundamentalist Family. While I was raised to belive that the Hijab was just as haram as not wearing one I was also taught that it was okay if people wore the Hijab.

For things like Listening to Music and Drawing Faces, I'm not allowed to do them but even when I do they don't really care so I guess you could call it a hypocritical upbringing.

At the age of 13 I began doubting Islam and at the age of 14 I went through a depressive phase where I was thinking about suicide, in fact I can thank Islam for me being alive or else I would've killed my self.

I'm now 15, turning 16 in a few months (I know I need to be 16 to join the fourm but....) and I'm no longer a Muslim.

While I had always known and believed in Salafi Islam I didn't really practice it. At the age of 13 I began masturbating even though I knew my hands were supposedly going to become impregnated on the day of Judgment.

A few months ago I met a muslim girl that I was quite fond of. Ironically, meeting her led me to becoming a devout muslim. I started praying again, stopped masturbating and began reading the Quran. I ended up breaking off the relationship with her because of Allah.

I had begun reading Surah Al-Baqarah in both Arabic and English. When I finished it I found many things that I didn't quite agree with in it. I found no mention of Exo-Planents or Galaxies, the whole Surah seemed extremely geocentrical. All Allah talked about was the Heavens and the Earth. I asked my self, why isn't God telling us about what is out there?

I also found out how grouse and sadistic Allah is. The punishments scared me shitless!

These doubts bothered me a lot. So much that I was actually wishing that someone would kill me so I could meet Allah and ask him about it all (THANK THOR THEY DIDN'T!).

I began spending more time on reddit and starting debating people on Islam.

While arguing about Islam on reddit I came across /r/exmuslim. For me this was a big shock! I realized that it was possible to leave Islam! I never knew that I could actually leave. That someone was able to stop believing in what their parents believe in.

I remember my first though when I saw the subreddit. Ironically I said to myself, what kind of idiotic people are these? Don't they realize Allah is going to burn them forever?!

I found it astounding that they weren't scared of being burned alive and so I asked them straight out, why they stopped believing in Allah.

I surprisingly found many reasons on why I should believe in Allah. I started researching Islam critically for the first time. I found that not only did the Quran have many contradictions but it also had many scientific inconstancies.

I became scared. I said to my self, "What if Allah does exist, will he burn me for doubting?". I tried to convince myself that he did exist, I was scared of the unknown!

I didn't want to go deeper into the rabbit hole but I eventually did. I found so much inconstancies that I eventually said, "that's it. I can't believe in Allah!". I did actually give Allah his one last chance. I called out to him, I told him that if he sends me a sign I will not only believe in Islam but I would become a scholar and travel around the world giving Dawah for him! Of Couse he didn't send one because he doesn’t exist.

I have composed a list of reasons on why I don't believe in Allah and I though you guys might enjoy them:

• I don’t want to believe in a sadist God. God creates every life knowing that every single interaction in their life as a child is going to affect who they’re going to be as an Adult. God would know everything about them. He would know that his person would be a Christian because of their childhood indoctrination. He would know that they would deny Islam for the same reasons Muslims deny Christianity. He would believe that he is going to heaven. I cannot believe in a God that would know all of this and then still decide to subject this poor soul to torture FOREVER for denying what some dawah gimp said to him!
    • Islam is a criteria for gullibility. God essentially says to us: “Hey guys. I’m not going to provide you with any hard hitting evidence. I’m not going to provide you with any evidence at all. I’m going to put verses inside my book that will cause you to doubt its legitimacy. I’m consciously going to decide not to talk about how the Earth is round and that the Earth revolves around then Sun even though I know that by doing that I could convert millions of you. No, I’m not going to do any of that. I except you to believe in me without any doubts and if you don’t I’m going to torment you forever. I’m going to pour molten brass down your trough. I’m going to throw boiling water upon your heads… Forever! I don’t give a shit if my religion has many contradictions within it, if you don’t believe you’re fucking done for!”.
    • Allah says that he doesn’t have any needs yet he desires to create us? How does that make sense? If there was a God I can attest that this God would have no needs, they would be content with what is! They wouldn’t need to actively create people destined for eternal hell unless they were sadists!
    • The Quran seems like the writings of a 7th Century Arab not a true God.
    • The Quran not once mentions that the shape of the Earth is a sphere or that it revolves around the Sun. Instead it talks about the Earth being flat. I can’t imagine a God actively inciting doubt into his religion.
    • If there is a God we must attest that this God would be the most intelligent. Reading the writings of this God would be the most amazing literature on Earth. It would bring every being to tears. Every sentence would be the most calculated and eloquent sentence ever and the Quran does not embody this. The Quran doesn’t have any clarity at all.
    • If the Quran was written by a Supreme Being it wouldn’t have any contradictions.
    • The whole concept of religion is flawed. So Allah wants me to believe that he exists yet he is actively choosing not to give me proof!
    • If there was a Creator that actually wanted us to believe that he exists he wouldn’t pick and choose who gets to know with absolute certainty that exists (eg. Prophets) he would actually rip open the Sky and prove it! What kind of God threatens us to believe in an obscure revelation.
    • Islam expects me to believe in it with absolute certainty or suffer eternal damnation while proving absolutely no proofs!
    • I said this before but I think it needs to be reiterated. If Allah is real that means the he actively chose not to put scientific facts into his book that would basically prove it 100%! That’s a pretty fucked up God! No, you know what? It’s a fucking despicable God. What kind of sadistic psychotic fucker excepts you to be gullible and if you’re not, they will fucking destroy you forever!
    • The Quran is full contradictions!
    • The Quran is a combination of cherry picked biblical and Judea stories. Nothing new is introduced inside of it! It is highly evident that Muhammed was most likely taught these stories either by a Rabbi/Priest or while traveling.

Mind my language in the above list, I’m pretty angry about this. Anyway this is why I am no longer a Muslim and if you are a Muslim I hope this convinces you that Islam is falsehood.

Now here's a bunny: bunny.

-Abu Murtad

Ash'hadu An La Ilaha - I bare witness that there is no God.

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #1 - May 06, 2014, 03:15 PM

parrot

Welcome! I am so glad to see you have it all pegged at your age. A good mind will serve you well in life.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #2 - May 06, 2014, 03:25 PM

Welcome to the forum !  signwelcome

I left islam at age 16 as well. We have alot of teenagers on this forum so you'll definitely fit in. 

We have a few ex salafis on this forum too.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #3 - May 06, 2014, 03:36 PM

Welcome to the forum Abu Murtad, hope you will find it beneficial. Have the complementary parrot and bunny  parrot bunny

And since I am in good mood today, have a banana too  banana dance

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #4 - May 06, 2014, 03:39 PM

Welcome Abu. A parrot for you. parrot

If you haven't seen it yet you may enjoy this. Debunking Jahannam: Why Islamic Hell Is Not Real

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #5 - May 06, 2014, 03:50 PM

signwelcome

I left Islam at 16 too; currently 17, almost 18.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #6 - May 06, 2014, 04:22 PM

Welcome Abu. A parrot for you. parrot

If you haven't seen it yet you may enjoy this. Debunking Jahannam: Why Islamic Hell Is Not Real.

Already seen it, and it's a great piece! I've seen a lot of the threads on this fourm I just haven gotten around to signing up til now.

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #7 - May 06, 2014, 06:47 PM

Welcome Abu. I myself left Islam at 14. 16 now. Welcome aboard  Smiley
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #8 - May 06, 2014, 06:56 PM

I am very impressed.

Firstly, for a 15 year old, you write very well - I guess that's an A* in GCSE guaranteed  Afro

Secondly, spot on. I'm currently 20, but when I was 14/15 I took the opposite path - I took the path of SALAFISM! It wasn't my parents or anyone around, me, it was some sheikh on the internet, that was charismatic and full of stories (that were all bullshit really) that I clung onto. I became devoted, a Quran whore, I gave up masterbating for so long (Fuck, such a waste of potential pleasure right there) - I could have had sex but didn't because I was "Doing it for Allah" - I was "Struggling in the Dunya for the Hereafter" (bullshit bullshit bullshit) - don't get me going again, anyway, I memorized half the Quran, and yes, Arabic is my first language, and yes, I was debating Islam quite strongly - and yes, the worst part is that the community around me and my family friends have this percieved reputation of me being RELIGIOUS! AHH.

I'm just mentioning the above to save you the hassle and congratulate you on figuring it out years before many people did.

Religion is a prison.

Enjoy living as a free man/woman who will contribute to society and the world as a whole.

Much Love

A
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #9 - May 06, 2014, 06:59 PM

With all the bullshit out there on how "You need to understand Arabic, you can't comment if you don't know Arabic", I really wish there were more public ex-muslims fluent in the language.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #10 - May 06, 2014, 07:33 PM

I am very impressed.

Firstly, for a 15 year old, you write very well - I guess that's an A* in GCSE guaranteed  Afro

Secondly, spot on. I'm currently 20, but when I was 14/15 I took the opposite path - I took the path of SALAFISM! It wasn't my parents or anyone around, me, it was some sheikh on the internet, that was charismatic and full of stories (that were all bullshit really) that I clung onto. I became devoted, a Quran whore, I gave up masterbating for so long (Fuck, such a waste of potential pleasure right there) - I could have had sex but didn't because I was "Doing it for Allah" - I was "Struggling in the Dunya for the Hereafter" (bullshit bullshit bullshit) - don't get me going again, anyway, I memorized half the Quran, and yes, Arabic is my first language, and yes, I was debating Islam quite strongly - and yes, the worst part is that the community around me and my family friends have this percieved reputation of me being RELIGIOUS! AHH.

I'm just mentioning the above to save you the hassle and congratulate you on figuring it out years before many people did.

Religion is a prison.

Enjoy living as a free man/woman who will contribute to society and the world as a whole.

Much Love

A

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me Smiley.

With all the bullshit out there on how "You need to understand Arabic, you can't comment if you don't know Arabic", I really wish there were more public ex-muslims fluent in the language.

After leaving Islam I've surprising become more keen to do well in my Arabic classes in spite of Islam. I do Arabic 4 times a week and I hope to use my skills later on when debating agaisn't Muslims!

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #11 - May 06, 2014, 07:35 PM

I'm surprised that there are actually quite a lot of teenagers on this forum, myself included. It's good people are leaving religion at a younger age, so that they can experience the rest of their life to the fullest, not bound by superstition and religious dogma.

So Abu Murtad, what GCSE subjects have you taken? And what do you plan on doing for your future?
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #12 - May 07, 2014, 05:41 AM

I'm surprised that there are actually quite a lot of teenagers on this forum, myself included. It's good people are leaving religion at a younger age, so that they can experience the rest of their life to the fullest, not bound by superstition and religious dogma.

So Abu Murtad, what GCSE subjects have you taken? And what do you plan on doing for your future?

I agree. 
    I no longer do GCSE. In my new curriculum [Australian] I'm doing History, Media, English, Science, PE, History and Maths.

I honestly don't know what I want to do anymore -since becoming an Atheist-.

Currently I have three interesting choices: Becoming a Human Rights Activist (this is something I feel strongly about), Becoming a Politian or becoming an Aerodynamic Physicist.

All three choices allow me to make a huge impact on the world, it all depends on what field I would like to have that large impact. I think that being a Politian calls out to me because it would allow me to have the biggest Impact on the world!

What about you?

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #13 - May 07, 2014, 06:33 AM

...or becoming a Aerodynamic Physicist.

I would recommend this the most, due to personal bias. Aeronautics is an excellent and fascinating field. Remember, you can become a human rights activist or a politician and still study Physics. For example, The German chancellor has a PhD in applied Physics.

...I am studying theoretical physics.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #14 - May 07, 2014, 06:46 AM

I would recommend this the most, due to personal bias. Aeronautics is an excellent and fascinating field. Remember, you can become a human rights activist or a politician and still study Physics. For example, The German chancellor has a PhD in applied Physics.

...I am studying theoretical physics.

I've also thought about Computer Science as I really enjoy programming and studying mathematics.

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #15 - May 07, 2014, 07:04 AM

I've done a bit of programming with Python, mostly just some basic stuff involving math programs. Plan on learning C++ with relation to MATLAB during the summer. But anyway, I would recommend anything that involves a lot of Math or Physics. You still seem a bit unsure but you got a couple years before you have to make your decision, so just see the factors involved.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #16 - May 07, 2014, 09:59 AM

Good luck Abu Murtad, this is not an easy journey to go through but it will be worth it

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #17 - May 07, 2014, 11:19 AM

Welcome!  parrot
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #18 - May 07, 2014, 06:51 PM

Abu Murtad, I noticed your sig. Mind if I ask how Ash'hadu An La Ilaha translates to I bare witness that there is no God? I just looked it up and can't see a difference between that and the shahada.

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #19 - May 07, 2014, 07:07 PM

The shahadah consist of a negation and a confirmation. So you negate that there is any god (ashhado an laa ilaha, I bear witness that there is no god), except allah (illa allah).

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #20 - May 07, 2014, 07:34 PM

Basically what CF said, if you say the first part only...you are essentially affirming the positive atheist position. The addition of "except/but Allah" + cliche about Muhammad makes you a "Muslim" and you are then greeted by people who you will never see again in your life.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #21 - May 07, 2014, 07:37 PM

Well, that was obvious.

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #22 - May 08, 2014, 09:04 AM

Abu Murtad, I noticed your sig. Mind if I ask how Ash'hadu An La Ilaha translates to I bare witness that there is no God? I just looked it up and can't see a difference between that and the shahada.

Ash'hadu = I bare witness that.
    An = there is.
    La = no.
    Ilaha = God.

The rest of the actual shahdah is "but God and Muhammed is his messenger".

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #23 - May 08, 2014, 10:50 AM

I once had a professor--I liked him very much, actually--but he used to make a less than compelling argument for the Quran back in the day during his lectures. As a Muslim convert, he was of course interested in informing everyone that verses of the Quran can't be taken in isolation without context, because then the meaning changes. Instead of trying to rationalize the slay them where ever you find them or similar full verses, though, he'd try to prove this point by saying, "Think of the shahadah. If I wanted to, I could tell someone that the Quran says there's no God, and then say, 'Look, it says la illaha."

I did really like him, and I was going through a shy phase, so I didn't even try to point out how silly that was, so I'm sure he's still saying it in his lectures.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #24 - May 08, 2014, 07:52 PM

Ash'hadu = I bare witness that.
    An = there is.
    La = no.
    Ilaha = God.

The rest of the actual shahdah is "but God and Muhammed is his messenger".

Yeah, blonde moment. Can you apply a blonde moment to yourself if you aren't blonde?

• From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #25 - May 08, 2014, 07:57 PM

Quod once had a blonde moment, just to see what it feels like... He is the most interesting man in the world.

"Stay thirsty my friends."
    -Quod

Dos equis
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #26 - May 28, 2014, 03:06 PM

I was 16 when i finally decided to make the change.
    My reasons were very similar to yours. Another reason was that the idea of simply not being convinced is a huge crime that is punished for eternity! ETERNITY!! WTF is that not the harshest punishment you can think of???
    I also took biology in year 11 which started to teach about evolution. Evolution is a much better explanation to how life changed to what it is today than some magical being creating smaller beings to worship him with no evidence and burning them if they don't. I'm now doing a Science degree major in immunology (3rd year). And until now i have not seen anything from my study material that proves the existence of God. I only had new questions. Like, Why do we have redundant organs like the appendix? Or why is cloning possible? Where did the soul come from for the clone? Or why are there fossils of human like creatures out there (eg. Lucy (Australopithecus Afarensis))? Why do whales have pelvic bones?Huh? And many many many more.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #27 - May 28, 2014, 03:12 PM

I am very impressed.

Religion is a prison.

Much Love

A

The best thing about this site is how much i can relate with so many people! I still am perceived as religious. People haven't noticed me stopping prayer, or me constantly arguing against Islam (only because i disguise it with the words "i'm doing it to know what to say against atheists!") Or interacting with the opposite sex. And all that good stuff!

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #28 - May 28, 2014, 10:04 PM

Wuddup. Bit late but have a parrot and a bunny.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • From Salafi to Atheist
     Reply #29 - May 28, 2014, 10:14 PM

I must of missed this as well. Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your story.

I would give you a parrot but as a Canadian I favor moose. Sadly there is no emoticon for moose.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »