Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB Camping Trip 2014

(Read 32528 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #90 - April 27, 2014, 11:07 PM

WHY THE HELL DID I GOOGLE THIS!

*faints*

Now Google Atrax robustus. dance

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #91 - April 27, 2014, 11:11 PM

Oh, wait, I like him. He looks like a giant jumping spider.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #92 - April 27, 2014, 11:15 PM

Yeah sort of, except he's as big as the palm of your hand and has venom that will kill you. Check out the pix of the attack posture with the venom dripping from the fangs. Cheesy

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #93 - April 27, 2014, 11:18 PM

I saw that pose. It's cute in the pictures! I still wouldn't want it in my house...

When I was a kid, I wanted a tarantula, until I finally figured out what I'd have to feed him.  wacko
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #94 - April 27, 2014, 11:20 PM

I remember reading somewhere that the idea that we have an innate fear of, and ability to quickly identify, spiders and snakes as an evolutionary advantage had been debunked.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #95 - April 27, 2014, 11:23 PM

Well I've never had an innate fear of snakes, as far as I can remember, but then I was never taught to be afraid of them. We were taught to respect their space, but not to be afraid of them. Frankly, you're more likely to be killed by a human.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #96 - April 27, 2014, 11:26 PM

Do you have very dangerous ones in Australia?

My younger sister and Quod's future lover was bitten by the same snake twice. No one taught her how to respect their space, or when to give up on trying to nab a snake.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #97 - April 27, 2014, 11:26 PM

I saw that pose. It's cute in the pictures! I still wouldn't want it in my house...

Cheesy So a cane spider, which is harmless, is terrifying but a funnel web, which is deadly, is cute.

You may need to work on your survival skills. Instinct doesn't seem to be doing the job right.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #98 - April 27, 2014, 11:28 PM

^No, my priorities are awful. I've accepted that my death is going to be totally unnecessary and I'll be nominated for a Darwin Award.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #99 - April 27, 2014, 11:32 PM

Do you have very dangerous ones in Australia?

Well at the top of the list we have the Inland Taipan, which is rated as the world's deadliest, and then the Coastal Taipan, which is third on the world list after the cobra. Then there's all the rest of them, so that'd be a yes.

However, they're only dangerous if they bite you and you're not their natural prey. They only bite humans if they feel said humans are threatening them in some way.

My younger sister and Quod's future lover was bitten by the same snake twice. No one taught her how to respect their space, or when to give up on trying to nab a snake.

Rule #1: leave the buggers alone. It works. yes

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #100 - April 27, 2014, 11:34 PM

Well at the top of the list we have the Inland Taipan, which is rated as the world's deadliest, and then the Coastal Taipan, which is third on the world list after the cobra. Then there's all the rest of them, so that'd be a yes.

Rule #1: leave the buggers alone. It works. yes

Wow. Can do.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #101 - April 27, 2014, 11:36 PM

I actually like the coastal taipans. They're very elegant and beautiful snakes, and generally good natured. You just don't want to piss one off, but that's easy enough to avoid.

Frankly it shits me when people think they have to kill something that is just quietly going about its own business.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #102 - April 27, 2014, 11:39 PM

Snakes are the only creature to inspire that completely irrational fear inside of me. They totally freak me out. I hate those things.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #103 - April 27, 2014, 11:43 PM

You're just jealous coz they bigger than your trouser snake. Cheesy

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #104 - April 27, 2014, 11:46 PM

http://www.horntip.com/html/songs_sorted_by_name/one-eyed_trouser_snake.htm dance

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #105 - April 27, 2014, 11:48 PM

Frankly it shits me when people think they have to kill something that is just quietly going about its own business.

I usually try not to. The cane spider is the only thing I have killed on purpose in my adult life, but all attempts to catch him failed and I could not share a shower with that thing.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #106 - April 27, 2014, 11:53 PM

You're just jealous coz they bigger than your trouser snake. Cheesy

Nah. The two species of southern American black snake have nothing but mutual respect for one another.  Tongue
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #107 - April 28, 2014, 12:07 AM

Anyway you'll have to get over it. Cornflower likes snakes and you don't want to appear wimpy in front of her. grin12

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #108 - April 28, 2014, 12:13 AM

Cheesy
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #109 - April 28, 2014, 12:18 AM

Anywayz back to camping trip.
    osmanthus would be finding huntsman spiders and letting them into everyone else's tents, just for shitz n giggles bunny

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #110 - April 28, 2014, 12:22 AM

The inappropriate jokes about snakes on this camping trip practically write themselves now thanks to Os.  Cheesy
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #111 - April 28, 2014, 12:32 AM

dance

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #112 - April 28, 2014, 12:55 AM

Os once in the garden, I thought I saw a mouse running across our lawn, but when I looked again it was actually a huge grey-white spider. Later when I was watering the trees I saw it hiding behind a tree and started spraying at it but it found a good place to hide.

@Lua your story literally made my eyes water, after I googled that shit. Especially seeing a normal huntsmen in action, and how freakin fast they are. Huntsman on steroids

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #113 - April 28, 2014, 12:57 AM

Jilaaa, I'm sorry
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #114 - April 28, 2014, 01:06 AM

popcorn

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #115 - April 28, 2014, 02:40 AM

I figure the fear reaction to creepy-crawlies is pretty useless, because even if one of these things did want to kill you, how is freaking out about it going to help?

Then again, if it goes bump in the night, I can't blame anyone for getting a bit apprehensive.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #116 - April 28, 2014, 10:07 AM

I remember reading somewhere that the idea that we have an innate fear of, and ability to quickly identify, spiders and snakes as an evolutionary advantage had been debunked.

I could of told you that. I have yet to see someone fear them who was not taught to fear them.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #117 - April 28, 2014, 10:30 AM

Well anything that bites and stings and can crawl fast up your trouser leg is going to scare you naturally..  ive been stung by bees so many times, one was in my bag, i sat on wasps on two occasions lol and one flew up my skirt and stung me  :(    oooh im scared of bees..   
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #118 - April 28, 2014, 10:54 AM

I could of told you that. I have yet to see someone fear them who was not taught to fear them.

Here's an article on the study done to suggest it.

http://m.livescience.com/2348-fear-snakes.html
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #119 - April 28, 2014, 04:30 PM

What the... I never knew people afraid of camping was a real thing. What's there to be afraid of? Where I'm from camping is just something you do.

At the very least we'd need a bonfire, and our Guitar Player's Club can provide the music. yes

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »