Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB Camping Trip 2014

(Read 32527 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #60 - April 27, 2014, 06:13 AM

I don't know I didn't stop to take notes!!

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #61 - April 27, 2014, 06:57 AM

Just checked and apparently they don't range over to West Oz, so would've been something else.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #62 - April 27, 2014, 11:07 AM

I really don't get this paranoia about insects and arachnids. Tongue

I actually don't mind most spiders as long as they aren't giant and chasing me, but most insects just freak me out. I can't trust them not to be crawling on me or flying in my hair, and the cranefly is the worst of them all.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #63 - April 27, 2014, 11:09 AM

Cheesy Crane flies are totally harmless. You couldn't find anything more harmless.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #64 - April 27, 2014, 11:12 AM

I would rather a hornet fly in my hair than one of those monsters. At least the hornet wouldn't fall apart when you try to remove it.  hiding
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #65 - April 27, 2014, 11:14 AM

You lot are funny buggers. grin12

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #66 - April 27, 2014, 11:53 AM

I will bring pillowcases, and we will pick up the snakes and bring them back to camp so y'all can handle them and get over it.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #67 - April 27, 2014, 11:54 AM

I actually don't mind most spiders as long as they aren't giant and chasing me.

I find spiders the absolute worst. I can't even look at pictures of them without pissing myself. They're just too damn scary!
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #68 - April 27, 2014, 12:22 PM

So I'm not the only one who has/had an irrational fear of all kinds of insects. With age, it seem as I'm slowly getting more accustomed to them. I blame several traumatic experiences during my childhood involving insects. Anyone would.

I was really afraid of dogs, but recently got over it. Dogs are awesome. I let Ceasar Milan partly take credit for that one. Snakes however have always been among my favorite reptiles. Only time I'm scared of them is if I suspect they are venomous and ready to attack. In other words, just normal Tongue

I would love to go camping sometime, but reserve the right not to do it again if I didn't like it. I prefer the beach and open sea Smiley

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #69 - April 27, 2014, 01:45 PM

^ I will bring the little monster dog, then. He is afraid of the swiffer mop, so he won't save us from bears, but he will take care of the bugs.  yes
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #70 - April 27, 2014, 07:26 PM

Urgh I am absolutely afraid of spiders and they are the one thing that would make me intimidated from camping.

There was a spider in my room today and I finally gathered the courage to deal with it.

and took a really long piece of paper and let the spider walk onto it and then flushed it down the toilet.

This is what the spider looked like.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #71 - April 27, 2014, 07:31 PM

I recently was telling the horrible tale of me versus the cane spider that was waiting for me in my Hawaii apartment on my very last week of living there. Don't know what the cane spider is? Google him. Google him and then live in fear.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #72 - April 27, 2014, 07:36 PM

This is what the spider looked like.

Honestly, even a spider this small can scare the hell out of me if it gets too close.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #73 - April 27, 2014, 07:39 PM

^ Well then you wouldn't want to meet my cane spider. He could pick you up and then carry you off and then steal your girlfriend by making you look like a sissy.  Terror couch
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #74 - April 27, 2014, 07:45 PM

WHY THE HELL DID I GOOGLE THIS!

*faints*
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #75 - April 27, 2014, 07:47 PM

*regains conciousness*

Kill it Lua, kill it with fire before it can breed.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #76 - April 27, 2014, 07:50 PM

I hate killing bugs and I tried to catch him in a giant bucket but he was not having it, so out of desperation I broke out the raid spray the last tenants left under the sink specifically designed to kill spiders. I was nailing him with that spray and he was just walking it off, he didn't even give a single fuck. I unloaded over half the can on him before he finally started stumbling and then much later he died. I was actually really sad. I could see his giant spider face. He was like a small animal.

RIP you horrible nightmare, I'm sorry.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #77 - April 27, 2014, 07:51 PM

wtf lua, how did you deal with it?  mysmilie_977

EDIT: you posted your answer at the same time I asked the question Tongue

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #78 - April 27, 2014, 07:54 PM

*regains conciousness*

Kill it Lua, kill it with fire before it can breed.

But she might give birth to Spider-Man...

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #79 - April 27, 2014, 07:55 PM

mysmilie_977 Still better than the second Dawahman.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #80 - April 27, 2014, 07:56 PM

So something like this?

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #81 - April 27, 2014, 08:00 PM

...I could live with that.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #82 - April 27, 2014, 08:01 PM

He so needs to show up in the Avengers.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #83 - April 27, 2014, 08:09 PM

I actually love bugs of all types and ever since I was a child I used to pick them up and examine them.

It's only spiders that I am afraid of.

BTW the cane spider. If I saw it outside and there was no grass or flammable materials nearby I would literally light a match and throw it at the spider.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #84 - April 27, 2014, 08:10 PM

Asbie knew us well.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #85 - April 27, 2014, 08:11 PM

I actually love bugs of all types and ever since I was a child I used to pick them up and examine them.

It's only spiders that I am afraid of.

BTW the cane spider. If I saw it outside and there was no grass or flammable materials nearby I would literally light a match and throw it at the spider.

Finally, a sane person. Everyone knows those spiders were planning to enslave all of humanity.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #86 - April 27, 2014, 08:12 PM

I'm not really scared of everyday insects but moths do annoy me, they take quite some time to kill.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #87 - April 27, 2014, 08:17 PM

With the family in Greece I had mosquitos zeroing in on me, Only me mind. Mum, brother and sister were staying in the same room, and they left them alone, just came for me. After a few nights I jumped around the room completely naked killing all of them. At one point annoyed my mum by grabbing her shoe and hurling it at the ones I couldn't reach. My aim was impeccable.

• CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #88 - April 27, 2014, 08:18 PM

One time I woke up in the middle of the night and saw an insect preparing to burrow into my skin.

So, I did the sensible thing & ripped its head off.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • CEMB Camping Trip 2014
     Reply #89 - April 27, 2014, 10:52 PM

Bloody hell. You clowns are cared of the spiders? Sounds like they have far more reason to be scared of you. You're out to massacre the poor critters and they're not doing a damned thing. Tongue

Quote from: Wiki
    In some tropical areas the (cane) spider is considered a useful resident of households because of its efficient consumption of pest insects.

Yup, it's just a variety of huntsman spider. I have frequently have the local version in the house. They eat bugs n stuff. They're harmless to humans. Get over it. I either leave them alone or put them out in the garden, depending on where they are and what I can be bothered doing at the time.

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »