Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Take one, Give one - Best Prophet Edition

(Read 13055 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Take one, Give one - Best Prophet Edition
     OP - April 26, 2014, 01:13 PM

So this is a common forum game. So in this game, you add one and subtract one from each name of prophet.

Leaving the last prophet standing as the best prophet. When one goes to 0, they are eliminated.

You can vote once every hour.
    I'll start: +1 Suleiman
                 -1 Mo

Adam - 6
    Idris - 5
    Nuh - 5
    Hud - 5
    Salih - 4
    Ibrahim - 0
    Isma'il - 6
    Ishaq - 5
    Lut - 0
    Ya'qub - 4
    Yusuf - 6
    Shu'aib - 3
    Ayyub - 5
    Musa - 8
    Harun - 6
    Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel) - 4
    Dawud - 5
    Sulaiman - 6
    Ilias - 5
    Al-Yasa - 5
    Yunus - 10
    Zakariyya - 7
    Yahya - 7
    Jesus - 6
    Muhammad - 0

Update: Lut eliminated
                Mo Eliminated
                Abraham eliminated

I'll continue to edit this post until we have a winner.
     Reply #1 - April 26, 2014, 01:43 PM

So this is a common forum game. So in this game, you add one and subtract one from each name of prophet.

Leaving the last prophet standing as the best prophet.

You can vote once every hour.
    I'll start:

Adam - 5
    Idris - 5
    Nuh - 5
    Hud - 5
    Salih - 5
    Ibrahim - 5
    Isma'il - 5
    Ishaq - 5
    Lut - 5
    Ya'qub - 5
    Yusuf - 5
    Shu'aib - 5
    Ayyub - 5
    Musa - 5
    Harun - 5
    Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel) - 5
    Dawud - 5
    Sulaiman - 6
    Ilias - 5
    Al-Yasa - 5
    Yunus - 5
    Zakariyya - 5
    Yahya - 5
    Jesus - 5
    Muhammad - 4

I'll continue to edit this post until we have a winner.

Prophets of what Descent?  in my dictionary none of them were prophets,  if they were real characters ,  at the best they were  social/political/religious  engineers of that time.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - April 26, 2014, 01:48 PM

It's just a game, they don't have to be real prophets. You judge them based on the fictional stories in the Quran, NT, OT.
     Reply #3 - April 26, 2014, 01:55 PM

It's just a game, they don't have to be real prophets. You judge them based on the fictional stories in the Quran, NT, OT.

well I will not the play the game I will add the names because they are important names to know .. I will start with this guy

He declared himself as  son-in-law the Mahdi.
    Juhayman al-Otaybi:  Juhayman ibn Muhammad ibn Sayf al-Otaybi (Arabic: جهيمان بن محمد بن سيف العتيبي‎) (16 September 1936[1] – 9 January 1980) was a religious activist and militant who led the takeover of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Islam's holiest site, to protest against the Saudi monarchy and their ruling, in the last months of 1979.  On November 20, 1979—the first day of the Islamic year 1400—the Grand Mosque in Makkah was seized by a well-organized group of 400 to 500 men under al-Otaybi's leadership.

Hmm that guy looks like that American Taliban.. Lindh..

reincarnation ??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - April 26, 2014, 05:20 PM

-1 Lut +1 Yahya  yes
     Reply #5 - April 26, 2014, 05:25 PM

-1 Lot, +1 Yunus. He was the only one with sense enough to say "Fuck this shit, I'm outta here!"
     Reply #6 - April 26, 2014, 05:30 PM

Again:
    +1 Suleiman (his best friends were ants)
    -1 Mo

Also... updated.
     Reply #7 - April 26, 2014, 05:31 PM

I really like Yunus so +1, agree with HM. I'd go with Lut, but in order not to copy HM I go with Ibrahim instead, he was a jerk. So Ibrahim -1

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #8 - April 26, 2014, 05:35 PM

Well, the point is too see who people think is the worst and best, so it's alright if your votes are the same.
     Reply #9 - April 26, 2014, 05:37 PM

There are so many to chose from, but Ibrahim and Lot share same place. Mo is awful, but maybe it's a cliche to chose him. Lot gave his daughters away to be raped.... but then Ibrahim almost murdered his won son and left him and his mom out in the desert.... And he was an awful son and community member. Hmmmm.... I'll stick with Ibrahim -1 Smiley

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #10 - April 26, 2014, 05:39 PM

Alright, updated... I have a prediction that Jesus (being a hippy), Yunus, and Suleiman will end up top 3.
     Reply #11 - April 26, 2014, 05:41 PM

Well, in all fairness, in the Islamic narrative Lut also left his wife. He took great care of his family. Grin
     Reply #12 - April 26, 2014, 05:46 PM

My ex compared me with Lut's and Nuh's wives who were "disbelievers" entering hell. He put it up on his fb page Smiley

Reply #13 - April 26, 2014, 05:46 PM

Alright, updated... I have a prediction that Jesus (being a hippy), Yunus, and Suleiman will end up top 3.

Suleiman was kind of weird, too. Threatening to slaughter a bird just because he was late, conspiring with jinns to steal the queen of sheba’s throne, and acting like a general douche by telling her that her gift was worthless compared to all the shit he had.

Then again, though, he had all those cool powers like flying through the wind and talking to animals, which is neat if not always entirely useful.    

I guess I’ll stay neutral on him.
     Reply #14 - April 26, 2014, 05:49 PM

My ex compared me with Lut's and Nuh's wives who were "disbelievers" entering hell. He put it up on his fb page Smiley

Of course, that means he compares himself to Nuh and Lut, both of whom were complicit in Allah’s genocide of their people and who engaged in or encouraged insects once the genocide was done.

I’d say you made out with the better comparison.
     Reply #15 - April 26, 2014, 05:51 PM

^

And as a muslim comparing yourself to a prophet is a big no no correct ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #16 - April 26, 2014, 05:58 PM

I’m gonna take one away from Salih just for having the lamest miracle. A magic camel that gets to drink half the town’s water? How the hell was that supposed to get people to believe?

I’ll give those points to Musa just because he had some of the coolest miracles. Plus, he was like the classic rich kid turned bad boy turned rebel story.
     Reply #17 - April 26, 2014, 06:02 PM

He was a miskeen like the prophets who loved their wives but their wives betrayed them. He puts up these nasty verses about hell and whatnot, completely obvious directed towards me Roll Eyes

Reply #18 - April 26, 2014, 06:18 PM

^

Can you just delete him from your fb page ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #19 - April 26, 2014, 09:28 PM

-1 Lut again, +1 Adam. Adam was the first man, he didn't have a chance. Also he may or may not have been 60 cubits tall.
     Reply #20 - April 26, 2014, 09:40 PM

I deleted him, but he posts it on google+ and I by chance saw it while going through some pictures we saved on there Roll Eyes he has been posting shit like that since the break up.

Anyway Lut 1- and Yusuf 1+, because I always felt sorry for him being picked on by his brothers and all, while succeeding to climb up the social ladder all by himself.

Reply #21 - April 26, 2014, 09:44 PM

How could you feel sorry for Yousuf? Women cut their fingers staring at his utter hotness. He didn't even need to try. Though I suppose he is a victim of sexual harassment.
    -1 Lut ----Eliminated
    +1 David

Updated
     Reply #22 - April 26, 2014, 09:51 PM

Nah dude, I'm taking all of David's points away in one go. The guy was a total creeper, a pervert, and a murderer according to the OT. He spies on a woman taking a bath, sends his goons out to capture her and bring her in, makes her sleep with him even though she was married, then arranges to have her husband killed once he gets her pregnant. He was a really fucked up dude who did some really fucked up shit. I'm not sure how he made it into the books as a role model.
     Reply #23 - April 26, 2014, 09:59 PM

Sulayman 1- for being a total douche with the queen of Sheba thing. He was also an arrogant prick with hundreds of wives, he wanted to impregnateall of them in one single night. Forgot the magic word  iA and got deformed babies instead of strong sons. Nice job, Sulayman. You're a prophet, you should know shit like this.

Musa 1+ just because.

Reply #24 - April 27, 2014, 07:05 AM

Ohh, we can base them on the biblical stories as well as quranic? Add Samson. Samson and Delilah is an awesome story, full of sex, violence, envy, betrayal, all the good stuff.

-1 Ibrahim
    +1 Yunus (If I recall correctly Yunus is Jonah. Point to him solely because I find it amusing living in a whale)

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #25 - April 27, 2014, 07:47 AM

+1 Jesus.
    -1 Mo

Updated
     Reply #26 - April 27, 2014, 08:23 AM

But is it biblical Jesus or quranic Jesus? Quranic Jesus is a wanker. He knowingly switched places with another man so this "martyr" could take his place on the cross and thus mislead billions of people. What a cunt.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #27 - April 27, 2014, 08:51 AM

Agree. But NT Jesus just feel so self-rightous, he's like a hippie sometimes turned violent revolutionary who obviosly thinks he's better than anyone else without actuallt saying it outright.

Reply #28 - April 27, 2014, 09:07 AM

Everyone on this list probably has done morally abhorrent, or questionable things. Jesus may not have been the best, but he certainly was better than most of the competition.
     Reply #29 - April 27, 2014, 09:21 AM

Agree. But NT Jesus just feel so self-rightous, he's like a hippie sometimes turned violent revolutionary who obviosly thinks he's better than anyone else without actuallt saying it outright.

Jesus interests me. In many ways he was a man of his time and certainly influenced by the racism and bigotry of his time and surroundings, Matthew 15:21 comes to mind as an obvious example of racism. As far as being a violent revolutionary I immediately think of Luke 22:36-51. But I would never go so far as to not acknowledge that he had other teachings which are universal and easily fit into 21st century morality.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »