Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Guests posting...

(Read 3989 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Guests posting...
     OP - April 24, 2014, 06:26 PM

I've noticed there are quite a few guests on this forum. I'm sure many of them are ex-Muslims, or certainly on the fence and are too shy/afraid to create an account (or other reasons).

Perhaps there could be a small section in the forum somewhere where they could post? Or not... I could imagine it how it might get quite hectic.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #1 - April 25, 2014, 07:12 AM

Isn't one popular theory that 99% of visitors to forums/websites don't post anything? Lurkers gonna lurk.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #2 - April 25, 2014, 03:05 PM

For inexperienced persons that might be a good options. I spent my first some 10 years on the net without joining a forum and this option might have made me post something earlier.

Isn't one popular theory that 99% of visitors to forums/websites don't post anything?

I tried to see if the site statistics said anything about this but it didn't print out the exact 'lurker value'.
    Accoding to Alexa (web traffic statistics...) the bounce rate (visitors viewing only one page) of this site is 75.00%
    They also inform us that 11.90% of the persons coming here via a search engine searched for "best arabic font",
    that might have ended with a somewhat rude awakening...  whistling2
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #3 - April 25, 2014, 03:16 PM

best arabic font Huh? that's extremely random.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #4 - April 25, 2014, 03:27 PM

Wow! When i search for 'best arabic font' (google/unquoted) this post is the first hit, somehow sneaking past the dedicated font sites.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #5 - April 25, 2014, 03:30 PM

Ha! Praise to Tonyt for cleverly promoting the forum.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #6 - April 25, 2014, 10:34 PM

If we allowed guests posting we'd probably attract all the spammers, millions of them, lol!   yes

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

• Guests posting...
     Reply #7 - April 25, 2014, 10:38 PM

For inexperienced persons that might be a good options. I spent my first some 10 years on the net without joining a forum and this option might have made me post something earlier.
    I tried to see if the site statistics said anything about this but it didn't print out the exact 'lurker value'.
    Accoding to Alexa (web traffic statistics...) the bounce rate (visitors viewing only one page) of this site is 75.00%
    They also inform us that 11.90% of the persons coming here via a search engine searched for "best arabic font",
    that might have ended with a somewhat rude awakening...  whistling2

Alexa isnt worth a pinch of shit for stats anyway. It only counts hits from people who have the Alexa toolbar installed, which is hardly anyone.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #8 - April 25, 2014, 11:32 PM

Wow! When i search for 'best arabic font' (google/unquoted) this post is the first hit, somehow sneaking past the dedicated font sites.

It's interesting that our forum gets the top Google spot for that search!  Fuck yeah! dance

This forum has over 6 years' worth of posts which have been adding the ex-Muslim identity/cause/brand to the consciousness of the internet, if you catch my drift. Afro
    That's one advantage of having a public forum as opposed to a private forum or facebook group.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #9 - April 26, 2014, 01:27 AM

Isn't one popular theory that 99% of visitors to forums/websites don't post anything? Lurkers gonna lurk.

That might be true. 

I have visited looked at alot of web pages on forums but CEMB is the only forum I've posted on.

It's because it takes time to create an account and type stuff out and all that bs so unless you are REALLY interested in the content then you probably won't post.

And even on CEMB I'm only here for talking to other murtads and the sense of community.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #10 - April 26, 2014, 08:18 AM

If we allowed guests posting we'd probably attract all the spammers, millions of them, lol!   yes

well that is alright Maya,  "For every problem there will be a solution  and for every solution there will be a new problem" That is how progress is made in Sciences,

In fact I suggested the same idea to FFI forum long time back and their argument was very similar., But my suggestion to that spam problem from spammers was creating a "SELF ERASING FOLDER" that to a large extent will filter the spammers and those who are interested in reading/writing/delivering Islamic sermon in to CEMB will join the forum. 

And on the way I am sure cembAdms  will find new ways to block that spamming..  such as limit the number of posts ,,

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Guests posting...
     Reply #11 - April 26, 2014, 08:20 AM

Alexa isnt worth a pinch of shit for stats anyway. It only counts hits from people who have the Alexa toolbar installed, which is hardly anyone.

really?   you mean individual  members who join the forum need to install the tool bar?  or it s just the forum that need to install the tool bar??

• Guests posting...
     Reply #12 - April 26, 2014, 11:26 AM

Make a separate section for dawah boys to post, so we can laugh at their expense pls.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #13 - April 26, 2014, 01:34 PM

you mean individual  members who join the forum need to install the tool bar?

To be counted in the Alexa statistics, yes.
  • Guests posting...
     Reply #14 - April 26, 2014, 01:46 PM

To be counted in the Alexa statistics, yes.

Ha! I didn't know that., then that is  a silly program ...

• Guests posting...
     Reply #15 - April 26, 2014, 02:26 PM

Ha! I didn't know that., then that is  a silly program ...

As statistics goes, yes. But if you find something that stands out a bit like the font search results I presented, then I think it's still quotable as fun facts.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »