Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Conversation with a dawah pusher

(Read 25597 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Conversation with a dawah pusher
     Reply #150 - December 17, 2015, 09:57 PM

The link is in the first sentence of the first post on the first page.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #151 - December 17, 2015, 10:02 PM

Yeah but they don't want to talk to Muslims.
     Reply #152 - December 17, 2015, 10:05 PM

That's a shame! There are way more fun questions to ask as a fake Muslim. I was going to cry about how my brother is doing black magic on me and how I'm now having lustful thoughts about Allah and can't stop my evil masturbation habit  Cry

Sounds like a question to pose for IslamQA  Cheesy

You reminded me of the fun ruqya experiences I had. A woman drank 2 gallons of senna leaf tea in front of us to get rid of a "black magic spell" her sister put on her. All the guys in the room said, "Man! This woman doesn't play games!" and she smiled back in a weird way, almost seemingly sexual. lol.

Everytime we went to a Somali Muslim community there was always a problem.. smh.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #153 - December 17, 2015, 10:15 PM

Yeah, I've heard. The Somali community is big on ruqya and exorcism, a friend told me that this is because "black magic" is widely practiced in Somalia  Undecided

I wonder whether IslamQA will publish the answer or just ignore me Tongue
     Reply #154 - December 17, 2015, 11:34 PM

Probably the shortest one?

H.Faroog has joined the chat.
    H.Faroog (03:30:07) : Hello, my name is Hammad and I would be happy to answer your questions about Islam today. Really a pleasure to chat with you

Belieber (03:30:23) : Hi brother Hammad
    H.Faroog (03:30:39) : How are you?
    Belieber (03:30:58) : Doing great, how about you?
    H.Faroog (03:31:44) : I'm well. Thank you
    Belieber (03:32:51) :
    I would be happy to answer your questions about Agnosticism today
    Belieber (03:33:09) : Really a pleasure to chat with you
    Disconnected by the operator. Chat session has ended.

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those that cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. - Alvin Toffler
     Reply #155 - April 04, 2017, 03:57 PM

I come from a small town, so one thing that surprised me when I moved to Birmingham was the obvious dawah stalls in the city centre. They play Quran with translation really loud, people seem to mostly ignore it, but I couldn't see that going down well in the town I grew up in. They'd probably have EDL types starting a fight or something.

I have thought about talking to them before, but have never bothered. I think may as well leave them to their beliefs, as we won't agree and if I mentioned I was a Muslim, I can only guess they would try and invite me back into the faith. Has anyone here ever had debates with these kinds of people?

I walk past those stalls almost on a weekly basis though paying them the smallest interest. I they try and discuss more general issues regarding Islam and Muslims with the wider public at a time Islam is under such close scrutiny rather than preaching to people their Islam onto others. At least that's the impression I got. I've recently wondered about going up to them as well.
     Reply #156 - April 04, 2017, 04:17 PM

Did you see the post where I pretended to be a 12-year-old girl being abused by a 22-year-old muslim man?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #157 - April 04, 2017, 07:48 PM

Welcome! I'm Azhar :-)

jklo
    My good wishes to you

Azhar
    Thanks.. pleased to chat with you

jklo
    Smiley

Azhar
    We are here to help answer questions from non muslims and new muslims

jklo
    ماذا؟
    لدي العديد من الأسئلة
    شكاوي

Azhar
    i'm sorry I cannot speak or read arabic

jklo
    I will type English

Azhar
    thanks

jklo
    I need help from muslims. I am in the Netherlands. I came here few years ago. Netherlands very secular but muslims not. They learn I am atheist and think I am murtad. I was raised Christian, not muslim. But they see Arab and think muslim
    I am afraid. I am living on streets because of this
    Not all arabs are muslim
    I do not know how to live my life in peace

Azhar
    ok

jklo
    You are muslim yes? Do you have advice from islam?

Azhar
    Yes...
    Dear brother - here we answer questions from non muslims and new muslims. Not from long term muslims.

jklo
    I wish to make peace with muslims
    I am homeless
    I wake up in the morning and I raise my weary head. I've got an old coat for a pillow and the earth was last night's bed
    I don't know where I'm going. Only God knows where I've been. I'm a devil on the run, a six gun lover, a candle in the wind
    When you're brought into this world they say you're born in sin. Well at least they gave me something I didn't have to steal or have to win
    Well they tell me that I'm wanted. Yeah, I'm a wanted man
    I'm a colt in your stable, I'm what Cain was to Abel.l Mister catch me if you can
    You ask about my conscience, and I offer you my soul. You ask if I'll grow to be a wise man, well I ask if I'll grow old
    You ask me if I've known love and what it's like to sing songs in the rain. Well, I've seen love come and I've seen it shot down, I've seen it die in vain
    Each night I go to bed I pray the Lord my soul to keep. No I ain't looking for forgiveness, but before I'm six foot deep
    Lord, I got to ask a favour, and hope you'll understand. Cause I've lived life to the fullest, let this boy die like a man. Staring down a bullet, let me make my final stand

Azhar
    May Allah bless you brother and make your life easy and along the right path of Islam. Amin

jklo
    No, I need help with muslims
    Bon Jove pbuh makes me feel better
    Prophet Ozzy Osborn is cool. I am also paranoid

Reply #158 - April 04, 2017, 08:39 PM

This Dawah Sample is a real time chat conversation with a Hindu who is a polytheist. The conversation covers topics like: who is God, Characteristics of God, polytheism, purpose of life, life after death - the need for it and the proof for it, guidance from God etc. This Dawah Sample will Insha Allah help daees understand how to articulate points on topics like polytheism, purpose of life, characteristics of God etc.

I actually laughed out loud at some of these.

http://dawah.invitetogod.com/introduction-to-dawah-samples/dawah-samples/dawah-during-chat

Reply #159 - April 04, 2017, 08:51 PM

Here's another place you can chat.

http://www.islamreligion.com/

And I just had a convo here:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1-a.htm

Sarang at 21:53, Apr 4:
    Hello. Welcome to our live chat.
    How can I assist you today?
    You at 21:54, Apr 4:
    I'm looking at "The Quran on Human Embryonic Development" and I'm not sure I understand it
    Sarang at 21:54, Apr 4:
    I am sorry but I am busy now. Could you please come in the official time? It is daily from 12pm till 3pm Eastern Time (5pm-8pm Greenwich Time). Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day.

Smiley

Reply #160 - April 05, 2017, 03:25 PM

I walk past those stalls almost on a weekly basis though paying them the smallest interest. I they try and discuss more general issues regarding Islam and Muslims with the wider public at a time Islam is under such close scrutiny rather than preaching to people their Islam onto others. At least that's the impression I got. I've recently wondered about going up to them as well.

There was a full on argument one day...... I stopped and talked to some girls in hijab, I was like they're making the religion look bad. First time I felt like a non-Muslim lol.

If you go on a Saturday, its all 'Praise Jesus!' then you hear Quran. The only quiet ones are the Jehovah's Witnesses. They never push their leaflets onto people and I respect that.
     Reply #161 - April 05, 2017, 04:32 PM

I wouldn't have the patience to troll those guys on the dawah chats. Lol that was some fun reading.
     Reply #162 - April 05, 2017, 09:45 PM

The only quiet ones are the Jehovah's Witnesses. They never push their leaflets onto people and I respect that.

They don't go around knocking on everyone's doors where you live?  I guess the prosyletizing competition must be pretty intense there if the JWs decided to just keep to themselves

Then you have the wine that doesn't make you drunk. Seriously, who's idea was that? It's called Juicy Juice where I come from, mofo, you ain't fooling me.

Reply #163 - April 06, 2017, 08:43 AM

They don't go around knocking on everyone's doors where you live?  I guess the prosyletizing competition must be pretty intense there if the JWs decided to just keep to themselves

I meant in the city centre with all the loud preaching of other faiths, they are quiet. I know they knock on people's doors but that only ever happened a couple of times to me and my family. We always ignored them. A few came round knocking where I live now and I ignored them as well.
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »