Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quran & evolution

(Read 2424 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Quran & evolution
     OP - April 11, 2014, 05:52 PM

Hi all

I am after a complete chapter/verse list of anything in the Quran which people use to argue the Quran is incompatible with evolution (human or animal).  Quran only please, not hadiths or tafsir.  Here is what I have so far...

2.31 Taught Adam names of animals
    2.36 Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: 'Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time
    2.117 To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter, He saith to it: "Be," and it is.
    3.59 Jesus was made while there were humans
    4.1 Says Adam + Eve produced many men and women
    5.27 Adam had two sons, who did they mate with? Sex with sisters is forbidden.
    7.13 Iblis was only one to disobey prostrating to Adam. Quran says he (singular) is of the disgraced (debased/subdued) ones (plural)
    7.189 He it is Who created you from a single being, and of the same (kind) did He make his mate
    15.26 We created man from sounding clay, from mud molded into shape;
    15.28-29 Allah created Adam and then breathed his spirit into him
    17.70 Adam+Eve offspring were preferred over all others
    23.12 Created mankind from clay
    32.7-8 Began the creation of man from clay
    38.75 Adam created as-is
    49.13 Mankind is created from a couple
    55.14 Man created from clay
    91.7-8 Created a soul, and taught it right from wrong

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
  • Quran & evolution
     Reply #1 - April 12, 2014, 12:12 AM

Hi all

I am after a complete chapter/verse list of anything in the Quran which people use to argue the Quran is incompatible with evolution (human or animal).  Quran only please, not hadiths or tafsir.  Here is what I have so far...

That is a good project to educate Islam preaching robots.. but I casually looking at your list of verses that are supposed to be incompatible with evolution...    It is good put complete verses instead few words from a verse ., for e.g. 3.59  does not appear to covey right meaning

"3.59 Jesus was made while there were humans"

the full verse says.,

3.59:   Surely the likeness of isa is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was.

anyways.,  it is good put together  all Quran verses that contradict Evolution...............

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Quran & evolution
     Reply #2 - May 01, 2014, 10:15 AM

It's done

http://therationaliser.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/is-quran-incompatible-with-evolution.html

• Quran & evolution
     Reply #3 - May 01, 2014, 02:45 PM

"It is clearly possible for us all to be descended from a single person without that ancestor having to be the only person alive at the time"

But it is not possible for that single person to be the father of mankind. He cannot be father to his contemporaries, or everybody before him, or many of the branches that died out. Adam would not be the father of mankind, but only the father of some (small) proportion of mankind.
    It would also mean that the many generations of people before Adam were not sent a messenger.
  • Quran & evolution
     Reply #4 - May 02, 2014, 02:54 PM

I address that point in the post.  How do you define "Martiankind", could "Mankind" be the start of Allah's project?  Everyone descended from Adam is considered Mankind?  I wanted to point out that although I don't think it is right I cannot prove it is wrong either.

The biggest sticking point is usually "everyone came from 2 people", but that is entirely possible as long as they aren't the only two people in existence.

• Quran & evolution
     Reply #5 - May 02, 2014, 03:07 PM

Everyone descended from Adam is considered Mankind?  I wanted to point out that although I don't think it is right I cannot prove it is wrong either.

why not? if that guy was the first man/monkey walked on earth  and he was Prophet according to the book of bullshit.,   whom was he propheting?

and where does this Adam monkey start in that human  evolutionary tree?  did he had tail?  

Stupid people silly books......

• Quran & evolution
     Reply #6 - May 02, 2014, 03:58 PM

The biggest sticking point is usually "everyone came from 2 people", but that is entirely possible as long as they aren't the only two people in existence.

if they aren't the only two people in existence, then it is not true that everyone came from them. All those other people around at the time didn't come from them. It is possible that everyone alive today came from two people, but not possible that everyone ever did.

If mankind is 'everyone descended from Adam and Whatsherface'. then Adam is the first of mankind.
    what other options are there? what definition of mankind could rescue the quran?

I have seen many ex-Muslims tell their stories on forums about how looking into evolution led to their eventual apostasy.

i would also like to take issue with your claim that these is such a thing as an ex Muslim. I don't know hoa many shekels you are getting paid to make such a claim, but there are only ex christians, hindus, ex jews, and ex shias. There are no ex Muslims.

• Quran & evolution
     Reply #7 - May 02, 2014, 04:23 PM

Reading through therationaliser.blogspot on the compatibility of Quran with Human/biological evolution., it would be nice to add some references from those Islamic intellectuals who consider Quran is compatible with Evolution.    So here are some

Creation and Evolution in the Holy Quran   By Hassan Ali El-Najjar *

Evolution and the Qur'an from free-minds.org

And most these guys who write on this subject or babble on YouTube  get the words from this book..

And God said, "Let there be evolution!": Reconciling the Book of Genesis, the Qur'an, and the Theory of Evolution  by  Sr. Charles M. Wynn (Author), Arthur W. Wiggins (Author)
    This book answers "YES!" to the question, "Is it possible to reconcile the Theory of Evolution with the Scriptures?" Accepting evolution does not require abandoning one's faith. Created in response to 9/11, this book addresses the continuing conflict between science teaching and religious beliefs, the dangerous effects of scriptural literalism, and heightened interest in interfaith initiatives. A JEWISH scientist (David Kay, Conservative Rabbi in Florida), CHRISTIAN scientist (Howard Van Till, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Astronomy and Physics at Calvin College in Michigan), and MUSLIM scientist (T.O. Shanavas, M.D., pediatrician in Michigan) present scientific evidence for the Theory of Evolution and then explain how they reconcile that theory with the scriptural sources and beliefs of their religions.

that is what book says...

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »