Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Should I leave Islam?

(Read 9878 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Should I leave Islam?
     OP - April 06, 2014, 10:16 AM

Hello Smiley Since, I'm new here, I'll introduce myself:
    My name is Aya, I'm 16, from Morocco but living in Spain. And until yesterday I was a Sunni Muslim.

All my life I've been happy of being a Muslim until last year I found out that Muslim men could "rape" non-Muslim women at war and this shocked me. I spent a lot of time crying, I felt like an idiot for being proud of a religion like that. Until my mom saw me crying and told me that it wasn't true, that it was the non-Muslim haters of Islam who wrote that. And somehow, I belived her.

So everything in my life continued, and I was still a proud Muslim. Until yesterday, I found out something even more shocking: Muslim men would get 2 wives from Earth and 72 "houries" in Jannah.
    And I thought as my mother said, that maybe the haters of Islam wrote that...but then I told her about what I read she suddenly felt nervous and her only answer was "Why do you care?".
    That shocked me even more, and when I asked here if that was true she was like  whistling2 "I don't know, I haven't read the entire Quran", then I showed here the surah where it appeared and she said "Oh, yeah...but that is just for Muslim men who didn't get married on Earth" and I belived her.

But after some days, I saw more things about that topic, each one more shocking than the other, it seemed to me that Jannah was only Paradise for men, but it was Hell for women because they have to see their husbands have sex with 100 virgins a day. Then I thought, fair enough, I'm leaving Islam  Cry

I spent endless hours crying but then I thought that it wasn't the end of the world, and that being an intelligent person I knew that religion was created by a men, and that there must be a better explanation of how did humans be created.

And that's how I became a cultural Muslim (I can't apostate because otherwise my parents would kill me  lipsrsealed ). Now I'm planning on moving to the UK when I finnish college to start a new life, far far away from Islam.

So, here's the big question: Should I leave Islam?  Huh?

Please, help me find the truth, how was the world really created?
    Also, how was your experience on leaving Islam?
    What motivated you to do so?

Thank you for reading this, I will really appreciate your answers  thnkyu

Afraid of wisdom? Hide behind a religion.

God may exist, but Islam definitely does not.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #1 - April 06, 2014, 10:24 AM

Hello Smiley Since, I'm new here, I'll introduce myself:
    My name is Aya, I'm 16, from Morocco but living in Spain.

Oh my goodness gracious.............  hello   Aya seekingthetruth., 16??  six..........teeeen..??   teeeen??    well  I am glad you joined the forum at 16.,   16 .. my goodness ., at that age I was running around without knowing what my actual name was and who i was...

And until yesterday I was a Sunni Muslim.

Huh!..  So what happened yesterday ?   you 16 year olds are so quick to take decisions..   you think you are immortals... Well I used to be one of them talking allah god devils,..satans  and cursing every one around...

Anyways good to see you

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #2 - April 06, 2014, 10:37 AM

Should I leave Islam??? Welcome dear Aya. That is a big question you ask, which in actually fact no one can answer that for you, it is a personal choice. Like Yeez pointed out you are young, no need to decide so quickly, take your time, look around this forum you will find many eye opening threads and lots of information, ask as many questions as you want.

but TAKE YOUR TIME dear

And trust me you have a lot of time Wink

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #3 - April 06, 2014, 11:11 AM

Hi seekingthetruth.

You should only leave Islam if your conscience tells you that you should. And only do so publically if it is safe to do so.

Welcome to the forum  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #4 - April 06, 2014, 12:10 PM

parrot
    Hello, welcome. As others have said, take your time. There is no hurry, decisions are best made with a great deal of consideration.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #5 - April 06, 2014, 12:19 PM

Hi Aya Welcome to the forum  !   Have a parrot  parrot

Leaving or staying in Islam is a personal decision that only you can make for yourself.   

We can try to help you on your journey. 

I would encourage you to watch these videos by this forum's youtube channel if you want to understand our perspective on Islam.

We wish you luck on your spiritual journey  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL558D009DA3AD4832

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LPwA7FRZ4&index=3&list=PL558D009DA3AD4832

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #6 - April 06, 2014, 12:23 PM

Aya, the advice you've been given so far is very good.

I don't know about everyone else, but at least for me, deciding to leave Islam was not a choice. If I had wanted to stay and remain Muslim and continue to believe in Islam, it would have been impossible. My faith had died, my belief in Allah and a god in general had died, and there was no reviving it.

I wonder if the same will be true for you. That is, if you are going to become an apostate, you will reach the point where you are very sure that this is the right decision for you, or, perhaps, that it is the only decision. As it's been said, you are still very young, and you have a lot of time to change your mind either way. When it comes time to make the decision to leave Islam, if the time ever comes for you, you will know it.

As for your questions:

If you are asking about the origins of the universe, those are some awfully big questions to ask us little humans all alone on an orbiting rock--but, amazingly, we've been able to apply physics to our observations of the universe so far to create a very plausible theory as to how the universe adopted its current state (the Big Bang). If you're asking about how the Earth was formed, there's a few very good theories for that, as well, but we're at the point where we will likely not know which one of them (if any) is true. Finally, it has been demonstrated that, in the right conditions, non-living material can produce life.

So the point we're at right now is a point that I personally find fascinating. We're talking about stuff that happened billions and billions of years ago, but we have been able to look far back and slowly reconstruct working and plausible explanations and scenarios to understand what we once assumed was not understandable. Can anyone give you a real, solid answer to these questions? Not at the moment. But we can demonstrate to you that all these things were possible with only the laws of physics and nature. We do have a smart future-physicist here, and I'm waiting for him to figure this out for us. Wink

As for my experience on leaving Islam, I am still a somewhat closeted ex-Muslim for convenience reasons. The only major problem for me is that I am married to a Muslim who wants me to move to a sharia state. Besides that, my apostasy was kind of a sudden moment where I knew the game was over, and I haven't had anything close to some of the problems others here have had with their apostasy.

Finally, I left Islam just because, like I said, I could no longer believe these things. Nowadays, the things I used to try to justify and genuinely believe about Islam are outright ridiculous to me, and there's no going back. I wish I could say I left for moral reasons, like you would be. But I knew these problems when I was still a Muslim, and always found ways to explain them away.

Anyway, welcome!  parrot
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #7 - April 06, 2014, 12:30 PM

Lua do you have pressure from you husband to be a practicing muslim?

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #8 - April 06, 2014, 12:38 PM

Hello Smiley

.. thnkyu

Huh!    . where did that teen go?

:" she said  Hello Smiley   ......... thnkyu  "

and disappeared...

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #9 - April 06, 2014, 12:43 PM

Lua do you have pressure from you husband to be a practicing muslim?

Not really, no. He used to try to get me to pray, but, in recent weeks, I think he's understood that I made up my mind, and he hasn't bothered me about anything. He's clearly not happy, but he has been about as decent and as accepting of it as anyone could have asked for.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #10 - April 06, 2014, 12:50 PM

Not really, no. He used to try to get me to pray, but,...........

... try to get me to pray....

Ask him to bend and you sit on him..... finmad     

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #11 - April 06, 2014, 12:53 PM

Ask him to bend and you sit on him..... finmad     

What an interesting position to explore  Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #12 - April 06, 2014, 12:59 PM

^depends which way he is bending

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #13 - April 06, 2014, 01:01 PM

What an interesting position to explore  Roll Eyes

no..no..no explorations.. i didn't mean that way...  but sit on the rascals,   until rascals of Islam realize that praying whatever is an individual thing and nothing to do with training/forcing/harassing folks with in family..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmENfH14So

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #14 - April 06, 2014, 01:03 PM

lol I wish that would happen, my mum is cancelling our internet because my brother isnt praying and I am stuck in the middle of this insanity. (really need a job and my own place)

• Re: Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #15 - April 06, 2014, 01:04 PM

^depends which way he is bending

It could be interesting either way, believe me Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #16 - April 06, 2014, 01:05 PM

(... a job and my own place.....)

That is the most important steps many of the guys in your situation must take confusedagno

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #17 - April 06, 2014, 01:08 PM

It seems to be a universal rule that murtads can't start a thread or have a discussion without it somehow ending up as a talk about sex.

Cheesy      

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #18 - April 06, 2014, 01:10 PM

Oh my God, I went to go make breakfast what happened  Cheesy
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #19 - April 06, 2014, 01:25 PM

Sorry folks, I take the blame for that. But I had no choice, it was yeezevee who started it!  Cheesy

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #20 - April 06, 2014, 01:26 PM

Hello Aya, welcome to the forum. Have a parrot. parrot

Pretty much what everyone else has said. You may find this is just a temporary thing and return to being a happy muslim, or this may well be what it seems, the end of your faith. Either way, it's not a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with being a muslim or an ex-muslim, but it's something that ultimately you have to come to on your own.

It says in the quran that allah has not made us with two hearts. I personally view this as metaphorical, not literal. We view and believe certain things a certain way. I cannot at the same time believe in the quran while seeing flaws in it.

Let me run through a few points, just so you have a clear understanding of my reasoning,

The quran, like all the other holy texts, claims to be the word of god. The way to verify this is testing it, see if it stacks up. Quite frankly it doesn't.

The quran teaches that humans were created from clay in a specific creation. If you're to count on the hadiths, then it's just even more ludicrous. We know the first human was not a 90 foot tall clay giant. Even if you don't take the hadiths into account, it also doesn't account for evolution, the proof of which is overwhelming. Nor does it account for the number of people today who have Neanderthal DNA in them from before the Neanderthals went extinct. Everything I know to be proven fact contradicts the claims of the quran. The only logical conclusion I can come to is that it was a story told by ancient societies because they didn't have any answers. Adam never existed. It's not real.

The story of the arc and the great flood. This would have happened around 4000 years ago. It's quite simply impossible for the number of races, ethnicities and the huge amount of genetic traits to come from one incestuous family in just 4000 years. It cannot happen. Something else that puts a hole in the story is the amount of people who were thriving at this point. God flooded the entire world. Except for the Chinese who were developing at an incredible rate and remained unaffected from a global flood that wiped out every human on the planet. The Japanese were also unaffected. And the Africans. And the Europeans. And the Native Americans. And the Aztecs. And the South Americans. And most of the middle east.  The flood never happened. It's not real.

Mohammad splitting the moon. Now this I can't prove to be false,  but I can weight it against other things. People throughout the world at this point gazed at the stars. The Greeks, the Romans, the Chinese, they all had wonderful astronomers who mapped out the night sky. Certain claims by one society are matched by claims in another. Ancient Greeks for example would leave records of things they observed, shooting stars, eclipses, things that would last seconds or minutes, the same claims found with other peoples they had no contact with. Both recorded things matched by the other. So it's reasonable to assume that if Mohammad split the moon and then joined it together again, someone somewhere would have also noticed apart from a few Arabs in the desert. Maybe the rest of the world was on holiday, but I doubt it. I have to say this isn't true.

The sun orbits the Earth...yeah, we've known that's bullshit for a few centuries now.

It says in the quran that in the embryo/foetus the bones are the first thing to form. "So we made the clot a morsel, so we made the morsel bones, so we clothed the bones (with) meat". This is wrong. The skeleton is actually among the last to be formed. You'd think the all knowing creator of everything would realise this. It's wrong.

The stars are missiles to be hurled at jinns. Or they hunt demons. I haven't read the quran in a while so I can't remember the exact quote, but you can look it up to see exactly what it says. This is also wrong. The stars are just stars, they do the exact same thing as the star we orbit, the sun.

Women are defective in intelligence. Coming from a culture where gender mixing is the norm and close relationships aren't looked down upon, I can tell you this isn't true from my own experience. And then there's current trends in school grades, sciences, IQ and employment performance, the fact there are women in MENSA (if you don't know MENSA is like a super genius club, only 2% of the human population globally have a high enough IQ to qualify for membership). Now we live in an age men and women have equal rights, women are on the same level and even starting to out preform men. So I'm going to say this is wrong.

It becomes a common sense issue. Let's say that I'm wrong. Let's say all the things I'm of the opinion are true are wrong. It doesn't change the fact that I find the quran unbelievable. I can't have more knowledge than what's available to me. Let's take evolution. I find it believable. I'm convinced of it. The quran goes against it. I have no reason whatsoever, nothing at all compelling me to believe the quranic story over proven scientific fact.

Or another, let's take the big bang. I'm convinced by what knowledge I have that before the universe, and after the universe, there was no Earth. This planet did not exist. It took a very long time for our star to be born and for our planet to form. This seems plausible to me. From what I know of physics and cosmology, I can accept this. I have no reason whatsoever to believe that the Earth existed from the start and was ripped apart from heaven.

Or another. The quran and hadiths suggest a flat Earth. At one point it's spread out like a carpet, at another the Earth is like an ostrich egg (had to pick the bird that buries it's egg and flattens the soil), allah will roll up the Earth like parchment/paper, and on and on it goes. Everything I'm aware of tells me this is wrong. It becomes less and less believable to me.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #21 - April 06, 2014, 01:31 PM

Sorry folks, I take the blame for that. But I had no choice, it was yeezevee who started it!  Cheesy

Grin

Yeezevee was just defending us women who were made to pray  001_wub
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #22 - April 06, 2014, 01:32 PM

@OP- Research and research. Don't be biased. Look at both sides. When I had started my research I deliberately avoided reading articles that shows the factual errors of the Quran and I was confused. Then when I finally dared to do it I easily got rid of Islam from my heart. Oh and here is your piggy piggy Smiley. Best of luck Afro.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #23 - April 06, 2014, 01:33 PM

Grin

Yeezevee was just defending us women who were made to pray  001_wub

Uncle Yeez is the best hugs!
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #24 - April 06, 2014, 03:09 PM

Welcome Aya, hope you enjoy the UK...

X
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #25 - April 06, 2014, 03:25 PM

Hello Aya,

IMO, you should continue on your path of reading and seeking and gaining more knowledge. Continue along that path and if you are to leave Islam, you would know it without having to ask anyone for assurance. That will empower you in whatever decision you make.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #26 - April 06, 2014, 07:44 PM

Sorry if i didn't read others comments so I maybe repeating others. I think a better question is are you prepared to leave Islam. At your age there are social and economic ramifications of leaving a religion. If your parents are the type that will disown you may well lose all your family contacts. If your parents are funding your schooling you may lose this as well. I won't tell you to stay or leave Islam, you have to decide for yourself, you just need to be prepared if you do leave.

Take a few courses on biology to learn about evolution, take a few history course to learn how common the idea in the Quran are. A lot of the Quran is just repeating stories known for centuries. There is very little original content in the Quran which was not present in another civilization. Take a few religion studies courses to just see how common the Quran actually is.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #27 - April 06, 2014, 08:25 PM

What actually do you guys mean leaving Islam .. no.. no ., no one need not to leave anything.,  we just need to understand it.  And Aya has plenty of time  to do the .   . Seeking the truth in 21st century is not that difficult..

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #28 - April 07, 2014, 08:14 AM

Welcome  parrot

I sort of left Islam at 16...Though for slightly different reasons.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #29 - April 07, 2014, 11:58 AM

Huh! ..............Noooooo I didn't start that Cornflower., it is  Aya who started this .,    blame  Aya ....

So everything in my life continued, and I was still a proud Muslim. Until yesterday, I found out something even more shocking: Muslim men would get 2 wives from Earth and 72 "houries" in Jannah.
    And I thought as my mother said, that maybe the haters of Islam wrote that...but then I told her about what I read she suddenly felt nervous and her only answer was "Why do you care?".

She is trouble maker..   asking so many silly questions.,  troubling every one including her mom., 

See how fast these kids of 21st century change?  with in 24 hrs.....  anyways where is she???  So we shouldn't worry about kids at this age and tome. They will learn quick., very quick

With  best wishes
    yeezevee

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »