Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Should I leave Islam?

(Read 9877 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #30 - April 07, 2014, 12:00 PM

Welcome  parrot

I sort of left Islam at 16...Though for slightly different reasons.

Huh! look at that Indian guy.. . Indian Muslims are quite confused and they get more confused because of their religious politics from every side,   he also says  he sort of left Islam at 16.,

So question  to these 16 year olds is ., what actually do they mean by "leaving Islam"?? Give me the answer Descent..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #31 - April 07, 2014, 12:12 PM

lol I am 26 and still unsure of my religious stance, leaving a religion is not an easy thing to do and takes a lot of consideration, a lot of time and A LOT of research

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #32 - April 07, 2014, 12:18 PM

lol I am 26 and still unsure of my religious stance, leaving a religion is not an easy thing to do and takes a lot of consideration, a lot of time and A LOT of research

You are Ooooooooold  confusedagno.,   you got to be six_teen  to get mad and leave all that ridiculous  religious nonsense ,  like Aya did it in a over night..  Cheesy

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #33 - April 07, 2014, 12:22 PM

Grin I was a Christian apostate by 14, but decided to detour into the rabbit hole of Islam and take the long way to atheism. Aya is wayy ahead of my 16 year old self.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #34 - April 07, 2014, 12:22 PM

lol yes yeez i'm ancient Wink  so thats y i have to make sure im not going to burn in hell when I kick the bucket Wink

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #35 - April 07, 2014, 12:23 PM

Huh! look at that Indian guy.. . Indian Muslims are quite confused and they get more confused because of their religious politics from every side,   he also says  he sort of left Islam at 16.,

So question  to these 16 year olds is ., what actually do they mean by "leaving Islam"?? Give me the answer Descent..

It depends on the person I suppose. For some, leaving Islam means realizing the personal God called Allah doesn't exist. For others, an understanding that Mo wasn't the divine person he claims to be. It is a gradual process, I do not think anyone, including teenagers, decide one day to not be Muslim. For me, it was a doubt starting at 12, to completely leaving my faith and identifying myself as an (agnostic) atheist by the age of 16.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #36 - April 07, 2014, 12:29 PM

................ For me, it was a doubt starting at 12, to completely leaving my faith and identifying myself as an (agnostic) atheist by the age of 16. ..................

.Hello Descent., glad to see your reply but that really doesn't answer me that question..

what actually do they mean by "leaving Islam"??

I mean,   what is that a guy or a girl  doing different now, from  what they used to do when they were Muslims? 

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #37 - April 07, 2014, 12:34 PM

you know its interesting to note the journey one goes through while losing faith, the doubting part has got to be very disorientating, I know for me personally I can see so many problems and logical arguments against islam but the muslim in me is still protesting against this and WANTING islam to be true.

Sometimes I wonder if it is actually a good thing to realise the truth when those around you are blinded by their belief.
    Reading threads like this http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=12753.0 I begin to wonder is this all worth it?

Do I have the strength to put on an elaborate act of being a muslim, do I have the strength to announce my disbelief, do I have enough evidence to truly disbeleive?

The social pressure to conform to religion is great, a lot of people can get hurt in this process, is it worth it? I wonder., but it is difficult to go against what you truly come to believe or disbelieve.

So like i keep saying there is a lot to consider and a lot of information to process which can not be done overnight.

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #38 - April 07, 2014, 12:35 PM

.Hello Descent., glad to see your reply but that really doesn't answer me that question..

what is that a guy or a girl  doing different now, from  what they used to do when they were Muslims? 

Good q yeez, I would like to know this too

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #39 - April 07, 2014, 01:48 PM

I have always hated my religion to a certain extent. The beard, hijab, old-fashioned Arabic lifestyle, prayer rituals, etc. But I stuck to it thinking that there might explanations for the immoralities and incongruities and that my religion was true. I started doubting my faith in my teens. There are some alternate viewpoints on the religion I had deliberately avoided convinced that they were wrong or smear campaigns. then some issues in my life lead me to believe that either God hates me or He doesn't exist. Then I dared venture into the world of alternate viewpoints out of anger and finally the truth has set me free completely.

I won't say I am completely an atheist now. A part of me wants to believe that there is a Deity. That is usually my weak and vulnerable part. And that was the whole point of having an omnipotent God in your imaginations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc&list=PLECD9ACF9D6F1F8FF
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #40 - April 07, 2014, 06:29 PM

Good q yeez, I would like to know this too

Aya  should answer that question NOT me.. lol.... Well we are airing  all sorts of opinions BUT ..but Aya is missing.

May be she is still mad at Islam..

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #41 - April 08, 2014, 06:55 AM

what actually do they mean by "leaving Islam"??

I mean,   what is that a guy or a girl  doing different now, from  what they used to do when they were Muslims? 

I suppose not doing what Islam commands you to do. For example, not praying and fasting (for the sake of religion). And maybe the most importantly, not doing things for the sake of being rewarded (or fear of being punished).
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #42 - April 08, 2014, 08:31 AM

I don't think it's possible to ever feel free from islam, theres always some attachment or guilt or feelings of fear that never leaves you..
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #43 - April 08, 2014, 09:27 AM

Hi Aya,
    And welcome to the club. bunny parrot
    Just to reiterate a few points already mentioned, your still so young, don't feel you have to rush into anything. It's up to you what you do decide, remember when it comes to what you believe you don't owe anyone anything and that applies right across the board, from your nearest and dearest to the good folk here at CEMB. If you do decide to 'leave Islam' bear in mind it doesn't have to be as drastic or extreme as you might think. A lot of people on this forum are closeted, i.e in certain company they are still thought to be muslims (myself included) but once they've found their own space they can quietly drop the rules, rituals and imo irrational fears.
    Anyways I hope that helps so feel free to drop back in and say hello or have a quick chat if you want but only if you want. Smiley
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #44 - April 08, 2014, 01:25 PM

Oh yeah just to repeat one other previously made point, 'Do your research!' Good luck.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #45 - April 08, 2014, 02:13 PM

Grin I was a Christian apostate by 14, but decided to detour into the rabbit hole of Islam and take the long way to atheism. Aya is wayy ahead of my 16 year old self.

I apostatized at 16 into atheism. I have never enjoyed by teens at all but I guess freeing my mind from Islam was my sweet 16 present.  Grin 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #46 - April 08, 2014, 02:18 PM

I apostatized at 16 into atheism. I have never enjoyed by teens at all but I guess freeing my mind from Islam was my sweet 16 present.  Grin 

Cheesy Nice. If I recall correctly, I got a Game Boy Advance for mine, which ain't bad, but I'd rather have had the apostasy.

Also, twenties are way better. I don't know what all the fuss was about with being a teenager.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #47 - April 08, 2014, 02:20 PM

All of the sex drugs and rock and roll, none of the work, rent, and responsibility.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #48 - April 08, 2014, 02:22 PM

^ But the work, rent and responsibility is from having money, your own place, and being your own keeper. When you can pull it off, I'd reckon it makes the sex, drugs and rock and roll much sweeter.  dance
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #49 - April 08, 2014, 02:29 PM

Cheesy I was too poor growing up to have that anyway. That said, my teenage years were fucking wild. My 20s are different but still awesome.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #50 - April 08, 2014, 07:22 PM

I think teens are one of most hated groups in human society. I'm 18 and I absolutely hate my contemporaries. They have no sense of wonder, complete disrespect to all institutions and authority, have no sense of responsibility and act like total morons, have poor taste in the fine arts, and have thoroughly fake personalities that changes based on who they're trying to impress.

Sorry for the rant. I've had a bad experience with people my age.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #51 - April 08, 2014, 07:24 PM

I think teens are one of most hated groups in human society. I'm 18 and I absolutely hate my contemporaries. They have no sense of wonder, complete disrespect to all institutions and authority, have no sense of responsibility and act like total morons, have poor taste in the fine arts, and have thoroughly fake personalities that changes based on who they're trying to impress.

I think that's because you have the vocabulary and the style of an actual genius, and that doesn't tend to win over a lot of friends at 18.

But yes, I think you're typically going to have to try to connect with people far older or more educated than you to get the kind of interaction you need to be engaged and impressed.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #52 - April 08, 2014, 07:34 PM

I hear you on that one brother.

Im in my last year of my teen years and I am glad to be moving into my twenties soon.  I absolutely hated my teen years and have never been able to feel truly happy during this life stage.  I've always found it difficult to make friends with my fellow teens.  My bestfriend is the only one I really connected with and that was because he had the same personality as me.

I am glad to be moving into my twenties which seems to be the awesome age group IMO.  You are still young enough that you are going out and having alot of fun but old enough that you have begun to develop a mature adult personality. The best of both worlds dance

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #53 - April 08, 2014, 07:38 PM

I think that's because you have the vocabulary and the style of an actual genius, and that doesn't tend to win over a lot of friends at 18.

But yes, I think you're typically going to have to try to connect with people far older or more educated than you to get the kind of interaction you need to be engaged and impressed.

I'm sorry as sometimes I may come across as a douchebag pseudo-intellectual, I guess that certainly doesn't help. It's just that sometimes my classmates rub me in the wrong way. Two of them actually went around and egged people's houses and thought it was funny...

And I do prefer the company of older folk. My best friend is my 35 year old albino math teacher. I guess it is because they're more mature and have a more stable, calm behaviour not prone to rash actions.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #54 - April 08, 2014, 07:46 PM

I'm sorry as sometimes I may come across as a douchebag pseudo-intellectual, I guess that certainly doesn't help. It's just that sometimes my classmates rub me in the wrong way. Two of them actually went around and egged people's houses and thought it was funny...

And I do prefer the company of older folk. My best friend is my 35 year old albino math teacher.

I didn't mean that, I mean that I actually get the feeling that you're a literal genius when I read what you write and remember your age. That's an impression that pseudo-intellectuals tend not to successfully make, no matter how much they try.

I am a lot like you for different reasons in the friendship respect. I don't connect with people my age as well as some of the older ones, and never did, but only because I had a great deal of interests that are boring by today's standards. If I want someone to connect with and talk to about these things, I have better luck with people older and more experienced than my peers and I. My closest friends are also at least ten years older than me. A very dear one is twice my age, and I made that friend when I was only a little older than you.

I do think you're going to be much better off when you get older and can elect to surround yourself with more people who stimulate you. If you don't feel like you fit in, teenage years are annoying at best. 
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #55 - April 08, 2014, 07:47 PM

^

If your in school or uni try going to student groups like the Philosophy or science or history societies etc.  People who have passions like that are usually more mature.

There are more mature teens if you look hard enough.

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #56 - April 08, 2014, 07:56 PM

I suppose in a couple months I will be at university studying physics with other people with similar interests and thus undoubtedly should be able to make friends. One of the major reasons why I am looking forward to university.
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #57 - April 08, 2014, 08:00 PM

If it makes you feel better I was a complete socially awkard loner that had no friends except one in highschool.

When i started going to uni and got out of that environment making friends became natural all of a sudden.  The common interest helps.

You'll find people act more mature in uni even first years.

• Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #58 - April 08, 2014, 08:14 PM

i would recommend reading the QUran cover to cover...it only gets better whistling2

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Should I leave Islam?
     Reply #59 - April 08, 2014, 08:18 PM

If it makes you feel better I was a complete socially awkard loner that had no friends except one in highschool.

When i started going to uni and got out of that environment making friends became natural all of a sudden.  The common interest helps.

You'll find people act more mature in uni even first years.

Yes, this sounds great. Just have to finish these blasted A-Levels and I can finally meet more nerds like myself.  Smiley
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »