Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How do we choose what is appropriate for women to wear?

(Read 44028 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How do we choose what is appropriate for women to wear?
     Reply #210 - September 16, 2014, 11:26 PM

Re the pink thing, I don't believe that quite has as many harmful effects as the hijab at a young age and the like. I mean, it'll influence kids, sure. Everything does, they're like sponges. But it's hard to compare them beyond that, I think.

No. It is blatant sexualization. Because donning it claims that the body beneath it is too sexy to be in public space.

And is not the logical next step to report it to Police, NSPCC etc as child sexual abuse?

I was just thinking more about all of this. Do you all believe that the hijab should be banned? Do you think that adult women have a right to choose what they want to wear, or that parents have a right to dress their little girls in what they choose? Or do you think that this religious item has no purpose other than religious based sexual suppression and should be deemed harmful to society and banned?

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #211 - September 16, 2014, 11:36 PM

The fuck?! I don't want to get eaten! All your advise brings to mind is me ending up like this.

Warning graphic

It is very rare for a bear to do that. Very unusual.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #212 - September 16, 2014, 11:38 PM

Having never come across a wild bear I would probably freak out as well. How do you not freak out when coming across a 2-3 meter tall predator that can run and catch you, climb trees, is so much stronger than you and has claws that can take your head off with one swipe? What if the bear is hungry?

Carry a big gun, simple.
     Reply #213 - September 16, 2014, 11:38 PM

I was just thinking more about all of this. Do you all believe that the hijab should be banned? Do you think that adult women have a right to choose what they want to wear, or that parents have a right to dress their little girls in what they choose? Or do you think that this religious item has no purpose other than religious based sexual suppression and should be deemed harmful to society and banned?

Hijab should not be banned, but the wearing of it by girls should be until they reach the age of consent. Parents have a right to choose children's clothing to a point, after which others should step in (sexual language on t-shirts included). there should not be a state run ban on it, just a strong societal pressure and influence on it so it diminishes on its own.
     Reply #214 - September 17, 2014, 12:09 AM

Hijab should not be banned, but the wearing of it by girls should be until they reach the age of consent. Parents have a right to choose children's clothing to a point, after which others should step in (sexual language on t-shirts included). there should not be a state run ban on it, just a strong societal pressure and influence on it so it diminishes on its own.

Do you believe that societal pressure would be enough to diminish this practice? Or do you think that religious fundamentalists would react to that societal pressure by digging their heels in and becoming more strict about little girls wearing the hijab, thus raising even more fundamentalist children to carry on their beliefs? While there are obvious exceptions -such as the people on this board- I think most children follow in their parents footsteps. I don't know how you support people's freedom, while at the same time putting a stop to things which are arguably very harmful.

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #215 - September 17, 2014, 12:30 AM

The fuck?! I don't want to get eaten! All your advise brings to mind is me ending up like this.

Warning graphic

I actually clicked on that specifically to see if it was that picture. I remember seeing this a few years back and it stuck in my mind until today.
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »