Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Dawah to rap artist - "The Game"

(Read 6509 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Dawah to rap artist - "The Game"
     OP - March 12, 2014, 09:01 PM

Have any of you seen the latest video from iERA's John Fontain?

He goes to some hip hop event in Manchester - all geared up - hoping to get a shahada from the rapper "The Game",

The Game listens to him for a second and walks away.  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

And after that he sees "The Game" kissing two hijabi's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKi6guvcB7I

Now Dawah Man comes to the rescue - after calling Katy Perry to Islam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJKbCC5fZqM

These people seriously do need to get a life. I'm pretty sure most of my Muslim friends would cringe at this as well... wacko
     Reply #1 - March 12, 2014, 09:04 PM

if dawah all disappeared, I would miss it. It is pathetic enough to be really funny.
    Dawahman pretty much threatened the game's kid with hell in that video.
     Reply #2 - March 12, 2014, 09:15 PM

Borderline self parody.
     Reply #3 - March 12, 2014, 10:13 PM

What a complete wankpellet.
     Reply #4 - March 12, 2014, 10:54 PM

He goes to some hip hop event in Manchester - all geared up - hoping to get a shahada from the rapper "The Game",

These people seriously do need to get a life. I'm pretty sure most of my Muslim friends would cringe at this as well... wacko

that part of the end when he talks about the Muslim girls, he sounds like an honour killer in waiting, talking about Zina and all that shit, just because they went to a rap concert.

they're spreading hate and backwardness, pure and simple.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #5 - March 12, 2014, 10:59 PM

Lol...Dawahman to the rescue  dance

Me: Hey Allah!
    Allah: KAFIR!
     Reply #6 - March 12, 2014, 11:05 PM

that part of the end when he talks about the Muslim girls, he sounds like an honour killer in waiting, talking about Zina and all that shit, just because they went to a rap concert.

they're spreading hate and backwardness, pure and simple.

That’s what prompted me to make the comment I did.
     Reply #7 - March 13, 2014, 12:01 AM

For the life of me I can't understand what makes these white people convert to islam and become salafis

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #8 - March 13, 2014, 12:03 AM

Newsflash: some white people aren't very smart. Also, some of the smart ones sometimes do dumb things. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #9 - March 13, 2014, 12:44 AM

For the life of me I can't understand what makes these white people convert to islam and become salafis

Feelings of community, support, belonging, brotherhood, meaning, etc. Same as a lot of people.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #10 - March 13, 2014, 01:16 AM

the thrill of being given a divine licence to hate too

God is Love.

Reply #11 - March 13, 2014, 01:39 AM

Newsflash: some white people aren't very smart. Also, some of the smart ones sometimes do dumb things. Smiley

i meant that why would someone not brought up in Islam convert to it.  I say white because those make up the vast majority of converts.

Reply #12 - March 13, 2014, 01:43 AM

I want to say that in a lot of those cases it starts with wanting to have an "edge." To feel different, to seem more interesting, to create a nice contrast to what people expect of you.
     Reply #13 - March 13, 2014, 01:47 AM

Imran ibn Mansur also known as DawahMan really just seems like he's hungry for fame and using Dawah as a pretext, and it seems to be working.
     Reply #14 - March 13, 2014, 01:49 AM

If I wanted to create an edge I'd listen to different genres of music or wear different clothes etc  

There just seems to be something off about non muslims who convert and become frothing at the mouth salafis(e.x. green, yusuf estes, cat stevens).  They probably had some sort of extreme imbalance in their life before.

Reply #15 - March 13, 2014, 01:53 AM

I think some of them would have joined racist organisations, become skinheads before. Now they can become Salafi, hate the kuffar, hate gays, hate Shias, hate Ahmadis, hate murtads, and hate women and get an honour killer mentality. Hate with a divine edge is alluring. These cats say God tells you to hate, and then says its not even hate, its just Gods will.

God is Love.

Reply #16 - March 13, 2014, 03:39 AM

"There is nothing so effective as the notion of the sacred for motivating good people to do bad things."
    - Ozymandias Ramses II

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #17 - March 13, 2014, 06:59 AM

I'm sort of inclined to not call this sort of nonsense street dawah 'dawah'. From my recollection Dawah was usually done by qualified/trained persons who actually knew something about Islam and had relatively good people skills and a list of guidelines on how to give dawah. I'm not bigging up traditional dawah artists like HuT but at least there was a process. This street dawah/yt dawah is just for banal idiots to run up to people, recite the only ayat of quran they know and then repeatedly scream 'why you not Muslim yet, bro'. It's like the difference between Simon Wisenthal and Dog the Bounty Hunter
     Reply #18 - March 13, 2014, 09:04 AM

expect even more of this stupidity from the London Dawah Movement

"You all saw the video @johnfontain made about him giving dawah to the game. But he was reluctant in hearing him. But he can't avoid us on twitter... So I have made a video for him ... And subhan'Allah this video may be the most powerful one yet. For him and his daughter.

>>> It will be up at 8pm today inshaa'Allah"
     Reply #19 - March 13, 2014, 11:09 AM

I thought the purpose of Dawah was to make Islam look good to people that are unfamiliar with it.

Saying that all women who wear perfume are whores has got to be the worst Dawah line ever.
     Reply #20 - March 13, 2014, 11:16 AM

But on the other hand, they are at least honest so that people have the right information from start Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #21 - March 13, 2014, 11:45 AM

Non-muslims are unhappy only because they don't believe in an old crap book ?  Huh?

Reply #22 - March 13, 2014, 11:58 AM

I thought the purpose of Dawah was to make Islam look good to people that are unfamiliar with it.

Saying that all women who wear perfume are whores has got to be the worst Dawah line ever.

not if you're Wahaabis

God is Love.

Reply #23 - March 13, 2014, 01:17 PM

I'm sort of inclined to not call this sort of nonsense street dawah 'dawah'. From my recollection Dawah was usually done by qualified/trained persons who actually knew something about Islam and had relatively good people skills and a list of guidelines on how to give dawah. I'm not bigging up traditional dawah artists like HuT but at least there was a process. This street dawah/yt dawah is just for banal idiots to run up to people, recite the only ayat of quran they know and then repeatedly scream 'why you not Muslim yet, bro'. It's like the difference between Simon Wisenthal and Dog the Bounty Hunter

Good summery.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #24 - March 14, 2014, 12:20 PM

In other news, I'm taking notes of that rapper in time for my next hijabi encounter
     Reply #25 - March 18, 2014, 09:39 PM

OK I do see your point, but please show me ANYONE who is 'trained or qualified' in what God wants.

I put it to The Pope, vatican, Chief Rabbi or all the Islamic scholars put together that they may be experts on the books, but they have no more information nor are any more 'qualified' than I am regarding the nature of any proposed 'Creator'

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #26 - March 18, 2014, 09:58 PM

Wa Dawahman a rapper before his dawah? If yes, are there any records?

I ask many stupid questions frequently.
    I am curious, that's why I ask many questions.
    I am overly curious, that's why I ask stupid questions.
    I lack patience, that's why I ask frequently.
    So forgive me and answer me Smiley
     Reply #27 - March 26, 2014, 08:00 PM

Just like some people end up joining a gang, could be a combination of being weak minded and wanting to be part of a movement, wanting to be anti-establishment just for the sake of being a rebel, and possibly thinking that if something has an 'ethnic flavour' it may seem exotic. There are probably a whole host of other factors, but this is just a few possibilities.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #28 - March 26, 2014, 08:10 PM

I will agree with him on the issue that many of these rappers are not role-models, they are in many cases, self obsessed, and greedy for money, but you don't need to be a muslim to come to that conclusion.

Reply #29 - March 27, 2014, 01:18 AM

Oh so they think these celebs are bad role-models? They think they influence a lot of people?

So why are these people doing "dawah" to these celebrities? Is it not in the hope of exploiting their influence and getting to the huge number of fans of these people? I smell hypocrisy
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »