Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslims have won the argument using chocolate

(Read 7526 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslims have won the argument using chocolate
     OP - March 08, 2014, 10:34 AM

https://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&tab=w1#/watch?feature=g-soc&v=LOZH39ijxhU

Hello, its been a long time since i lasted posted, but i have actually been lurking around quietly.

A lot of my muslim friends have been using this video to prove that atheist do not have the answers for the beginning of the universe. Maybe they meant science and not athiest. I would like to hear your views, and also feel free to move this thread to another place if required.

"So what do we do?", "You know what we do."
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #1 - March 08, 2014, 10:49 AM

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=25965.msg737805#msg737805

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #2 - March 08, 2014, 10:53 AM

Won what?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #3 - March 08, 2014, 10:59 AM

Won the argument that a piece of chocolate is the same as the forces that birthed the universe, or something.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #4 - March 08, 2014, 11:06 AM

A lot of my muslim friends have been using this video to prove that atheist do not have the answers for the beginning of the universe.

I could have told them that. I will make it clear right now:

MUSLIMS: I do not have the answers for the beginning of the universe.

The problem is that Muslims don't have the answers either. They have pseudo answers.

I currently do not know how the universe came to be. A muslim can tell me that god did it, and I would still not know how the universe came to be. That is how I know they have no answer either
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #5 - March 08, 2014, 11:06 AM

Won what?

The award for stupidity and lack of persuasive arguments.
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #6 - March 08, 2014, 11:15 AM

Come on guys. Can't you see that a quaint bar trick and few words of ancient middle-eastern folk wisdom is a much better explanation than modern theories of physics? It at least shows that the person really has put some serious thought into explaining it.

• the Muslims have won
     Reply #7 - March 08, 2014, 11:23 AM

The problem is that Muslims don't have the answers either. They have pseudo answers.

I currently do not know how the universe came to be. A muslim can tell me that god did it, and I would still not know how the universe came to be. That is how I know they have no answer either

Allah snapped his fingers and said the magic word. What more of a description could you possibly want?
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #8 - March 08, 2014, 11:27 AM

God did it is not an answer, its a statement without any reason behind it. I could say the Easter bunny did with the same results...
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #9 - March 08, 2014, 11:50 AM

But the Easter bunny doesn't exist, silly.
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #10 - March 08, 2014, 11:59 AM

But seriously, it never ceases to baffle me that people think videos like this are serious contenders in the marketplace of ideas. I can't help feeling a sense of pity when someone professes to be satisfied with these bare and shallow religious assertions as a substitute for an actual explanation. So beholden and defensive of their ancient book that they miss out on so many cutting-edge discoveries and fascinating theoretical models, instead trying to cram the boundless wonder of the entire universe into a few lines of text.

• the Muslims have won
     Reply #11 - March 08, 2014, 12:00 PM

I dunno about that. When I visit my family on Easter break they have Easter eggs and chocolate every year. How do they get these eggs and chocolate every year at this time if not for the Easter bunny? I know some of you will be quick to point out the adults buy these items but this is just what the non-bunny believers want you to think. They deny the candy goodness which is the bunny! Also why would adults deceive other people like this? It must be the influence of the dastardly duck.

Here is a video showing how "the duck" is willing to lead those astray from the proper path. You will also see the prophet, Bugs Bunny(pbuh) confronting the evil one and defeating him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-k5J4RxQdE
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #12 - March 08, 2014, 01:32 PM

Woah. Now that's deep. It all makes sense now. This is it, then: la illahah illa-llah, muhammadun rasulu-llah.

Just kidding. It's a stupid, cringe-worthy video.

1. Not all atheists believe the universe appeared out of nothing
    2. If the universe had a cause, it needn't be a sentient being.
    3. If the universe was created by a sentient being, that sentient being definitely wasn't the one described in quran.

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #13 - March 08, 2014, 03:07 PM

If the universe was a creation of God, who created God?
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #14 - March 08, 2014, 03:26 PM

The God of theism is a poorly constructed prime mover, as far as potential prime movers go. Intelligence is a completely superfluous quality of the fundamental laws of physics. There is no reason to posit intelligence. No explanatory or predictive cosmological model needs to appeal to intelligence in order to make sense or be complete. It's just not an issue at all.

Moreover, defining a thing as omnipotent erodes the very concept of intelligence. There would be no need for intelligence in an omnipotent prime mover. Intelligence is a functional state of problem solving systems, or a system in relationship with a reality that is at least partially unfamiliar to it (so omniscience is out, too). What kind of omnipotence has problems to solve? Something has to give. One quality must veto the other to a degree.

• the Muslims have won
     Reply #15 - March 08, 2014, 03:31 PM

If the universe was a creation of God, who created God?

Super-god.

• the Muslims have won
     Reply #16 - March 08, 2014, 03:36 PM

So I wonder if we , as finite beings,  can ever understand the concept of infinite?
  • the Muslims have won
     Reply #17 - March 08, 2014, 04:02 PM

Won what?

Basically what QSE and HM have said, but I'll change the title slightly to make it a bit clearer.

Anyways, I am more pissed off about the fact that the majority of the viewers don't know how the extra piece of chocolate got there.

Reply #18 - March 08, 2014, 04:10 PM

Indeed many people (atheists/scientist included) don't know the exact origins. But my Muslim friends don't understand that even atheists/scientist don't know the answer. They are the type of people that also think evolution explains the origin of life. Cheesy I wish I could just shout out about how the video is a full of rubbish, but I have to stay undercover.  cool2  Wink

Reply #19 - March 08, 2014, 04:13 PM

I am more pissed off about the fact that the majority of the viewers don't know how the extra piece of chocolate got there.

Cheesy

Reply #20 - March 08, 2014, 04:17 PM

Oh fuck. I just watched that video. That would have to be a Guinness Book of Records contender for Stupidest Video Ever Made.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #21 - March 08, 2014, 04:21 PM

what the fuck was that

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #22 - March 08, 2014, 04:22 PM

Shit like that makes William Lane Craig look like a genius.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #23 - March 08, 2014, 04:34 PM

these da'wah boys worship WLC

the celebration of stupidity is on another level

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #24 - March 08, 2014, 04:36 PM

That was an idiotic analogy. (the chocolate one)

Also, LDM have a new video regarding infinite regress.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #25 - March 08, 2014, 04:37 PM

Christian apologetics are still ahead of Muslim ones. LDM, Iera etc.. have just copied WLCs Kalam argument.

Reply #26 - March 08, 2014, 04:46 PM

LDM doesn't understand infinite regress to begin with, anything he says is moot. An infinite regress is a logical concept, in which the validity of statement P relies upon the validity of P1, which relies upon P2, which relies upon P3, which relies on Pn, ad infinitum. An infinite regress is "a sequence of reasoning or justification which can never come to an end". Many theories doesn't meet this definition. Therefore, these doesn't involve an infinite regress. He is arguing against a strawman he either constructed or copied from someone else.
     Reply #27 - March 08, 2014, 04:49 PM

Christian apologetics are still ahead of Muslim ones. LDM, Iera etc.. have just copied WLCs Kalam argument.

somebody asked me today what would is gonna happen to Islamic apologetics if William Lane Craig died. I thought it was a good question, but now he has been dismantled in debates, we may find out.
     Reply #28 - March 08, 2014, 04:59 PM

Bucailleism has been demolished. WLC is the main source of the Hamza tzortzis/ iERA/ LDM cosmogony argument.  Unfortunately, I think that  the Kalam cosmological argument ( inc. first cause and infinite regress) will still be used for some time by muslim apologists.

Reply #29 - March 08, 2014, 05:15 PM

Causality and infinite regress are not the same thing. This is what apologists do not understand but I do not expect the average apologist will. They copy the work of their betters but do not actually think about the work itself. "Hey this sounds like a good argument for God" copy/paste. Mainstream cosmology theories do not propose infinite regress. For that matter our understanding of physics breaks down before the point of the "singularity" so even applying our understanding of physics can be questionable. This leads to the issue of using a model in physics when physics itself is questionable within this context.

Islam itself is based on infinite regress with special pleading in order to avoid it. X is word of God from prophet Y, X2 prophet text Y2, etc, etc. If one of these prophet was not actually a prophet the claim breaks down. The claims of each prophet is based on the validity of the previous.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »