Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Am I odd?

(Read 4948 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Am I odd?
     OP - February 24, 2014, 08:19 PM

I don't want to have kids if I get married in the future, not even adopted ones. Am I being too weird? This may sound silly but do you think there is anybody out there who thinks along the same line?
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #1 - February 24, 2014, 08:42 PM

You're not weird. Quite a few people don't want to have kids, me included.

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #2 - February 25, 2014, 12:26 AM

I don't want to have kids if I get married in the future, not even adopted ones. Am I being too weird? This may sound silly but do you think there is anybody out there who thinks along the same line?

It's perfectly normal to not want to have kids. It's perfectly normal to want to have kids. There are lots of people of either variety, especially among more liberal, non-theistic people. It seems that religious demands of procreation keep some people tied to a tradition of having children without really thinking about it. People who do not absolutely for sure want to have kids should not have kids. There is lots to do in this life besides having kids.

Get out there and meet people who share the same interests as you. I'm sure you'll find tons of people who are on the same page about this too.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #3 - February 25, 2014, 12:33 AM

Normal. I know many couples who refuse to have any children.

turnipovich
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #4 - February 25, 2014, 02:05 AM

I have a friend who decided long ago not to have children. When she wants to spend time with children, she does.
    Sometimes she comes to my house and talks with the children, we take her to the park and play and she brings them sweets and sometimes presents.
    This is not the first friend I have had without children who contributed very positively to the lives of my children.
    Being childless by choice is not a selfishness, and it does not mark you as hating children. In my opinion, it is better to be self aware of how you want to live than try to fulfill the expectations of others.
    It is your life. You should be able to make your own choices in it, and those who love you ought to be supportive of those choices.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #5 - February 25, 2014, 02:26 AM

No it's not weird at all. Some people want them, some people don't.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #6 - February 25, 2014, 02:28 AM

Not odd, I have no interest in having children at this time. I have not considered the future as any decision will be based on the outcome of the present, which includes factors which are the backbone of my reasons at the present.
  • Am I odd?
     Reply #7 - February 25, 2014, 08:13 AM

It's not odd at all. There are many people around the world who make a conscious decision to not have kids, myself included Smiley
    Like allat and three said, being a parent is something that you should genuinely want to do and feel prepared for, instead of just fulfilling the wishes of parents and community etc.
    If you are happy with not having children, then that's all that matters. It might not be easy at times, especially where you live. In society's view women have no other purpose in life other than having children  Roll Eyes but you have to stick by your principles and ignore the inquisitive, and sometimes downright rude, comments and questions.
    You can always choose to volunteer with a charity that helps children or pick up some other hobby or worthwhile cause. It can be a more fulfilling way to contribute to humankind  Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »