Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Did anyone read the Bible?

(Read 6775 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Did anyone read the Bible?
     Reply #30 - February 20, 2014, 01:36 PM

well QSM puts out all eight stanzas of that "Song of Solomon" Did you  read that QSM.,  let me redo it to make better so that is going to be "song of yeezevee"

Cant.1

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers.,
    we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
     Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
     thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

I am black, but comely,
    Look not upon me, because I am black,
     because the sun hath looked upon me:  
     Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest,  
    why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?

I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariots.
      Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.
      Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
     Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.

Cant.2
     I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
     As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
      As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons.  
    and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

He brought me  the banner his love.
    cuddle me like I am your pillow, comfort me under your  arms
    for I am sick of love oh my love.
    His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.
     I charge you, O flowers  of Jerusalem,  ye stir me
    and  awaken my love, till he please.

The voice of my beloved! behold,
    cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
    My beloved is a young heart
    My beloved spake, and said unto me,
    Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
    The flowers appear on the earth
    and the time of the singing   birds to  come,
    and the voice of the turtle is heard  out loud
    The fig tree putteth forth her green figs,
    and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.
     Arise, Oh my love, my fair one,
    and come all the away in to my heart

O my dove, let me see thy countenance,
    let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice,  
    and the fragrance that comes out of thee
     My beloved is mine, and I am his
      Until the life ends, and the shadows  of life flee away,

That sounds better.. Damn.. That sounds damn good..  Anyway  well those are the first two cants of "song of yeezevee".,and QSM will do the rest  .

Song of Solomon is a nice one  and I am sure people can make it better.  My problem with "Song of Solomon is not what is there in it ,  but many Islamic intellectuals think that Song of Solomon mentions alleged Prophet of Islam.. just an example..
    http://www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/mBible.htm

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE by Dr. Zakir Naik

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad       (pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad     (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is present.[/quote
    http://www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/mBible.htm

If you refer to Song of Solomon in Hebrew scripture, the name 'Muhammad' also mention there, please read Song of Solomon 5:16, it looks like this:

"Hikow mamtaqiym wkulow  mahamadiym zeh dowdiy wzeh ree`iy bnowt yruushaalaaim."

Like tha, t we can  literally  get 100s Islamic websites where fools sing like parrots  and consider that Alleged Islamic prophet was mentioned in that Song of Solomon.  But I have yet to see anything concrete in it. Fools  don't even know how to read that song, forget analyzing it.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #31 - February 20, 2014, 02:41 PM

Islam 101 can't transliterate Hebrew properly ( per the Hebrew text pointing it's Machmadim, rhyming with Mamtakim - the syllable count alone guides you to the pronunciation; and that's not the only error they make ), tell the difference between an adjectival and a nounal form, and lacks the basic grammar to understand that an -im ending usually denotes a plural ( masculine form ).

I've never come across the idea that -im in Hebrew is added for respect - pure invention?
     Reply #32 - February 20, 2014, 05:20 PM

Nihilism a component of theism? Alright-y then.

Well, yeah. Most forms of theism anyway. If someone believes that life, the world, reality, have no intrinsic value on their own and it takes a god to confer that value from beyond the universe, that person is a nihilist. The view that there is no meaning or purpose or significance, or the ingredients for morality, or even logical coherence, without their god, manifests as the most chronic and common form of utter nihilism I ever see around. Utter devalument of life and existence. All praise to god.

Appealing? Heck no. I said I can *relate* to the sense of futility ("No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them..."). Don't read too much into it.

I'm not. I'm just making conversation.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #33 - February 20, 2014, 05:36 PM

Every nihilist I've ever known was an atheist.  Most were fans of Nietzsche.

Reply #34 - February 20, 2014, 05:50 PM

I've never met an atheist nihilist. I've met some who flirted with the idea for a while, but never one who had a sustained personal commitment to it.

I have met plenty of theists projecting their committed and deeply-held nihilism onto atheists, though. It's the root of one of the most common charges against the atheist - that one cannot be good without god. And the more recent charge, that one cannot even trust or proffer one's own reasoning without appeal to god. The mantra of the presuppositional apologist seems to be so common these days.

Reply #35 - February 20, 2014, 05:59 PM

Theists are generally not nihilist, since they believe in a god and an afterlife and a purpose.  I've never heard of (but I'm sure they exist) a theistic nihilist.

And most, if not all of the world's most famous nihilist were atheists.  I don't know how you have come to your conclusions.
     Reply #36 - February 20, 2014, 06:03 PM

My point was that a lot of theists are nihilists as a consequence of their commonly stated perspective and ideas, not that theists identify as nihilists. I am accusing them of nihilism.

Reply #37 - February 20, 2014, 06:10 PM

Interesting view Ishina. For some denominations of Christianity which favour faith over work this holds a ring of truth.
     Reply #38 - February 20, 2014, 06:12 PM

I don't think you know what nihilism is.
     Reply #39 - February 20, 2014, 06:20 PM

I don't think you know what nihilism is.

common every one knows  about that EzraJT ..

It is about self mutilation, self obsession and having that self righteous attitude for the reason  "what they(Nihilists)  do will always have a purpose" which could be a STUPID purpose..  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: Did anyone read the Bible?
     Reply #40 - February 20, 2014, 06:24 PM

Interesting view Ishina. For some denominations of Christianity which favour faith over work this holds a ring of truth.

I think it applies more broadly too. For so many theists, meaning and significance is injected into the universe from outside of the universe, almost as an afterthought. To them, without that external source of meaning, the universe is void of meaning. That's where their gaze is, where their attention is captive. That's where their concerns are, over there, outside of the universe. This idea that what occurs in the universe does not hold any significance in and of itself bleeds into so many of their views. Things must have super special extra-cosmic meaning in order to be meaningful in their eyes. This unsatisfaction with the universe and pessimistic diminishment of the universe in itself, is theirs to deal with, yet is so often projected upon atheists. Atheists who, ironically, are the ones who most often naturally find value in a universe without god or naturally account for meaning without appeals to god.

Reply #41 - February 21, 2014, 08:54 AM

Well, yeah. Most forms of theism anyway. If someone believes that life, the world, reality, have no intrinsic value on their own and it takes a god to confer that value from beyond the universe, that person is a nihilist. The view that there is no meaning or purpose or significance, or the ingredients for morality, or even logical coherence, without their god, manifests as the most chronic and common form of utter nihilism I ever see around. Utter devalument of life and existence. All praise to god.
    I'm not. I'm just making conversation.

Thank you for your articulate response thnkyu. However, I don't think my connection to the book is the result of finding nihilism attractive. I was programmed from a very young age to be ambitious - to leave some type of legacy, leave my mark (think I'll piss on a tree instead). The author simply voices frustrations I've felt in the past & continue to feel. And I've uttered similar words throughout my lifelong battle with depression: All things are wearisome, more than one can say.

Reply #42 - February 21, 2014, 01:41 PM

I read the New English Bible.  Now very difficult to find, although there were many copies in every Anglican Church in England.

I think it actually helped with a major decline, because it was a good translation!  And don't diss the Hebrew Bible, it is a collection!

Maybe a modern honest translation of the koran is needed?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #43 - February 21, 2014, 01:51 PM

And don't diss the Hebrew Bible, it is a collection!

I know it's a collection, I still found it to be boring. However, when I came across thebrickbible.com, it made reading the Bible more enjoyable. I can imagine Muslims doing the same thing for their Qur'an, oh wait.... they can't! Drawing images of people is forbidden. Allah is the Most Jealous.

The only translation I read is ESV. Idk if it's the best translation but if there's a better one, I'll read the better one instead.

Me: Hey Allah!
    Allah: KAFIR!
     Reply #44 - February 21, 2014, 02:46 PM

i've been reading bits & pieces of the tanakh, which is pretty much the same thing. not in order, just dipping my fingers in a few pages here and there - and the amount of shit that came out was horrendous!
     Reply #45 - February 21, 2014, 02:48 PM

TMMT

The best of the modern ( ie post-1900 ) translations are the NEB, the Jerusalem Bible and the Moffat translation ( excellent for the NT ).  The ESV is really a study aid bible for the evangelical community, it's not gonna read well, or even correctly, as it comes out of a textual tradition that somewhat abjures the notion that biblical texts are literary creations with an underlying poetics, and there are gonna be issues with its ideological slants. Avoid. Strenuously.

Reply #46 - February 21, 2014, 07:46 PM

The New Jerusalem Bible is one of my favorites.
     Reply #47 - February 21, 2014, 08:01 PM

I read it all, including all the begat bits, when I was a teenager.
     Reply #48 - April 23, 2017, 05:38 PM

well QSM puts out all eight stanzas of that "Song of Solomon" Did you  read that QSM.,  let me redo it to make better so that is going to be "song of yeezevee"
    That sounds better.. Damn.. That sounds damn good..  Anyway  well those are the first two cants of "song of yeezevee".,and QSM will do the rest  .

Song of Solomon is a nice one  and I am sure people can make it better.  My problem with "Song of Solomon is not what is there in it ,  but many Islamic intellectuals think that Song of Solomon mentions alleged Prophet of Islam.. just an example..Like tha, t we can  literally  get 100s Islamic websites where fools sing like parrots  and consider that Alleged Islamic prophet was mentioned in that Song of Solomon.  But I have yet to see anything concrete in it. Fools  don't even know how to read that song, forget analyzing it.

Still not sure why you're referring to me as QSM. I think I remember you explaining once but I'm too drunk to recall. Still an awesome passage..

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »