Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: When Mo Ansar sent Jesus & Mo a DM

(Read 14568 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • When Mo Ansar sent Jesus & Mo a DM
     OP - February 03, 2014, 11:57 AM

When Mo Ansar sent Jesus and Mo a DM

On January 22nd, following his involvement in a blasphemy inciting lynch mob petition, the twitter user Mo Ansar said the following:

However, Mo Ansar did once send a DM to Jesus & Mo which appeared to threaten him with legal consequences for satirising him.

In a discussion with the historian Tom Holland, Mo Ansar once said the following about slavery within Islamic societies through history.

This led to much laughter at his expense, but it also represented serious issues about the whitewashing and denial of slavery within Islam, and the desire of some people to relativise even the worst atrocities in Islam, and Islamic history, in order to perpetuate the idea that Islam and its history is perfect.

Much merriment was made at the moderate Mo Ansar's threats, even more so when after posting Mo Ansar’s slavery comments he tweeted vague threats of dire consequences should we continue to do so.

So one day the cartoonist Jesus and Mo wrote an advert parodying Mo Ansar’s comment

This was circulated around twitter to much amusement. Mo Ansar subsequently sent the following DM to Jesus and Mo

Nothing ever transpired, but it reminds us of the power of satire and laughter in the face of a person who makes vague threats suggesting that some legal action could be initiated for being satirised.

When religious bullies make menacing suggestions of legal consequences for simply having themselves parodied we are reminded of how important the medium of religious satire is, and how important the work of Jesus & Mo is in a time of hypocrisy, bullies and blasphemy lynch mob inciters.

Reply #1 - February 03, 2014, 12:00 PM

Awesome ad Afro!
     Reply #2 - February 03, 2014, 12:56 PM

That ad is just BADASS !!  dance
     Reply #3 - February 03, 2014, 01:11 PM

Genuinely lol at the ad and response is priceless. Cheesy
     Reply #4 - February 03, 2014, 01:54 PM

Reminds me of when The Donald tried to sue Bill Maher after he sent a copy of his birth certificate stating he was the son of Fred Trump and not an orangutan.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #5 - February 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

I just spent a good 5 minutes laughing at the ad.  Afro

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #6 - February 03, 2014, 05:40 PM

I have a question: Why do many Muslims defend slavery (in the Islamic framework)?  Do they actually believe what they say, or are they trying to fool themselves about an obvious flaw in the laws of this "perfect" religion?

I have a close Muslim friend who even told me it was done in the Islamic framework for humanitarian reasons.
     Reply #7 - February 03, 2014, 05:54 PM

No, people who have been brought up in a normal setting, when they finally find out that slavery is actually not only permissible but an important part of Islamic warfare and economy, they feel that they must defend it regardless of their own personal beliefs. As you know, personal beliefs and opinions must be erased when you adopt the identity "Muslim".

They spend a lot of effort trying to rationalize it and make it look better than it is. What does "given full rights" mean in this context? What full rights? It's just nonsense. Isn't not being in control over your own life per definition unjust and oppression? It's the same with "women's rights" and Islam. I mean, really? Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #8 - February 03, 2014, 06:00 PM

No, people who have been brought up in a normal setting, when they finally find out that slavery is actually not only permissible but an important part of Islamic warfare and economy, they feel that they must defend it regardless of their own personal beliefs. As you know, personal beliefs and opinions must be erased when you adopt the identity "Muslim".

It's an important part of Islamic warfare (by the way, it sure sounds like the "religion of peace" here Tongue )?  Muslims always try to tell me how the fact that only POW's and two slaves children becoming slaves allows for more slaves meant slavery in the Islamic framework would just wither away and die.  Yet somehow Saudi Arabia still had slavery until the 60s...

They spend a lot of effort trying to rationalize it and make it look better than it is. What does "given full rights" mean in this context? What full rights? It's just nonsense. Isn't not being in control over your own life per definition unjust and oppression? It's the same with "women's rights" and Islam. I mean, really? Roll Eyes

Well they have all the rights as everyone else, just not the right to have a life.  Oh, and having your babies and kids snatched from you and sold, and sexual abuse being institutionally protected, etc, etc.  Surely this is superior to modern day sensibilities.

Also, in my experience with Muslims, both friends and strangers, I find they don't even know the history of slavery around the world, both within Muslim societies and others.  They think for example the limited protections Islam and Islamicate civilizations gave to slaves was unique or special, when in reality, such protections existed before Islam and in many other societies as well, even within the Northern US, which had a different form of chattel slavery from the South that was more humane.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »