Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Are you lonely IRL? Because....
  • you have lost muslim friends after your apostasy - 6 (15.4%)
  • asocial tendencies that you have a hard time making friends - 25 (64.1%)
  • you are naturally introvert - 7 (17.9%)
  • Just a misanthrope that you wouldnt care if everyone around you died from a plague - 1 (2.6%)
  • Total Voters: 38

Topic: Are you lonely IRL? Because....

(Read 11084 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Are you lonely IRL? Because....
     Reply #30 - February 23, 2013, 09:28 PM

^Thats a good advice,friendship is really more important and tend to last longer than romantic relationship because when you break up with your partner, that dynamic is gone but friends can beef each other and patch things up. Friends do come in handy when you need someone to talk to, bust each other's chop,share stuffs and all that. As much as I hate to admit it, I miss my best friend sometimes because they are some situations that I have faced and if he was there,he would have come in handy but that's life

So yeah, its not really encouraging to remain lonely, one has to socialize and have friends for their own good.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #31 - February 23, 2013, 11:34 PM

Due to a combination of things I've been going through an extremely lonely period of my life since last summer.

My advice to any young people around university/college age is take advantage of the easiest period in your life to make friends, because as you get older it gets more challenging. Encourage yourself to build and maintain friendships.
    Regardless of what movies tell you about the importance of finding 'the one', friendships tend to last longer than most romantic relationships, and they are really important for psychological health.

That's not an attempt to get pity, that's genuine advice to any young people reading.

Yeah you are right. I'm trying to make friends as much as I can in uni.

Because it is the one chance I have of trying to build a completely new social circle. 

I just need to work on my time management skills so I can actually have time to develop bonds with the people I meet though..

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #32 - December 25, 2015, 06:25 AM

It's weird for me.. When the situation presents itself to socialize, I sometimes purposely just stay away from it. Don't get me wrong, I don't completely stay away from socializing, but sometimes I can tell when hanging out or responding to an invite is going to be a big mistake.. When I'm not in the mood to talk, I can tell I'm going to be overshadowed in the conversation anyway, so why bother?

And you guys nailed the points about no one really understanding these feelings. It's pretty unique.

You can't help but think when you assume someone understands, to have a bit of skepticism about that person.. Sometimes that person just wants to bulldoze you to gain authority over you. Especially when you get older. You express your feelings to someone and all of a sudden that person thinks they have 1 up over you because you showed your vulnerability. Sometimes you truly don't want to be hurt again since you've been hurt over and over in your lifetime already.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »