Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello

(Read 2990 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello
     OP - January 20, 2014, 11:11 AM

Greetings,
    I am a Saudi Ex-Muslim
    And I am so thrilled to be here

I am 30 years old, I have a diploma in Computer Programming and a Bachelor Science in Information Technology and Computing and I just graduated .

I am working in a consulting engineering company in Saudi Arabia (8 years experience)

When I was 13 years old, I began to doubt God existence. I don't know, but it was so clear to me that the people around me are so mind manipulated

I was beaten by my parents just because I asked : ( Is God a man? How can God be in several places at once? Why do God creates Evil? Are you sure that Quran was not manipulated to due to a political purposes? etc...)

Till now, I am hiding the fact that I am an atheist and I am so loaded with my thoughts. I feel lonely

I may ask too much but, how do I apply for Humanitarian asylum outside the graveyard (Saudi Arabia)?

I am forced to pray, forced to act Muslim, beaten by my family if I do not act as they want (I am 30 years Old!!!!)

When is the right time to me to be myself and to announce my atheism?

Sorry, but I got emotional right now

Thank you for your kind reading and Best Regards,
  • Hello
     Reply #1 - January 20, 2014, 12:23 PM

Couldn't you get a job outside Saudi? You sound well-qualified.
  • Hello
     Reply #2 - January 20, 2014, 01:06 PM

Masha"allah !! Another apostate to join us infidels .

Definitly , search for a job outside saudi when you are done with your current firm . Solves the religious problems unless the new place you are going to is a region dominant by other muslims .
  • Hello
     Reply #3 - January 20, 2014, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the replay David

No, I did not have any offer outside Saudi although I did submit my resume to several IT companies in UK and USA
  • Hello
     Reply #4 - January 20, 2014, 01:14 PM

Masha"allah !! Another apostate to join us infidels .

Definitly , search for a job outside saudi when you are done with your current firm . Solves the religious problems unless the new place you are going to is a region dominant by other muslims .

codehawk

I am so proud to be an apostate infidel  Smiley

Do you have any idea where to search because I goggled a lot and I do not know what is good and what is bad outside there

I hate religious countries,

They are so annoying and interfering so badly in my personal life

• Hello
     Reply #5 - January 20, 2014, 01:21 PM

Well any country other than palestine , israel and myanmar in my opinion . I heard turkey and lebanon are more secular countries in the middle east . Dont know about the economy there though .  Lots of IT sectors in india and china . I myself am gonna graduate within 3 months in computer science so im not really qualified for consulting about jobs lol
  • Hello
     Reply #6 - January 20, 2014, 01:32 PM

That settles it

New Zealand is my destination   Afro 
  • Hello
     Reply #7 - January 20, 2014, 06:46 PM

The UK recently granted political asylum to an Afghan who stopped believing in islam and became an atheist. The only countries I know of that offer political asylum to atheists for religious reasons are the UK and Australia.

You still trying to find work abroad?

Welcome to the forum by the way. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hello
     Reply #8 - January 20, 2014, 11:16 PM

Check out http://www.syncrude.ca/users/folder.asp?FolderID=7336. My uncle is the semi-retirement as VP of Human Resources. Syncrude is always looking for people. It's in Canada but it's all I could think of which may have several jobs openings with your credentials. They have work programs for students and graduates.
  • Hello
     Reply #9 - January 21, 2014, 01:06 AM

Greetings,
    I am a Saudi Ex-Muslim
    And I am so thrilled to be here

Sorry, but I got emotional right now

Thank you for your kind reading and Best Regards,

Welcome! Being here is emotional and thrilling, you are not alone! parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hello
     Reply #10 - January 21, 2014, 04:19 AM

The UK recently granted political asylum to an Afghan who stopped believing in islam and became an atheist. The only countries I know of that offer political asylum to atheists for religious reasons are the UK and Australia.

You still trying to find work abroad?

Welcome to the forum by the way. Have a parrot. parrot

Thanks for the replay

Yes I'm still looking for a job outside the graveyard

as for the political asylum in UK and Australia: What is the procedure to apply if I may?

Thanks
  • Hello
     Reply #11 - January 21, 2014, 04:22 AM

Check out http://www.syncrude.ca/users/folder.asp?FolderID=7336. My uncle is the semi-retirement as VP of Human Resources. Syncrude is always looking for people. It's in Canada but it's all I could think of which may have several jobs openings with your credentials. They have work programs for students and graduates.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help  Afro

I hope they will accept me there.

• Hello
     Reply #12 - January 21, 2014, 04:22 AM

Welcome! Being here is emotional and thrilling, you are not alone! parrot

So kind of you

thnkyu parrot
  • Hello
     Reply #13 - January 21, 2014, 04:53 AM

as for the political asylum in UK and Australia: What is the procedure to apply if I may?

Claiming asylum in the UK sounds like a slow, humiliating, soul-destroying business. Getting a job would do more for your self-esteem and probably get you out quicker.
  • Hello
     Reply #14 - January 21, 2014, 05:30 AM

Thanks for the replay

Yes I'm still looking for a job outside the graveyard

Thanks

I'm not sure. Part of it is international and European human rights. If you face persecution, violence, murder and so on it's grounds for asylum. CEMB has a section on it.

http://ex-muslim.org.uk/2010/09/apostasy-and-asylum-in-the-united-kingdom/

I imagine this also has some information.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=asylum+for+atheist

Honestly though I agree with David. You want to exhaust every possibility you can to find employment abroad.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hello
     Reply #15 - January 21, 2014, 05:36 AM

Thank you

I will find a job opportunity outside

Seems to me that this is the right choice
  • Hello
     Reply #16 - January 23, 2014, 12:42 PM

Despite all the human rights legislation, most European countries don't actually want immigrants, and I know from my own experience that it is difficult to get asylum. I would suggest that your best bet might be to look for western companies that have a presence in Saudi or another Arab country and apply to them. They might be glad to recruit someone with your qualifications and language skills, as well as cultural knowledge. But don't mention that you are an ex-Muslim.

If you can work with them for a few years you could try to be transferred within the company to another country, either their home country or at any rate a less controlling one than Saudi. There might also be the possibility of working for one of their competitors.

I'm sorry that all this would take time, but I think in practical terms you ought not to come out as an ex-Muslim in Saudi, and OTOH you wouldn't be likely to get any help from another country unless you were already being persecuted.

Another (risky) procedure is to get an invitation from someone in the west to come and stay for a holiday and then apply for asylum when you've arrived. But it really is still difficult to be accepted for asylum.

Free speech is the source of most other freedoms
  • Hello
     Reply #17 - January 25, 2014, 03:40 PM

Dear DMB

You have given me a valuable information. I am working with an international Canadian company and what I have noticed is that they are so tough in those decisions.

They will select only 5 members out of 722 every year and they will train them outside Saudi if they achieved a certain number of conditions. I am working hard to gain their trust.

Thank you so much and have a great day
  • Hello
     Reply #18 - January 25, 2014, 11:39 PM

They will select only 5 members out of 722 every year and they will train them outside Saudi if they achieved a certain number of conditions. I am working hard to gain their trust.

Hi Techno-Science Smiley

Have a welcome parrot! parrot  dance

I was never a believer nor born to believing parents (so I got it easy) - just a supporter of people being who they are - including free from religious dogmas.

Unfortunately you will meet a lot like that if you don't get a personal recommendation. Like in my country (Denmark) we have some kind of (abusive) Green Card-arrangement - but if you don't speak Danish you are basically fucked. Unless you get a job at places like Microsoft Development Center Copenhagen. But you have to be a programmer to work there, I think (I worked there a few years as a "vendor").

Welcome again Smiley Glad to have you here! dance
    Nikolaj

EDIT: DMB's advise is right on! Try to hook up with international companies in Saudi Arabia - Microsoft has a presence there, I know. If your skill set and spoken English are good as well it will help you. If they ask you about your faith say you are a Muslim but not a fanatic and you know people have other beliefs and for this endeavour you are more interested in the benefits for your career and personal development.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »