Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Religious clothing in schools

(Read 23787 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Religious clothing in schools
     Reply #150 - April 21, 2014, 07:59 AM

You mentioned your presumptuousNess that and your arrogance is very typical and doesn't bother me in the least.

I am sorry that you’ve found me to be arrogant. I do, however, hope that it isn’t because I've demanded evidence and rejected your claims that had none behind them.

My bad otherwise. Not intentional. I can see how I might come off that way.

I have also on doctors orders mediated numerous patients to mask minor symptoms of the body having difficulty tolerating the interdiction of blood that is not an ideal match.

Like I said, blood transfusions can have risks.

Before this conversation even started I explained why I wasn't interested in having this conversation.

As I said before, you basically engaged me in this argument from my statements about vaccines (which again you’ve never mentioned since I explained your gross error) and my position that you don’t get to deny your kid lifesaving treatment. I don’t understand why you’re saying that you didn’t want to have this discussion. I’m not holding you against your will.

1) The intolerance and  selfrighteous attitude  of people who will demand their right to want ever while at the same time inflicting their will on someone else.

I feel like I’ve made myself so incredibly clear about my positions on your religion, Lynna. I could not care less about what you believe or what you do, provided that it harms no one but yourself. And refusing medical treatment for your kids when that treatment is the best option for their condition is not your right in the eyes of the United States law, nor should it be.

For WHAT REASON! ?! Because that child might grow up to be an apostate like you. LOL. No by the highest percent  not.

I’m sorry, Lynna, but if this is seriously what you believe I’ve suggested the only reason is, or that it is even an important reason, you clearly have not been reading anything that I wrote. Or I need to somehow make myself clearer. I can't think of any way to make it clearer, though.

So our children can show they know more about mercy and tolerance then you have the ability to show. So they show they can have a Christ like spirit answer can forgive the people who assaulted them unjustly just like Jesus forgave the people who assault and ill treated him.

Your children won’t show us a thing if they died because you refused them a life-saving medical treatment.

Three's comment was classic. But I am sure see's herself as a kind and reasonable  person.

She has good reason to see herself that way. I'm still not trying to be a dick to you, but I suppose it's no use either way, since it sounds to me like you're now comparing the trials of having your words criticized by people like three and I to the burden of Jesus' crucifix.

one article doesn't  prove anything..

The only article I sent you was a compilation of the ruling of the Supreme Court cases on the matter. You tried to tell me that the Supreme Court has had your back, Lynna, and it didn’t take me long to find the precise opposite. 

3) You keep on posting that Jehovah's Witnesses  want to kill their children.

I humbly invite you to quote me having said even one time that JWs want to kill their children. Luckily, cases of children needing blood transfusions to save their lives are quite rare, so the vast majority of you will never even be tested in this way. In fact, I came across one case where a JW family was facing shunning by the JW community after allowing their child to have a blood transfusion to save the child’s life. So clearly, no, not all of you are going to put your child’s life in danger. However, it has happened. And JWs have been taken to court over it. And they have lost.

I still hold out hope that if you believed your child needed a blood transfusion to live, you'd let him live. I don't think you're that far gone.

If you've got time to type and match a unit of blood there is time to get the patient t a hyperbarichamper. But anyhow  long before oxygenaction is a problem You'll have to worry about shock  form volume  depletion. LR could even work.

Is that so? No matter where you are in the world, you are only steps away from a free and functional hyperbaric chamber? Are there ones on every corner? In every hospital? In the field? On a corner next to every Starbucks? The people who died after childbirth and car accidents as JW refusing transfusions also declined to use the hyperbaric chamber that was totally an option at the time?

What if, God forbid, you are in a place that does not have a hyperbaric chamber, and your child is in imminent danger of exsanguination. What then, Lynna?

Anyway, besides the obvious flaw with the availability of the chambers, particularly in situations like emergency transport after critical injuries, there are conditions where HBOT has not been proven to be a viable replacement for conventional treatments: http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/herbsvitaminsandminerals/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy

Claims about alternative uses of HBOT include that it destroys disease-causing microorganisms, cures cancer, relieves chronic fatigue syndrome, and decreases allergy symptoms. A few supporters also claim that HBOT helps patients with AIDS, arthritis, sports injuries, multiple sclerosis, autism, stroke, cerebral palsy, senility, cirrhosis, Lyme disease, and gastrointestinal ulcers. Available scientific evidence does not support these claims. Because of that, the FDA has sent a warning letter to at least one manufacturer about promoting HBOT for unproven uses. The FDA considers oxygen to be a drug, meaning it must be prescribed by a physician or licensed health care provider to treat illnesses or health conditions.

Furthermore, there are people who cannot use the chambers without extreme risks, and sometimes exsanguination/medical emergencies don’t politely wait for these issues to resolve:

include myopia (short-sightedness) that can last for weeks or months, sinus damage, ruptured middle ear, and lung damage. A complication called oxygen toxicity can result in seizures, fluid in the lungs, and even respiratory (lung) failure. Patients at high risk of oxygen toxicity may be given "air breaks" during which they breathe ordinary air rather than pure oxygen for short periods during treatment.
    People with severe congestive heart failure may have their symptoms worsened by HBOT. Patients with certain types of lung disease may be at higher risk of collapsed lung during HBOT. Pregnant women should be treated with HBOT only in serious situations where there are no other options. People getting certain chemotherapy drugs (such as bleomycin, doxorubicin, or cisplatin) should not get HBOT. Anyone getting disulfiram (Antabuse) or using sulfamylon cream should not get HBOT, nor should anyone with a collapsed lung.
    A person with a pacemaker, high fever, or even a cold can be harmed by HBOT. Someone with claustrophobia would likely have trouble being in the HBOT chamber.
    Hyperbaric oxygen chambers can be a fire hazard: fires or explosions in hyperbaric chambers have caused about 80 deaths worldwide. Medical hyperbaric chambers today are generally well-built and have good safety records, but certain cautions must always be observed.
    Relying on this treatment alone and delaying or avoiding conventional medical care for cancer may have serious health consequences.

Here’s some other articles that confirm these findings: http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/97/7/385.2.full
    http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0172.html

Anyway, Lynna, you’ve managed to do it again. You’ve managed to totally ignore the inconvenient questions again. You ignored Osmanthus the first time he asked you what you would say if there were not an available hyperbaric chamber. You apparently just found it beneath you to provide Ishina with an answer. And you’ve ignored me pretty much since I’ve been talking, as you still somehow fail to understand that I am only talking about how it will not be your right to decide whether your child lives or dies regardless of the therapy you have a personal feud against if it comes down to it.

"if you were told that your child is going to die without a blood transfusion by actual, real medical doctors whom you trusted, are you still saying it is your right to refuse?"

This a straightforward question. Can we get a straightforward answer, instead of walls of text full of red herrings and weaselling?

I’m going to ask you once again to just answer the question, Lynna. This has been the subject from the start, and I'm getting a little tired of reminding you.
     Reply #151 - April 21, 2014, 11:59 AM

Booooooooooo..bo..bo..

what is happening here?? well let me read through..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #152 - April 21, 2014, 12:59 PM

Grin Not sure it is worth it, yeezevee...
     Reply #153 - April 21, 2014, 02:37 PM

Grin Not sure it is worth it, yeezevee...

well then let me go somewhere else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gvgVQX22q8

idiots like the fools below says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC8r8uzzEEM

Music is haram., Harami rascal converted to Islam and talk nonsense..

Reply #154 - April 21, 2014, 10:24 PM

@last few pages.

Thing about Jehovah's Witnesses, or any other religious nutters wanting to kill their children is, what can we even do about it anyway? It's not like we can stop them from breeding, so basically if people want to kill their kids, they will. Simple as.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #155 - April 22, 2014, 10:40 AM

^ Huh? I don't get it. You think child killing is inevitable Huh? It's not, there's a big difference between crazies breeding and crazies killing their kids. And we can do something about it -- ignore them when they refuse life-saving blood transfusions for their children, for one. Just as the state can remove children from parents who are abusive and dangerous, the state can intervene to prevent religious nutters from killing their kids. 
     Reply #156 - April 22, 2014, 12:37 PM

^ Huh? I don't get it. You think child killing is inevitable Huh? I.......

No..no I don't think  asbie is saying that., What he meant was., it is tough for govt/society  to save the kids if parents are crazy kid killing brutes for selfish reasons.  true one can prosecute them after he crime.

Reply #157 - April 22, 2014, 12:49 PM

Thankfully, despite what Lynna said originally, there have been many cases of government intervention when the parents try to refuse treatment...the bigger trouble are those people you hear about once in a blue moon who keep their sick kids at home and pray for cures. We never seem to hear about those until it goes very wrong. In that case, I think asbie is right.
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »