Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Anti-veiling veiled young women_Chinese way

(Read 2648 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Anti-veiling veiled young women_Chinese way
     OP - November 25, 2013, 05:35 AM

The news talks about Anti-veiling  veiled young women_Chinese way

A Chinese government worker beckons two women to her streetside stand and logs their details under the gaze of a surveillance camera, as their offence: wearing veils, in the ancient Silk Road oasis of Kashgar, farwest China's Xinjiang region.

A Chinese government worker in the ancient Silk Road oasis of Kashgar beckons two women to her streetside stand and logs their details under the gaze of a surveillance camera. Their offence: wearing veils.

The "Project Beauty" campaign aims to discourage women from covering their faces — a religious practice for some Muslim Uighurs, the largest ethnic group in China's Xinjiang region — in an attempt to improve security.

But critics warn the effort could sow resentment and backfire instead.

"We need to hold onto our traditions and they should understand that," said a 25-year-old woman who has been registered twice.

Offenders were made to watch a film about the joys of exposing their faces, she added, speaking behind a white crocheted covering.

"The movie doesn't change a lot of people's minds," she said, like others declining to be named.

Xinjiang, a vast area bordering Pakistan and Central Asia in China's far west, beyond the furthest reaches of the Great Wall, has followed Islam for centuries.

It came under Chinese control most recently during the Qing dynasty in the late 1800s.

For years it has seen sporadic unrest by Uighurs which rights groups say is driven by cultural oppression and intrusive security measures but China attributes to extremist religion, terrorism and separatism.

Authorities' concerns intensified after a deadly attack in Beijing's Tiananmen Square last month which police blamed on Uighurs.

Kashgar residents say veil restrictions sparked at least one deadly conflict this year near the city, where 90 per cent of the area's 3.3 million residents are Uighur...

well that is the VEILED news today

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - November 25, 2013, 06:38 AM

The concept sounds like what they did in France.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #2 - November 25, 2013, 07:50 AM

Offenders were made to watch a film about the joys of exposing their faces

I'm sorry. This is too funny.  Cheesy

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
     Reply #3 - November 25, 2013, 10:59 AM

I'm sorry. This is too funny.  Cheesy

well, that Anti-veiling  da'wah  is like Islamic da'wah.,   As long as they don't arrest or fine woman.......and  and veiled woman also has the right to explain the veilless woman about the joys of covering  their faces  I guess it should be OK..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - November 25, 2013, 01:06 PM

Just reading an atheist history of belief.  It seems xian martyrs competed to be killed.  There were many many xians who took an oath to the Emperor - all that was required, and their Bishops allowed this, but a few, probably because of end of the world beliefs went to extremes about it, and actually made a fight where there wasn't one!  Wearing veils is a continuation of this - how exactly is it a moral, self effacing, humble, religious thing to go around saying I am holier than you?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #5 - November 25, 2013, 07:45 PM

Interesting.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »