Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Funny things kids say, either funny ha ha or ?

(Read 61564 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Funny things kids say, either funny ha ha or ?
     Reply #120 - June 01, 2015, 03:49 PM

That's so cute, Tomas. Grin
     Reply #121 - June 01, 2015, 03:56 PM

Interesting, I was thinking more along the lines of depressing. Grin

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #122 - June 01, 2015, 05:12 PM

Him; "Daddy did you like the taste of ham before Mommy took over your mind?"

Me "Did you like it before Mommy took over your mind? "

Him "You both took over my mind.  Yeah I loved it and it never did me any harm. "

Me "What am I, Mommy' s robot?"

Him " Yeah, you kind of are. " finmad Cheesy

I look forward to his CEMB intro.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #123 - June 01, 2015, 08:53 PM

The kiddo is fooling around with her aunt. She interupts their tickle game in order to take a sip of tea, and just before she brings her tea cup to her lips, she shakes her head and says in a quiet, calm voice "I'm completely crazy today, hmm".

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #124 - June 01, 2015, 09:16 PM

Cheesy
     Reply #125 - June 01, 2015, 11:34 PM

Interesting, I was thinking more along the lines of depressing. Grin

Maybe so but hey if you can't laugh . . . Cheesy

Reply #126 - June 01, 2015, 11:37 PM

I look forward to his CEMB intro.

10 yrs from now; "Growing up I never really considered myself to be a muslim, my mum and dad had a weird kind of relationship . . .etc "
     Reply #127 - June 02, 2015, 07:34 PM

Could be worse. Could be one of those who grows up and writes an autobiography of how distant you were.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #128 - June 13, 2015, 08:11 PM

So the kiddo is super upset over the fact that I once, a long time ago in a conversation about music, mentioned that I really liked a particular singer and had been crushing on her since I was 14. This was just something silly, but the kiddo took it so seriously that she can't even stand hearing her songs anymore, despite both of us liking her in the start, because of pure jealousy. So after hating on her every time she heard her name or when her songs came up on my playlist, she all of a sudden said in a pleasent voice "next time you meet *** (I've been to her conserts more than once) tell her how much you like her".... after a while she mutters "just you wait I'll put up traps for her". Grin

Then she never fails to tell total strangers, in an upset manner, "my mom has a crush on ***, I really don't get her".

I'm both feeling confused and amused at the same time, like I usually do with her, but this blown out of proportion "crush" the kiddo has imagined I have on this singer is just a little bit more crazy than her usual ideas she comes up with.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #129 - June 13, 2015, 11:42 PM

I can assure you as a person who unfortunately remembers much of his childhood, that your daughter isn't even beginning to approach the depths of crazy ideas that children have.  grin12

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #130 - July 26, 2015, 09:55 AM

When I was 7, I went to the grocery store by myself to help out mom.
    Kiddo: I can do that as well
    No you can't *lists various reasons why she can't*
    Kiddo: ... but did you have a list or what?
    No, mom told me what to buy and I did. I was reliable, I guess.
    Kiddo: *pause* .... I'd definitely need a list, I usually think of other stuff.

Reply #131 - July 26, 2015, 01:16 PM

Such self awareness!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #132 - July 27, 2015, 12:34 AM

(My 6 year old entering the house from the garden on instruction to get a ball to bring to the park from me)
    *Comes in holding one in each hand*
    "Dad look I'm carrying my balls in my hands. . . See what I did there? "  Cheesy

Btw for the record that's him saying it, not me, I don't encourage that sort of talk but much to the dismay of his parents he loves using (thinks it's so funny) recently discovered 'rude' words, esp alternative slang for the male privates(usually just shortened versions of mens names). I blame his peers, ah well what to do Roll Eyes
     Reply #133 - July 27, 2015, 09:47 AM

My youngest daughter (11 years) actually asked my permission to start swearing yesterday lol,  "mom, I'm almost a teenager, about to start high school, so mommm can i start using swear words now ? "  I said no probs, go ahead lol, she has never allowed me to swear, not a motherly thing to do  :/
     Reply #134 - July 27, 2015, 09:51 AM

Another time I'm driving along and he's sitting in the back and he goes, "Dad what does the middle finger sticking up mean? " So I told him it means nothing. Then calls me again to look back him and he's giving me the finger and smiling and says "So this is okay?"

I had to tell him the truth and told him it was very rude and not okay.I had hoped if he thought it meant nothing, he'd lose interest but no such luck.
     Reply #135 - July 27, 2015, 09:53 AM

My youngest daughter (11 years) actually asked my permission to start swearing yesterday lol,  "mom, I'm almost a teenager, about to start high school, so mommm can i start using swear words now ? "  I said no probs, go ahead lol, she has never allowed me to swear, not a motherly thing to do  :/

Good for you Suki, I'm sure it's just a phase (at least that's what I'm hoping with mine).
     Reply #136 - July 27, 2015, 01:51 PM

^ naw, it can only get worse lol   : )
     Reply #137 - July 27, 2015, 02:20 PM

Times sure have changed  Cheesy
     Reply #138 - July 27, 2015, 02:46 PM

She's just a one off lol. My other daughters were swearing as soon as they could talk  :/
     Reply #139 - July 27, 2015, 03:42 PM

They learnt it from you then  Cheesy
     Reply #140 - July 27, 2015, 04:50 PM

Probably lol,  i  just blamed it on their cousins lol

Reply #141 - August 13, 2015, 02:05 AM

Keep in mind that I am the ONLY mom my kids know who runs around playing kid games like tag with them. But I am an older mom round here, I freely admit. The area I live in (farm country) women have children while quite young, for the most part.

Today I am sitting outside waiting for my son to finish riding his bike round and round so we can go inside for the night and he stops and sits down with me and says:
    "You are like a grandma mom."

Thanks, son.

Reply #142 - September 04, 2015, 02:26 AM

Middle child tells me today "I am not learning math, Mommy. My whole body learns it. At first my body learnt it slow, but the more it learns the faster my body gets it. I know math by my body, not my mind."

Reply #143 - September 04, 2015, 05:37 AM

Huh.

Reply #144 - September 04, 2015, 07:51 AM

Middle child tells me today "I am not learning math, Mommy. My whole body learns it. At first my body learnt it slow, but the more it learns the faster my body gets it. I know math by my body, not my mind."

They could be trying to express something that they don't have the words for, like synesthesia, that they've realized they have and other kids don't.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #145 - September 04, 2015, 07:55 AM

Perhaps they're referring to counting sums on fingers and toes lol..  cute though..
     Reply #146 - September 04, 2015, 11:12 AM

They could be trying to express something that they don't have the words for, like synesthesia, that they've realized they have and other kids don't.

Well, his brother is autistic, and he has some interesting similar traits. I wouldn't be surprised if he meant it quite literally like that.

Reply #147 - September 04, 2015, 11:14 AM

Perhaps they're referring to counting sums on fingers and toes lol..  cute though..

I am hoping he means that it rings true with his inner sense of logic. He never did count with his fingers, though, he started doing sums in his head immediately.

Reply #148 - September 29, 2015, 06:04 PM

Two things the kiddo said today... this morning she literally reprimanded me for my procrastinating behaviour. "When you need to get something done, just do it. Don't just think, I'll do it later. Just do it now". And then now before brushing her teeth, she says "...just like that Ronda Rousey. I'm in love with her. I just feel I'm in love with her". She is such a little weirdo for a seven year old. And I love her more than life.

Reply #149 - September 29, 2015, 06:43 PM

^ So cute! And she's right on both counts!
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »