Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Funny things kids say, either funny ha ha or ?

(Read 61576 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Funny things kids say, either funny ha ha or ?
     Reply #90 - April 05, 2015, 03:46 AM

Luckily it was from a minor eye irritation, not from sadness! When she is sad and crying, she cannot talk at all for the wailing. My threenager.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #91 - April 08, 2015, 02:23 AM

That's what happened with me and reindeer, only I was like 16 and should have known better.

I thought the moon was made out of cheese until I was about 9  Cheesy I think that is pretty bad
     Reply #92 - April 08, 2015, 11:53 AM

"I know a certain person who does the same (in this particular incident, not eating the stalk of spinach, which I find ridiculous)"

She knows exactly who I'm referring to, and she is well aware of the fact that I'm implying it's a not so positive trait or custom. But her reply is:

"Well, you know a lot of people..."

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #93 - April 08, 2015, 12:09 PM

Cheesy she's adorable.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #94 - April 08, 2015, 12:18 PM

"I know a certain person who does the same (in this particular incident, not eating the stalk of spinach, which I find ridiculous)"

She knows exactly who I'm referring to, and she is well aware of the fact that I'm implying it's a not so positive trait or custom. But her reply is:

"Well, you know a lot of people..."

Haha, what a smart kid Smiley
     Reply #95 - April 17, 2015, 02:24 PM

"Omg khubz arabi I love it you eat it with zayt and zaatar and zaytoon mmmmm it's 'delicious'".

The "omg", the Arabic and the actual English word "delicious" was a hilarious combination.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #96 - April 17, 2015, 02:33 PM

Grin
    She’s spot on! I love that stuff. I picked up a huge bag of Zaatar a couple of weeks ago with some laban and khubz. Funny thing, the Muslim guy behind the counter who rang me out looked at me, looked down at my items, then looked back at me again like “how the hell do you know about this??” When I gave him my debit card, he read off my full Arabic name aloud and smiled.
     Reply #97 - April 18, 2015, 02:13 AM

When I was little I ate sumac off the trees in my mother's yard, and she would dose me with ipecac when she caught me. She made me puke probably a hundred times for eating sumac, until I learned to hide it from her. There is a poisonous variety, but that is not what we had, and she had no idea there were different kinds.
    No one was happier than I when I found out I wasn't the only one who liked it, and that I could buy it at the store, if I were at the right sort of store!

Reply #98 - April 18, 2015, 11:04 AM

I'm complaining about her being picky with food, more particularly picky about what is eadible or not depending on how the food looks and especially what colour it has. I'm reminding her that I never complained even once as a kid (which is actually true) and ate anything that was served, and that life would be far easier for both her and me if she just stopped with the very many weird ideas about food she has. Her answer: "Well, I already know that, grandma already told me (said in a very annoyed tone of voice, but what comes next is far more preachy). We are all different, we are born different and we like and think different thinks, you know..."

As you see, food is a very big issue for us lately... on the bright side, I finally got my hands on some tahina and pomegrenate molasses this week so we both rejoiced and feasted on baba ghanouj and khobz arabi, wa lillahil hamd.

Reply #99 - April 19, 2015, 06:41 PM

Trick her into trying a few samples of food which tastes great, according to what you know she may like or not, which looks horrible. Get her to close her eyes or blind folder her. The taste could win her over before seeing what it looks like. You could get her interested in other foods by example. Pig out on some goodies could spark an interest since she sees you enjoying the snack.
     Reply #100 - April 19, 2015, 06:52 PM

I was babysitting a three year old one time, she was at the age when she was hearing new words and wanted to use them but wasn't really sure what they meant. So we had this conversation:

Me: "Ok, (kid's name), it's time for your nap now."
    Kid: "Is that SENSIBLE?"

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #101 - April 19, 2015, 07:50 PM

Grin
    She’s spot on! I love that stuff. I picked up a huge bag of Zaatar a couple of weeks ago with some laban and khubz. Funny thing, the Muslim guy behind the counter who rang me out looked at me, looked down at my items, then looked back at me again like “how the hell do you know about this??” When I gave him my debit card, he read off my full Arabic name aloud and smiled.

I had similar experiences living in Spain, to be fair, how many Brits can speak Spanish? Cheesy
     Reply #102 - April 19, 2015, 07:50 PM

I was babysitting a three year old one time, she was at the age when she was hearing new words and wanted to use them but wasn't really sure what they meant. So we had this conversation:

Aww bless  Cheesy
     Reply #103 - April 19, 2015, 09:23 PM

It is a good question. One needs to evaluate exhaustion or tiredness vs sleeping. Sleeping when not needed could be worse  for one that does not require it.
     Reply #104 - April 20, 2015, 03:11 AM

I like having logical rounds with my kids. Today one of them said ¨Well, you are what, like ninety years old? Okay, maybe eighty-seven?¨ You have to hold back so much. You want to just pop back with stuff like how it is biologically impossible for me to be their mother and be that age. But three years old is a bit too young for the talk, no matter what my own mother thought. I have nightmares of them educating the daycare. It's bad enough that they know Santa is a lie.

Reply #105 - April 20, 2015, 07:33 AM

It is a good question. One needs to evaluate exhaustion or tiredness vs sleeping. Sleeping when not needed could be worse  for one that does not require it.

She was 3. This was like nearly 15 years ago. It was "common knowledge" where I grew up that kids that age need a nap. Another interesting story involving her: she had two older sisters, and I would babysit them too sometimes although most of the time I just babysat her. One time when I was babysitting her and her siblings, her sister got violently ill really suddenly, she got a really high fever and started convulsing. I freaked out and tried to call her parents, but her mom was at a funeral and her dad was at work (he was an army doctor, but stationed locally) so neither of them answered. So I tried to bring down her fever, made her drink water, and generally panicked. None of the other parents of small kids in the neighborhood were home and calling an ambulance would mean leaving the other two kids unattended, so I didn't know what else to do. Anyway, then the littlest one came up to me and said "I'm going to play barbies while (sick kid) is shaking herself." Which brought a tiny bit of humor to the situation and then profound existential angst because she had no idea how good she had it, she had no idea what death was, and I was seriously freaked out about her sister's condition. The kid who was sick got better tho! So it all worked out fine in the end.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #106 - April 20, 2015, 08:25 AM

She starts telling me about the dream she had, but she calls the city we are currently living in for "mascara" for some reason or the other (which was part of the dream). I interrupt her, snickering, "honey, it's not mascara, it's ******** OK?". She looks at me for a while without saying anything, with a seious face, and then all of a sudden "...hey, cut it out. This was a scary dream you know..." Cheesy I had to bite my tounge not to LOL and piss her off Cheesy

Reply #107 - April 21, 2015, 01:02 PM

She was 3. This was like nearly 15 years ago. It was "common knowledge" where I grew up that kids that age need a nap. Another interesting story involving her: she had two older sisters, and I would babysit them too sometimes although most of the time I just babysat her. One time when I was babysitting her and her siblings, her sister got violently ill really suddenly, she got a really high fever and started convulsing. I freaked out and tried to call her parents, but her mom was at a funeral and her dad was at work (he was an army doctor, but stationed locally) so neither of them answered. So I tried to bring down her fever, made her drink water, and generally panicked. None of the other parents of small kids in the neighborhood were home and calling an ambulance would mean leaving the other two kids unattended, so I didn't know what else to do. Anyway, then the littlest one came up to me and said "I'm going to play barbies while (sick kid) is shaking herself." Which brought a tiny bit of humor to the situation and then profound existential angst because she had no idea how good she had it, she had no idea what death was, and I was seriously freaked out about her sister's condition. The kid who was sick got better tho! So it all worked out fine in the end.

Those febrile seizures are terrifying, and it seems miraculous that usually there is no damage. Even knowing that does not make it any easier to watch.

Reply #108 - April 26, 2015, 09:48 AM

I heard my niece come in when I was eating peanuts.
    She looked at me and my Aunty and everyone in the room and  exclaimed.
    "My mommy love penis! (Peanuts) She eats it everyday!"

Needless to say I laughed. Hah

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #109 - May 07, 2015, 12:47 PM

Peering into her cup: ¨Hey! Where did my ice cubes go?!!¨

Reply #110 - May 08, 2015, 12:39 AM

Aww.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #111 - May 17, 2015, 02:51 AM

I took her with me to the mailbox and let her pull out an envelope, which she held up at me to say, very excitedly ¨MOMMY WE GOT AN EMAIL!¨

Reply #112 - May 17, 2015, 02:58 AM

Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #113 - May 20, 2015, 08:29 PM

Kiddo grits her teeth and mutters "urrggh.. I want to crush...crush his soul.."

A while after she whispers quietly, mostly to herself, "I think I have to fart...ohh it was a silent one... akkhhh, I shouldn't have said anything..."

Most of the time, I'm both amused and freaked out by the things she says.

Reply #114 - May 20, 2015, 08:35 PM

Needs a reality show.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #115 - May 20, 2015, 11:40 PM

Kiddo grits her teeth and mutters "urrggh.. I want to crush...crush his soul.."

A while after she whispers quietly, mostly to herself, "I think I have to fart...ohh it was a silent one... akkhhh, I shouldn't have said anything..."

Most of the time, I'm both amused and freaked out by the things she says.

I think your daughter might be a genius.

Reply #116 - May 21, 2015, 05:12 AM

Needless to say I laughed. Hah

Needless to say, if I was there at least one inappropriate joke would've followed.

Reply #117 - June 01, 2015, 03:07 AM

Him; "Daddy did you like the taste of ham before Mommy took over your mind?"

Me "Did you like it before Mommy took over your mind? "

Him "You both took over my mind.  Yeah I loved it and it never did me any harm. "

Me "What am I, Mommy' s robot?"

Him " Yeah, you kind of are. " finmad Cheesy

Reply #118 - June 01, 2015, 05:37 AM

I knew women had the mental powers of mind control!
     Reply #119 - June 01, 2015, 01:15 PM

Cheesy

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »